Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help say goodbye to George Bush!

Go down 
+3
happy jack
Face
sparks
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/14/2009, 12:01 am

paul87920 wrote:
Mirage wrote:
Actually just 4. President Palin in 2012! cheers

I'm guessing if you do believe Obama is the Antichrist you really don't have much hope for Sarah Palin in 2012.

It could get interesting. That's for sure! Wink

But of course if Jesus Christ returns and wants to take over in 2012 that would be just fine with me. cheers
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/14/2009, 6:27 pm

Mirage wrote:

I'm not so sure about that! Looking at the electoral map it seems like the urban areas mainly put Obama into power. In the heartland it was much a different matter. I'm not sure Palin really will take over the leadership of the party and be the #1 contender in 2012, but she certainly does seem to be leaning that way. And don't underestimate her! The Georgia Senatorial runoff didn't go to the Dems after her working that race for the party. Were she really such a joke and with the Dems controlling Congress it is not an insignificant win.

I was going through my mail today and lo and behold....... a letter with "Office of the Governor of Alaska" printed on the outside,along with the state seal. I opened it and was greeted with.."Hi Neighbor, As Governor of Alaska I'm pleased to tell you about a very special offer: now you can receive a an official Alaska travel guide absolutely free". A few more paragraphs extolling Alaska and then signed "With warm regards,Sarah".

Ok,first of all,I not her "neighbor". Heck,I can't even see Alaska from my living room window. 2nd,I see this as possibly a sneaky,cheap,ruse to try and keep her name in the spotlight and build a mailing list,while the State of Alaska picks up the tab.

I can't recall ever getting travel brochure solicitations directly from a Governor. Will I respond? Of course! Why? To see how long it is before I get hit on for a campaign donation.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/14/2009, 6:30 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
I was going through my mail today and lo and behold....... a letter with "Office of the Governor of Alaska" printed on the outside,along with the state seal. I opened it and was greeted with.."Hi Neighbor, As Governor of Alaska I'm pleased to tell you about a very special offer: now you can receive a an official Alaska travel guide absolutely free". A few more paragraphs extolling Alaska and then signed "With warm regards,Sarah".

Ok,first of all,I not her "neighbor". Heck,I can't even see Alaska from my living room window. 2nd,I see this as possibly a sneaky,cheap,ruse to try and keep her name in the spotlight and build a mailing list,while the State of Alaska picks up the tab.

I can't recall ever getting travel brochure solicitations directly from a Governor. Will I respond? Of course! Why? To see how long it is before I get hit on for a campaign donation.
Hey Artie. . . . I got one of those just before Christmas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/14/2009, 6:31 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

I'm not so sure about that! Looking at the electoral map it seems like the urban areas mainly put Obama into power. In the heartland it was much a different matter. I'm not sure Palin really will take over the leadership of the party and be the #1 contender in 2012, but she certainly does seem to be leaning that way. And don't underestimate her! The Georgia Senatorial runoff didn't go to the Dems after her working that race for the party. Were she really such a joke and with the Dems controlling Congress it is not an insignificant win.

Uhm, she didn't say that and you are on the mailing list for a reason.
I suspect because you have provided your address for "some" reason.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/14/2009, 6:34 pm

tater wrote:
I know why I got mine. I've been there a gazillion times.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/14/2009, 6:35 pm

Tater,I suppose she could have gotten it from a list they bought. I can assure you though,that I have never expressed any interest in traveling there,ever. I'm a warm weather guy.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/14/2009, 6:36 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
tater wrote:

You get yours today,BWG?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/14/2009, 6:39 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Tater,I suppose she could have gotten it from a list they bought. I can assure you though,that I have never expressed any interest in traveling there,ever. I'm a warm weather guy.

Take your word for it, thogh I wouldn't mind goin' on one of those cruises
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/14/2009, 6:41 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

You are on a list.

Have you taken a trip or booked a trip through a travel agency or internet site within the past 2 years?

I ask because I got on a mailing list using expedia last year to book a flight, rental car, hotel in Florida, when my dad died.

Ever since, I have been getting mailings from various states, and all have a generic greeting from the governor on it complete with the rubber stamp signature

Also Alaska is very beautiful. I loved it whem ym ship made a port visit to Alaska while I was in the Navy. I may go back this summer
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/14/2009, 6:52 pm

mike3775 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

You are on a list.

Mike,That may very well be true. I just found the presentation of it very odd.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/14/2009, 6:53 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:
tater wrote:

You get yours today,BWG?
No, I got mine just before Christmas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/15/2009, 3:58 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Look out that window again! Looks like Alaska to me. Razz

As for the appeal, I received tons of stuff from Obama asking me for money. At least supporting Alaskan tourism is a more worthy goal than buying an Obama coffee mug or car magnet or lotto chance for a spot in line at the inauguration. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/15/2009, 4:05 am

mike3775 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

You are on a list.

Have you taken a trip or booked a trip through a travel agency or internet site within the past 2 years?

I ask because I got on a mailing list using expedia last year to book a flight, rental car, hotel in Florida, when my dad died.

Ever since, I have been getting mailings from various states, and all have a generic greeting from the governor on it complete with the rubber stamp signature

Also Alaska is very beautiful. I loved it whem ym ship made a port visit to Alaska while I was in the Navy. I may go back this summer

I know how I got on that list. It was one of those consumer programs like My Points or E-Miles and I got like 5 points for clicking to read and another 25 points or so if I allowed them to send the tourism info. I got mailed stuff and emailed stuff. I think I even got a free calendar. Wasn't Obama charging $25 for his calendar? Later I clicked on unsubscribe and the Alaskan tourism material stopped coming. Meanwhile Obama was trying to hit me up for $5 just last week to pay for his inaugural stove top hat or something. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/15/2009, 8:22 am

I have never given to a candidate and never will

Whenever a candidate has any call me for a donation, I say "sorry I have to pay bills and buy gas and food with all my paycheck, how about you give me a donation instead, since I am the one who really needs the money"

Funny thing is, they usually hang up right after and never call me again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/15/2009, 1:53 pm

The irony here is the Federal campaign checkbox on your tax form was supposed to severely reduce such appeals, but Obama flip-flopped on that promise and is shoveling in the dough.

But worse still, we see Citibank & BOA and other banks (which already gave Obama a bunch of money) contributing to the ridiculous amount of money going for the inauguration but Citibank now claims it's broke and needs another bailout already! If this were Haliburton in the same boat the left would be calling for impeachment and Federal indictments for everyone involved. Mad

Speaking of the inauguration why was it considered a waste of money for Bush to spend like $40 - $50 mil for his 2nd but Obama's party is apparently topping $160 mil - but that's OK? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/15/2009, 2:02 pm

$160 million?

That is outrageous

to me $1 million is to much to spend
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/15/2009, 2:15 pm

You know for all the talk about Lincoln at Obama's inauguration it looks to me like his administration may more closely resemble Grant's already based on some of his cabinet appointees. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/15/2009, 2:16 pm

Mirage wrote:

Speaking of the inauguration why was it considered a waste of money for Bush to spend like $40 - $50 mil for his 2nd but Obama's party is apparently topping $160 mil - but that's OK? Evil or Very Mad

Com'on- we all know why... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/15/2009, 2:26 pm

CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE. Elect me and I will bring CHANGE

just ignore the fact that I am having a lifetime senator as VP, my senior cabinet picks are all retreads from a prior administration, my treasury secretary doesn't pay his taxes like a good american should do each and every year, and my choice for Attorney General is against universal healthcare Smile
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/15/2009, 2:27 pm

Mirage wrote:
But worse still, we see Citibank & BOA and other banks (which already gave Obama a bunch of money) contributing to the ridiculous amount of money going for the inauguration but Citibank now claims it's broke and needs another bailout already! If this were Haliburton in the same boat the left would be calling for impeachment and Federal indictments for everyone involved. Mad

First of all, no one to my knowledge is or was sitting on the board of either BOA or citi, unlike the Vice President who used to be CEO of Haliburton if I am not mistaken

Mirage wrote:

It is a waste of money, but doesn't his campagne pay for it? Really I don't think the taxpayer is paying are we???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/15/2009, 2:29 pm

I think we are, otherwsie why would they have raised the issue 4 years ago?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/15/2009, 2:29 pm

Citi has no right to beg for money.

they pissed away so much to get naming rights to the Mets ballpark, simply drop that deal and they will have some cash on hand
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/15/2009, 2:31 pm

I am not sure they can just drop the naming rights, I do believe they signed a contract. But really that is a drop in the bucket if you look at what they have and what they lost
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/15/2009, 2:40 pm

If a company is broke, gets a ton of money from the government, both before after receiving the money makes donations to government officials who voted for that gift, then comes right back to ask for yet more money from the taxpayer in my mind that's an illegal contribution and possibly a crime.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty1/15/2009, 2:52 pm

Mirage wrote:

$160 mil ?...where did you get that figure?...
anyway...
Looks like the "fat cats" are sucking up to the new prez:

Quote :
Obama raises $27 million for inaugural
Despite recession, Obama inaugural raises $27 million from 2,000 donors; 378 gave $50,000
Sharon Theimer, Associated Press Writer
Tuesday January 6, 2009, 4:40 pm EST

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Despite the economic hard times, money keeps pouring in for President-elect Barack Obama's inaugural festivities.

The inaugural committee has raised at least $27 million, donor information on its Web site Tuesday showed. Most of that has come in over the past three weeks.

If fundraising continues at that pace, Obama's committee will have no problem reaching or exceeding the roughly $40 million raised for each of President George W. Bush's two inaugural celebrations.

More than 2,000 donors are helping to finance Obama's Jan. 20 swearing-in festivities. At least 378 gave the maximum $50,000.

Top donors include financier and major Democratic donor George Soros, actors Halle Berry, Jamie Foxx, Sharon Stone and Samuel L. Jackson, producer Jeffrey Katzenberg and directors Ron Howard, George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis. Lisa Henson, daughter of "Muppets" creator Jim Henson and the co-CEO of The Jim Henson Co., also gave the maximum.

Math teacher Jon Mormino of Washington's Sidwell Friends School, where Obama's daughters Malia and Sasha started classes this week, gave $250.

The $50,000 donors get access to inaugural events including candlelight dinners with appearances by members of Congress and the Obamas and tickets to an official ball, the swearing-in ceremony and parade seating.

The committee expects to raise about the same amount as Bush did for his last inauguration. Americans shouldn't get the impression that the money will be spent on caviar and champagne, inaugural committee spokeswoman Linda Douglass said. Light fare and snacks will be served at the official balls; there will be no caviar, and people will have to pay for their drinks, she said.

"One of the reasons that we have to raise all of this money is that we're trying to make this the most open and accessible and inclusive inauguration in history," Douglass said. Among other things, the fundraising will cover the installation of 10 giant screens on the national mall so people can witness Obama's swearing-in within sight of the Capitol, she said. Other expenses include 5,000 portable toilets, free or low-cost youth and neighborhood balls and organizing a community service day, she said.

The inaugural committee is releasing the names of those who give $200 or more. It is refusing money from labor unions, corporations, political action committees, foreigners and Washington lobbyists.

The committee isn't turning away contributions from those whose enterprises lobby in Washington, however.

Google chief executive Eric Schmidt and five others at the Internet company gave $25,000 each. The inaugural committee received a total of $150,500 from six Microsoft employees, including the maximum $50,000 from Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

Also giving the limit were Thomas Strickland, UnitedHealth Group executive vice president and chief legal officer, and two Indian tribes with casinos, the Cherokee Nation in Oklahoma and the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians in California.

Microsoft, Google, UnitedHealth and the two Indian tribes have all lobbied in Washington over the past year.

Other maximum donors include Louis Susman, who retired this month as vice chairman of Citigroup, a banking giant that has received a multibillion-dollar bailout from the U.S. government.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Help say goodbye to George Bush!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next