Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help say goodbye to George Bush!

Go down 
+3
happy jack
Face
sparks
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage

Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/17/2009, 9:28 am

Artie60438 wrote:
mike3775 wrote:
I notice you don't disagree about the waste in the bill Smile

To tell you the truth,I haven't paid that much attention to it.

That doesn't surprise me. Obama will do whatever he wants without his followers seeing anything wrong with it.

However they will continue to focus on Bush...

"ahem"....
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/17/2009, 9:40 am

Ohhmama wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
mike3775 wrote:
I notice you don't disagree about the waste in the bill Smile

To tell you the truth,I haven't paid that much attention to it.

That doesn't surprise me. Obama will do whatever he wants without his followers seeing anything wrong with it.

Please enlighten us to all the so-called waste,because I haven't really seen anything that qualifies. Obama has already appointed Nancy Killefer, a former Treasury Department official and business efficiency consultant as the overseer for Government waste and a website is planned.

Quote :

However they will continue to focus on Bush...

"ahem"....

Who got us into this mess?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/17/2009, 10:56 am

Giving billions to universities is not waste?

Excuse me, they get state funding already, no need to give them billions ins a STIMULUS PACKAGE. How exactly is that going to create jobs?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/17/2009, 12:05 pm

mike3775 wrote:
Giving billions to universities is not waste?

Excuse me, they get state funding already, no need to give them billions ins a STIMULUS PACKAGE. How exactly is that going to create jobs?

States are hurting big time. Obama's plan is to help modernize schools which in turn would help create jobs in construction and technology providers to name a couple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/17/2009, 1:44 pm

Who got us into this mess is hardly on Bush's back alone- don't forget we have a Democratic lead Congress... and from what I've last seen, their approval ratings are lower than Bush's...
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/17/2009, 1:53 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Who got us into this mess is hardly on Bush's back alone- don't forget we have a Democratic lead Congress... and from what I've last seen, their approval ratings are lower than Bush's...

How is a razor thin Democratic Congress for the last 2 years responsible when Republicans controlled Congress since 1996,except in 2001 where they were still 1 seat short of a majority?

As I've pointed out previously many times,the approval ratings of Dem congress people are still higher than Repubs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/17/2009, 2:08 pm

Ohhmama wrote:

Somebody has a lower approval rating than Bush? Who? Shocked

I don't think so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/17/2009, 2:16 pm

Congress
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/17/2009, 3:56 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
I'd like to see a link to that poll. It's pretty hard to have lower approval ratings than Bush.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/17/2009, 4:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/17/2009, 4:48 pm

They have been talking about that for many months
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/17/2009, 5:08 pm

sparks wrote:
I'd like to see a link to that poll. It's pretty hard to have lower approval ratings than Bush.

http://www.pollingreport.com/CongJob.htm

Take your pick, there's a list to choose from
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/17/2009, 5:42 pm

Bill B wrote:
sparks wrote:

http://www.pollingreport.com/CongJob.htm

Take your pick, there's a list to choose from

So it seems their ratings are all under 25%, Rep. and Dems alike. Nothing to be proud of for sure for an out going President.

I would be willing to bet our new President will never have approval ratings this low and the congress will raise their ratings in the coming year as well. cheers
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/17/2009, 5:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/17/2009, 6:01 pm

With Pelosi and Reid staying in charge of the House and Senate, I am not so sure you will see approval ratings going up much at all. Obama has a big job ahead of him, he has been doing the slow sell that there is a lot he must try and do to get the economy going, one things for sure, if the economy doesn't get better, his ratings will start to drop like a rock
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/18/2009, 9:02 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:
According to USA Today's/Gallup Poll: Congress' Approval Rating 19%

According to USA Today's/Gallup Poll: Bush's Approval Rating 34%

Both at www.pollingreport.com
Thanks for the link. That should send sparks scurrying off to the corner.
Kind of like the way you clammed up when I called you on the bogus argument that tariffs would help employment in the US.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/18/2009, 10:00 am

Quote :

Thanks for the link. That should send sparks scurrying off to the corner.
Quote :
Kind of like the way you clammed up when I called you on the bogus argument that tariffs would help employment in the US.
Bogus argument? Just where would the U.S. companies, with manufacturing overseas relocate if they refused to pay a high tariff? Go out of business? Common sense dictates, that they would use the labor force that was available while they were getting rich, and before they sent manufacturing jobs to China, India, and Mexico. Use some common sense.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/18/2009, 10:14 am

Face wrote:
With Pelosi and Reid staying in charge of the House and Senate, I am not so sure you will see approval ratings going up much at all. Obama has a big job ahead of him, he has been doing the slow sell that there is a lot he must try and do to get the economy going, one things for sure, if the economy doesn't get better, his ratings will start to drop like a rock

Face,I disagree about the approval ratings not going up. They're already starting to show some very slight upward movement from their lows. National Job Approval: Congress (2008 - Present)

I believe a big part of the reason that numbers were so low the past 2 years is because Repubs were blocking everything that moved. With the the new majority the Dems have,I expect that to change.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty1/18/2009, 11:43 am

Bush's Final Approval Rating: 22 Percent

CBS) President Bush will leave office as one of the most unpopular departing presidents in history, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll showing Mr. Bush's final approval rating at 22 percent.

Seventy-three percent say they disapprove of the way Mr. Bush has handled his job as president over the last eight years.

Mr. Bush's final approval rating is the lowest final rating for an outgoing president since Gallup began asking about presidential approval more than 70 years ago.

The rating is far below the final ratings of recent two-term presidents Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan, who both ended their terms with a 68 percent approval rating, according to CBS News polling.

Recent one term presidents also had higher ratings than Mr. Bush. His father George H.W. Bush had an end-of-term rating of 54 percent, while Jimmy Carter's rating was 44 percent.

Harry Truman had previously had the lowest end-of-term approval at 32 percent, as measured by Gallup.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mission Accomplished!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty3/17/2009, 12:48 pm

Still as popular as ever Very Happy

Bush faces footwear protest in Canada

OTTAWA (AFP) — Canadians amassed shoes to throw in protest against George W. Bush on Tuesday when he gives his first post-presidential speech in western Canada's oil patch.

The footwear was to be tossed at an effigy of the 43rd US president outside a Calgary conference center where Bush was to speak to some 1,500 people at a luncheon, said Colette Lemieux of the Canadian Peace Alliance.

Up to 200 protestors from across the country were expected for the demonstration against Bush's invasion of Iraq and rendition of terror suspects, she said in a telephone interview with AFP.

"We had shoes sent in (to us) from across the country," said Lemieux, charging Bush is a "war criminal" who must be prosecuted for his former administration's policies in the US "war on terror."

"It doesn't matter that he is no longer president," she added. "A bank robber who stops holding up banks can and must still be prosecuted for his crimes." The same applies for Bush, she said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Help say goodbye to George Bush!
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6