Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office Empty
PostSubject: Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office   Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office Empty4/30/2009, 8:28 am

Hmmm,Looks like that legacy tour worked out about as well as his Presidency Laughing

Poll: Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office
The Huffington Post | Megan Slack | 04/29/09 12:37 PM

A new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll found that former President Bush's popularity has dropped since he left office.

When he left office in January, 31 percent of American's viewed him positively. That number has now dropped to 26 percent.

President Barack Obama, meanwhile, is more popular than the past two presidents at this point during their first terms.

According to the poll, 61 percent approve of Obama's job -- that's compared with George W. Bush's 56 percent and Bill Clinton's 52 percent at this same juncture in their presidencies.

Also, 64 percent view Obama favorably versus 23 percent who see him in a negative light -- once again, higher than Bush's and Clinton's scores on this question.

Additionally, 64 percent of Americans also "feel more hopeful about the direction of the country with Obama in office," and a full 59 percent feel he has accomplished a "great deal" or a "fair amount."

Read the full poll Here
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/29/poll-bush-getting-even-mo_n_192861.html?view=print
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office   Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office Empty4/30/2009, 12:40 pm

I love how you "lefties" always look back.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office   Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office Empty4/30/2009, 4:18 pm

According to an unofficial "POLL" in the "Daily Herald" that serves West, North suburbs, asking the same question as the TIMES of Northwest, Indiana did this past week, - 60% disapprove of how Obama is "doing".

Besides tax-evaders in his administration having to "fess up", according to the weekly Times Magazine, look for some special "Chicago" connected names now serving under Obama to pop up in Blago's upcoming trial. Mainly, those he took with him from the most corrupted state in the nation, to his "White House".

Namely the Emanual what-eva guy...he schemed along with Blago to squeeze money out of entities to land deals. Emanuel is linked with his brother, the movie guy that Blago insisted on receiving a fundraising event in order to have a movie produced in IL. The guy didn't fall for it, nor would he ever. But, somehow, Emanuel is linked to the corruption.

Times Weekly also said, "a lot of familiar names under Obama" will pop your eyes out once this trial takes place.

The wheeling and dealing that goes on in Washington, if you read every bit of every credible newspaper or political magazine, would knock the socks off your feet. No, I didn't vote for Obama, but when I though who our president was in past times, they clearly were in place, and I respected them, whether I voted for them or not.

Today, if you ask me if I am confident in Obama, I would honestly have to answer NO. Do I think of him as a strong leader? No. Instead I visualize and assume there are so many people underneath him, TELLING him what to say. He pacifies. He doesn't put the words into action. Out of all the promises he promised during the campaign trail, as much as he took action on some, on an equal part, he has not kept his word. I understand it takes time, much longer than the 100 day celebration, and he has tried to keep most promises, but I don't feel he is our real leader. I feel once he got in the White House, his feet hit the real tread. There were things he was privy to with President Bush, that I feel he would not have promised or promoted during his campaign, had he known the intensity of certain situations. I will give him time, but at this time, I don't feel he is a FIRM LEADER that leads our nation. I think my impression is - he sort of melts as a leader when going overseas. I can't stand the fact that he doesn't get "mad" that he leads. He is the optimistic person, but at this time, it isn't a time to be overzealously "optimistic". He's increased the troops, relocated them redirected another war from Iraq, to Afghanistan...and his promises have yet to take shape. I'll give him time, like I said, but I don't and won't hold my hopes up.

There is something that really bothers me, and also my family, and friends. Just why do they want to reveal our CIA tactics for the world to know, and allow us to be vulnerable to further invasion, knowing that the enemy keeps notes? Is anything not sacred when it comes to our security? What Bush did protected us. No way should we be admonishing our CIA agents, what they do, and c'mon...you're afraid of a catapillar, and throw it in the cage, because this terrorist is scared of catapillars? We're to be judging that that tactic is "brutal"? What if your child was serving the war, and that person gave no second thoughts of planting bombs, doing suicide attacks, etc., and we're worried that we are tortuing these guys?

How seriously, is water-boarding, when they exposed our reporters before national tv and "blew their heads off" but we're suppose to set an "example". I say, put your daughters over there, in Iran once they become of age, ship them to Afighanistan, Mr. O'Bama, and then come back and talk to us. Tell us that war you were going to end...how is it we have now, a new one on our hands?

Would it be torture if one of the terrorist exposed your daughter in front of you on national tv, with a machine gun at her head, and threatened to kill her, only to actually have the CIA rescue her, but call it torture, if we throw a snake in his pen to scare the silly out of him, and call it "torture" to find out why and where the cells are, how they are operating, and want to know why your child of age could not go where she wants...as she does in the USA without fear of being blown apart? It just doesn't make sense to question our tactics and expose it to the world...and apologize, over and over....unless it hits home with you. Then do what you preach.

I bet Bush is scratching his head...as much as we hated what he did, Obama finally got real the secret exposure that can't be shared with us in the nation, or the world, for fear the enemy may find out, and that's exactly why his talk was just "talk" and he beefed up the military instead of decreasing it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but these campaign talks of a better world isn't possible when we can't even expect companies to keep their word. Namely, the CEOs of the very big institutions that can't live on a budget, but know how to supplement it and use excuses. I would like them to live one day in my shoes...then cry me a river.

Are things better, despite he is only 100 days plus one, in the Presidency? NO. It's just the same old ploy they used with past presidents, giving them the "100 day test". After that 100 day test, the President will drop off the radar like the past presidents.

A simple, logical answer to stimulating the country would have been to fork out the money to the very people that pays their salary...rather than to banks, auto, and the stock market. All are still "doomed". Had every adult American divided up that money among themselves, working or not, bills would get paid with plenty left over to shop for NEEDS and not wants, and once again, the USA would have flourished.

Instead, the big guys are going bankrupt, keeping their bonuses as "change," even though the common person/public/average JOE, with common sense knew nothing could save the big shots from bankruptcy, because in a logical sense, you gave the corporations, Wall-street, and etc., the money...but who was buying? Who could afford to buy from the auto industry when they are and were years behind in re-tooling. Any sensible person knew that logic. You failed again, many failed agencies. Had you given the money to me, I would have bought the car, I would have invested, I would have bought things I needed but put off...but this administration has it all backwards.

And, it's too late. We're back at square one, with empty promises. More people on food stamps, and more people dependent on the government for help. Instead of helping very employers (taxpayers), you gave it to the greedy that we now find it is just a circle.

And it doesn't take a politician to tell you that. Nope, just an ordinary person. The one that helps those CEOs and also the President of the USA be able to hold parties on Wednesday nights, at the taxpayers' expense.

You would think they would feel guilty enough to at least cut out the parties while many live under the crumbling bridges they failed to fix for many generations. But, that's being logical.

Maybe I should point your "eye" to an article in a suburban newspaper. In Roseland, IL where Obama first started his community service gave a "black-eye" message to him. They are feeling he neglected them now that he is a president, and demand a "bail-out".

Maybe I should point your "eye" out to the fact back when we were youngsters (if you happen to be around 45 to 55 and older), our parents paid cash for things. Credit cards, they didn't have, nor did they exist.

What has gone wrong with our country has no bearing on what Obama inherited, for he was elected to change all of that.

All I know is, I love my country, my religious freedom, the right to bear arms, and want to keep my money. He can keep the "change".

Last edited by UrRight on 4/30/2009, 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Proofreading - corrected crap.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office   Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office Empty4/30/2009, 4:41 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Hmmm,Looks like that legacy tour worked out about as well as his Presidency Laughing

Poll: Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office
The Huffington Post | Megan Slack | 04/29/09 12:37 PM

A new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll found that former President Bush's popularity has dropped since he left office.

When he left office in January, 31 percent of American's viewed him positively. That number has now dropped to 26 percent.

President Barack Obama, meanwhile, is more popular than the past two presidents at this point during their first terms.

According to the poll, 61 percent approve of Obama's job -- that's compared with George W. Bush's 56 percent and Bill Clinton's 52 percent at this same juncture in their presidencies.

Also, 64 percent view Obama favorably versus 23 percent who see him in a negative light -- once again, higher than Bush's and Clinton's scores on this question.

Additionally, 64 percent of Americans also "feel more hopeful about the direction of the country with Obama in office," and a full 59 percent feel he has accomplished a "great deal" or a "fair amount."

Read the full poll Here
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/29/poll-bush-getting-even-mo_n_192861.html?view=print
So what??? Who cares???
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office   Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office Empty4/30/2009, 5:18 pm

There are no Republicans or Democrats. Just a bunch of self-serving brats.

Stay independent. The politicans - lying does run in their family, Demo or Republo. No politician is honest.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office   Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office Empty4/30/2009, 5:44 pm

LoisLane wrote:

Nope,just looking forward to his next "legacy tour". Meanwhile,I hear Jeb Bush and Grampa McCain are going to team up to try and 'rebrand' the party. The brother of the worst President ever and a beaten former candidate. lol!
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office   Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office Empty4/30/2009, 7:45 pm

Which, in translation Artie, means,

"Nothing will change except the change in your pocket".

No change to put in the pockets. Can't you be your own, self-independent believer, and realize no one has that "magic wand?"

We are the only ones that can change things. The only way to effectively do that is to everday, write your congress-person, legislative body, the senate, etc. That's what I do, and believe it or not, instead of email responses, I actually get personalized letters thanking me for taking the time to "inform them" and they encourage me to continue to be involved and inform me of their progress concerning my questions.

Relying on a president and his constituents to lead the way without real input from the citizens does not solve anything. Praising the President, and not being informed on the local level, is a minus.

When people really start writing those that represent you in your state on the local, state and national level, that is when they really "hear" you. Otherwise, posting, praising, promoting your top guy is useless. Unless you become a vocal point in their careers, you have no role in obtaining what you what done. If you don't inform them, they have leaverage. Write, write and write. You would be surprised at the responses, personal letters I have received, signed, not duplicated by the congressional representative, the governor, etc.

This is what they want, but somehow, people just don't get it. Emailing is one thing...but take the time to write a personal letter by hand, and you wouldn't believe the impact.

Brag all you want..the skin color you wanted got in; I don't look at color. Most of you did when voting. I looked at who was best to lead the nation. I didn't get my way, but that doesn't mean it is bad whomever the majority voted for. My next task was to bring the focal points forward to whomever was elected. Unlike most people, I see Obama and am proud, though I did not vote for him, but the rest of the nation did.

Now it's my duty to inform him what irks me most. And he has to answer to me. That's the good part. He has to answer to those that represent me. That part probably saddens you. It seems the thing between you and some posters is, you keep indulging on the fact that he represents you because he is the first African-American to represent that part of the nation. That's kind of sad...because I voted in the past based on character and knowledge and the best out of the bunch.
The sad thing is, most voted on skin color this time. No to say he isn't qualified, but he was voted on those basis, and that's sad. I wanted to believe in him as he inspired my daughter and those of her age to vote for him on those basis.

They will catch up in time, knowing those are just words. Just as we learned throughout our growing years, learning exactly who to believe in.

I want to believe, but you know what...I don't base it on "what was". I base it on what "IS".

I will give it time, but so far, you can quit bringing up the past and focus on the future. What's important to you? Write him. Write your Congressional Representative...write the legislatures. Write everyone a note and don't quit writing. They make the decisions. Obama listens to them based on what we write from our states.

That's the bottom line. The bottom (us) message gets to the top (Obama) only when you lick the stamp. Forget emails.

As far as the Republican party - there is no longer a "Republican or Democratic Party". It's time to be your own person and test for the best after this. Obama sold his soul to the teleprompter and empty promises to the youngsters that really didn't do their homework and will be paying long after we're dead.

Who in the heck cares about yesterday - the old presidents, etc.? It's ridiculous how you rub it in on the who was more popular, crap like that. It's stupid. I just don't understand your attitude in bashing what was, and is no more.

Last edited by UrRight on 4/30/2009, 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to add a line.)
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office   Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office Empty5/1/2009, 3:30 am

LoisLane wrote:

It's no different than the shameless Ronald Reagan references from the right. Never mind that the 1980's have been over for how long now? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office   Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office Empty

Back to top Go down

Bush Getting Even More Unpopular Out Of Office
Page 1 of 1