Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help say goodbye to George Bush!

Go down 
+3
happy jack
Face
sparks
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 9:11 am

sparks wrote:
Here is the definition of respect.
esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability

That is the correct definition of respect as a noun. But in this instance respect is used as a verb. That definition is:
Quote :
To feel or show deferential regard for; esteem.
To avoid violation of or interference with: respect the speed limit.
To relate or refer to; concern.

As in show respect for the (office of) the president

Hell, love hate or whatever George Bush; the president deserves the respect due the office no matter who it is.
Any veteran can tell you that you don't salute the person, you salute the rank.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 9:19 am

Quote :
Hell, love hate or whatever George Bush; the president deserves the respect due the office no matter who it is.
Any veteran can tell you that you don't salute the person, you salute the rank.

Using that logic & reasoning would you salute Adolph Hitler?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 9:32 am

edge540 wrote:
Quote :
When it comes to affordable energy both the Dem Congress and Pres Bush deserve blame equally
Yeah well we can also blame the greedy SOB's on Wall Street.
Another great 60 minutes:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/08/60minutes/main4707770.shtml

Are you so sure they aren't just processing the orders for certain foreign countries with a vested interest in manipulating prices? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 9:47 am

edge540 wrote:
Using that logic & reasoning would you salute Adolph Hitler?

Quote :
To feel or show deferential regard for; esteem.

If I was a German soldier in WWII, yes.
Even the people that tried to assasinate him saluted him.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 11:45 am

Quote :
Really?
Even if you knew that Adolph was a psychopathic maniac responsible for genocide & the deaths of millions in Europe & Russia?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 11:48 am

edge540 wrote:
Quote :
Really?
Even if you knew that Adolph was a psychopathic maniac responsible for genocide & the deaths of millions in Europe & Russia?
edge, if you're reduced to equating Bush with Hitler, you've already lost the argument. I thought you had learned that by now.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 11:52 am

Quote :
edge, if you're reduced to equating Bush with Hitler

Yes, you're right.

George is responsible for the destruction of only ONE country, the deaths of only a hundred thousand or so "liberated Iraqis" & over 4,000 US troops.

Yes, that's not even close to Adolph.

I stand corrected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 12:03 pm

Dare I mention that there are more comparisons between Obama and Hitler already than 8 years of Bush have produced? But but from the looks of it I think the Admin is about to banish the word Hitler from our board vocabulary. Guess we'll just have to start calling him Hissler or something. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 12:13 pm

sparks wrote:
Here is Code Pink's platform.
Code Pink: Women for Peace is an anti-war group that started in the leadup to the Iraq War. They describe themselves as a "grassroots peace and social justice movement working to end the war in Iraq, stop new wars, and redirect our resources into healthcare, education and other life-affirming activities.
I am in support of these goals. As far as being in the parade, they are planning on wearing pink feather boas and dancing. I think I'll take a pass on that, but I bet there will be some great "after parties"!

I changed the font color so the platform could be read.
If that was there platform why this:
Quote :
President-elect Obama is catching heat from the left over his refusal to condemn the violence in Gaza. Mr. Obama said today he is being briefed on the situation, but that there is only one sitting president at a time.

Jodi Evans — co-founder of the liberal anti-war group Code Pink — told the OpEd News yesterday she is "disgusted that Obama didn't make a statement. He's had an opinion about everything else. This is an atrocity and if he doesn't call it an atrocity, it's shameful."

If they are such advocates for peace, why didn't they protest Hamas firing rockets to provoke Israel?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 12:15 pm

Mirage wrote:
Dare I mention that there are more comparisons between Obama and Hitler already than 8 years of Bush have produced?

Based on what? I haven't seen many at all, just a few wackos here and there, but not real consevatives.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 1:11 pm

Bill B wrote:
Mirage wrote:
Dare I mention that there are more comparisons between Obama and Hitler already than 8 years of Bush have produced?

Based on what? I haven't seen many at all, just a few wackos here and there, but not real consevatives.

Hmmm, are you saying the "journalists" on Fox "News" are wackos?

FOX's Tom Sullivan compares Obama to Hitler
http://crooksandliars.com/2008/02/15/foxs-tom-sullivan-compares-obama-to-hitler/
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 1:21 pm

Bill B wrote:
sparks wrote:
Code Pink: Women for Peace is an anti-war group that started in the leadup to the Iraq War. They describe themselves as a "grassroots peace and social justice movement working to end the war in Iraq, stop new wars, and redirect our resources into healthcare, education and other life-affirming activities.
I am in support of these goals. As far as being in the parade, they are planning on wearing pink feather boas and dancing. I think I'll take a pass on that, but I bet there will be some great "after parties"!

Quote :
President-elect Obama is catching heat from the left over his refusal to condemn the violence in Gaza. Mr. Obama said today he is being briefed on the situation, but that there is only one sitting president at a time.

Jodi Evans — co-founder of the liberal anti-war group Code Pink — told the OpEd News yesterday she is "disgusted that Obama didn't make a statement. He's had an opinion about everything else. This is an atrocity and if he doesn't call it an atrocity, it's shameful."

If they are such advocates for peace, why didn't they protest Hamas firing rockets to provoke Israel?
I have no idea. I have to enter Code Pink into a search engine so I would know who they are. I didn't say that I support this group,only that I agree with their stated goals. Many times there is a huge gap in between what groups say and what they do. The Republicans over the last 30 years are a perform example of that. The Republican party has gone from being fiscally conservative to running up the biggest deficits in the nation's history. The fallacy of "supply side" economics is coming home in the form of economic collapse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 1:47 pm

sparks wrote:
Bill B wrote:
sparks wrote:

Quote :

I have no idea. I have to enter Code Pink into a search engine so I would know who they are. I didn't say that I support this group,only that I agree with their stated goals. Many times there is a huge gap in between what groups say and what they do. The Republicans over the last 30 years are a perform example of that. The Republican party has gone from being fiscally conservative to running up the biggest deficits in the nation's history. The fallacy of "supply side" economics is coming home in the form of economic collapse.

Only because the Gov't is involved where they don't belong!

Which economic Paridigm would you espouse?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 1:49 pm

...and for the record I support peace but when the assholes of this world need their ass kicked I'm all for it!
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 1:49 pm

Mirage wrote:
Dare I mention that there are more comparisons between Obama and Hitler already than 8 years of Bush have produced? But but from the looks of it I think the Admin is about to banish the word Hitler from our board vocabulary. Guess we'll just have to start calling him Hissler or something. Razz
You are confusing me now. You and Tiger1 spent 6 pages laying out proof that Obama is the Antichrist. Now you are comparing him to Hitler on the basis that he is an inspiring speaker? Why don't you just say you don't agree with his platform and spare yourself further embarrassment?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 1:51 pm

bush = hitler cant number the times i heard that from the left
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 2:17 pm

sparks wrote:
Mirage wrote:
You are confusing me now. You and Tiger1 spent 6 pages laying out proof that Obama is the Antichrist. Now you are comparing him to Hitler on the basis that he is an inspiring speaker? Why don't you just say you don't agree with his platform and spare yourself further embarrassment?

ACTUALLY, if he indeed does turn out to be the Antichrist the Hitler references would be quite approbate. But comparisons really are there already.

For example using history (Lincoln, MLK) to legitimize his candidacy, which Hitler did by forming a national identity and using, of all things, Grimms Fairy tales towards furthering that end. So campaigns based upon national unity and things larger than themselves. Then there's that youth army proposal by Obama which rings eerily of the memory of the Hitler youth groups, not to mention the citizen soldier proposal.

Hitler was half Austrian, half Jewish if I recall right. Obama is half German, half Bedouin (or so the case is being made by some). In any event he is half Muslim and as such has the possibility of unifying Arab support. Now that is an interesting difference, given that Hitler persecuted the Jews, but still the similarity is noteworthy.

And no I cannot support his platform or his proposals thus far. But you're right that the Antichrist will seem like a miracle man for about 3 1/2 years according to popular beliefs. But then all hell breaks loose, so that temporary prosperity comes at a cost. So if he does turn out to be the Antichrist the "solutions" would all be smoke & mirrors anyway.

No, I will not be embarrassed for not supporting Obama. I fear it is you who will instead be embarrassed for being such an unabashed fanatic.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 2:21 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 2:24 pm

sparks wrote:
I didn't say that I support this group,only that I agree with their stated goals. Many times there is a huge gap in between what groups say and what they do. The Republicans over the last 30 years are a perform example of that

I would agree, except I would say since Reagen left office. Yes, he had big defecits, but he also had a mission that took precedence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 2:25 pm

tater wrote:
bush = hitler cant number the times i heard that from the left

I've said many times there are things about the Bush administration I very much disagreed with, ESPECIALLY when it comes to REAL ID to name one. But that clearly doesn't make him the Antichrist. So I think it's just a case of the lefties crying wolf, more or less.
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 2:39 pm

Mirage wrote:
No, I will not be embarrassed for not supporting Obama. I fear it is you who will instead be embarrassed for being such an unabashed fanatic.

What is your fear for those who supported him? I have a very strong feeling things really can't get much worse. If they do get worse, this would fall on the current administration. The fear I have is so many people want this man to fall on his face. What I find disturbing is those who didn't elect him seem to want this man to fail, and not give him the benefit of the doubt, until otherwise shown.

GWB slapped most of us in the face since he was less than candid to us. That is where I have a problem with him, however most of this thread about GWB I think shows a lack of class. I don't trust GWB, nor his administration, but I did and will continue to honor and respect the office he currently is in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 2:47 pm

Egg on their faces at everybody's expense. And oh yes things CAN get a LOT worse, and I think probably will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 2:56 pm

Face wrote:
Mirage wrote:

What is your fear for those who supported him? I have a very strong feeling things really can't get much worse. If they do get worse, this would fall on the current administration. The fear I have is so many people want this man to fall on his face. What I find disturbing is those who didn't elect him seem to want this man to fail, and not give him the benefit of the doubt, until otherwise shown.

GWB slapped most of us in the face since he was less than candid to us. That is where I have a problem with him, however most of this thread about GWB I think shows a lack of class. I don't trust GWB, nor his administration, but I did and will continue to honor and respect the office he currently is in.

what else wld you expect after the left for 8 years blamed him for everything from the holcost to their kid not graduating high school
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 2:58 pm

Seems only fair to do Obama the complement of being treated the same, huh? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 3:00 pm

not really but hatred on the left will manifest it self elsewhere can't wait to see where.

they are in a corner , can't blame congress nor the president
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help say goodbye to George Bush!   Help say goodbye to George Bush! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Help say goodbye to George Bush!
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next