Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty
PostSubject: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/27/2009, 1:36 pm

"I believe the nation that invented the automobile cannot walk away from it."- President Obama

Actually, history — and the U.S. Library of Congress — credits Germany.

"It's a fact that Daimler invented the car," says Han Tjan, U.S. spokesman for the German automaker. "If someone says the U.S. invented the car, either it's an incomplete statement or sloppy research."

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2009-02-25-obama-claim-daimler-differs_N.htm

http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/auto.html

OOPS!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/27/2009, 2:02 pm

No this country did not "invent" the automobile, but it is the home of the
father of modern assembly lines used in mass production.

That's a fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/27/2009, 2:25 pm

Absolutely. But the point is Barry thinks the automobile was invented here, and it wasn't. That's a fact, and a gaffe. Wink
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/27/2009, 2:34 pm

Well, a"gaffe" of that magnitude requires an immediate flogging & impeachment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/27/2009, 11:22 pm

Nah, just the same treatment that Bush was given... Wink
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 8:52 am

Ohhmama wrote:
"It's a fact that Daimler invented the car," says Han Tjan, U.S. spokesman for the German automaker. "If someone says the U.S. invented the car, either it's an incomplete statement or sloppy research."

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2009-02-25-obama-claim-daimler-differs_N.htm

OOPS!! Laughing

Well once again, Daimler steps on it. After buying Chrysler back in the late 90's for less than a billion dollars, and getting over $10 billion, they still have a problem with coming up with the truth. It has been the general consensus that Karl Benz invented the auto. Not Daimler, nor Maybach.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 9:22 am

Face wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

OOPS!! Laughing

Well once again, Daimler steps on it. After buying Chrysler back in the late 90's for less than a billion dollars, and getting over $10 billion, they still have a problem with coming up with the truth. It has been the general consensus that Karl Benz invented the auto. Not Daimler, nor Maybach.
Right you are. And named it after his daughter, Mercedes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 9:31 am

Yeah, there was two conflicting statements, why I posted both links. Either way it was Germany who invented the auto. Not the US like Barry thinks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 10:27 am

Yeah, he was wrong.

Obama -1

Bush-....ah, too many to count. Razz
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 11:19 am

Ohhmama wrote:
Yeah, there was two conflicting statements, why I posted both links. Either way it was Germany who invented the auto. Not the US like Barry thinks.

Although I agree, he was wrong...btw-who the hell is Barry, never heard that before.....anyway, if I were his press secty....and I am not, I could spin it as Henry is credited with the "production line" approach to the automobile, and is considered the Grandfather of the Auto Industry because of his marketing ability, his innovation in how to make an automobile, and therefor is the "Inventor of the modern day Automobile" Like I said I know it is a streach, but some would buy it.

And for you car buffs---- Diamler AG, doesn't even own the rights to the name of one of their founders, "Diamler", they had to buy the rights from Ford....funny don't ya think.

Last edited by Face on 2/28/2009, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error in post)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 11:43 am

Barry is the nickname Obama went by until going to college and went back to his formal name.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/128633
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 12:01 pm

party42 wrote:
Yeah, he was wrong.

Obama -1

Bush-....ah, too many to count. Razz

Yes, but Barry's been in office for what a month? Should make an interesting four years to come Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 12:05 pm

party42 wrote:
Barry is the nickname Obama went by until going to college and went back to his formal name.

Barry was also his "childhood" name where he was enrolled in an Indonesian Muslim school and went by Barry Soetoro. Shocked

Will the real slim shady please stand up?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 12:17 pm

I really doubt if Barry will ever be a feature on Dave's show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP4d4oFKv78
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 1:17 pm

That was a funny as heck clip...

No you're correct, I'm sure Barry won't be featured for fear there will be massive punishment for laughing at the messiah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 3:00 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
party42 wrote:

Barry was also his "childhood" name where he was enrolled in an Indonesian Muslim school and went by Barry Soetoro. Shocked

Will the real slim shady please stand up?

Yeah, you are right. We should blame him for the name his parents gave him and for the school his parents enrolled him in. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 3:06 pm

I'm not "blaming" him for anything. It's a fact that he went by two names, that's all.

I forgot, no dissing, or perceived dissing of the messiah... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 3:58 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
That was a funny as heck clip...

No you're correct, I'm sure Barry won't be featured for fear there will be massive punishment for laughing at the messiah.

That's nonsense.

Of course if you've ever seen the Daily Show you'd know that as Stewart makes fun of Barry all the time.

But hey, repeating silly wingnut talking points never gets old does it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 4:08 pm

No, I don't have time to fit the Daily Show into my schedule... sorry... I'm sure it's just funnier than thou...

and the talking points pro'ly get as old as was listening to ya'll repeatedly b* incessantly about Bush...

Rememba schooky, I don't make your rules, I just play by 'em Wink
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 7:23 pm

Face wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

Although I agree, he was wrong...btw-who the hell is Barry, never heard that before.....anyway, if I were his press secty....and I am not, I could spin it as Henry is credited with the "production line" approach to the automobile, and is considered the Grandfather of the Auto Industry because of his marketing ability, his innovation in how to make an automobile, and therefor is the "Inventor of the modern day Automobile" Like I said I know it is a streach, but some would buy it.

And for you car buffs---- Diamler AG, doesn't even own the rights to the name of one of their founders, "Diamler", they had to buy the rights from Ford....funny don't ya think.
Henry Ford invented CHARCOAL...period.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 9:09 pm

Obama Says The U.S. Senate Banking Committee Is "My Committee." Obama: "Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee, which is my committee, a bill…" (Obama Press Conference, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008)

Obama Is Not A Member Of The U.S. Senate Committee On Banking, Housing, And Urban Affairs. (U.S. Senate Committee On Banking, Housing, And Urban Affairs Website, banking.senate.gov, Accessed 7/23/08)

OOPS!!! LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 9:14 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 9:14 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty2/28/2009, 9:28 pm

Okay,- this one repeats the ones above, but it has to be the funniest of them all...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...   And they laughed at Bush's gaffes... Empty

Back to top Go down

And they laughed at Bush's gaffes...
Page 1 of 1