Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Republicans War on Women

Go down 
+7
edge540
KarenT
UrRight
sparks
WhitingLib
Heretic
Artie60438
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/27/2018, 12:11 pm

happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
I did answer.  You haven't explained why it matters.

And you're not an investigator, remember?  For all you know, one of those could have been dead on.

My.
You are certainly putting an unusual amount of energy into avoiding this question.
Would you mind suspending your pathetic attempt to continue trolling so that the adults here can discuss Dr Ford's testimony? Thanks cyclops

I found Dr Ford extremely credible. The format is a disaster for the GOP. How awkward is the 5 minutes for the prosecutor due to the cowardice of the GOP Senators,followed by intelligent caring questions and comments by Democratic Senators. Grassley being his usual cranky self? Not very unhelpful!
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/27/2018, 1:19 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
I did answer.  You haven't explained why it matters.

And you're not an investigator, remember?  For all you know, one of those could have been dead on.

My.
You are certainly putting an unusual amount of energy into avoiding this question.

Would you mind suspending your pathetic attempt to continue trolling so that the adults here can discuss Dr Ford's testimony? Thanks cyclops

Sure, no problemo.
Let me know when one of the adults makes a post.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/27/2018, 2:00 pm

happy jack wrote:
Perhaps you can tell me why it matters, in light of the fact that you axed me the same question.

It doesn't, which is why I immediately tossed back the question to you, hoping you'd just get to the point. But, alas, you didn't have one, and were just talking out of your ass as usual.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/28/2018, 7:18 am

When Senate Democrats are reduced to grilling a Supreme Court nominee about his high school flatulence, I think it's safe to say that they've hit the wall.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/28/2018, 8:47 am

American Bar Association urges Senate to wait for FBI investigation of Kavanaugh allegations

Quote :
The American Bar Association late Thursday urged the Senate to delay a confirmation vote on Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh until after the FBI has reviewed sexual assault claims against him.

In a letter to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and ranking member Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), ABA President Robert Carlson said senators should not “rush to a vote” and that allegations by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford should be thoroughly investigated.

“We make this request because of the ABA’s respect for the rule of law and due process under law,” Carlson wrote. “Each appointment to our nation’s Highest Court (as with all others) is simply too important to rush to a vote.”

He added, “Respectfully, the Senate should recognize that a thorough FBI investigation will demonstrate its commitment to a Supreme Court that is above reproach.”

FactCheck.org: Trump’s Spin on Kavanaugh and FBI

Quote :
Let’s first look at the president’s claim that there was nothing for the FBI to investigate.

The president said, “They didn’t know the location. They didn’t know the time. They didn’t know the year. They didn’t know anything.” That is not true in Ford’s case.

Of the three accusers, Ford has given the most detailed account of her allegations.

In a July 30 letter to the Sen. Dianne Feinstein of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Ford said the alleged attack occurred in a “suburban Maryland area home” in the “early 1980s” when both Kavanaugh and Ford were in high school. She told the Washington Post in a Sept. 16 article that it occurred in the summer of 1982 at a house in Montgomery County, not far from the Columbia Country Club in Chevy Chase.

In an update to the Senate judiciary investigation posted on Sept. 23, the committee states that it “learned the identities of the four other individuals Dr. Ford claimed were at the party when the incident took place.” The committee identified them as Kavanaugh, Mark Judge, Patrick J. Smyth and Leland Ingham Keyser.

All this is more than enough information for the FBI to reopen its background investigation of Kavanaugh — if directed to do so by the president.

That is exactly what happened in the fall of 1991, when Anita Hill accused then-Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment when the two worked together at the Education Department and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in the early 1980s.

Magazine of Jesuits urges withdrawal of Kavanaugh nomination

Quote :
The magazine of the Jesuit religious order in the United States has publicly withdrawn its endorsement of Judge Brett Kavanaugh as Supreme Court justice following testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee by the Jesuit-educated Kavanaugh and the woman accusing him of sexually assaulting her decades ago.

In an editorial posted late Thursday, America magazine said it had no special insight into whether Kavanaugh or Christine Blasey Ford is telling the truth. But it said that the nomination was no longer in the interests of the country and “should be withdrawn.”

“If Senate Republicans proceed with his nomination, they will be prioritizing policy aims over a woman’s report of an assault,” the editors wrote. “Were he to be confirmed without this allegation being firmly disproved, it would hang over his future decisions on the Supreme Court for decades and further divide the country.”
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/28/2018, 11:46 am

Trump Worshiping Misogynist wrote:
When Senate Democrats are reduced to grilling a Supreme Court nominee about his high school flatulence, I think it's safe to say that they've hit the wall.
Safe to say you didn't watch a minute of the hearing. Shocked What you're referring to is another lie Rapey K told claiming that "boofed" concerned farting.
The actual meaning...
boofed

extremely drunk, derived from the boof box of beer from milwaukee, which was a ton of beer at an insanely low price. usually coincides with stumbling and vomiting.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boofed
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/28/2018, 5:56 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Trump Worshiping Misogynist wrote:
Safe to say you didn't watch a minute of the hearing. Shocked  What you're referring to is another lie Rapey K told claiming that "boofed" concerned farting.
 The actual meaning...
boofed

extremely drunk, derived from the boof box of beer from milwaukee, which was a ton of beer at an insanely low price. usually coincides with stumbling and vomiting.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boofed

Leave it to Artchel to introduce anal sex into the conversation.

sigh

But I feel entirely safe trusting your wisdom, knowledge, expertise and, most of all, your experience concerning that particular practice.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/28/2018, 10:06 pm

Brett Kavanaugh Claimed He Could Legally Drink in Maryland in High School. He Could Not

Quote :
Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh has repeatedly said that he was legally allowed to consume beer as a prep school senior in Maryland. In fact, he was never legal in high school because the state’s drinking age increased to 21 at the end of his junior year, while he was still 17.

It's one thing to make that mistaken assumption when you're 17.  It's entirely different when you're about to be appointed to the Supreme Court.

No good judge worth the appointment would float such an obviously false statement.

And, of course, that's assuming that one didn't think that the irrational and unfounded claims of conspiracy, and (more importantly) the promise of retribution, weren't enough to disqualify this "impartial" judge from the highest court in the country.

Bottom line, he's staggeringly unfit for high office.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 4:20 am

Heretic wrote:
Brett Kavanaugh Claimed He Could Legally Drink in Maryland in High School. He Could Not

Quote :
Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh has repeatedly said that he was legally allowed to consume beer as a prep school senior in Maryland. In fact, he was never legal in high school because the state’s drinking age increased to 21 at the end of his junior year, while he was still 17.

It's one thing to make that mistaken assumption when you're 17.  It's entirely different when you're about to be appointed to the Supreme Court.

No good judge worth the appointment would float such an obviously false statement.

And, of course, that's assuming that one didn't think that the irrational and unfounded claims of conspiracy, and (more importantly) the promise of retribution, weren't enough to disqualify this "impartial" judge from the highest court in the country.

Bottom line, he's staggeringly unfit for high office.

You have been demanding an FBI investigation, and now it appears that there will be one.
Are you going to accept the results of the investigation, whatever they may turn out to be?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 4:56 am

happy jack wrote:

Are you going to accept the results of the investigation, whatever they may turn out to be?

Yes, for the rape allegations.

He's still a terrible pick for SCOTUS.  No FBI investigation will change that.  That's what's unfortunately getting lost in all of this.  The GOP didn't care about his ability, which removed any honest discussion of it, leaving these allegations as the only way to block his nomination, hence their hyperfocus on the matter.

It is wildly entertaining watching these asshole pretend they're so obsessed with procedure and decorum after what they did to Garland. It certainly doesn't play well to any remaining independants.

So based on the related evidence we have (that the GOP would release), what's your opinion on his legal ability?  Does the above (and/or anything else you can cite) sound like an impartial and evidence based legal mind worthy of SCOTUS?

Last edited by Heretic on 9/29/2018, 5:50 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 5:15 am

Christine Blasey Ford testimony was bloodbath for Brett Kavanaugh, Trump and Republicans

Quote :
In my 30 years as a prosecutor and lawyer, I have never seen a more credible witness than professor Ford. It’s not simply that the key details of her account hung together and that she provided the types of rich particulars that truthful witnesses provide, such as the second front door she insisted on in her home out of residual fear from the attack. Or that her account was supported by pre-nominaton statements from third parties (such as her therapist) and her own polygraph. Or that it comports with the key documentary evidence we do have.

It was, in a word, Ford’s demeanor.

That's been the assessment across the legal blogs I follow, and exactly what one would expect given the science of trauma and memory.  Kavanaugh was angry, emotional, and quick to play the victim, like any abuser challenged in such cases.  Instead of shock, it's almost always an overplayed, belligerent "how dare you question me." His behavior certainly didn't help him, nor did the irrational claims of conspiracy, though I'm sure it played well for conservatives and red pills so obsessed with masculinity and so frightened by the #metoo movement holding them accountable for their behavior.

I don't doubt Ford was a victim, but eye witness testimony is the most unreliable. If this is a case of mistaken identity, however unlikely, the investigation will hopefully solve that.

Kavanaugh remains a terrible pick for SCOTUS, however.  His only benchmark for the GOP was abortion and eventually giving the President a pass when the fallout from the Mueller investigation hits.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 5:55 am

happy jack wrote:
You have been demanding an FBI investigation, and now it appears that there will be one.

You're right, but it's not happening because Republicans care about the truth of the matter, however.  

I would think anyone would demand an investigation if they were giving serious consideration to allegations of political conspiracy and false reporting, but strangely the GOP didn't until Kavanaugh fumbled his way through his testimony and Graham got an old fashioned case of the vapersl The resulting optics looked absolutely terrible for the GOP, so at that point, the only way to save face was an investigation.

Do you think such allegations (either Ford's rape or Kavanaugh/Graham's conspiracy) warrant an investigation?  Yes/no?  And why/why not?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 6:37 am

Heretic wrote:
 So based on the related evidence we have (that the GOP would release), what's your opinion on his legal ability?  

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/aba_committee_gives_kavanaugh_a_well-qualified_rating_hearings_begin_today

The confirmation hearing for U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh begins Tuesday, with an introduction by a liberal litigator and later testimony by the ABA committee that rates judicial nominees.
The ABA Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary on Friday gave its highest rating of well-qualified to Kavanaugh, a 53-year-old judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. Kavanaugh was nominated July 9 to replace Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, who announced his retirement June 27. Kavanaugh is a former Kennedy clerk.
The ABA standing committee evaluates nominees based on professional competence, integrity and judicial temperament. Two representatives from the ABA committee are scheduled to appear before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Friday. They are standing committee chair Paul Moxley of Salt Lake City and former committee member John Tarpley of Nashville, Tennessee, who led the review.
Among those scheduled to introduce Kavanaugh on Tuesday is Arnold & Porter partner Lisa Blatt, a Supreme Court litigator who describes herself as a liberal Democrat and feminist, the National Law Journal reports. She had supported Kavanaugh in an Aug. 2 Politico op-ed that called Kavanaugh a supremely qualified “superstar” who deserves to be confirmed.
Also supporting Kavanaugh is Yale law professor Akhil Reed Amar, a Hillary Clinton supporter who said in a New York Times op-ed that Kavanaugh is a superb, widely respected nominee whose ideas have influenced the U.S. Supreme Court. Amar is on the witness list for the Republican majority, the National Law Journal reports.
Others testifying in support of Kavanaugh include former law clerks, a former student of Kavanaugh’s at Harvard Law School, and several BigLaw lawyers, including former U.S. solicitors general Ted Olson of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and Paul Clement of Kirkland & Ellis.

I am not an attorney, nor do I claim any expertise in evaluating anyone's competence to hold this position, so I will defer to the ABA on this matter.
You know - just like you did:

Heretic wrote:
American Bar Association urges Senate to wait for FBI investigation of Kavanaugh allegations

Quote :
The American Bar Association late Thursday urged the Senate to delay a confirmation vote on Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh until after the FBI has reviewed sexual assault claims against him.

In a letter to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and ranking member Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), ABA President Robert Carlson said senators should not “rush to a vote” and that allegations by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford should be thoroughly investigated.

“We make this request because of the ABA’s respect for the rule of law and due process under law,” Carlson wrote. “Each appointment to our nation’s Highest Court (as with all others) is simply too important to rush to a vote.”

He added, “Respectfully, the Senate should recognize that a thorough FBI investigation will demonstrate its commitment to a Supreme Court that is above reproach.”

So, you either acknowledge and accept the opinion of the ABA and its "respect for the rule of law and due process under law", or you don't.
Let me know when you make up your mind.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 7:37 am

Heretic wrote:
Do you think such allegations (either Ford's rape or Kavanaugh/Graham's conspiracy) warrant an investigation?  Yes/no?  And why/why not?

The below is from my very first post on this topic:

happy jack wrote:
As of this writing, the last I heard is that she has been asked to testify, but is apparently reluctant to do so. We'll just have to wait. It's certainly a serious enough charge to warrant an investigation, but without her testimony, what will there be to investigate?

As to why I think an investigation is warranted? To settle this once and for all.
If you want to investigate, as you call it, "Kavanagh/Graham's conspiracy", then, by all means, have at it.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 7:55 am

happy jack wrote:
So, you either acknowledge and accept the opinion of the ABA and its "respect for the rule of law and due process under law", or you don't.

Like you did with Garland?   Laughing

My reasons for citing the ABA were obvious, which were an obvious refutation to your claims that an FBI investigation was without merit or formulation.  You were wrong.  Empirically so.

That said, the ABA is certainly not our only benchmark for approving SCOTUS nominees, and your attempt to frame it as such is completely false. But if you're insisting it is, Kavanaugh's still out.

Try harder next time.  This is getting boring.

Last edited by Heretic on 9/29/2018, 8:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 8:05 am

Trump Worshiping Dummy Too Lazy To Study An Issue wrote:
Heretic wrote:
 So based on the related evidence we have (that the GOP would release), what's your opinion on his legal ability?  

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/aba_committee_gives_kavanaugh_a_well-qualified_rating_hearings_begin_today

I am not an attorney, nor do I claim any expertise in evaluating anyone's competence to hold this position, so I will defer to the ABA on this matter.
You know - just like you did:

Heretic wrote:

Quote :

Let me know when you make up your mind.
That ABA journal you cited was published on Sept 4th. The situation has changed not only because of the sexual attack allegations but because of the dreadful temperment Rapey K exhibited on Thursday during his testimony. Had you actually watched the hearing and checked the date of the ABA jjournal you could have avoided making this idiotic argument. HTH cyclops

Btw,Making any progress on learning how to use google to avoid asking unnecessary questions?

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 8:37 am

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Like you did with Garland?   Laughing

I actually wasn't on the Senate Judiciary Committee at that time, so I had nothing to do with Garland.

Heretic wrote:
That said, the ABA is certainly not our only benchmark for approving SCOTUS nominees, and your attempt to frame it as such is completely false. But if your insisting it is, Kavanaugh's still out.

So, was the ABA wrong then, or is it wrong now?
Have you made up your mind yet?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 8:41 am

happy jack wrote:
So, was the ABA wrong then, or is it wrong now?

You tell me.  I didn't cite it as a benchmark for SCOTUS nominees, but only to refute your grade school analysis on the rape allegations.  You cited it as some SCOTUS authority, so justifying it falls on you.

Did you believe the ABA was wrong then, or is it wrong now?

We'll wait.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 8:43 am

Boof60438 wrote:

That ABA journal you cited was published on Sept 4th. The situation has changed not only because of the sexual attack allegations but because of the dreadful temperment Rapey K exhibited on Thursday during his testimony.

The key word here is 'allegations'. Do you need that word defined for you?
His qualifications have not changed one bit.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 8:47 am

Heretic wrote:
 You cited it as some SCOTUS authority, so justifying it falls on you.

I did no such thing. I cited it as my reference point.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 8:51 am

happy jack wrote:

Exactly.  Qualifications are accomplishments.  Are you seriously proposing that being a felon shouldn't have any bearing on hiring because it literally doesn't count as a qualification?

This whole conversation would be easier and more productive (and less embarrassing) if you just stopped regurgitating conservative talking points.

Last edited by Heretic on 9/29/2018, 9:04 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 8:54 am

happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
 You cited it as some SCOTUS authority, so justifying it falls on you.

I did no such thing. I cited it as my reference point.

As a reference point on their SCOTUS authority.  Cheesus Crust, put a little bit of effort in this.  I know you're incapable, but I'm starting to get embarrassed for you.

Last edited by Heretic on 9/29/2018, 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 9:15 am

Heretic wrote:

happy jack wrote:

Exactly.  Qualifications are accomplishments.  Are you seriously proposing that being a felon shouldn't have any bearing on hiring because it literally doesn't count as a qualification?

Sorry, this is the first I've heard that he's a felon.
Could you provide a source for that, please?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 9:25 am

happy jack wrote:
Sorry, this is the first I've heard that he's a felon.
Could you provide a source for that, please?

Didn't say he was a felon.  Read again what I said, or have an 8 yr old read it out loud for you:

I wrote:
Are you seriously proposing that being a felon shouldn't have any bearing on hiring because it literally doesn't count as a qualification?

As you said, felonious behavior doesn't change qualifications one bit.

Or do you need the word defined for you?

Last edited by Heretic on 9/29/2018, 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty9/29/2018, 9:27 am

Heretic wrote:
  I didn't cite it as a benchmark for SCOTUS nominees ....

Actually, you kinda did, if, by citing the link below, what you are saying is that their word should be respected in order to keep him off the court.
Really, you gotta start learning to make up your mind.
Indecision leads to indigestion.

Heretic wrote:

That said, the ABA is certainly not our only benchmark for approving SCOTUS nominees, and your attempt to frame it as such is completely false. But if you're insisting it is, Kavanaugh's still out.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Republicans War on Women
Page 21 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next