Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Republicans War on Women

Go down 
+7
edge540
KarenT
UrRight
sparks
WhitingLib
Heretic
Artie60438
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
KarenT

Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/16/2012, 6:46 pm

Jac, she was thinking about her children - the four she already had. It was her choice, she doesn't regret it, it's none of your business.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/16/2012, 7:23 pm

KarenT wrote:
Jac, she was thinking about her children - the four she already had. It was her choice, she doesn't regret it, it's none of your business.
It kind of became everybody’s business once these women published their sickening rationalizations in the New York Times.
Don't you think?
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/16/2012, 7:30 pm

I wouldn't have told those stories, but some people share way more personal info that I'm comfortable with. I don't think I would have done the selective reduction, but I've lived enough to never say never.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/16/2012, 8:27 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
You're despicable!

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/16/2012, 8:27 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
You're nothing more than a pathetic garden variety misogynist still living in the 19th century

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/16/2012, 9:55 pm

happy jack wrote:
KarenT wrote:
[b]It kind of became everybody’s business once these women published their sickening rationalizations in the New York Times.
Don't you think?
Ahh Ha! A strong articulate woman speaking out from experience,purposefully telling her side of the story,and having it printed in the NY Times no less. That's what really got you all bent out of shape. I guess in the twisted,warped world of a misogynist like yourself that was the last straw.

Quote :
But I’m not grieving over the absence; I don’t have and never have had a single qualm about not bringing that child into the world. I know many women who have grieved greatly over the children they decided not to have, and I am thankful to have been spared that agonizing sadness of guilt and regret. I also know many women who, like me, have felt only gratitude and relief at having been able to take control over their lives safely and legally.

I’m 72 now. I have five grandsons and three granddaughters, and I passionately want each one of them to be responsible and have the same legal right to choose that I had.

The fact that she's not wallowing in guilt and hiding her feelings as if she's a criminal must be killing you. The thought of you fuming over this is absolutely hilarious. Thanks for providing me with the best laugh I've had all day. Laughing
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/17/2012, 9:24 am

George Carlin on conservatives:
They're obsessed with fetuses from conception to nine months, but after that they have no interest in you. None. No day care, no Head Start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothin'. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked.
Once you leave the womb, conservatives don't care about you until you reach military age. Then you're just what they're looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/17/2012, 9:27 am

Artie60438 wrote:
A strong articulate woman speaking out from experience ….

Yes, the experience of killing her own babies because she didn’t want “to have to move to Staten Island. I'll never leave my house because I'll have to care for these children. I'll have to start shopping only at Costco and buying big jars of mayonnaise.

Artie60438 wrote:
The fact that she's not wallowing in guilt and hiding her feelings as if she's a criminal must be killing you.

Nothing is killing me. It is she who was busy deciding which of her babies she wished to kill. Pay attention.
It was kind of like Sophie’s Choice, but without all the bravery, and with potassium chloride being pumped into the hearts of her babies, and with the consequences of her choice being whether or not this poor put-upon woman would have to suffer through the agony of living in Staten Island surrounded by big jars of mayonnaise.
Y'know, now that I think about it, maybe it's not so much like Sophie's Choice.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/17/2012, 10:15 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
A strong articulate woman speaking out from experience ,purposefully telling her side of the story,and having it printed in the NY Times no less. That's what really got you all bent out of shape. I guess in the twisted,warped world of a misogynist like yourself that was the last straw.

Quote :
[b]Yes, the experience of killing her own babies because she didn’t want “to have to move to Staten Island.
She didn't "kill" anyone. She had a 100% legal medical procedure.

Artie60438 wrote:
The fact that she's not wallowing in guilt and hiding her feelings as if she's a criminal must be killing you.

[b]Nothing is killing [i]me
. It is she who was busy deciding which of her babies she wished to kill. Pay attention.
No,you pay attention. She killed no one,so spare us the phony drama. She chose to have a legal medical procedure based on what was best for her family. Get over it and join us in the 21 century where women get to make their own choices in life.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/17/2012, 10:29 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
A strong articulate woman speaking out from experience ,purposefully telling her side of the story,and having it printed in the NY Times no less. That's what really got you all bent out of shape. I guess in the twisted,warped world of a misogynist like yourself that was the last straw.

Quote :
[b]Yes, the experience of killing her own babies because she didn’t want “to have to move to Staten Island.
She didn't "kill" anyone. She had a 100% legal medical procedure.

Artie60438 wrote:

[b]Nothing is killing [i]me
. It is she who was busy deciding which of her babies she wished to kill. Pay attention.
No,you pay attention. She killed no one,so spare us the phony drama. She chose to have a legal medical procedure based on what was best for her family. Get over it and join us in the 21 century where women get to make their own choices in life.

The procedure involves a shot of potassium chloride to the heart of the fetus.

Paging Doctor Artie- paging Doctor Artie – please demonstrate your medical expertise for all of us and explain:
What do you think is the purpose of a shot of potassium chloride to the heart of a baby, if not to kill said baby?
Yes, you're right - she didn't kill anyone. She simply gave the orders to have the baby killed.

Artie60438 wrote:
Get over it and join us in the 21 century where women get to make their own choices in life.

In which century will the babies get to make their own choices in life?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/17/2012, 10:45 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[/quote]
A fetus isn't a baby,is it? It can't survive at 2 and a half months outside the womb.

I'm now hitting the Sleep button as once again you're taking this thread completely off topic. sigh
As I've suggested countless times previously,start a separate topic about abortion instead of disrupting other threads. Bye,bye Sleep
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/17/2012, 11:15 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

A fetus isn't a baby,is it? It can't survive at 2 and a half months outside the womb.

I'm now hitting the Sleep button as once again you're taking this thread completely off topic. sigh
As I've suggested countless times previously,start a separate topic about abortion instead of disrupting other threads. Bye,bye Sleep [/quote]

So what's your point?
A 2-1/2 month-old baby delivered after full term can't survive unaided, either. Is it OK to pump potassium chloride into his heart, too, if he happens to inconvenience us by causing us to shop at Costco?
By the way, buying that Boredom/Tail-Between-Your-Legs Card seems to have been a really wise investment. You've certainly been getting your money's worth out of it of late.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/17/2012, 11:43 am

Oh really?
Quote :
Ann Romney: ‘We Need To Respect Choices That Women Make’

By Annie-Rose Strasser on Apr 12, 2012

Ann Romney went on television this morning to champion a woman’s right to choose.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/04/12/463365/ann-romney-choice/

You betcha, Ann.
It's important to respect women's choices as long as their choices are what Republicans want.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/17/2012, 12:15 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
As I've suggested countless times previously,start a separate topic about abortion instead of disrupting other threads. Bye,bye Sleep
You introduced the topic of abortion to this thread - don't yap at me about disrupting threads.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/17/2012, 3:25 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
[b]You introduced the topic of abortion to this thread - don't yap at me about disrupting threads.
There is now a thread soley dedicated to the discussion of abortion,HERE. Please use it and refrain from disrupting other threads. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/17/2012, 3:30 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
[b]You introduced the topic of abortion to this thread - don't yap at me about disrupting threads.
There is now have a thread soley dedicated to the discussion of abortion,HERE. Please use it and refrain from disrupting other threads. Thanks.
No, thanks. I'll keep discussing it on this thread, since this thread was already disrupted by you, long ago, when you introduced the topic of abortion early on.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/17/2012, 5:21 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

There is now have a thread soley dedicated to the discussion of abortion,HERE. Please use it and refrain from disrupting other threads. Thanks.
No, thanks. I'll keep discussing it on this thread, since this thread was already disrupted by you, long ago, when you introduced the topic of abortion early on.
I suggest that if the resident board troll continues we just ignore him. I know I will.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/17/2012, 9:42 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

I suggest that if the resident board troll continues we just ignore him. I know I will.
Look, Artie - if you have such a huge problem with threads being disrupted, I have a simple solution: stop disrupting them, as you did this thread, when you inexplicably introduced the topic of abortion.
'kay?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/20/2012, 10:28 pm

You are the one who brought up abortion, Artie. Not only that, but then you proceeded to discuss it again, when Jack reintroduced it.

IMHO, it's a bit late to accuse Jack of taking the thread off-topic at this point.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/21/2012, 9:00 am

Scorpion wrote:
You are the one who brought up abortion, Artie. Not only that, but then you proceeded to discuss it again, when Jack reintroduced it.
Can you show me where? Thanks
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/21/2012, 9:53 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

2-27-2012 3:02 pm and 4-9-2012 6:21 pm kinda jump right out at you.
And just for yuks, check out 2-28-2012 11:43 am and the subsequent exchange.
You're welcome.
(Gracias, Scorpion.)
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/21/2012, 10:14 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Yeah. Well IMHO, once you posted this...

Artie60438 wrote:
Scott Walker's War on Women escalates
Quote :
Last Thursday, Scott Walker quietly repealed Wisconsin's equal pay law, sneaking in the bill signing just before his deadline for action, and without fanfare. His office sent a press release out on Friday listing the 50 bills he'd signed the day before, hoping perhaps to hide this little bomb.

But that's not the only stealth attack on women Walker enacted on Thurday. He signed three other bills, rolling back women's rights:

Quote :
The first bill bans abortion coverage through policies obtained through a health insurance exchange, set to be created under the federal health care reform law starting in 2014. The only exceptions would be in cases of rape, incest or medical necessity. [...]

The second bill requires a woman seeking an abortion to undergo an exam and consult with a doctor alone, away from her friends and family. The doctor must determine whether someone is pressuring the woman into the procedure. Doctors who break the law could be charged with a felony. [...]

The sex education bill requires teachers in schools that offer sex education to stress abstinence as the only sure way to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases.

The bill also declares that sex education teachers do not have to address contraception. That's a dramatic shift from current state law, which requires teachers to instruct students on birth control options.

... you opened the door to a discussion about abortion, because this post specifically characterized Walker's bills limiting abortion rights as part of the "War on Women."
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/22/2012, 10:47 am

Scorpion wrote:

Yeah. Well IMHO, once you posted this...

Artie60438 wrote:
Scott Walker's War on Women escalates
Quote :
Last Thursday, Scott Walker quietly repealed Wisconsin's equal pay law, sneaking in the bill signing just before his deadline for action, and without fanfare. His office sent a press release out on Friday listing the 50 bills he'd signed the day before, hoping perhaps to hide this little bomb.

But that's not the only stealth attack on women Walker enacted on Thurday. He signed three other bills, rolling back women's rights:

Quote :
The first bill bans abortion coverage through policies obtained through a health insurance exchange, set to be created under the federal health care reform law starting in 2014. The only exceptions would be in cases of rape, incest or medical necessity. [...]

The second bill requires a woman seeking an abortion to undergo an exam and consult with a doctor alone, away from her friends and family. The doctor must determine whether someone is pressuring the woman into the procedure. Doctors who break the law could be charged with a felony. [...]

The sex education bill requires teachers in schools that offer sex education to stress abstinence as the only sure way to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases.

The bill also declares that sex education teachers do not have to address contraception. That's a dramatic shift from current state law, which requires teachers to instruct students on birth control options.

... you opened the door to a discussion about abortion, because this post specifically characterized Walker's bills limiting abortion rights as part of the "War on Women."
Technically I guess you're right since there is a mention of it in the article. Embarassed

What I objected to is Jack's posting that op-ed of a woman who did not regret her choice and his obnoxious comment that followed
Quote :
Shop-Vac the little bastard right out of me.
I've got other things to do.
that had nothing whatsoever to do with the topic of this thread,nor did the part of the piece he quoted.

Did i over react? I don't know. What I do know is that he has attempted to inject pure abortion issues into other threads on different occasions. I know that several times I suggested that if he was so passionate about the issue he should start a dedicated thread about it,yet each time he ignored the advice.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/22/2012, 1:22 pm

[quote="Artie60438"]
What I objected to is Jack's posting that op-ed of a woman who did not regret her choice and his obnoxious comment that followed
Quote :

If you don't like what she said and did, take it up with her. I was only the messenger.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty4/22/2012, 2:13 pm

[quote="happy jack"]
Artie60438 wrote:

Quote :

[b]If you don't like what she said and did, take it up with her. I was only the messenger.
I loved what she said and I hope more women come forward to tell their stories. Unfortunately it had nothing to do with this thread. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Republicans War on Women
Page 12 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next