Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Republicans War on Women

Go down 
+7
edge540
KarenT
UrRight
sparks
WhitingLib
Heretic
Artie60438
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Heretic

Heretic

Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 9:31 am

But I did so only after you gave weight to their opinion on SCOTUS.  So either they have it or they don't.  Your choice.   The ABA supported Garland, but I don't remember your outrage over the GOP's successful attempts to block it. I certainly don't remember any explanations as to why he shouldn't be on the court. I have already cited why I believe Kavanaugh's unfit for high office. I can continue to make my case without them.

I'd love to hear your opinion on my previously cited evidence, assuming you're capable.

Last edited by Heretic on 9/29/2018, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 9:35 am

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Sorry, this is the first I've heard that he's a felon.
Could you provide a source for that, please?

Didn't say he was a felon.  Read again what I said, or have an 8 yr old read it out loud for you:

I wrote:
Are you seriously proposing that being a felon shouldn't have any bearing on hiring because it literally doesn't count as a qualification?

Of course being a felon should have a bearing on hiring, but he's not a felon (unless, of course, you can provide that source I requested of you earlier).
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 9:46 am

happy jack wrote:
Of course being a felon should have a bearing on hiring, but he's not a felon

Again, I already wrote:
Didn't say he was a felon.  Read again what I said, or have an 8 yr old read it out loud for you:

This is getting silly.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 9:51 am

But speaking of epic dodges:

I wrote:
Do you think such allegations (either Ford's rape or Kavanaugh/Graham's conspiracy) warrant an investigation?  Yes/no?  And why/why not?

I wrote:
Did you believe the ABA was wrong then, or is it wrong now?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 10:36 am

Heretic wrote:
But speaking of epic dodges:
Do you think such allegations (either Ford's rape or Kavanaugh/Graham's conspiracy) warrant an investigation?  Yes/no?  And why/why not?

That was answered many posts back.

Heretic wrote:

The below is from my very first post on this topic:

happy jack wrote:
As of this writing, the last I heard is that she has been asked to testify, but is apparently reluctant to do so. We'll just have to wait. It's certainly a serious enough charge to warrant an investigation, but without her testimony, what will there be to investigate?

As to why I think an investigation is warranted? To settle this once and for all.
If you want to investigate, as you call it, "Kavanagh/Graham's conspiracy", then, by all means, have at it.

I wrote:
Did you believe the ABA was wrong then, or is it wrong now?

I think that this is best answered by using some words that I know for a fact are completely alien to you, but words that you might want to consider using at some point in the future:

'I don't know.'

Three simple, yet very liberating, words.
Words that, after uttering them, allow you to step back and say to yourself, "Hey, maybe I'm not such a know-it-all douchebag after all!"
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 10:38 am

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Of course being a felon should have a bearing on hiring, but he's not a felon

Again, I already wrote:

This is getting silly.

It certainly is.
If you ever figure out what you're trying to say, then maybe you will finally say it, and we can resume this part of the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 10:43 am

TRump Worshiping Coward wrote:
Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
So, you either acknowledge and accept the opinion of the ABA and its "respect for the rule of law and due process under law", or you don't.

Like you did with Garland?   Laughing

I actually wasn't on the Senate Judiciary Committee at that time, so I had nothing to do with Garland.
Had the situation been the opposite and had a Democratic congress prevented a republican President from filling a SCOTUS seat you would have been screaming bloody murder.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 10:56 am

Trump Worshiping Dummy Loses Another One wrote:
Artie Scores Again wrote:

That ABA journal you cited was published on Sept 4th. The situation has changed not only because of the sexual attack allegations but because of the dreadful temperment Rapey K exhibited on Thursday during his testimony.

The key word here is 'allegations'. Do you need that word defined for you?
His qualifications have not changed one bit.
Yeah,they kinda have. That horrific display of Rapey K's bad temperment is a fact...not an allegation. Screaming,crying,snotty replies to legitimate questions,throwing legitimate questions back at Senators,were all on display.

Oh,and let's not forget his ranting about this being some sort of left-wing conspiracy orchestrated by the Clintons as payback for him working for Ken Starr. affraid

Maybe you should actually watch his actual testimony before making an even bigger fool yourself. You can find easily by using that thing known as 'google'. Have you had any success yet figuring out how to use it?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 11:10 am

Hopefully, the FBI will cross reference Kavanaugh's calendar with Ford's testimony, because this is damning evidence...

Whether or not Graham's outburst was designed to distract is largely irrelevant, but there is no denying that Kavanaugh's calendar entry, along with Ford's testimony, raises serious questions.  What's the most likely explanation how Ford was able to name people (including people who she didn't know) that attended the gathering indicated on Kavanaugh's calendar?

Let's discuss...
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 11:11 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
So, you either acknowledge and accept the opinion of the ABA and its "respect for the rule of law and due process under law", or you don't.

I actually wasn't on the Senate Judiciary Committee at that time, so I had nothing to do with Garland.
Had the situation been the opposite and had a Democratic congress prevented a republican President from filling a SCOTUS seat you would have been screaming bloody murder.

We'll never know that with any certainty, though, will we, Boof?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 11:39 am

Trump Worshiping Coward wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

We'll never know that with any certainty, though, will we, Boof?
We could if you could show a little honesty for a change. Suppose the exact same thing that happened to Garland,happened to a republican pick. What would have been your reaction?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 11:51 am

Scorpion wrote:
Hopefully, the FBI will cross reference Kavanaugh's calendar with Ford's testimony....

Hopefully, they will.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 12:09 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Hopefully, the FBI will cross reference Kavanaugh's calendar with Ford's testimony, because this is damning evidence...

Whether or not Graham's outburst was designed to distract is largely irrelevant, but there is no denying that Kavanaugh's calendar entry, along with Ford's testimony, raises serious questions.  What's the most likely explanation how Ford was able to name people (including people who she didn't know) that attended the gathering indicated on Kavanaugh's calendar?

Let's discuss...
First,Graham's tantrum probably was a deliberate distraction but it also was part of his auditioning to become Attorney General.

There is no explanation as why she would remember unless something significant happened. We do know that Rapey K lied about the definitions of "bouffing" and 'Devils's triangle",the latter's definition being edited on wikipedia by an ip address traced to the House of Representatives while the hearing was going on!

It's also possible that Rapey K legitimately doesn't remember. There are entries in the calendar and other places that strongly suggest he was having black outs while drinking. The fact that his buddy Marc Judge being a stone cold alcoholic helps to support that theory. Add in the fact that they're young,they're just starting to experiment with alcohol and totally unaware of what their limits should be,and you've got the recipe for a disaster.

IMO,he has no business on the SC. He has lied about too many things. Accused by several different women with Dr Ford being judged extremely credible by all sides...even Trump Shocked
Add in the lack of temperment shown on Thursday and you have a perfect storm of why he should not be confirmed. Regardless of the outcome of the FBI investigation,unless they can definitively prove that Dr Ford was lying,these allegations will follow him for the rest of his life and who knows if more may be coming?

I was against his nom from the start as I was Gorsuch but there were none of these types of allegations made towards Gorsuch despite the fact that I believe they went to some of the same schools I believe.

Thanks for posting that. It's a shame the "Young Turks" are no longer on cable news.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 12:29 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

Thanks for posting that. It's a shame the "Young Turks" are no longer on cable news.

Yeah. Well the main show airs live on You Tube every day, Mon-Fri from 5-7.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 4:27 pm

FBI reaches out to second woman who has accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct
Quote :
The FBI has begun contacting people as part of an additional background investigation of Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, including a second woman who alleges that the Supreme Court nominee sexually assaulted her, according to people familiar with the unfolding investigation.

The bureau has reached out to Deborah Ramirez, a Yale University classmate of Kavanaugh’s who alleges that he shoved his genitals in her face at a party where she had been drinking and become disoriented, her attorney said Saturday.

“She has agreed to cooperate with their investigation,” Ramirez attorney John Clune said in a statement. “Out of respect for the integrity of the process, we will have no further comment at this time."

In addition to Ford and Ramirez, another woman, Julie Swetnik, who said she knew Kavanaugh in high school, alleged in a sworn statement this week that Kavanaugh and Judge got teenage girls drunk at parties, where the girls were sexually assaulted, sometimes by groups of boys.

Swetnik claimed that she was raped by such a group at a party where Kavanaugh and Judge were present. She has not accused Kavanaugh of raping her. Swetnik described Kavanaugh as a “mean drunk” in high school who was physically and verbally aggressive with girls.

Swetnik’s attorney, Michael Avenatti, said that she had not yet been contacted by the FBI but that he hopes to hear from investigators.

“I don’t know how this investigation could be called complete if they don’t contact her,” Avenatti said.
Glad to see they're contacting others besides Dr Ford
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 5:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 5:50 pm

Scorpion wrote:
But not Swetnik...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/white-house-bars-fbi-from-investigating-third-kavanaugh-accuser-2018-09-29?mod=bnbh
Yet!

Don't underestimate Avenatti. I don't think he would have gotten directly involved unless he had something more credible besides Swetnik's allegation. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he had a bombshell up his sleeve. Think about it. If a woman had something on Kavanaugh who would she feel safe going to? Avenatti,right...based on how he handled Stormy Daniels?

Specifically excluding Swetnik stems from Trump's hatred of Avenatti for making a fool out him with the Stormy Daniels escapade.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 6:11 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
  Don't underestimate Avenatti.  

I would never underestimate Avenatti.
With Jerry Springer off the air, he has a shot at his own show.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 9:28 pm

ACLU breaks nonpartisan tradition by opposing Brett Kavanaugh

Quote :
In the wake of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s sworn testimony of sexual abuse at the hands of Brett Kavanaugh, the American Civil Liberties Union has announced its opposition to his nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court.

As a matter of organizational policy, the ACLU does not support or oppose candidates for political or judicial office. In this instance, the national board held an extraordinary meeting, and has chosen to make an exception to that policy.

“The ACLU’s board of directors, deeply concerned by the allegations raised in recent weeks, has made a rare exception to its longstanding policy and voted to oppose the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court,” said Susan Herman, president of the ACLU.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/29/2018, 10:30 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
  Don't underestimate Avenatti.  

I would never underestimate Avenatti.
Good! You shouldn't. He's 100% responsible for your hero Don the Con being named as an unindicted co-conspirator,and getting Stormy Daniels free to tell her story....
Stormy Daniels shares XXX-rated details of her alleged affair with Trump in new book
Los Angeles (CNN)
Quote :
This story contains graphic sexual imagery.
Stormy Daniels wants readers to know her life is "a lot more interesting than an encounter with Donald Trump," but her new tell-all book reveals graphic details about the President's anatomy, in addition to narratives about her childhood and life.
The new details of her alleged meeting with Trump at Lake Tahoe in 2006, revealed for the first time in Daniels' book, "Full Disclosure," include a salacious description of his genitalia.
"His penis is distinctive in a certain way, and I sometimes think that's one of the reasons he initially didn't tweet at me like he does so many women," Daniels wrote. "He knew I could pick his d*** out of a lineup. He knows he has an unusual penis. It has a huge mushroom head. Like a toadstool."

Daniels' attorney Michael Avenatti says the details she provides in the book prove her story about having sex with Trump is true.
"Stormy went into such graphic detail because she remains frustrated as to those who still question whether she is telling the truth," Avenatti told CNN. "She is tired of Trump, (lawyer Rudy) Giuliani and others lying about what happened."
Trump has never admitted there was a sexual encounter, but his attorneys did admit to approving a $130,000 payment to Daniels to ensure her silence.
Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, says she wrote the book because an earlier "60 Minutes" interview with Anderson Cooper "didn't cover the 'why' of my decisions and the real, personal costs to me ... for all I've lost, I deserve the chance to defend myself and state all the facts."
The White House has not responded to a request for comment.

Donnie must be especially proud of this... Very Happy
Quote :
She joked about Trump's hair, "'I know," he said with a smile. "It's ridiculous...'" adding that many stylists had offered to give him a makeover.
Eventually, Daniels says, she went to use the bathroom. When she came out, Trump, she writes, had changed into his underwear and undershirt. Daniels then adds more explicit detail. "I lay there, annoyed that I was getting f****** by a guy with Yeti pubes and a d*** like the mushroom character in Mario Kart."
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty9/30/2018, 4:24 am

Artie60438 wrote:
 I lay there, annoyed that I was getting f****** by a guy with Yeti pubes and a d*** like the mushroom character in Mario Kart.

Rachel, Rachel, Rachel, Rachel - always with the schvance talk.
Oy!!!!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty10/1/2018, 12:01 pm

The GOP never fails to disappoint...

Republicans War on Women - Page 22 MAR180930

Before the hearing, 54% of Republicans wanted him confirmed, even if he was guilty of sexual assault.  Think anything has changed?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty10/1/2018, 4:28 pm

In the event anyone is interested:

https://www.axios.com/brett-kavanaugh-rachel-mitchell-prosecutor-memo-2c3233cc-1d42-416b-af04-02700aa9a711.html

Read prosecutor Rachel Mitchell's memo about the Kavanaugh-Ford hearing

In a memo sent to all GOP senators, Arizona prosecutor Rachel Mitchell — who was hired by Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee to ask questions of Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford during last week's hearing — said she did not believe "a reasonable prosecutor would bring this case based on the evidence before the Committee," per NBC News.
The other side: Democrats condemned Republicans' choice of Mitchell, arguing that it created a judicial setting for the hearing — when neither Ford nor Kavanaugh was on trial.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty10/1/2018, 5:01 pm

Of course not.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty10/1/2018, 7:48 pm

Text messages suggest Kavanaugh wanted to refute accuser's claim before it became public

Source: NBC News

Quote :
WASHINGTON — In the days leading up to a public allegation that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh exposed himself to a college classmate, the judge and his team were communicating behind the scenes with friends to refute the claim, according to text messages obtained by NBC News.

Kerry Berchem, who was at Yale with both Kavanaugh and his accuser, Deborah Ramirez, has tried to get those messages to the FBI for its newly reopened investigation into the matter but says she has yet to be contacted by the bureau.

The texts between Berchem and Karen Yarasavage, both friends of Kavanaugh, suggest that the nominee was personally talking with former classmates about Ramirez’s story in advance of the New Yorker article that made her allegation public. In one message, Yarasavage said Kavanaugh asked her to go on the record in his defense. Two other messages show communication between Kavanaugh's team and former classmates in advance of the story.

The texts also demonstrate that Kavanaugh and Ramirez were more socially connected than previously understood and that Ramirez was uncomfortable around Kavanaugh when they saw each other at a wedding 10 years after they graduated. Berchem's efforts also show that some potential witnesses have been unable to get important information to the FBI.
So Rapey K is mounting a defense via text messages about an incident where he allegedly shoved his junk in a victim's face.....before the story even went public?  Shocked

No wonder he didn't want an FBI investigation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Republicans War on Women   Republicans War on Women - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Republicans War on Women
Page 22 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next