Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Scorpion

Scorpion

Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 3 Empty3/21/2009, 7:59 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Obama used the whole "it's just a joke" excuse with his "lipstick on a pig" comment, too.

Really? I don't recall him apologizing or excusing the "lipstick on a pig comment." The Republicans tried to make the comment an issue, but failed.

Here's exactly what he said:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/10/campaign.lipstick/

Quote :
"John McCain says he's about change too, and so I guess his whole angle is, 'Watch out George Bush -- except for economic policy, health care policy, tax policy, education policy, foreign policy and Karl Rove-style politics -- we're really going to shake things up in Washington,'" he said.

"That's not change. That's just calling something the same thing something different. You know you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. You know you can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change, it's still going to stink after eight years. We've had enough of the same old thing."

And here is what he said in response to the phony indignation from the GOP:

Quote :
McCain's campaign said Obama's remarks were offensive and a slap at Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin -- despite the fact that the Arizona senator himself used the phrase last year to describe a policy proposal of Hillary Clinton's.

Obama shot back Wednesday and accused the McCain campaign of engaging in "lies" and "swift boat politics."

"I don't care what they say about me. But I love this country too much to let them take over another election with lies and phony outrage and swift boat politics," he said in Norfolk, Virginia. "Enough is enough."

I certainly don't see any parallel between that comment and this one. None at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 3 Empty3/21/2009, 8:20 pm

I think any comment comparing Hillary Clinton to pigs is an inexcusable insult and someone needs to be apologizing to the swine community for a lack sensitivity. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 3 Empty3/22/2009, 8:17 am

Scorpion wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
Obama used the whole "it's just a joke" excuse with his "lipstick on a pig" comment, too.

Really? I don't recall him apologizing or excusing the "lipstick on a pig comment." The Republicans tried to make the comment an issue, but failed.

Here's exactly what he said:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/10/campaign.lipstick/

Quote :
"John McCain says he's about change too, and so I guess his whole angle is, 'Watch out George Bush -- except for economic policy, health care policy, tax policy, education policy, foreign policy and Karl Rove-style politics -- we're really going to shake things up in Washington,'" he said.

"That's not change. That's just calling something the same thing something different. You know you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. You know you can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change, it's still going to stink after eight years. We've had enough of the same old thing."

And here is what he said in response to the phony indignation from the GOP:

Quote :
McCain's campaign said Obama's remarks were offensive and a slap at Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin -- despite the fact that the Arizona senator himself used the phrase last year to describe a policy proposal of Hillary Clinton's.

Obama shot back Wednesday and accused the McCain campaign of engaging in "lies" and "swift boat politics."

"I don't care what they say about me. But I love this country too much to let them take over another election with lies and phony outrage and swift boat politics," he said in Norfolk, Virginia. "Enough is enough."

I certainly don't see any parallel between that comment and this one. None at all.
Yes, and we thank you for allowing the sun to rise on yet another day!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 3 Empty3/22/2009, 11:56 am

LoisLane wrote:
Gov. Sarah Palin responded to remarks made last night by President Obama related to the Special Olympics on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno":

“I was shocked to learn of the comment made by President Obama about Special Olympics,” Governor Palin said. “This was a degrading remark about our world’s most precious and unique people, coming from the most powerful position in the world.

Meet the hypocrites: Governor Sarah Palin
Back when she was a candidate for Vice President, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin was a staunch supporter of special needs children. After all, she has one herself.

Quote :
And children with special needs inspire a special love.

To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters.

I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House. Todd is a story all by himself.

Now that she's not Vice President, apparently Governor Palin doesn't place such a high priority on special needs children, who are among our most vulnerable citizens. Palin, ever the ideologue like her colleague Governor Sanford in South Carolina (who also might be running for President on the Republican ticket in 2012), has decided to reject more than thirty percent of federal stimulus money coming to Alaska. The biggest part of that funding would go to programs for special needs kids.

The biggest single chunk of money that Palin is turning down is about $170 million for education, including money that would go for programs to help economically disadvantaged and special needs students. [emphasis mine]

We already knew that Republicans hate when government aids economically disadvantaged people, but you have to wonder about the heart and mind of a mother, Palin, who won't accept federal funding for children much like her own. Doesn't she want the best for her son? I know I would, if it was me.

Then again, Governor Palin's decision is a prime example of the Republican party's pro-birth mantra. They're not pro-life, they're pro-birth. After birth, you're on your own.
http://www.nwprogressive.org/weblog/2009/03/meet-hypocrites-governor-sarah-palin.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 3 Empty3/22/2009, 12:14 pm

Artie, I think your wrong and it's a low blow for you to say Palin doesn't place special needs children on a high priority list when she has one herself because she's not VP. Very low blow.

I wish I had the link, but I read somewhere that she wasn't taking part of the money because she didn't believe in making gov't bigger. She wanted to accept the money for the job creation. The D party is really stooping low to make the assertions they are making. What a shame.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 3 Empty3/22/2009, 12:24 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Artie, I think your wrong and it's a low blow for you to say Palin doesn't place special needs children on a high priority list when she has one herself because she's not VP. Very low blow.

I wish I had the link, but I read somewhere that she wasn't taking part of the money because she didn't believe in making gov't bigger. She wanted to accept the money for the job creation. The D party is really stooping low to make the assertions they are making. What a shame.

Mama,What's truly disgraceful is that she's putting her Presidential aspirations ahead of special needs citizens in her own state.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 3 Empty3/22/2009, 12:25 pm

Says you.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 3 Empty3/22/2009, 12:54 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Says you.

Yeah,it's just a coincidence that she's doing the exact same thing that South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal,both with Pres aspirations are doing Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 3 Empty3/22/2009, 12:55 pm

Oh so they don't care about special needs children either?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 3 Empty3/22/2009, 1:18 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Oh so they don't care about special needs children either?

No,I believe those other 2 critters set their sights on the unemployed by refusing money that would extend benefits. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3