Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/20/2009, 7:22 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Lois,Obama taking questions from an audience is change and pointing out Bush's failure to do so is pertinent seeing as he was the one responsible for the mess we now find ourselves in. Maybe not you,but others here still bring up Carter and Clinton whenever it suits their purpose. Even FDR has been mentioned in an unsuccessful attempt to claim his policies were bad during the depression.
George Bush ruined my life, boo hoo hoo. Obama was supposed to be the Great One to get us past this evil man. But yet, instead of leading, he is blaming. This isn't change. It is side stepping horse shit. You don't want to walk in it, so you go around it, and kick the horse in the ass for dropping a deuce. For crying out loud, I am not going to stay up at night to watch the community organizer side step horse shit. I'd rather he kept his mouth shut, and let his programs try to succeed. We really don't need Jay Leno or David Letterman kissing his ass. There is plenty enough of that going around.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/20/2009, 10:30 pm

LoisLane wrote:
For crying out loud, I am not going to stay up at night to watch the community organizer side step horse shit. I'd rather he kept his mouth shut, and let his programs try to succeed. We really don't need Jay Leno or David Letterman kissing his ass. There is plenty enough of that going around.

It's obvious that it's killing you guys that he's so popular and getting his message out to so many people. I'll be looking forward to more of these appearances. Btw,he's having another primetime press conference on Tues Smile

Nielsen: Obama visit a big boost for Leno ratings

Last night's appearance by President Barack Obama was a ratings boon for The Tonight Show. The audience in metered overnight cities like Baltimore was the highest since Jan. 24, 2005, when the show featured a tribute to Johnny Carson, according to Nielsen figures released by NBC.

The last time Tonight scored a higher overnight rating was on May 14, 1998 -- the night of the finale of Seinfeld when the cast appeared on Leno's program. Overnight ratings for last night's show were the fourth-highest in the 16-year history of Leno's show.

Bottom line, one out of every four TVs in use last night was tuned to The Tonight Show. The overnight ratings from metered markets are not conclusive or final. But they generally match up when final figures are released.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/20/2009, 10:42 pm

Speaking of comparisons,

We have all read or heard of the eerie similarities between Lincoln's death
and Kennedy's death--both had Johnsons as VPs, secretaries' names
were the same and all the rest.

Well, here's a current "wow" comparison of past presidents. Did you
know President Obama signed his stimulus package at the same desk
where President Clinton got his package stimulated?

eerie, huh?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Carry on.

Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 2:26 am

party42 wrote:

Hopefully at sometime between then and now the desk was windexed and the carpet shampooed. Lawls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 6:38 am

OK without reading other posts here so far let me say I find this a poor choice of words by Obama but I'm certainly not screaming bloody murder over it. A slip of the tongue in an overly politically correct world. He's probably in more hot water from some of his supporters than from folks like me over it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 7:46 am

party42 wrote:
Speaking of comparisons,

eerie, huh?

One word: BFD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 7:50 am

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
For crying out loud, I am not going to stay up at night to watch the community organizer side step horse shit. I'd rather he kept his mouth shut, and let his programs try to succeed. We really don't need Jay Leno or David Letterman kissing his ass. There is plenty enough of that going around.

It's obvious that it's killing you guys that he's so popular and getting his message out to so many people. I'll be looking forward to more of these appearances. Btw,he's having another primetime press conference on Tues Smile

Nielsen: Obama visit a big boost for Leno ratings

Last night's appearance by President Barack Obama was a ratings boon for The Tonight Show. The audience in metered overnight cities like Baltimore was the highest since Jan. 24, 2005, when the show featured a tribute to Johnny Carson, according to Nielsen figures released by NBC.

The last time Tonight scored a higher overnight rating was on May 14, 1998 -- the night of the finale of Seinfeld when the cast appeared on Leno's program. Overnight ratings for last night's show were the fourth-highest in the 16-year history of Leno's show.

Bottom line, one out of every four TVs in use last night was tuned to The Tonight Show. The overnight ratings from metered markets are not conclusive or final. But they generally match up when final figures are released.
TV ratings, APPROVAL rating, blah blah blah. Look at the DOW JONES. When that goes up (and stays up) you just might have something to crow about. Who gives a shit about Jay Leno and his god damned ratings, when unemployment is headed for 10%. Get a reality check.

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 8:00 am

LoisLane wrote:

TV ratings, APPROVAL rating, blah blah blah.

Yeah,well you can dismiss those all you want,but approval ratings are what gets turned into political capital,which makes it easier to get his agenda passed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 8:05 am

His approval ratings won't mean squat if the economy is still in the shitter a year from now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 9:44 am

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

TV ratings, APPROVAL rating, blah blah blah.

Yeah,well you can dismiss those all you want,but approval ratings are what gets turned into political capital,which makes it easier to get his agenda passed.

That may have been true once but I see that now our national leaders seem to do whatever they want and then go into damage control after the fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 10:16 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 10:20 am

LoisLane wrote:
party42 wrote:
Speaking of comparisons,

eerie, huh?

One word: BFD

It's just a joke Lois, NOT A FACT. Lighten up.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 11:19 am

Mirage wrote:
OK without reading other posts here so far let me say I find this a poor choice of words by Obama but I'm certainly not screaming bloody murder over it. A slip of the tongue in an overly politically correct world. He's probably in more hot water from some of his supporters than from folks like me over it.

Adding to that though, I don't think it's anything he can't bounce back from. I wasn't bothered at all by the comment myself.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 1:03 pm

Special Olympics bowler to Obama: I'll beat you

Quote :
The top bowler for the Special Olympics looks forward to meeting President Barack Obama in an alley.

“He bowled a 129. I bowl a 300. I could beat that score easily,” Michigan’s Kolan McConiughey told The Associated Press in an interview Friday.

I think that's fantastic. I hope Obama bowls against him so people can see that the mentally handicapped are pretty amazing people too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 1:44 pm

paul87920 wrote:

Quote :
The top bowler for the Special Olympics looks forward to meeting President Barack Obama in an alley.

“He bowled a 129. I bowl a 300. I could beat that score easily,” Michigan’s Kolan McConiughey told The Associated Press in an interview Friday.

I think that's fantastic. I hope Obama bowls against him so people can see that the mentally handicapped are pretty amazing people too.

Oh I'm sure there are plenty of those who are mentally handicapped that can do much better in many different things than Obama.

And yes, people with mental disabilities are fantastically wonderful individuals! Smile
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 2:19 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Oh I'm sure there are plenty of those who are mentally handicapped that can do much better in many different things than Obama.

Sadly, that can probably be said about a lot of our politicians past and present.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 4:18 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
paul87920 wrote:

Quote :

And yes, people with mental disabilities are fantastically wonderful individuals! Smile
The special needs people I have had the privilege to know have far bigger hearts than many of the so-called
"normal" people in society.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 4:50 pm

sparks wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:
paul87920 wrote:

Quote :

The special needs people I have had the privilege to know have far bigger hearts than many of the so-called
Hence my quote (now in red). And you are correct, not many, if any at all, would go off and attack someone for no reason- unlike so-called "normal" people in our society.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 4:59 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
sparks wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:
paul87920 wrote:

Quote :

Hence my quote (now in red). And you are correct, not many, if any at all, would go off and attack someone for no reason- unlike so-called "normal" people in our society.
Or make homophobic,insulting taunts directed at people they don't know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 5:22 pm

I dunno, some might respond like a so-called "normal" person- especially if provoked and attacked out of the blue, but hey ya never know.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 5:46 pm

sparks wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:
sparks wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:
paul87920 wrote:

Quote :

Or make homophobic,insulting taunts directed at people they don't know.
That's not very fair. While Ohhmama has her personal beliefs on homosexuality she's been tolerant and compassionate towards the gay community.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 5:50 pm

Wait- are you saying I'm mentally disabled?? ROFLMAO

And yes, I am plenty "tolerant". I have gay friends who I adore and admittedly, I still don't get the whole man on man/ woman on woman thing, some of my views have changed from years past.

but hey I'm just a skeezer what would I know? Razz
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 5:53 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Wait- are you saying I'm mentally disabled?? ROFLMAO

And yes, I am plenty "tolerant". I have gay friends who I adore and admittedly, I still don't get the whole man on man/ woman on woman thing, some of my views have changed from years past.

but hey I'm just a skeezer what would I know? Razz

OH NO! I didn't mean you were mentally disabled. I just thought (and I could be wrong) that sparks was accusing you of being homophobic when I happen to know that you aren't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 5:57 pm

LOL, I knew what you meant- that's why it was so flippin' funny! Laughing

And I have a suspicion you were correct on your second statement, and you are also correct when you say I'm not homophobic- nothing could be further from the truth. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty3/21/2009, 6:34 pm

Gov. Sarah Palin responded to remarks made last night by President Obama related to the Special Olympics on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno":

“I was shocked to learn of the comment made by President Obama about Special Olympics,” Governor Palin said. “This was a degrading remark about our world’s most precious and unique people, coming from the most powerful position in the world.

“These athletes overcome more challenges, discrimination and adversity than most of us ever will. By the way, these athletes can outperform many of us and we should be proud of them. I hope President Obama’s comments do not reflect how he truly feels about the special needs community.”

Well, after the way his allies went after her, he really couldn't count on a full-throated defense of a boneheaded comment. Obama used the whole "it's just a joke" excuse with his "lipstick on a pig" comment, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next