Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 8:18 am

Wow, what a faux paux-

Comparing his bowling game to the Special Olympics?? Shocked Damn, I bet he wishes his teleprompter was around...

Quote :
Toward the end of the interview on Thursday, Obama told host Jay Leno he's been practicing at the White House's bowling alley but wasn't happy with his score of 129.

Leno complimented Obama on the score, but the president quipped, "It was like the Special Olympics or something,"
http://www.accessatlanta.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/TV/Obama_Special_Olympics.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 9:40 am

In typical NBC fashion, they showed the clip right up to (but not including) the actual quote. That was on the TODAY show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 9:40 am

Where's the outrage?? Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 9:42 am

Ohhmama wrote:
Imagine if Sarah Palin said that? Or John McCain?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 9:50 am

I'm surprised no one had made a comment to it's Bush's fault that the comment was made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 9:50 am

I saw Leno last night when he said this. I was a little surprised myself. I knew there would be talk of this today. He shouldn't have said it...but he is human.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 9:53 am

LoisLane wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:
Imagine if Sarah Palin said that? Or John McCain?

While Obama's comment is unfortunate,Sarah Palin is taking direct action to screw over special needs students and others.....

Palin rejects over 30% of stimulus money

Quote :
The biggest single chunk of money that Palin is turning down is about $170 million for education, including money that would go for programs to help economically disadvantaged and special needs students. Anchorage School Superintendent Carol Comeau said she is "shocked and very disappointed" that Palin would reject the schools money. She said it could be used for job preservation, teacher training, and helping kids who need it.
http://www.adn.com/palin/story/729504.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 9:53 am

party42 wrote:
I saw Leno last night when he said this. I was a little surprised myself. I knew there would be talk of this today. He shouldn't have said it...but he is human.

LOL, yes of course he is.

But Bush makes a bumble and we still hear about it. unbelievable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 10:14 am

Just in from CNN, apparently Obama had called the head of the special olympics even before the show was aired last night to apologize and was forgiven. Obama was asked to have a person from the special olympics be hired to work in the white house. No word on any of that yet.

Ohhmama, Bush made gaff after gaff after gaff to the point of ignorance. The man just couldn't talk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 10:25 am

party42 wrote:
Just in from CNN, apparently Obama had called the head of the special olympics even before the show was aired last night to apologize and was forgiven. Obama was asked to have a person from the special olympics be hired to work in the white house. No word on any of that yet.

Ohhmama, Bush made gaff after gaff after gaff to the point of ignorance. The man just couldn't talk.
Apparently neither can The Messiah, without a teleprompter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 10:28 am

LoisLane wrote:
party42 wrote:

Exactly my thoughts. I mean have people not seen the One without a teleprompter??

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 11:16 am

Ohhmama wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Exactly my thoughts. I mean have people not seen the One without a teleprompter??

As a matter of fact,yes. Just this week Obama did 2 town hall meetings in California this week where he took many questions from the audience. How many of those did Bush do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 12:38 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
As a matter of fact,yes. Just this week Obama did 2 town hall meetings in California this week where he took many questions from the audience. How many of those did Bush do?
Why do you always defend your buddy Obama with what Bush did? Isn't it time for change?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 1:01 pm

Excuse me.
When YOU cons envoke Sarah Palin, John McCain & George Bush, THEN they are "fair game."
Quote :

When ever George did it was a before a friendly hand picked bunch of die hard lobotomized, drooling, conservative sheep.
enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3OqC6QzV2k&feature=related

Tickets for Barry are "first come, first served." They don't hand pick & select robots.

Last edited by edge540 on 3/20/2009, 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 1:07 pm

edge540 wrote:

Tickets for Barry are "first come, first served." They don't hand pick & select robots.

No just those who have drunkth of the kool-aid and are brain-washed zombies....
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 1:11 pm

Oh yes you mean like Joseph the faux plumber Wurzelbacher who's going to buy a plumbing company that makes $280,000 per year?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRPbCSSXyp0

Last edited by edge540 on 3/20/2009, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 1:18 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
party42 wrote:

LOL, yes of course he is.

But Bush makes a bumble and we still hear about it. unbelievable.

You know, it's just my opinion, but I thought that Bush's gaffes were kind of funny, and harmless for the most part. I think he was an absolutely terrible President, for a lot of reasons but his gaffes were not one of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 3:05 pm

With President Obama's kneeslapper of a remark, I've learned at least one thing: he is definitely quicker on his feet and more spontaneous than another paragon of Left Wing wit, Al Franken. Mr. Franken hasn't been able to come up with anything that "clever" since about 1978. Franken should start listening to elementary school students taunt each other at recess and maybe his creative juices will start flowing again.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 5:00 pm

I was impressed with the way Obama handled himself last night on Leno. He was funny, very well spoken and did not need a teleprompter. He is very determined to accomplish the things he campaigned on, national healthcare, better education, more investment at home and using diplomacy abroad. I think we will see as many appearances on talk shows as it takes to sell his programs to the American people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 5:06 pm

Yes- it sure is good to see a president appear on talk shows, practice his bowling games, throw party after party, etc. etc. while this nation is in a middle of a horrible economic "crisis".

Gee, golf anyone?? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 5:09 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Why do you always defend your buddy Obama with what Bush did? Isn't it time for change?

Lois,Obama taking questions from an audience is change and pointing out Bush's failure to do so is pertinent seeing as he was the one responsible for the mess we now find ourselves in. Maybe not you,but others here still bring up Carter and Clinton whenever it suits their purpose. Even FDR has been mentioned in an unsuccessful attempt to claim his policies were bad during the depression.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 5:15 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Yes- it sure is good to see a president appear on talk shows, practice his bowling games, throw party after party, etc. etc. while this nation is in a middle of a horrible economic "crisis".

Mama,Keep in mind that the alternative would have been John McCain.....dinner at 4:30pm,and a 8:30 bedtime. I like a President that can do many different things at the same time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 5:37 pm

The truth is if this President wasn't out in the public the way he is he would be accused of hiding from the people. He is in a situation where he can never win. It's like he said last night on Leno, everyone is like a Simon Cowell right now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 5:48 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Lois,Obama taking questions from an audience is change and pointing out Bush's failure to do so is pertinent seeing as he was the one responsible for the mess we now find ourselves in. Maybe not you,but others here still bring up Carter and Clinton whenever it suits their purpose. Even FDR has been mentioned in an unsuccessful attempt to claim his policies were bad during the depression.
I think voters need to be reminded that it was the failed Republican policies that created this mess until safeguards are enacted to fix things. Place the blame where it belongs,on the neocons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty3/20/2009, 6:19 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

Mama,Keep in mind that the alternative would have been John McCain.....dinner at 4:30pm,and a 8:30 bedtime. I like a President that can do many different things at the same time.

Nice try Artie- but McCain isn't the president. And age doesn't prevent him from doing his job now- does it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics   Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama compares his "game" to the Special Olympics
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next