Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hammond Times

Go down 
+5
paul87920
UrRight
BigFan
Artie60438
hammonite
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Hammond Times - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammond Times   Hammond Times - Page 3 Empty2/26/2011, 11:32 am

Robin Banks wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Robin Banks wrote:
Sure I have. But the business model of newspapers today does not depend on newsstand sales. You say you don't like the Times but yet nearly every day you mention something you read in it.

Many people still enjoy picking up the paper and reading it. In a lot of towns the newspaper is the only source of local news.

The online revenue generated by the Times and its parent company is growing rapidly and has become a major source of income. So, by suggesting that because the paper is smaller than it used to be indicates some sort of financial shortfall and impending doom for the Times really shows a lack of understanding of the publishing business.
According to the CEO of Lee Enterprises:
Quote :
But Junck reminded shareholders that the print newspaper product remains the main staple in the equation.

“Throughout the recession and now, our audiences are massive and strong across all age groups,” she said “Although not growing in percentage terms, print remains the backbone of our business. It provides excellent results for advertisers and a preferred experience for a majority of readers.
http://qctimes.com/business/article_6ad468a8-3f70-11e0-9a05-001cc4c03286.html

Here is the next paragraph from her presentation that supports what I am saying:

“At the same time, digital alternatives for advertisers and readers have exploded. We have seized these digital opportunities and are rapidly growing revenue and audiences. We see big opportunities for online, mobile and tablets.”

I suggest that those who are interested in this topic read the entire article linked by Artie and not just the cherry-picked quote he chose.
While I didn't quote the whole article,how does an entity whose "backbone" (print) is not growing,and has been diminishing look positive?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Hammond Times   Hammond Times - Page 3 Empty2/26/2011, 12:25 pm

LOL...ya tell her, Artie.SHE won't answer cuz she doesn't have an answer.I do have a question..how does a newspaper make money off on-line advertisements when people simply ignore them?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Hammond Times   Hammond Times - Page 3 Empty2/26/2011, 12:39 pm

If I had to pay to read NWI times online...I would not.

Two days after the story about the Steger, IL guy went to trial, the nwitimes borrowed the news and posted it. LOL
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hammond Times   Hammond Times - Page 3 Empty2/26/2011, 5:02 pm

Mary Junck explains their position in the article. The Times is successfully responding to a changing marketplace. They are offering products for all their customers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hammond Times   Hammond Times - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hammond Times
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3