Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

how low will the times sink?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

how low will the times sink? Empty
PostSubject: how low will the times sink?   how low will the times sink? Empty9/29/2009, 5:15 am

on air yesterday the officers involved announced that they had misunderstood tina woerple and thought that she said dave was golfing with the mayor.

well before anything hit the papers for about 36 hours a rumor circulated otob and throughout the city that they were arrested together. no matter there was no truth to it whatsoever. no matter the times actually printed a denial of the rediculous rumor by the mayor over a week ago. here is how they covered that tidbit yesterday

(sherrifs deputy)German said Tina Woerpel said her husband "was golfing with McDermott" and her sons worked in the city's sanitation and parks departments. German said David Woerpel arrived at his home along with his attorney,

the times knows there is no substance to the rumor. yet they are trying to perpetuate it nonetheless. its peter katic all over again.

the facts dont matter to them one bit folks. they are out for their pound of flesh and arent going to stop until either they think they have gotten it or recognize they are losing so much credibility by following this rediculous situation ad nauseum...that its no longer productive for them to continue.

ps. a much more balenced and reasonable story following the situation appears in the post trib today.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: how low will the times sink?   how low will the times sink? Empty9/29/2009, 5:32 am

I have been talking to my friends to cancel their subscriptions to the Times. There is a huge difference in the stories they cover. The Post has written an entire series about air pollution in the region while the Times seems to be afraid of discussing pollution. They'd rather try to sell papers with cheap shots at the Mayor and others.
Back to top Go down
Passion

Passion

PostSubject: Re: how low will the times sink?   how low will the times sink? Empty9/29/2009, 11:01 am

You folks are making the assumption that anybody is reading the paper for serious news anymore. It is a laughing stock.

While I suppose folks in politics don't want such things out in the public arena even from an untrusted source I find that the NWI Times has less credibility than the NY Times - and that's a pretty bad insult in my book. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how low will the times sink?   how low will the times sink? Empty

Back to top Go down

how low will the times sink?
Page 1 of 1