Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

times shows remarkable bias!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

times shows remarkable bias! Empty
PostSubject: times shows remarkable bias!   times shows remarkable bias! Empty1/22/2009, 4:13 am

http://nwi.com/articles/2009/01/22/opinion/forum/doc6e624ec6e10431b68625753f001d88c2.txt

Hammond precinct committeeman George T. Janiec said President-elect Barack Obama will be the Bush legacy.
wtf? wheres republican committeeman bill bahas' quote? or repub city party chair duane dedelow's? or former party chair's joe mccearthy? or any of the other 40 republican precinct committeepersons in the city? they should have at least acknowledged janiec' repeated failed bids for public office, but chose not to.

how in the hell does george janiec rise to the level of representing a larger group of republicans? especially when he is also one of three named leaders of a supposedly non partisain local pac?

for the times to quote this guy as a representative of the republican party, is unfair to the rest of the hammond republicans, and clearly has only one motiviation behind it. the times is trying to push the guy on the public for its own purposes, which are, i suspect, to drum up future controversies and future headlines.

rarely is the media as blatently obvious as this seemingly mundane quote is, in exposing its bias and agenda, seperate from actual newsworthiness.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: times shows remarkable bias!   times shows remarkable bias! Empty1/22/2009, 7:08 am

Steve if you hadnt pointed it out I never would have known. I think if the Times is quoting Janiec it is because no one else returned their calls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: times shows remarkable bias!   times shows remarkable bias! Empty1/22/2009, 7:14 am

They need to make calls if they want them returned.
I know they never called me.
But then again, I haven't run in every election in the last three years either.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: times shows remarkable bias!   times shows remarkable bias! Empty1/22/2009, 7:35 am

I laughed when I read George's comments.
George Janiec wrote:
That paved the way for politics ... Anyone could have been elected. The media unelected George Bush," Janiec said.

Mr. Janiec, Bush reached the two term limit that is mandated by the constitution. The media's opinion did not unelect him,he could not have run for a third term. Is "unelect" even a word?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: times shows remarkable bias!   times shows remarkable bias! Empty1/28/2009, 3:36 pm

or repub city party chair duane dedelow's?

Who? Shocked

I swear I hear less from him since he became city chairman than from McDermott Sr. What's sad is the GOP really has nobody to be an effective county chair, so he probably will get it just by name recognition. But short of someone forming a popular local 3rd party it looks like Dem victories as usual while he's in charge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: times shows remarkable bias!   times shows remarkable bias! Empty1/31/2009, 1:59 pm

http://www.nwi.com/articles/2009/01/30/news/lake_county/doc0951cb7b761b8d628625754e00034fcd.txt#blogcomments

You want a biased article?

Now, they are advertising THTG's meetings?

Wow.

And they totally gave Cid a pass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: times shows remarkable bias!   times shows remarkable bias! Empty1/31/2009, 2:00 pm

Oh, and check out the comments. Premeske actually responded to some of our comments.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: times shows remarkable bias!   times shows remarkable bias! Empty1/31/2009, 4:34 pm

lol. i feel bad for ken Sad

back to the original post in this thread though. interesting that the times had a reporter on hand for the team schammond last week when in 4 plus years now they have not once had a reporter cover a mayors night out meeting, where often times a lot more than 70 people show up.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: times shows remarkable bias!   times shows remarkable bias! Empty1/31/2009, 6:31 pm

The Times has really been going down the tubes - it isn't worth buying. Post-Trib has better coverage. I read that article, Oracle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: times shows remarkable bias!   times shows remarkable bias! Empty2/2/2009, 10:12 am

UrRight wrote:
The Times has really been going down the tubes - it isn't worth buying. Post-Trib has better coverage. I read that article, Oracle.

Both papers have gone down big time

Its a pain reading any of those two right now because they both push their agenda's
Back to top Go down
Madd Maxx

PostSubject: Re: times shows remarkable bias!   times shows remarkable bias! Empty2/3/2009, 2:34 am

UrRight wrote:
Riiiiiht, I remember when I ran for sheriff they were quite enthusiastic, making sure to cover my entire platform.

"He's against the war on drugs."

That's it. Not a word more. What a bunch of weasels. Wasn't worth going out there for the interview.

Obviously threw the election in Buns Itch's direction for most of their readers.
Back to top Go down
Madd Maxx

PostSubject: Re: times shows remarkable bias!   times shows remarkable bias! Empty2/3/2009, 3:02 am

mike3775 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

Both papers have gone down big time

Its a pain reading any of those two right now because they both push their agenda's
More than half the people now get their news from the Internet instead of paper media. Bwahaha! They've lost their control over information and I love it!
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: times shows remarkable bias!   times shows remarkable bias! Empty2/3/2009, 4:43 am

Off topic, but since you are here, how are you feeling, MaddMax? I hope you are doing well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: times shows remarkable bias!   times shows remarkable bias! Empty

Back to top Go down

times shows remarkable bias!
Page 1 of 1