Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty
PostSubject: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/7/2009, 4:51 pm

It’s certainly a good thing that there is no pro-Obama media bias, because otherwise an article such as this might be construed as a fawning piece of bilge, written by an idiot, and directed at an audience full of idiots who would gladly sit there with their mouths agape and their heads nodding in agreement as they read it.
(Caution: Do not read with a full stomach.)

http://warner.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/05/sometimes-a-president-is-just-a-president/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/7/2009, 10:57 pm

The Obama's have been marketed well, dat's fer sure. I'm surprised with all the items his image has been placed and sold on hasn't boosted the economy more.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/16/2009, 5:06 pm

Nation's Blacks Creeped Out By All The People Smiling At Them

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/nations_blacks_creeped_out_by_all Edited by Admin to add link
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/16/2009, 5:31 pm

You might want to let people know that it's a parody from "The Onion".
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/nations_blacks_creeped_out_by_all
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/16/2009, 6:04 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
I'm frankly not surprised that it took a web search for you to figure that out. As far as other people, I kind of assumed that they'd figure it out on their own.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/17/2009, 7:26 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
I'm frankly not surprised that it took a web search for you to figure that out. As far as other people, I kind of assumed that they'd figure it out on their own.

I knew immediately it was from the Onion. I only got the link in order to warn others
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/17/2009, 8:19 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

I knew immediately it was from the Onion. I only got the link in order to warn others
Of course you did, Artie, of course you did. You are a regular Paul-freakin'-Revere, aren't you?
"One if by land, two if from the Onion."
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/17/2009, 9:14 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Of course you did, Artie, of course you did. You are a regular Paul-freakin'-Revere, aren't you?
"One if by land, two if from the Onion."

You post a parody as if it was a news article without a link. I point it out,and I'm somehow the bad guy? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/17/2009, 9:29 am

Artie60438 wrote:

You post a parody as if it was a news article without a link. I point it out,and I'm somehow the bad guy? Rolling Eyes
Trust me on this one, Artie.
99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the people who read that article realized that it was a parody within the first few sentences.
The other .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the people (which, at this point is, basically, just you) needed some help to figure it out.
Hence, your fact-finding web search.
But smile, dude, smile!
You provided a great service by enlightening those who (when they were not too preoccupied with their drool cups) really hadn't quite caught on to the irony.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/17/2009, 9:46 am

Food for thought.....If you had done the right thing and posted it with a link we wouldn't even be having this exchange.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/17/2009, 3:16 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Food for thought.....If you had done the right thing and posted it with a link we wouldn't even be having this exchange.
Au contraire - if you hadn't been gullible enough to believe that it was a legitimate article, we wouldn't be having this exchange.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/17/2009, 4:39 pm

jack, you're SO transparent.

You know that the reason you left the link out was so that you could nail one the libs here for being gullible.

Gee, it's a shame it didn't work.

Artie called you on it & now your pathetic attempts at trying to mock Arnie are so lame, you should really be ashamed.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/17/2009, 4:49 pm

edge540 wrote:
jack, you're SO transparent.

You know that the reason you left the link out was so that you could nail one the libs here for being gullible.

Gee, it's a shame it didn't work.

Artie called you on it & now your pathetic attempts at trying to mock Arnie are so lame, you should really be ashamed.
edge:
Let me explain something to you - exposing a liberal as being gullible is like fishing with dynamite. There is no sport to it, no challenge, and I have better things to do. Liberals do a fine job of making asses of themselves without my help.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/18/2009, 10:32 am

Yeah right.
So jack, did you enjoy Frank Rich last Sunday?

The subject is: Republicans "making asses of themselves."
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/18/2009, 3:52 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

Yeah, well as I pointed out to Jack back on another site, at another time, the Onion has a very restrictive policy regarding the use of its material...

http://www.theonion.com/content/privacy

Quote :
The content of this web-site—graphics, text and other elements—is ©️ Copyright 2009 by Onion, Inc., and may not be reprinted or retransmitted in whole or in part without the expressed written consent of the publisher.

I understand that Jack thought it was funny, but that doesn't give him or anybody else the right to steal copyrighted material from another website. There is nothing in their policy that permits reposting for any purpose, commercial or otherwise. Copyright holders have an absolute right to place restrictions on how their stuff is used, and we should all respect that.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/18/2009, 5:41 pm

I'll tell you what, Scorpion - you don't turn me in to the Onion police, and I won't nark you out to sfgate.
Deal?

Scorpion wrote:
... then perhaps a simple cartoon will help you to begin to understand...

Government Pork by Mark Fiore

http://www.sfgate.com/pages/termsandconditions/
… you may not download, post, display, publish, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, perform, broadcast, transfer, create derivative works from, sell or otherwise exploit any content, code, data or materials on or available through the Web Site.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/18/2009, 5:53 pm

happy jack wrote:
I'll tell you what, Scorpion - you don't turn me in to the Onion police, and I won't nark you out to sfgate.
Deal?

Scorpion wrote:

… you may not download, post, display, publish, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, perform, broadcast, transfer, create derivative works from, sell or otherwise exploit any content, code, data or materials on or available through the Web Site.

I didn't do any of those things, I put up a frickin' link. Are you honestly saying that you can't differentiate between the posting of copyrighted content, without attribution no less, and posting a link to a website where the content resides? C'mon Jack, I thought you were smarter than that, but perhaps I've given you too much credit.

If you had any copyrighted material of your own , then I don't think that we'd need to have this conversation.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty2/18/2009, 6:19 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Deal?

Scorpion wrote:

I didn't do any of those things, I put up a frickin' link. Are you honestly saying that you can't differentiate between the posting of copyrighted content, without attribution no less, and posting a link to a website where the content resides? C'mon Jack, I thought you were smarter than that, but perhaps I've given you too much credit.

If you had any copyrighted material of your own , then I don't think that we'd need to have this conversation.
I thought I would lighten things up a bit.
I thought wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?   Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pro-Obama bias? What pro-Obama bias?
Page 1 of 1