Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty1/21/2016, 1:57 pm

NOT PHOTOSHOPPED

2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 569f05ee2a00004d00030dac

Caribou Barbie's son was arrested for domestic violence a couple of days ago,her daughter Bristol just pumped out another little bastard,and Donald Trump refers to them as an "Amazing family" Rolling Eyes I think the term "white trash" is more appropriate.

In any event comedians from coast to coast dropped to their knees in joy. Any guesses on SNL's cold open this week? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty1/29/2016, 10:13 am

Robert Gates: Republicans' grasp of national security is at a child's level

Quote :
Robert Gates, a Republican stalwart and former US defence secretary who served under eight presidents, has derided the party’s election candidates for a grasp of national security issues that “would embarrass a middle schooler”.

. . .

“People are out there making threats and promises that are totally unrealistic, totally unattainable. Either they really believe what they’re saying or they’re cynical and opportunistic and, in a way, you hope it’s the latter, because God forbid they actually believe some of the things that they’re saying.”

Gates is among Republican elders dismayed by the way this year’s campaign is unfolding, with establishment figures such as Jeb Bush, whose father he served as director of central intelligence, failing to gain traction against mavericks with unusual prescriptions for keeping America safe.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty1/30/2016, 5:53 pm

Heretic wrote:
Robert Gates: Republicans' grasp of national security is at a child's level

No surprise. That's exactly why Trump is doing so well. He huffs,puffs and boasts but never gets into anything that even vaguely could be considered substance. No need to,as that would probably just confuse them,so his speeches are dumbed down to about the 3rd or 4th grade level to keep them listening.

Its all gonna be great,Mexico will pay for a wall,great deals,we're gonna get tired of winning,blah blah,blah.

He knows these people are stupid and has even said ""How stupid are the people of Iowa? How stupid are the people of the country to believe this crap?"
They way they swoon over Sarah Palin should tell anyone all they need to know about his voters and a lot of other Republicans.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty1/30/2016, 9:36 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

He knows these people are stupid and has even said ""How stupid are the people of Iowa? How stupid are the people of the country to believe this crap?"

Yeah. Well just for the record, Trump was talking about people who believed Carson's wild personal account of his childhood. He wasn't referring to his own supporters.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty1/30/2016, 11:37 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Yeah. Well just for the record, Trump was talking about people who believed Carson's wild personal account of his childhood.  He wasn't referring to his own supporters.
Ok,but it was still a denigrating remark specifically aimed at the people of Iowa.

Then about a week ago he says “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose any voters, OK?”

As I see it,he's a narcissistic ego maniac trying to see how far he can go.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty1/31/2016, 3:58 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Yeah. Well just for the record, Trump was talking about people who believed Carson's wild personal account of his childhood.  He wasn't referring to his own supporters.
Ok,but it was still a denigrating remark specifically aimed at the people of Iowa.

No, not really. It was more of a tactical attack against Carson, who was running a close second to Trump at the time.

Artie60438 wrote:

Then about a week ago he says “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose any voters, OK?”

Yeah, well I don't think that there is any question that he's an egomaniac. But personally, I'd like to see him win the Republican nomination. That would be very good for Democrats.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty1/31/2016, 9:27 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:

Yeah, well I don't think that there is any question that he's an egomaniac.  But personally, I'd like to see him win the Republican nomination.  That would be very good for Democrats.
Right now I'm not so sure about that,but we won't really know how strong he is until the GOP field starts to slim down.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/1/2016, 4:54 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:

Yeah, well I don't think that there is any question that he's an egomaniac.  But personally, I'd like to see him win the Republican nomination.  That would be very good for Democrats.
Right now I'm not so sure about that,but we won't really know how strong he is until the GOP field starts to slim down.

Seriously? IMHO, Trump couldn't beat Sanders or Clinton, at least not in a two way race. Same goes for Cruz. Rubio is the guy Democrats need to worry about. I'd really like to see Trump win in Iowa. and I think he will win in New Hampshire for sure.

The only other candidate that has a chance, and it's looking to be a slim one at this point, is Jeb. Christie, Carson, and Kasich are finished. So in reality, the field is already "slimmed down." There are just 3 (or 4 if you include Bush) viable candidates at this point.

I think that Cruz will probably get the lions share of Carson's supporters when he drops out, which will probably be after New Hampshire. Trump and Rubio (and maybe Bush) will probably split the rest of the field's supporters after New Hampshire. If Bush stays in, I think that hurts Rubio's chances.

IIRC, under current GOP rules, the Republican nominee must win a majority, not a plurality, of delegates in 8 states. That's not going to be easy, and it's an incentive for candidates to hang around longer than they would have under the old rules.

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/1/2016, 10:51 am

Scorpion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Right now I'm not so sure about that,but we won't really know how strong Trump is until the GOP field starts to slim down.

Seriously?  IMHO, Trump couldn't beat Sanders or Clinton, at least not in a two way race.  Same goes for Cruz.  Rubio is the guy Democrats need to worry about.  I'd really like to see Trump win in Iowa. and I think he will win in New Hampshire for sure.

Yeah,and then they go to the south where Trump will be strongest.

We saw in 2008 with Obama that people want something new. Obama was a great communicator,Trump is even better and a great showman to boot. With the exception of perhaps Hillary he's easily the smartest candidate by far,and he's new and different,which is what people seem to want  I certainly wouldn't count him out and I think you may be under estimating him.

I think the big question tonight is will Trump's voters actually show up tonight. Many,many people at his events simply went there to be entertained. If they do show up he's off and running.
Quote :

The only other candidate that has a chance, and it's looking to be a slim one at this point, is Jeb.  Christie, Carson, and Kasich are finished. So in reality, the field is already "slimmed down."  There are just 3 (or 4 if you include Bush) viable candidates at this point.
Agree but with Christie,Casron,and Kasich still in it,the vote gets diluted

Scorpion wrote:
I think that Cruz will probably get the lions share of Carson's supporters when he drops out, which will probably be after New Hampshire. Trump and Rubio (and maybe Bush) will probably split the rest of the field's supporters after New Hampshire.  If Bush stays in, I think that hurts Rubio's chances.
Agree
Scorp wrote:
IIRC, under current GOP rules, the Republican nominee must win a majority, not a plurality, of delegates in 8 states.  That's not going to be easy, and it's an incentive for candidates to hang around longer than they would have under the old rules.  
Did not know that. Thanks for educating me.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/1/2016, 11:35 am

Artie60438 wrote:

We saw in 2008 with Obama that people want something new. Obama was a great communicator,Trump is even better and a great showman to boot. With the exception of perhaps Hillary he's easily the smartest candidate by far,and he's new and different,which is what people seem to want  I certainly wouldn't count him out and I think you may be under estimating him.

Yeah. Well it's certainly true that a lot of Republicans want "something new."  I'm not underestimating him.  I just don't believe that enough swing voters would vote for Trump in November.  There are scenarios where he could sneak in, I suppose...  If Bloomberg runs as an Independent, or if (unlikely) Clinton is indicted, then all bets are off.

Artie60438 wrote:

I think the big question tonight is will Trump's voters actually show up tonight. Many,many people at his events simply went there to be entertained. If they do show up he's off and running.

I think they will show up, but the weather could play a part tonight.  If the snow storm depresses turnout, Cruz will probably eke out a win.

The guy who really needs a win tonight is Bernie!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/2/2016, 9:35 am

The only thing I learned for sure last night is that god lied to several GOP candidates.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/3/2016, 6:42 pm

Trump: I will 'probably' sue because Ted Cruz cheated in Iowa
After accusing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) of "illegally" stealing a win from the Iowa caucuses, Donald
Quote :
Trump said Wednesday that he'll "probably" sue over the results of the vote.

Trump said this in an interview on Boston Herald Radio, that was flagged by BuzzFeed.

When asked if he would file a formal complaint over the caucuses' results, Trump replied, "probably."

"What [Cruz] did is unthinkable," Trump said, later stating that Cruz was a "really fraudulent" character.

Earlier in the day, Trump fired off a raging tweetstorm accusing Cruz of cheating in Iowa. Trump even suggested the Republican Party take the unprecedented step of holding a do-over election in Iowa or nullifying Cruz's results.
Sore loserman. Beginning of the end?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/4/2016, 1:52 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

No. I don't think so.  I still expect Trump to win in New Hampshire.   Cruz could even fall to fourth.   We'll see what happens during the debate. It should be a good one.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/4/2016, 2:57 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

No. I don't think so.  I still expect Trump to win in New Hampshire.   Cruz could even fall to fourth.   We'll see what happens during the debate. It should be a good one.
The debate is must see tv. I expect Cruz to get hammered by everyone but Cruz will probably save some shots for Trump. Trump's claim that Cruz made up the Carson story is false. There was a report from CNN that Cruz may have embellished.

Trump also has an interview with 60 minutes where he would repeal and replace Obama care with a plan that covers everyone. He then was asked how it would be paid for,he replied "The government". I don't know if that's brought up in the debates yet,but it will make a great negative campaign ad.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/4/2016, 4:53 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Trump's claim that Cruz made up the Carson story is false. There was a report from CNN that Cruz may have embellished.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/yes-cruz-campaign-did-lie-about-cnn-starting-ben-carson-rumor/

Actually, Cruz National Campaign Co-Chairman Steve King of Iowa was behind it...

At 7:19 he posted this...

Rep Steve King wrote:
Skipping NH & SC is the equivalent of suspending. Too bad this information won't get to all caucus goers.

At 7:20 he posted this...

Rep Steve King wrote:
Carson looks like he is out. Iowans need to know before they vote. Most will go to Cruz, I hope.

All followed by an email to all Cruz precinct captains that Carson was "out," with instructions to encourage Carson supporters to switch to Cruz.  

It's really pretty despicable to pull a stunt like this, especially during the fucking caucuses. It was a blatant attempt to steal votes, period. Trump is correct.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/7/2016, 9:45 am

What I learned last night:
If this were a musical based on the "Wizard of OZ",Marco Rubio would have broken out the song "If I only had a brain". Christie went off on who he had been calling the "boy in the bubble" and Rubio was caught completely flatfooted. He repeated a memorized speech part 4 times in a row while the fat man pointed at him in glee and said"see...see". He was like a deer in the headlights,absolutely unable to think on is feet.The attack ads will write themselves as he drops like a rock.

Trump did ok and while he did get booed he pointed out correctly that the whole audience was comprised of donors courtesy of the RNC,so it was no surprise that the establishment candidates drew most of the applause.

Know what I thought the most reprehensible part of last night was?

Keeping Carly Fiorina off the stage despite the fact she is the only woman running and she was polling at least as well as Ben Carson and even ahead of him on Real Clear Politics. No reason to do that with only 8 real candidates left. Then they wonder why people say the system is fixed. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/7/2016, 3:14 pm

Here's my prediction for the New Hampshire Primary...

GOP

Trump
Kasich
Bush
Rubio
Cruz
Christie

Democratic

Sanders
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/7/2016, 10:46 pm

Scorpion wrote:

GOP

Trump
Kasich
Bush
Rubio
Cruz
Christie

Democratic

Sanders
I can't see both Kasich & Bush overtaking Rubio & Cruz. Maybe Kasich,but Bush certainly didn't stand out in the debate. He only got a lot of applause because of the way the RNC handed out tickets.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/8/2016, 4:10 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

GOP

Trump
Kasich
Bush
Rubio
Cruz
Christie

Democratic

Sanders
I can't see both Kasich & Bush overtaking Rubio & Cruz. Maybe Kasich,but Bush certainly didn't stand out in the debate. He only got a lot of applause because of the way the RNC handed out tickets.

My prediction wasn't based solely on the debate. In fact, this is how I had them ranked before the debate. In any case, we'll soon know...
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/10/2016, 2:53 am

Scorpion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

GOP

Trump
Kasich
Bush
Rubio
Cruz
Christie

Democratic

Sanders

My prediction wasn't based solely on the debate.  In fact, this is how I had them ranked before the debate.  In any case, we'll soon know...

Well, I was kind of close except that I underestimated Cruz, probably because I really, really, don't like the guy, and let my personal distaste for the guy color my prediction.   Still, I was right about Kasich, and also right about Bush passing Rubio, so that's something, I suppose.    

Sanders was a no brainer, but wow!  He just totally annihilated Clinton, didn't he?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/10/2016, 1:40 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

GOP

Trump
Kasich
Bush
Rubio
Cruz
Christie

Democratic

Sanders

My prediction wasn't based solely on the debate.  In fact, this is how I had them ranked before the debate.  In any case, we'll soon know...

Well, I was kind of close except that I underestimated Cruz, probably because I really, really, don't like the guy, and let my personal distaste for the guy color my prediction.   Still, I was right about Kasich, and also right about Bush passing Rubio, so that's something, I suppose.

Yeah,you're predictions were pretty much spot on,as were mine. We should team up. Who needs 538.com.right? Laughing
Scorpion wrote:
Sanders was a no brainer, but wow!  He just totally annihilated Clinton, didn't he?
Hillary is a flawed candidate. While she's more than qualified to be POTUS she just can't inspire people the way Sanders does. The only demographic she won was those 65 & older. Personally,just like in 2008 I was ready to back Hillary,but now I'm starting to inch towards Sanders. Sanders really got the young people out to vote. To coin a phrase,That's going to be "HUGE" in this election.

According to my calculations there will only be 5 people in the GOP debate on Saturday. Both Carson and Christie will be out. Should be another fun one.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/10/2016, 5:24 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
  Personally,just like in 2008 I was ready to back Hillary,but now I'm starting to inch towards Sanders.

In 2008, you seemed to have a problem with "Grampa" McCain running for president due to his age. Fast forward to 2016, and it is perfectly acceptable to you to vote for someone who is even older than McCain was at the time he ran. (And what's with this "now I'm starting to inch towards Sanders" bullshit? You've used him as your avatar for the last couple of months.)

Artie60438 wrote:
  Sanders really got the young people out to vote.

Yes, because he chucked them under the chin, sat them on his knee, and promised them candy, just like any good Grampa would do.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/11/2016, 10:58 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
  Personally,just like in 2008 I was ready to back Hillary,but now I'm starting to inch towards Sanders.

In 2008, you seemed to have a problem with "Grampa" McCain running for president due to his age. Fast forward to 2016, and it is perfectly acceptable to you to vote for someone who is even older than McCain was at the time he ran.
Sanders is in better shape physically then McCain was

Quote :
(And what's with this "now I'm starting to inch towards Sanders" bullshit? You've used him as your avatar for the last couple of months.)

My way of getting Hillary to move to the left. If a pollster were to call me I would lie to to try and achieve the same thing.
Artie60438 wrote:
  Sanders really got the young people out to vote.

Yes, because he chucked them under the chin, sat them on his knee, and promised them candy, just like any good Grampa would do.[/quote]
So tell me who you would like to see as POTUS?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/11/2016, 4:18 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

In 2008, you seemed to have a problem with "Grampa" McCain running for president due to his age. Fast forward to 2016, and it is perfectly acceptable to you to vote for someone who is even older than McCain was at the time he ran.

Then, based upon your criteria, FDR should have never been allowed to set foot (or, more accurately, to ‘set wheel’) in the White House.
Correct?

Artie60438 wrote:

If a pollster were to call me I would lie ….

Just doin’ what comes naturally.

Artie60438 wrote:

Mitch Daniels
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty2/11/2016, 10:57 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

]

Then, based upon your criteria, FDR should have never been allowed to set foot (or, more accurately, to ‘set wheel’) in the White House.
Correct?[/b][/b]
I clicked on the email link expecting a reply from Scorpion. Upon reading this my first thought was "When did he become a troll"? I then realized it was you Sleep

Artie60438 wrote:

troll wrote:
Mitch Daniels[/b][/b]
Miss playing that game,huh? Why would I possibly care who a lazy low information troll prefers?
Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next