Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty7/31/2015, 11:57 am

Fox News employees in ‘total confusion’ as their GOP debate rapidly approaches
Quote :
There is “total confusion” among high-level Fox News employees with regards to the approaching GOP primary debate on Aug. 6.

According to The Loudest Voice in the Room author Gabriel Sherman, the unprecedented role that the right-leaning TV network is playing in the candidate selection process has some at the channel reeling and accusing upper management of approaching the debate with no real plan.

“There’s total confusion about all of it. The Second Floor is making it up as they go along,” said an unnamed “Fox Personality” to Sherman, in reference to Ailes’ management suite on the second floor of Fox News headquarters.

Earlier this year, the network announced that it would be hosting the first Republican primary debate of the 2016 election season. However, only the top 10 candidates of the 17 declared contenders will be allowed to debate on the main stage.

There will be a second debate — derisively called “the kids’ table” by some — for candidates not polling high enough to make the top 10.

However, Sherman noted, Fox has not said which polls it will be using in its analysis. Different polls show certain variations.

Officials from the campaigns of both former Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Ohio Gov. John Kasich have tried to get an answer out of the network about what polls they will be consulting when forming up the debate roster. Fox has refused to tell them.

Now, both campaigns are trying to lobby Ailes — a former Nixon aide and Fox News’ CEO — to consider the polls where their candidate is scoring higher.

“Other strategists cautioned that selling Ailes too aggressively could backfire,” wrote Sherman, quoting a “longtime operative” who said, “Anyone who knows Roger knows that ain’t gonna work.”

Meanwhile, the deadline looms closer. The debate will take place at 5 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 6.
Oh my Shocked There are going to be some very colicky babies at the kids table cheers
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty8/5/2015, 1:53 pm

GOP Candidates React to Being Excluded From Primetime Debate
Quote :
With the final lineup set for the first Republican presidential debate, the lowest polling candidates are reacting to being left out of the main event.

"The idea that they have left out the runner-up for the 2012 nomination, the former four-term governor of Texas, the governor of Louisiana, the first female Fortune 50 CEO, and the 3-term Senator from South Carolina due to polling seven months before a single vote is cast is preposterous," Rick Santorum communications manager Matt Beynon said in a statement Tuesday.

Debate host Fox News announced that Santorum, who won 11 states in the 2012 GOP primary, along with Rick Perry, Bobby Jindal, Carly Fiorina, Lindsey Graham, Jim Gilmore and George Pataki, will square off ahead of the prime-time event Thursday in Cleveland, Ohio. The crowded field of 17 candidates prompted Fox to limit the main debate to the top ten highest polling candidates, as judged by five recent national polls.

"While Fox is taking a lot of heat, the RNC deserves as much blame for sanctioning this process. They should not be picking winners and losers. That's the job of the voters," Beynon added.

Donald Trump, Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, Mike Huckabee, Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Chris Christie and John Kasich made the cut for the later debate.
All in all it's gonna be an entertaining clown car with Carnival barker Trump getting the center podium. clown  The Huckster,nutso Dr Carson,and Cruz should also provide plenty of laughs. Is it too much to hope for a short rendition of Dr Seuss from Cruz? Raise your hands candidates if you believe the world was made in 7 days and global warming is just a liberal hoax. farao Then there's the fat man,Christie. Can he keep his cool or will he tell another clown to STFU?
What personally upsets me is that Rick Perry didn't make the cut. Crying or Very sad After all the money he spent on getting Smartie Pants glasses,for him not to be included is a tragedy indeed.

Looking forward to discussing the aftermath with those of us that actually watch the debate.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty8/6/2015, 6:10 pm

Just watched the kiddie car debate. All of about 2 dozen people were in the audience to witness this snoozefest. In a nutshell they all pretty much want to start wars in Iraq,Syria while ripping up the Irag deal and starting over. Blanche DuBois AKA Lindsay Graham was particularly outraged that we don't have enough troops in Iraq,Syria,and Afghanistan.

Rip up every exec order of Obama and pretty much go back to the good old days of 2008 when we were losing 800,000 jobs a month. Religious freedom,especially for christians was extremely important. Muslims? Not so much as several were openly in favor of putting mosques under surveillance Shocked I kid you not! Ricky Santorum was especially angry over the "rogue Supreme Court" that voted in favor of same sex marriage.

For those of us watching the main event tonight,good news bounce We will not go hungry.....

Quote :
From Eat24's blog

We’re not very political, but after reading a few articles on TMZ, we learned that Donald Trump (#HolaDonald) really likes to talk about Mexico. That’s why Eat24 is giving away one free taco every time Trump says the word “Mexico” during the debate.

All you need to do is watch the first GOP primary debate (Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Fox News) and wait for Mr. You’re Fired to say “Mexico.” Yup, every time (every. single. time.) Donald Trump says “Mexico,” Eat24 will post a coupon code on Twitter  @Eat24 for $5 off* your order of $10 or more on Eat24.com or the Eat24 app (#HolaDonald).
You're about to be guacamole rich.

Once you have a coupon code, feel free to order whatever you want. Fish tacos, cheese enchiladas, pupusas, chicken tamales, carne asada tacos, or maybe go crazy and get carne asada tacos AND a burrito with extra guacamole (or order a pepperoni pizza. Whatever. We believe in freedom of the belly, so it’s totally up to you).

P.S. The codes will expire Thursday 8/6 at 11:59PM PDT so make sure you use it before it turns into a pumpkin.

Based on the kiddie car debate,we're in for lots and lots of laugh. Too bad they didn't have a big crowd
cheering their insanity. Tonight there will be one.
ciao,ciao for now:D
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty8/6/2015, 6:49 pm

I only caught the last 40 minutes of the undercard debate, but from what I saw, it looked like Fiorina (VP Candidate?) and Perry both did well. But that's not saying much, because the rest of the bunch were bloody awful. Graham and Santorum were spectacularly bad. Hopefully, the main event will be more entertaining.

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty8/7/2015, 12:42 am

Scorpion wrote:
I only caught the last 40 minutes of the undercard debate, but from what I saw, it looked like Fiorina (VP Candidate?) and Perry both did well.  But that's not saying much, because the rest of the bunch were bloody awful.  Graham and Santorum were spectacularly bad. Hopefully, the main event will be more entertaining.
You pretty much summed it up. Both Perry and Fiorina were promoted during the later debate. Obvious that Roger Ailes was doing his best to bring down Trump with those first 2 questions aimed at him,running as an independant,and trying to paint him as a misogynist over a twitter fight with Rosie O'Donnel. That immediately gave it a circus atmosphere.

For a while I thought I was watching a combination of WWE and "The dating game". I thought Rubio and Kasich did well. Trump got bruised a little but I don't see it doing any major damage. Carson will probably be sent down to the minors. He seemed be in way over his head
In the end it boiled down to the same old things. Get ready for more wars,defund PP, repeal Obamacare,get rid of the IRS and cut entitlements. If they think sabre ratttling for more war in the middle east is going to win them an election they're in for a rude awakening.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty8/9/2015, 4:45 pm

Megan Kelly tried her best to kill him...but he's still ALIVE!! affraid

New NBC News/Survey Monkey Poll: Donald Trump Still in the Lead After Debates
Quote :
If Donald Trump's comments about Fox News Anchor Megyn Kelly are hurting his standing in the Republican primary, it's not showing in the numbers.

According to the latest NBC News Online Poll conducted by SurveyMonkey, Trump is at the top of the list of GOP candidates that Republican primary voters would cast a ballot for if the primary were being held right now.

The overnight poll was conducted for 24 hours from Friday evening into Saturday. During that period, Donald Trump stayed in the headlines due to his negative comments about Kelly and was dis-invited from a major conservative gathering in Atlanta.

None of that stopped Trump from coming in at the top of the poll with 23 percent. Sen. Ted Cruz was next on the list with 13 percent.

Poll Results

The only candidate that didn't come off as a lunatic John Kasich naturally went down while
Ben Carson went up. Rolling Eyes

Based on the poll...
Carly Fiorina will be getting an invite at the main table,while the
fat man,Chris Christie will be sent down to the kiddie table. Ouch,that's gonna hurt!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty8/9/2015, 6:32 pm

To be honest, I thought that Carson came off as quite likeable, and he exceeded expectations.  I don't agree with the pundits on Rubio, either.  I thought that Rubio looked really "small" on that stage.  I just can't see him as the nominee.  Walker dodged every question that he was asked, and just recited his talking points.  He comes off as slimy to me...the guy reminds me of Nixon.

IMHO, Trump's back and forth with Ms Kelly killed any remote chance he had to be the Republican nominee.  The Twitter War after the debate was even worse.  Maybe he runs third party... who the hell knows?    

Kasich won the debate easily.  He's the candidate that the Democrats should fear the most... but I felt the same way about Huntsman the last time around.  

I also thought that Bush did just fine. He seemed nervous at the outset, but I thought that he recovered well. IMHO, he's the guy to beat at this point.

The candidates that came off the craziest were Cruz (too insane), Paul (too angry), Christie (too fascist), and Huckabee (because he is crazy).  

The entire evening was just surreal.  I have to admit that it was entertaining.  But the level of craziness in the GOP never fails to amaze me.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty8/9/2015, 10:37 pm

Scorpion wrote:
To be honest, I thought that Carson came off as quite likeable, and he exceeded expectations.
I thought Carson seemed uninteresting and even weak. He never seemed to get specific,but he didn't offend anyone.
I I just can't see him as the nominee.  

Quote :
Walker dodged every question that he was asked, and just recited his talking points.  He comes off as slimy to me...the guy reminds me of Nixon.
Perfect analogy.
Quote :
IMHO, Trump's back and forth with Ms Kelly killed any remote chance he had to be the Republican nominee.  The Twitter War after the debate was even worse.  Maybe he runs third party... who the hell knows?
It didn't help him,but IMO, he clearly was being asked questions intended to take him down. Not a word to Christie on Bridgegate  for example. I think other people may have seen it in the same way and that's why his polling held up.Trying to claim a twitter war with Rosie O'Donnel makes him a woman hater? Gimme a break.
Quote :
Kasich won the debate easily.  He's the candidate that the Democrats should fear the most... but I felt the same way about Huntsman the last time around.
 Exactly my thoughts. Way,way,too decent of a guy for this lunatic crowd.
Quote :
The entire evening was just surreal.  I have to admit that it was entertaining.  But the level of craziness in the GOP never fails to amaze me.
Easily the most entertaining since Mittens wanted to bet Rick $10,000.00 on something. Trump was the reason 24,000,000 tuned in. Probably a whole lot of his reality TV fans too.
Only 38 days till the next one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty8/9/2015, 10:54 pm

Paul Krugman has good piece on the GOP candidates. He describes it perfectly with  
Quote :
Talking nonsense is what you have to do to get anywhere in today's Republican Party.
which is why someone like Kasich can't get any traction...
Krugman: With Trump, et al, can the GOP be serious? Paul Krugman says crank economic, crank science and crank foreign policy are the Republicans' new facade.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty8/10/2015, 1:21 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
To be honest, I thought that Carson came off as quite likeable, and he exceeded expectations.
I thought Carson seemed uninteresting and even weak. He never seemed to get specific,but he didn't offend anyone.
I I just can't see him as the nominee.

Oh, Hell no.  I didn't mean to imply that he was the probable nominee.  He simply exceeded my expectations, that's all.

Scorpion wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:
It didn't help him,but IMO, he clearly was being asked questions intended to take him down. Not a word to Christie on Bridgegate  for example. I think other people may have seen it in the same way and that's why his polling held up.Trying to claim a twitter war with Rosie O'Donnel makes him a woman hater? Gimme a break.

I'm not denying that Fox was over zealous regarding Trump. But it's the "bleeding from wherever" comment about Kelly that Trump made after the debate that was ugly.

Of course, Trump has already gotten away with quite a few comments that would have destroyed any other politician.  So I guess we'll see what happens going forward.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty8/11/2015, 12:27 am

Ted Cruz: Contempt for Donald Trump Supporters Will Guarantee GOP Defeat
Quote :
FRANKLIN, Tenn. — Texas Sen. Ted Cruz on Monday warned that the Republican presidential candidates who are slamming Donald Trump do so at their political peril.

Cruz’s remarks, which came during an interview with POLITICO as he swings through the South on a bus tour, are among the most detailed comments to date regarding his reluctance to criticize the real estate mogul, who is currently leading the polls in the GOP primary.

“I would … note that an awful lot of Republicans, including other Republican candidates, have gone out of their way to smack Donald Trump with a stick. Now I think that’s just foolish,” he said.

Asked why, Cruz paused and then replied, “Donald Trump had a rally in Phoenix, Ariz. [to which] between 10 and 20 thousand people came out. When you attack and vilify the people at that rally as crazies, it does nothing to help Republicans win in 2016. I’d like every single person at that rally to show up and vote in 2016, knock on doors with energy and passion, and turn this country around. If Washington politicians show contempt and condescension to those [voters,] that is a path to losing at the ballot box.”
Shrewd move on Cruz's part. Buttering up Trump supporters now to help attract them if Trump implodes.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty8/29/2015, 6:20 pm

Eager To Trump Trump, Christie Says We Should Treat Immigrants Like FedEx Packages
Quote :
Chris Christie, speaking at a town hall meeting in New Hampshire on Saturday, compared legal immigrants to FedEx packages, arguing they should be tracked continuously by the government. Christie even promised to bring in FedEx founder Fred Smith to set up the system.

“At any moment, FedEx can tell you where that package is. It’s on the truck. It’s at the station. It’s on the airplane. Yet we let people come to this country with visas, and the minute they come in, we lose track of them,” Christie said.

FedEx tracks its packages so efficiently by affixing a bar code to every package and scanning them at regular intervals.

Martin O’Malley’s campaign criticized the remarks as “dehumanizing.”

Donald Trump has taken a commanding lead in the Republican presidential primary with an extremely hard line on immigration. The other candidates have scrambled to follow his lead — embracing the slur “anchor babies,” rejecting birthright citizenship and supporting Trump’s proposal for a wall across the entire southern border.

Christie previously supported a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants. When he started running for President, he reversed his position. His remarks today appear to be an effort to further toughen up his rhetoric on the issue.
The race to the bottom continues. What say fatman? Put a tracking chip in them? Magnetic tattoos perhaps?

I love how Trump rhetoric seems to have coopted the rest of the clowns.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty10/30/2015, 6:22 pm

GOP suspends partnership with NBC News for February debate
Quote :

3 hours ago • By DAVID BAUDER AP Television Writer
Presidential campaign swirl overtakes 2015 Ohio campaigns

NEW YORK | Still annoyed by CNBC's handling of this week's presidential debate, the Republican National Committee said Friday that it was suspending its partnership with NBC News and its properties on a primary debate scheduled for February.

NBC News said it was disappointed in the development and will work to resolve the issue with the GOP.

It was unclear in the letter from RNC Chairman Reince Priebus to NBC News chief Andrew Lack whether the party would forbid NBC from televising the Feb. 26 debate and open up the broadcast rights to others. The debate was expected to be telecast on NBC and its Spanish-language partner, Telemundo.

Prebius' letter also comes amid the backdrop of the individual campaign organizations planning a meeting Sunday to air out grievances about the debate process and suggest changes — a meeting that is pointedly excluding the Republican National Committee.

Republicans were angered by what they characterized as petty, non-substantive questions by debate moderators Carl Quintanilla, Becky Quick and John Harwood designed to embarrass the candidates. Harwood asked Donald Trump whether he was running a "comic-book version of a presidential campaign."

Jeb Bush was asked to explain why his campaign was doing so poorly in the polls, Carly Fiorina was asked why Americans should hire her when she had been fired by Hewlett-Packard and Marco Rubio was asked if he should "slow down, get a few things done first" before running for president.

Prebius said candidates were also promised an opening question on economic matters; instead candidates were asked to outline their greatest weakness. He also said not enough was done to ensure candidates received relatively equal time on the air; Bush campaign officials reportedly complained to CNBC while the debate was going on that their candidate was not getting enough time. CNBC and some of the candidates also argued prior to the debate about its length.

The Trump campaign said on Friday it supported the committee's decision.

"We look forward to pursuing alternatives along with the RNC to ensure candidates are given ample opportunity to outline their vision for the future of our country," said campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks.

During a rally Thursday in Nevada, Trump suggested that Republican debate moderators be required to prove that they vote Republican. "Why should we have these people that hate everything we stand for?" he asked.

Carson campaign spokesman Doug Watts declined to comment on the RNC's decision, but said that Sunday's meeting is going forward as planned.

"Censoring the press couldn't be further from our minds," Watt said. "Dictating the questioners or the questions couldn't be further from our minds. We suggest that they be more substance-based and not gotcha-based, not trick questions, but policy- and issue-based. That's the only thing from our perspective and I believe the other campaigns'."

The campaigns have been fuming over the RNC's handling of the debates, expressing frustrations that they've been excluded from participating in discussions over their terms. The tensions boiled over in the days leading to the CNBC debate, prompting Carson and Trump's campaigns to threaten to boycott unless their demands were met.

While cutting NBC out of the process, the RNC said it still intended to have a debate that day with its other partner, the conservative National Review.

It also remains to be seen whether, barring any accommodation with the RNC, NBC might try to skirt the party and hold some sort of debate on its own.
What a bunch of fuckin crybabies. Every time these jackasses got asked a legitimate question that they didn't want to answer they attacked the moderators or simply ignored it and went on to a talking point.
A couple of examples...Rubio ignoring his personal financial problems and Cruz being asked about his tax plan. Cruz instead of answering the question used his time to bash the moderators and then got upset because they wouldn't let him go on.
The end result? A helluva lot,more Americans don't watch the debates then do watch them. All they will hear now is how the R's are crying and pouting
Well done clowns..well done indeed!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty11/2/2015, 7:52 pm

Popcorn,Peanuts,Crackerjacks the Circus has officially come to town clown cheers
Donald Trump Says He Will Negotiate His Own Debate Terms With TV Networks
Quote :
Donald Trump undercut a move by GOP candidates to wrest control of debate coordination from the RNC, saying this afternoon he would not sign their joint letter of demands for future debates. Instead, Trump said, Trumpily, every network will be negotiating with him individually. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Ohio Gov. John Kasich followed suit, saying they also would not sign the letter.
A dozen or so arrogant clowns trying to agree on something. Start poppin the popcorn bounce

Here's the latest demands:
Quote :
In a letter drafted by veteran GOP attorney Ben Ginsberg, candidates insisted networks ditch questions asking candidates raise-your-hand-if questions. That demand seems more pointed at FNC than CNBC. Opening FNC’s debate, Bret Baier had asked GOP candidates to raise their hands if they would not pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee. Trump alone raised his hand, eliciting hearty boos from the audience:

In the list of demands compiled by GOP candidates, networks also must jettison yes-or-no questions unless candidates are provided ample time to elaborate. They must agree not to broadcast reaction shots of audience members or moderators or show an empty podium after a break or describe how far away from the stage are the bathrooms. Also 86’d are shots of candidates from behind, showing they are working with notes. Networks must promise not to leave microphones on during breaks, and the hall must be kept at 67 degrees or colder.
Hey how about no shots of hands with magic marker notes written on them ala Sarah Palin.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty11/3/2015, 3:42 pm

This whole situation is really unbelievable. The GOP is so dysfunctional that they've proven that they can't run Congress... now it appears that they can't even handle the primary process.

The GOP is not going to be able to function this way indefinitely. As I've said before, it's time to bite the bullet and tell the crazies to take a hike.

Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty11/4/2015, 4:05 pm

Ted Cruz declares war on 'liberal media' — so I declare war on Ted Cruz

Quote :
Hillary Clinton was asked: Will you say anything to get elected?; Do you change your political identity based on who you’re talking to?; How can you credibly represent the views of the middle class?; Do you regret your vote on the Patriot Act?; and, on Benghazi, Should you have seen the attack coming?

Bernie Sanders was asked: How can any kind of socialist win a general election in the United States?; Do black lives matter, or do all lives matter?; and, Would you shut down the NSA surveillance program?

He was also asked this corker: “You supported the Sandinistas in Nicaragua. You honeymooned in the Soviet Union. And just this weekend, you said you’re not a capitalist. Doesn’t — doesn’t that ad write itself?”

. . .

If mainstream journalists are, as Marco Rubio said during the debate, the Democrats’ “ultimate super PAC,” then they did a lousy job for the Democrats in that debate. Of course that’s a statement I’ve backed up with facts (there I go again!), so it’s meaningless to Rubio and Cruz and company.

[The GOP has] a “Hatfields and McCoys”-like response to fact-laden questions.

It's an embarrassment to a political party. They're completely incapable of leading a country let alone a homecoming parade.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty11/4/2015, 4:11 pm

The Rude Pundit doesn't pull any punches:

Republican Candidates Are Goddamn Titty Babies About the Debates

Quote :
Check this out. It's a question to Democratic candidate Jimmy Carter during a debate with President Gerald Ford in October 1976: "Governor, by all indications, the voters are so turned off by this election campaign so far that only half intend to vote. One major reason for this apathetic electorate appears to be the low level at which this campaign has been conducted. It has digressed frequently from important issues into allegations of blunder and brainwashing and fixations on lust and Playboy. What responsibility do you accept for the low level of this campaign for the nation's highest office?"

That's a fucked up question right there. It alludes to Carter's interview with Playboy magazine, when it was still filled with nekkid womens, and Carter saying that he had committed "adultery in my heart many times" (which really just means, "Yeah, I've looked at hot people and thought, 'Damn, I'd totally tap that.'" Who among us cannot say the same?). The questioner was Robert Maynard, a barrier-breaking African American journalist and Washington Post columnist who would later own the Oakland Tribune and lead it to a Pulitzer Prize.

And what did Carter do? Did he get all huffy and bloviate about how questions like that have nothing to do with the campaign and how dare Maynard ask it and what the hell is it with all these liberal journalists and their "gotcha" questions? No, he didn't. He answered the fucking question, which is what you do.

. . .

You want something more recent? How about Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton debating during the contest for the Democratic nomination in 2008 on ABC? Here's a question that Charles Gibson asked Obama regarding the then-senator's relationship with a Chicago pastor, Reverend Jeremiah Wright (if you don't remember him, children, he was the mean Negro Christian preacher who said mean things about the United States which proved that Obama was totally a black Muslim bent on starting a race war): "[I]f you knew he got rough in sermons, why did it take you more than a year to publicly disassociate yourself from his remarks?" Obama answered the fucking question, which is what you do.

The GOP is apparently launching a war on fact checking rather than fill their list of would-be Presidents with anything other than creationists and retards.

Which is absolutely fine with me. Even Megan Kelly isn't biting, which means they've already lost.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty11/6/2015, 11:39 am

Christie, Huckabee relegated to undercard at next GOP debate
Quote :
NEWARK, N.J. | Chris Christie and Mike Huckabee have been bumped from the main stage at next week's GOP presidential debate, while George Pataki and Lindsey Graham have been cut from the lineup altogether.

Debate sponsor Fox Business Network announced the moves Thursday evening, dealing a major blow to all four candidates, particularly Christie, the New Jersey governor, and Huckabee, a former Arkansas governor, as they struggled to stand out in the crowded Republican field amid signs of momentum in states where the first primary contests will be held.

The decision underscores concerns about the pivotal role that national opinion surveys have been playing in shaping the contest for the GOP nomination. Statistically, pollsters say, there is no significant difference between candidates lumped together near the bottom of the pack in national polls, which often have a margin of error of 3 percentage points or more.

"I tell people, 'Ignore the national polls and just follow those early states,'" said Republican pollster Frank Luntz, who argues that early opinion surveys are notoriously unreliable. "Except that now national polls drive the debates, and debates drive the polling."

According to debate criteria issued by Fox Business, candidates must score 2.5 percent or higher in an average of the four most recent major polls conducted through Nov. 4 to be featured in the prime-time debate. They must hit the 1 percent mark to qualify for an undercard debate airing before the main event.

As a result of the new standards, the prime-time affair will feature eight candidates — the smallest lineup so far. Eleven candidates were featured in the party's opening primetime debate in August.

The prime-time lineup: businessman Donald Trump, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, former technology executive Carly Fiorina, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul and Ohio Gov. John Kasich. The undercard event features just four candidates: Christie, Huckabee, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal.
I'm thrilled that these crybabies wouldn't allow MSNBC to host one of their debates. Imagine the outcry if they had done this. affraid
Let the whining begin!

Last edited by Artie60438 on 11/6/2015, 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected headline link)
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty11/6/2015, 12:02 pm

This is fun:

Quote :
Me: "So what do really you think of these candidates?"

Him: "You want my unvarnished opinion?'

Me: "Please. That's why I called."

Him: "They're all nuts."

. . .

Him: "It's a disaster. I'm telling you, if either of them is elected, this country is going to hell. The rest of them aren't much better. I mean, Carly Fiorina? Really? Rubio? Please. Ted Cruz? Oh my god. And the people we thought had it sewn up, who are halfway sane -- Bush and Christie -- they're sounding almost as batty as the rest."

Me: "Who's to blame for this mess?"

Him: "Roger Ailes, David and Charles Koch, Rupert Murdoch, Rush Limbaugh. I could go on. They've poisoned the American mind and destroyed the Republican Party.

Can't disagree.

PolitiFact's tallies for the GOP frontrunners Carson and Trump are also laughable (and depressing). The GOP still has no interest in honesty or facts. Their war on the media's fact checking makes a little more sense now, considering how off the fucking rails they are.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty12/16/2015, 12:05 am

Tonight's debate was especially scary but not because these lunatics think that militant jihadists will be invading the US.

No,the really scary moments were when Tubby from NJ exclaimed that he would establish a no-fly zone over Syria,despite Russia already flying there,
and would not hesitate to shoot down their planes. affraid

Rand Paul then pointed at Christie and said "Well,if you're for WWIII there's your guy".

When they weren't talking about carpet bombing ISIS and ignoring civilian casualties it was on to Iran and then Russia. 2 hours of solid of fear and war mongering.

Oh,and I found out that the LA School bomb hoax was Obama & Hillary's fault. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty12/18/2015, 7:10 pm

Just in case you haven't seen this yet... Darth Trump is a must see!

Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty12/21/2015, 2:55 pm

It's brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty12/21/2015, 3:11 pm

Goodbye,Blanche Dubois...
Graham ends his campaign for the White House
Source: CNN  
Quote :
Senator Lindsey Graham is ending his presidential campaign, he told CNN during an exclusive interview airing Monday.  "I'm going to suspend my campaign. I'm not going to suspend my desire to help the country," the South Carolina senator said in a wide-ranging and candid discussion in which he acknowledged: "I've hit a wall here."  He is planning to make the official announcement in an email to supporters Monday morning.
Could this mean the end of the Happy hour debates and move the rest of the nutjobs into the main event? cheers
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty12/22/2015, 12:17 pm

Congratulations "Lonesome Rhodes" Trump cheers
The ‘King of Whoppers': Donald Trump He dominates our annual review of political falsehoods.
Quote :
It’s been a banner year for political whoppers — and for one teller of tall tales in particular: Donald Trump.

In the 12 years of FactCheck.org’s existence, we’ve never seen his match.It’s been a banner year for political whoppers — and for one teller of tall tales in particular: Donald Trump.

In the 12 years of FactCheck.org’s existence, we’ve never seen his match.

He stands out not only for the sheer number of his factually false claims, but also for his brazen refusals to admit error when proven wrong.

He is by no means the only one telling whoppers, of course. Once again this year there are plenty of politicians, in both parties, who hope voters will swallow their deceptive claims. Hillary Clinton, for one, said she was “transparent” about her use of a private email server, when in fact she wasn’t. That was one of the bogus claims she made about her unusual email arrangement while secretary of state.

But Trump topped them all when he claimed to have seen nonexistent television coverage of “thousands and thousands” of Muslims in New Jersey cheering the collapse of the World Trade Center towers on 9/11 — and then topped himself by demanding that fact-checkers apologize for exposing his claim as fantasy. And that’s only one example.

Here we’ve assembled, as we do every year at this time, a generous sampling of the most far-fetched, distorted or downright fallacious claims made during 2015.

In past years, we’ve not singled out a single claim or a single person, and have left it to readers to judge which whoppers they consider most egregious.

But this year the evidence is overwhelming and, in our judgment, conclusive. So, for the first time, we confer the title “King of Whoppers.”

Note: This week’s video in our fact-checking collaboration with CNN’s Jake Tapper is on the Whoppers of the Year and can be found on CNN.com.
Analysis
Trump’s Falsehoods

We won’t get into Trump’s controversial policy positions; it’s not a fact-checker’s role to offer opinions on whether it’s a good idea or a bad idea for the federal government to bar Muslims from entering the United States or to kill the families of terrorists, for example. What we focus on here are some of the many cases where he’s just wrong on the facts.

Trump CNN 12 15 2015We start with his Nov. 21 claim to have watched on television as “thousands and thousands” of Muslims in New Jersey were “cheering” the fall of the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. Multiple news organizations and the New Jersey attorney general’s office searched for evidence of public celebrations at the time of 9/11 and found none.

“Never happened,” former state Attorney General John J. Farmer, a Republican appointee who later served as a senior counsel to the 9/11 Commission, wrote in response to Trump.

In a tweet, Trump demanded an apology, citing as evidence one news story about an alleged incident that was unattributed, unverified and not televised. One of the reporters on that story said he visited the “Jersey City building and neighborhood where the celebrations were purported to have happened,” but he could “never verify that report.”

And Trump’s false claim about “thousands and thousands” of Muslims is just part of a pattern of inflammatory claims with little or no basis in fact. Here are some more — and it’s not an exhaustive list.

Trump boasted that he “predicted Osama bin Laden.” Nope. The book Trump published in 2000 mentioned bin Laden once, and predicted nothing about bin Laden’s future plans.
   Trump “heard” that Obama is “thinking about signing an executive order where he wants to take your guns away.” If so, he misheard. What Obama reportedly considered was requiring large-volume private gun dealers to conduct background checks, not confiscating firearms from those who own them.
   Trump said he “heard” the Obama administration plans to accept 200,000 Syrian refugees — even upping that wildly inaccurate number to 250,000 in another speech. Nope and nope. The number is about 10,000.
   Trump said he got to know Putin “very well” while the two were on CBS’ “60 Minutes.” Nope. The two men were interviewed separately, in different countries thousands of miles apart.
   Trump claimed his campaign is “100 percent” self-funded. Nope. At the time, more than 50 percent of his campaign’s funds had come from outside contributors.
   Trump said his tax plan is revenue neutral. Nope. The pro-business Tax Foundation estimated the Trump plan would reduce revenues to the Treasury by more than $10 trillion over 10 years, even assuming his plan would create economic growth.
   Trump told the story of a 2-year old who got autism a week after the child got a vaccine. But there’s no evidence of such a link. The study that claimed to have found a link between vaccines and autism has been exposed as an “elaborate fraud.” It was retracted five years ago by the journal that published it, and the author was stripped of his license to practice medicine in Britain.
   Trump said Mexico doesn’t have a birthright citizenship policy. It does.
   Trump claimed credit for getting Ford Motor Co. to move a plant from Mexico to Ohio. Ford says that’s baloney; it made the decision years before Trump even announced his run for president.
   Trump denied that he ever called female adversaries some of these things: “fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals.” He used all of those terms.
   Trump said in June “there are no jobs” to be had, when official statistics were showing 5.4 million job openings — the most in 15 years.
   Trump claimed economic growth in the U.S. has “never” been below zero — until the third quarter of 2015. “Who ever heard of this?” he asked. Except it’s not unheard of. Economic growth has been below zero 42 times since 1946.

Trump, Carson on 9/11 ‘Celebrations,’ Nov. 24

Trump’s bin Laden ‘Prediction,’ Dec. 2

Trump ‘Hears’ Obama Wants to Take Guns, Oct. 22

Trump Gets Refugee Numbers Wrong, Oct. 4

Facts about the Syrian Refugees, Nov. 23

Trump vs. Fiorina: Who Knows Putin Best? Nov. 11

FactChecking the CNBC Debates, Oct. 29

Is Trump’s Tax Plan Revenue Neutral? Oct. 1

FactChecking the CNN Republican Debate, Sept. 17

Trump on Birthright Citizenship, Aug. 25

Trump’s Bogus Boast on Ford, Oct. 26

Trump’s Amnesia, Aug. 11

Trump Tramples Facts, June 16

This is just a sampling of the falsehoods and exaggerations that lead us to award our “King of Whoppers” title to Trump. See our full and up-to-the-minute file on him for more.It’s been a banner year for political whoppers — and for one teller of tall tales in particular: Donald Trump.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty12/22/2015, 2:35 pm

He's Politifact's Lie of the Year, too:

2015 Lie of the Year: the campaign misstatements of Donald Trump

Quote :
It’s the trope on Trump: He’s authentic, a straight-talker, less scripted than traditional politicians. That’s because Donald Trump doesn’t let facts slow him down. Bending the truth or being unhampered by accuracy is a strategy he has followed for years.

The GOP is such a train wreck. They may split even if he wins the nomination:

Will the GOP Mount a Third-Party Challenge to Trump?

Quote :
With Trump as its standard-bearer, the GOP would suddenly be asked to rally around a candidate who has been called by his once and former primary foes “a cancer on conservatism,” “unhinged,” “a drunk driver … helping the enemy.” A prominent conservative national security expert, Max Boot, has flatly labeled him “a fascist.” And the rhetoric is even stronger in private conversations I’ve had recently with Republicans of moderate and conservative stripes.

This is not the usual rhetoric of intraparty battles, the kind of thing that gets resolved in handshakes under the convention banners. These are stake-in-the-ground positions, strongly suggesting that a Trump nomination would create a fissure within the party as deep and indivisible as any in American political history, driven both by ideology and by questions of personal character.

Indeed, it would be a fissure so deep that, if the operatives I talked with are right, Trump running as a Republican could well face a third-party run—from the Republicans themselves.

That threat, in turn, would leave Republican candidates, contributors and foot soldiers with painful choices. A look at the political landscape, the election rules and the history of intraparty insurgencies suggests that it could turn 2016, a year that offered Republicans a reasonable chance to win the White House and with it total control of the national political apparatus, into a disaster.

With Trump as the nominee, the Republican Party would face a threat to unity on several fronts. His victory would represent a triumph of an insurgent movement, or impulse, within the party. Historically speaking, this is exactly the kind of intraparty victory that guarantees political civil war.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants   2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2016 GOP POTUS Clown Car Contestants
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next