Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Creature known as "Preacher"

Go down 
+20
chuckmo48
hammonite
BigWhiteGuy
freekey1
WhitingLib
Simon
John
KarenT
BigFan
Mailman
Robin Banks
Passion
FFScott
Penguin
paul87920
UrRight
voter3
sparks
the oracle
Artie60438
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty1/30/2012, 8:34 pm

The Creature was out "sick" again today. Anyone know how long it takes to detox?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/1/2012, 5:36 pm

Day 4 and still no sign of the failed drifter and no explanation the last 2 days from T-Rex who's been taking his place. Shocked

Alcohol rehab perhaps? Just asking.

Today's show had T-Rex and the news girl Ashley co-hosting as an experiment per JED. What a refreshing change. 2 hrs of intelligent non-confrontational discussion about the right-to-work law that was implemented today. Everyone's opinion was welcomed no matter which side of the issue the caller was on and all were treated with respect. No screaming from a washed up gasbag,no one got hung up on,and half the show wasn't wasted on the idiot creature selling T-shirts or promoting his disgracebook page.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/2/2012, 4:14 am

It was great to hear some younger people call in. I think it's time to put the Preacher out to pasture and replace him with some positive broadcasting.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/6/2012, 8:40 am

hi everyone im back from vacation

someone this morning asked jed when preach would be back. jed said it was a personell issue and wouldnt discuss on air.

based on stu in the passed, id think if it was an illness jed would have mentioned it. so im guessing he said something that got him suspended....or maybe even got mad at jed and walked off himself.

anyway best as i can tell preach is on indefinate leave from the region airwaves for unspecified reasons.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/6/2012, 9:46 am

the oracle wrote:
hi everyone im back from vacation
Welcome back! Very Happy
Quote :
someone this morning asked jed when preach would be back. jed said it was a personell issue and wouldnt discuss on air.
I was just about to post on that.
Quote :
Based on stu in the past, id think if it was an illness jed would have mentioned it.
Well I'm just speculating here,but if it is an "illness" it may be of the type that gets treated in meeting rooms in church basements Wink
Quote :
so im guessing he said something that got him suspended....or maybe even got mad at jed and walked off himself. anyway best as i can tell preach is on indefinate leave from the region airwaves for unspecified reasons.
The event that seemed to trigger it is the fact that on the Friday before last,Jan 27th,Glover once again failed to show up for work and they ended up having to play "region flashbacks". He has not been on the air since. This has been a continuing pattern over the past few months with him not showing up on Fridays after a night at Freddies with his drinking buddies.

All last week T-Rex kept trying to vaguely insinuate that Glover was on "vacation" but it was obvious to me that he was just trying to cover for him. He seemed uncomfortable talking about it and it seemed to me that he might be on a Forced vacation.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/6/2012, 8:25 pm

well ive heard woerple killed on jeds show last week and even unvielled a roy dominguez impression that id love to hear on air for myself. we havent been asked but id bet i could convince woerple to do a couple of late afternoons a week with me if need be.

dont really know rex so i wont say anything bad about him, other then radio isnt easy for everyone....and very few that think its easy are very good at it for very long. the trick is being good and making it look easy.

let me just say that i hope preacher is in good health and happy. but i also would be happy if he never returned to the air.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/7/2012, 9:01 am

the oracle wrote:
well ive heard woerple killed on jeds show last week and even unvielled a roy dominguez impression that id love to hear on air for myself. we havent been asked but id bet i could convince woerple to do a couple of late afternoons a week with me if need be.
cheers cheers cheers Yes! Yes! Yes! Please call JED and see if it would be possible
Quote :
let me just say that i hope preacher is in good health and happy. but i also would be happy if he never returned to the air.
My thoughts exactly. That 2 hrs are some of the most valuable hours in the day next to morning drive. To hand it over to a clown whose only agenda is to promote himself like an on-air panhandler with schemes like selling cheap T-shirts at inflated prices is a tragedy.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/7/2012, 2:59 pm

I rarely listen to Stu's show but I happened to be in my car,tuned in,and as luck would have it someone called in specifically asking about preacher and wanting to know if he was no longer with JOB. Stu claimed he didn't know anything about it but I could tell that he was uncomfortable discussing it. He was tap dancing all over the place and I doubt he fooled anyone else.

So nobody knows anything and it's a "personnel matter" according to JED? Whatever is going on and the way they are all acting points to something embarrassing that they would rather not discuss. Drinking problem perhaps? Just speculating here.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/7/2012, 5:39 pm

maybe he was caught with a dui and got locked up?

seems theres 4 possibilities. suspended, locked up, getting the demi moore treatment for exhaustion, or on vacation.

personally id think its one of the first two.

suspended seems most likely based on what ive heard his last few shows were like. only thing favoring locked up was that his last known whereabouts were headed to freddies on thursday when he skipped the last hour of his show.

as for the other two possibilities, number 1 he doesnt come across as a guy whos looking to stop drinking. number 2 he doesnt have enough money to go out of town for 2 weeks....and if he was out of town im pretty sure an actual vacation wouldnt be a secret.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/7/2012, 7:54 pm

the oracle wrote:
maybe he was caught with a dui and got locked up?

seems theres 4 possibilities. suspended, locked up, getting the demi moore treatment for exhaustion, or on vacation.personally id think its one of the first two.
A DUI or incarceration would have probably made the papers so those are probably out.
Quote :
suspended seems most likely based on what ive heard his last few shows were like. only thing favoring locked up was that his last known whereabouts were headed to freddies on thursday when he skipped the last hour of his show.
That and the fact he's missed other shows on Friday makes me think it might be alcohol involved. I don't think the people at Freddie's would let him drive home drunk though. He cracks up his car and kills someone they'd have a lot to lose,especially since he's got a working relationship with them.
Quote :
as for the other two possibilities, number 1 he doesnt come across as a guy whos looking to stop drinking.
No,and if indeed he does have a drinking problem it's going to be extremely difficult for a phony know-it-all egomaniac like himself to overcome.
Quote :
number 2 he doesnt have enough money to go out of town for 2 weeks....and if he was out of town im pretty sure an actual vacation wouldnt be a secret.
He would have been sure to announce it and it certainly wouldn't have lasted the amount of time it has.
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/7/2012, 11:08 pm

hmmm, just noticed his facebook page can't be found, unless he made it private.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/8/2012, 7:08 am

board monkey wrote:
hmmm, just noticed his facebook page can't be found, unless he made it private.
Check again. It's still there. JED just again got asked about where he is,answered "Great Question" and then ended the call. What the hell are they hiding?
Back to top Go down
freekey1

freekey1

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/8/2012, 5:15 pm

He was on the chat board during his show hours today.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/8/2012, 6:14 pm

freekey1 wrote:
He was on the chat board during his show hours today.
Yeah,saw that. He mentioned that he had "been on the wagon" for a week.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/9/2012, 8:11 pm

Last 2 days they're not even playing his theme song anymore. Ashley Calarie did another great job today today between 4 & 6. Hit the road Glover! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/10/2012, 4:28 am

I think Ashley does a much better job than TRex. TRex is an old man living in a twenty something body. If he wants to make broadcasting a career, he needs to find a different mentor. Why pattern yourself after a failed drifter?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/10/2012, 7:00 am

sparks wrote:
I think Ashley does a much better job than TRex. TRex is an old man living in a twenty something body. If he wants to make broadcasting a career, he needs to find a different mentor. Why pattern yourself after a failed drifter?
Yeah,it's not even close. Ashley is more prepared on the issues she wants to discuss and I also think she has a much better feel for what people want to talk about.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/10/2012, 8:27 pm

Another excellent show hosted by Ashley today. Wall to wall callers,many of whom were long time listeners like "Tony from Munster" who the Creature had previously alienated.

Anyone that knows anything about radio is that most of the success of the show is the amount of people that call-in. The more people that call-in,the more people are listening,which translates into more business wanting to sponsor the show. Ashley is killing the Creature in that department!

What's even more remarkable is that she's accomplishing it without having to resort to political wedge issues or stupid contests where you win a 10.00 gift certificate if you can guess the amount the ignorant asshat paid for a package of cigarettes and a candy bar.

JED has to be listening and hearing the results for himself. Very Happy Time to pull the plug permanently on Glover if it hasn't already.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/10/2012, 8:52 pm

just a guess, but i think that may be whats happenning.
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/10/2012, 10:27 pm

Hate to sound like a pig, but Ashley is also a lot nicer to look at Twisted Evil

I still can't find the facebook page, wonder if I got blocked even though I never said anything to him.

Edit: I just checked with another Facebook account and found it there. He must have blocked me. Wonder if it has to do with Rosko?
Back to top Go down
ridgeroad runner

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/11/2012, 4:20 pm

Understandable people may not like the preacher but they listen to his show. He has built a following even if it is people that don't care for him. Preacher and Stew have good voices for radio, the rest don't. The owners do what they want to do because it is their station, but if you don't have people who want to listen to your station it's not hard to reason what they do. Advertisers listen to and I've noticed some have either left or cut back.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/12/2012, 7:50 am

ridgeroad runner wrote:
Understandable people may not like the preacher but they listen to his show. He has built a following even if it is people that don't care for him.
His following isn't as big as you think,it's just his usual self-promoting exaggerations. The only way he can get people to call in is by focusing on wedge issues or running stupid,juvenile,contests like how much he spent on a pack of cigs and a candy bar. IMO,he probably alienates more listeners than he attracts.
Quote :
Preacher and Stew have good voices for radio, the rest don't.
That has very little to do with success. For example Mark Levin,a conservative radio talk show host,has a horrible voice,yet has a very successful syndicated show.
Quote :
The owners do what they want to do because it is their station, but if you don't have people who want to listen to your station it's not hard to reason what they do.
WJOB has plenty of listeners and JIm & Alexis Dedelow should be commended for bringing it back from the dead and making it a successful.
Quote :
Advertisers listen to and I've noticed some have either left or cut back.
That's probably cyclical. For instance an advertiser who sells used cars may cut back now because January is typically a very slow month for sales. Either way ,the Preacher could not attract many advertisers on his own.

Welcome to the board,RR. I hope you'll participate in other subjects here.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/15/2012, 3:50 am

It was great to hear Stew doing the 4-6 slot today. Let's hope JED keeps Stew back in the afternoon where he belongs.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/15/2012, 9:51 pm

Ashley now has a title for her show..."Ashley's Corner". cheers The Creature was lurking in the chatroom.
I was only on for a few minutes and don't know if he posted anything but it reminded me of a whimpering dog with his nose pressed against the fence after being kicked out of the house for crapping in it one too many times Laughing
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty2/16/2012, 3:23 am

ok a person i know ran into preacher one night last week and asked him why he hasnt been on the air.

the response preacher gave?

"F jim dedelow and f wjob"

sounds to me that takes voluntary hiatus out of the equasion.

by the way bishop noll at east chicago tomarrow night. heard its going to be a highly unique broadcasting combination that some might find worth listening too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Creature known as "Preacher"
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next