Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

All things Lake Station

Go down 
+2
the oracle
paul87920
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
paul87920

paul87920

All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty1/30/2009, 4:22 pm

Go Budget Cuts!!!

This is wonderful and all, but the $35 sewer bill is still unacceptable!
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty1/30/2009, 4:24 pm

Stimulus money to fund city complex

I'm really hoping this one gets approved. It's needed.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty1/30/2009, 4:28 pm

Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty3/11/2009, 1:01 pm

Using Myspace as a tool of Harassment

Just a reminder to all to use myspace with caution.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty3/21/2009, 12:35 pm

Just wanted to share with anyone interested that the City's website is up and running finally.

http://www.lakestation.in.gov/index.html

Last edited by paul87920 on 3/21/2009, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add the link)
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty3/21/2009, 9:43 pm

Storm Sewer Drainage - In the event of standing water due to storm sewers not draining properly, or the flow of water not reaching a storm sewer drain after a storm, please contact the Street and Sanitation Department at 962-8511 or the Mayor's office at 962-2081.
Yard Clean-up/Leaf Pick-up & Storm Damage - In an effort to clean up our city, we provide paper bags for your yard clippings and leaves. The paper bags can be picked up at city hall with a valid I.D. Once the bags are full, place at the front of your property for pick-up. With our recycling efforts for our environment plastic bags will no longer be .....

Geez. Paul, sounds like that's kind of like what I wish our mayor would say...the bags cost money at Menards, Walmart, and there is so much I need to pick up in the yard, this takes the cake. If I could only pick up as many bags as I needed, instead of purchasing them, the same goes for neighbors...wow! You are lucky! I am not raking, because I finally got the tree down in front, and it would cost me a bundle to buy bags. I am waiting for a friend with a truck to remove it myself.

As far as the sewers...osh, gosh! When we have had heavy rains my whole back yard sinks, the corners are flooded, only because they haven't vacumned the drains. I've cleared the debris, but it won't go down. Here you have a mayor citing important things...it seems he so cares.

I cleaned off sewers down the block and still had back-up. Toilet takes a count to twenty to empty...imagine that, if you are in a hurry and no one else on the block cares. I think you have a great mayor. I really do.

The main thing is, people don't have the money to buy bags...and you have this mayor supplying them. In the long run, watch how many people will clean up the limbs, the leaves, knowing they don't have to spend up to ten buck-a-roos to comply.

I like your mayor!
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty3/22/2009, 1:13 am

He's on the right track, but we still have issues. Yes city hall provides those bags, but... there are still bags from last fall that have yet to be picked up. Personally I like to keep the leaves and grass clippings in my yard as it makes for a good compost.
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty3/22/2009, 11:52 am

Hammond use to supply the bags, but people were picking them up and not using them for recycling so the city stop giving them away. The bags are not expensive, about 5 bucks for a package of 4 I think at Menards.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty3/24/2009, 7:50 pm

Fire Caused Lane Closure on Toll Road

Update: They've reopened it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty3/29/2009, 11:47 am

board monkey wrote:
Hammond use to supply the bags, but people were picking them up and not using them for recycling so the city stop giving them away. The bags are not expensive, about 5 bucks for a package of 4 I think at Menards.

I found them for $.25 for 5 bags last year or the previous year at Home Depot. You can keep an eye out for them to be on sale, and especially around Earth Day. But I don't think they'll be that cheap this year, if ever again. Still you never know!
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty3/29/2009, 4:58 pm

Which brings me to the question of "composting". Are there special rules in place, if the only place to compost is at the back of your garage, which, may not be permitted?

I am a composter, but afraid of having a compost site in the back of the garage, where it is the feasible place. When composting, you can put anything, and everything green (grass cuts, green food,) and just about anything but meat. I don't want to attract animals, but is there an ordinance that spells out exactly how we can follow rules to a greener lawn and save on the other stuff? Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty3/29/2009, 6:00 pm

I know Lake Station actually has a compost site. Valparaiso does too. I'm not sure about Hammond though.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty4/1/2009, 2:34 am

FEMA giving Lake Station $700000+

$500000 of it is allocated for road repair.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty4/10/2009, 1:38 am

Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty4/11/2009, 9:10 pm

Trash Scandal

I wonder why Soderquist took this bid over a lower one? What's in it for Lake Station?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty4/11/2009, 9:10 pm

Not to mention the money we've been paying monthly now for garbage cans we have not received yet.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty9/14/2009, 7:51 am

Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty9/14/2009, 7:56 am

Post Flood Lake Station

Quote :
Another area that the mayor has been addressing is the acquisition of Riverside Mobile Home Park in the 3600 block of East 29th Avenue.

The city is eight months into a hazardous mitigation process that would allow takeover of the property, which is in a flood plain area.

The city plans to turn the property into a fishing park, he said.

The mobile park, one of the areas hard hit by the flood, only has three occupants at this time.

Personally I am glad that Riverside Mobile Home Park is going to be gone. I can't wait for that eyesore to disappear.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty10/14/2009, 11:40 am

Has anyone heard anything about the H1N1 case in Lake Station? My mom was telling me there are a few confirmed cases but I haven't read that anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty10/14/2009, 12:16 pm

paul87920 wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about the H1N1 case in Lake Station? My mom was telling me there are a few confirmed cases but I haven't read that anywhere.

This case?

Likely H1N1 flu case reported in Westville middle school

Stan Maddux, Times Correspondent | Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 12:20 pm

WESTVILLE | Schools in Westville are responding to a likely case of the H1N1 virus afflicting a middle school boy.

Superintendent Dr. James Thorne said parents were notified about the case in letters sent home with students and through automatic voice messages to telephones.

Thorne said his office was notified by the parent of the boy that he had tested positive for Type A influenza, which likely indicates the H1N1 virus, after he started feeling ill once returning home from school Friday.

"Type A could be seasonal flu but at this point they're not seeing a lot of the seasonal flu. It's more of the H1N1," Thorne said.

Thorne said parents are being advised to send their children back to school only if they have been without a fever without fever reducing medication for more than 24 hours.

"If the student is sick or has a fever please, please, please, keep them home," Thorne said.
http://nwitimes.com/news/local/porter/article_b13262d0-5a29-53dd-a723-e504d20fafcc.html
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty10/14/2009, 5:57 pm

I just recently read that people who are allergic to eggs, etc., should not be taking the vaccine.\

Most deaths that occurred while experiencing the H1N1 flu showed that those persons had underlying medical problems. (Mostly heart problems).

I just had lunch with my sister today. Three of her friends went to the hospital deathly sick after receiving the HiNi flu shot.

There is no research showing these vaccinations showing adverse affects that are occurring because of taking the vaccination. They don't report it (the sickness from taking the shot) to the disease control center. No data on that part is available.

Remember it does not guarantee if you get the shot that you won't get the flu; it only says it lessens the severity of it.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty10/14/2009, 8:02 pm

UrRight wrote:

I just had lunch with my sister today. Three of her friends went to the hospital deathly sick after receiving the HiNi flu shot.

Really? That's odd considering the shots aren't even available yet.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty10/15/2009, 4:05 pm

No this was a case from a worker at Rich's Gas Station
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty10/15/2009, 7:24 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

I'm not sure what friends, Artie. She has friends in every state. She travels everywhere. Maybe she and my sister-in-law were discussing the regular flu vaccine. I was just returning to the table while they were discussing that.

You probably are right; they may have been talking about the regular flu shot. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty10/15/2009, 7:36 pm

UrRight wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

I'm not sure what friends, Artie. She has friends in every state. She travels everywhere. Maybe she and my sister-in-law were discussing the regular flu vaccine. I was just returning to the table while they were discussing that.

You probably are right; they may have been talking about the regular flu shot. Sorry.

I don't trust them flu shots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

All things Lake Station
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next