Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

All things Lake Station

Go down 
+2
the oracle
paul87920
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
UrRight

All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/1/2009, 5:28 pm

Go figure, Paul. Locked up from 1978 and released in 2005? I wouldn't expect any skills from him, nor would anyone hire him.

That concerns me now, with the economy the way it is, these ex-convicts have more time on their hands, and less time to get re-habilitated.

There should be mandatory schooling inside the jails to prepare them for life outside of jail. Either that, or like you said, "I don't know why a guy like that ever gets out of jail."

On another note, if he comitted incest, he should be castrated. Then sent to jail forever. You can't cure a molester. They're repeat moleste Evil or Very Mad rs. Once they've been molested, they carry on that tradition.

He should be locked up for life, if he committed that crime on top of killing someone. The judge, Bradford, how can he sleep at night? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/1/2009, 5:47 pm

Men like Bradford have no problem ruining some 20 year old's life because he smoked some pot, but throw them a murder, molester, or whatever and dear God some of those perverts get out in like 4 years.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/1/2009, 9:17 pm

Say that again...I lost you on that last post. You mean, because he was I don't get this. Thought he was thrown in for murder, not pot smoking. I lost ya, hon.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/2/2009, 12:22 pm

I was just saying the way they judge which crimes are worse than others is ridiculous. It's asinine that someone who does drugs can be thrown in prison longer than a murderer, and judges do it all of the time.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/3/2009, 6:03 am

Ice Skating Rink

I like the idea. I think it's a lost art amongst my generation. My mom and dad both know how to ice skate, and I don't.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/3/2009, 6:07 am

ARW in Lake Station

Would like to mention that a friend of mine from VU who is interning at the Times wrote this.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/4/2009, 2:39 pm

CAMELOT BOWL HOLIDAY TOURNAMENT DOESN'T MENTION LAKE STATION

I'd just like to mention that the Lake Station Girls Bowling Team placed 1st in their class. It seems that the Times didn't care. I'd also like to mention that the team is currently in first place and I really think they're going to do big things this season.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/7/2009, 8:00 am

Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/7/2009, 8:08 am

http://www.post-trib.com/news/lake/1365081,lscouncil.article

A clerk fails to correct a mistake, and now the sewer fee doubles?

What's with these stupid people working for the government, not doing their job, making clerical mistakes, and making the taxpayers pay for their incompetence?

Doubling of sewer rates eyed in Lake Station

January 7, 2009

By Karen Snelling
Post-Tribune staff writer

LAKE?STATION -- The Lake Station City Council is being asked to double local sewer rates to offset a clerical mistake that could cost the city $1.44 million in property taxes.
An average sewer customer who uses 5,000 gallons of water a month would see bills rise from $21.50 to $43.25 a month under a proposal presented to the council this week by financial consultant, Umbaugh & Associates.

Mayor Keith Soderquist said a special property tax levy approved to pay down a $5.3 million bond was mistakenly omitted from Lake Station's 2008 and 2009 budgets. The city issued the bond to satisfy a 2005 court judgment the Gary Sanitary District won.

(Well, if you didn't do the job you were paid for, with the results of this magnitude, start looking for one you're actually qualified for!)
The city owed its bondholder slightly more than $722,000 at the end of 2008. Another $716,706 will be due at the end of this year.

Soderquist said he pulled money from the city's general fund to avoid defaulting on last year's bond payment.

The mayor said it's too late to do anything about the 2007 tax levy that should have been paid last year, but the city is filing an excess levy appeal for the tax money due this year.

Higher sewer rates also will generate additional operating revenue for the Lake Station sewer department to make repairs, improve infrastructure and meet other expenses, Soderquist said.

"We have to do something if we want the sewer department to be healthy," he said.

But the City Council on Monday tabled an ordinance the mayor presented to hike sewer fees.

Council President Rick Long said the panel has not had time to study the report or the proposed rate increase.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/7/2009, 8:37 am

wow... I didn't see that story. That's pretty effed up. They should find the money elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/7/2009, 9:52 am

That's a lot of money for water based on a clerical mistake!
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/10/2009, 4:47 pm

Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/13/2009, 12:45 pm

Sewer Rate Hike

Quote :
$43.25 per month

I want to know where else in this entire country is anyone paying $43.25 per month for their sewers?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/15/2009, 6:14 pm

NorthShore Grand Opening

As I've said before, Lake Station was long overdo for its own health clinic.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/15/2009, 6:16 pm

Lake Station Submits 70 Projects for Stimulus

I don't know if I like how the stimulus money is being used, but there's not much that can be done about it now so at the very least I hope Lake Station gets what it wants.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/15/2009, 6:31 pm

Drunk driver faces up to 10 years for drunk driving death

This is hideous. Absolutely hideous. Why would they broker a deal with this man?
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/18/2009, 3:19 am

Change I can believe in

Quote :
The City Council will meet in special session next Thursday to discuss cutting the city budget by more than $1 million
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/18/2009, 3:20 pm

It's unbelievable they are cutting one million, but still sticking it to the taxpayers' for outdated sewers that need to be replaced.

With Nipsco bills almost more than one third more, people out of work, food prices up, more than 2 million more job cuts expected...I have a question...

Why didn't prior mayors see that the sewers (in good economic times) be replaced?

Sounds too fishy to me, and really another blow dealt to taxpayers.

It's great if they can cut one million for Lake Station; but to stick it to the taxpayers, that shouldn't be part of the deal.

I'm trying hard to understand the logic, but it makes no sense to me to stick or add fees to an already distressed economy.

What upset me more were the comments below the article. Referring to those that are uneducated, etc.,

My brother lost his job last spring...he made well over 300,000 a year, owned his own plane. A huge company overseas bought out the company, and he was replaced by two underpaid workers doing the job he was doing. At age 54, it doesn't matter if you hold 15 degrees...a company downsizes during these times...and a college education no longer guarantees a life-time job with a pension. Unless you're a politician.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/18/2009, 5:19 pm

UrRight wrote:
It's unbelievable they are cutting one million, but still sticking it to the taxpayers' for outdated sewers that need to be replaced.

With Nipsco bills almost more than one third more, people out of work, food prices up, more than 2 million more job cuts expected...I have a question...

Why didn't prior mayors see that the sewers (in good economic times) be replaced?

Our previous mayor was Shirley Wadding. She was a 3 term mayor and for 12 years all she did was collect a paycheck, bully the elderly in Lake Park Nursing Home into voting for her, make sure her street was plowed, and get a civic center with her name on it built. Her husband fell ill during her last year as mayor so she decided not to run for a 4th term.

UrRight wrote:
Sounds too fishy to me, and really another blow dealt to taxpayers.

It's great if they can cut one million for Lake Station; but to stick it to the taxpayers, that shouldn't be part of the deal.

I'm trying hard to understand the logic, but it makes no sense to me to stick or add fees to an already distressed economy.

What upset me more were the comments below the article. Referring to those that are uneducated, etc.,

Here's the problem though. By and large the city is not educated one bit. Anytime I've ever been to a city meeting of any sort, it's the same thing. It's an angry mob of flannel-clad people hollering. I don't like it, but it's why we keep ending up with the people we end up with.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/18/2009, 6:50 pm

I think I want to be a politician. But...that would interfere with my conscious. I tend to be honest and not a thief.

But, how else to succeed but to decieve?

You see, that's the problem. Money is not the root of all evil. Greed is. I can't go against my own ethics and steal from Peter to pay myself.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/19/2009, 10:46 pm

UrRight wrote:
I think I want to be a politician. But...that would interfere with my conscious. I tend to be honest and not a thief.

But, how else to succeed but to decieve?

You see, that's the problem. Money is not the root of all evil. Greed is. I can't go against my own ethics and steal from Peter to pay myself.

I used to want to be a politician too. Since then I've realized that there are so many other ways I can work to make the city better. Having said that I can still go home and look at myself in the mirror knowing that I'm not a creep doing underhanded things. Now I'm not saying that we don't have some honest politicians, but honestly if they don't play the game they don't last long. We had a woman like that here in Lake Station. Josie Collins gave a crap about her district and the current political machine got rid of her quickly once they realized she'd stand up to them.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/19/2009, 10:52 pm

Eminent Domain

This is wonderful news. That park is/was full of drug dealers, those mobile homes were in horrid shape before hand, and as the article stated it's in an easily flooded area. I won't lie Soderquist wanted them out before the flood for reasons mentioned above, but I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/19/2009, 11:05 pm

http://www.nwi.com/articles/2009/01/19/news/lake_county/doc18bdff58b1829fb686257543000a97bf.txt

Quote :
The City Council will host a work session at City Hall on Thursday to discuss several important issues, including a possible doubling of residential sewer rates, Mayor Keith Soderquist said.

The work session will be at 5 p.m., he said

I might pull out the old flannel and go scream at the mayor too. LOL!
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/20/2009, 5:01 pm

Taking over trash collection

I don't know how we're going to do this if Lake Station cannot get bank financing this time. I certainly hope we get a better deal.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty1/22/2009, 5:12 pm

Child Molester gets 6 years

Why does this creep only get 6 years? disgusting ass piece of shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Lake Station   All things Lake Station - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

All things Lake Station
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next