Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama's Inaugural Address

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Obama's Inaugural Address - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address - Page 2 Empty1/21/2009, 3:06 pm

party42 wrote:
Of course he was. Just setting Ohmama straight. Smile

That's Ohhmama to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address - Page 2 Empty1/21/2009, 3:10 pm

I dunno now, I watched it twice and I pretty much recall that Obama was 1) jumping the gun and cutting off Roberts and 2) he didn't recite it correctly. I heard somewhere this morning (sorry can't remember where) that even certain scholars were saying that he may just want to recite the oath again because it's the one thing in the constitution that needs to be recited- and done so correctly. If that's true or not I dunno... still kinda funny.. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address - Page 2 Empty1/21/2009, 3:17 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address - Page 2 Empty1/21/2009, 3:38 pm

LOL, it's a draw- but Obama flubbed first Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address - Page 2 Empty1/21/2009, 4:03 pm

Ohhmama wrote:

Oh...you aren't really gonna go there?! Don't you have some homework to do missy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address - Page 2 Empty1/21/2009, 4:20 pm

party42 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

Oh...you aren't really gonna go there?! Don't you have some homework to do missy.

Yes, unfortunately Sad
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address - Page 2 Empty1/23/2009, 7:37 pm

Personally, I thought the speech was excellent. I've seen almost all of his speeches, and one of the things that impressed me the most about this one was how "tight" the rhetoric was...

Quote :
What is required of us now is a new era of responsibility - a recognition, on the part of every American, that we have duties to ourselves, our nation, and the world, duties that we do not grudgingly accept but rather seize gladly, firm in the knowledge that there is nothing so satisfying to the spirit, so defining of our character, than giving our all to a difficult task.

This is the price and the promise of citizenship.
Powerful stuff!
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address - Page 2 Empty1/24/2009, 8:45 am

LucyVP wrote:
Sorry Big White Guy, most of the most memorable, and historic speeches were not inaugural speeches. JFK was the exception. Besides, who said anything about "memorable"? You are the one that is interjecting the adjective. And finally, the topic of this thread did not indicate that it was a critique of content.
I am the one who said JFK's inaugural address was memorable. And it was. Personally, I wasn't aware that our expressed opinions were to conform to your strict criteria. If I wish to express my opinion to a thread, and you disagree, say so, otherwise, move on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama's Inaugural Address
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2