Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Positive Reception For Obama Address

Go down 
+3
KarenT
Scorpion
Artie60438
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty
PostSubject: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty2/24/2009, 10:46 pm

Meanwhile I hear that Bobby Jindal's pathetic response didn't go over too well at the Fake News Channel.....

CBS News and Knowledge Networks held a nationally representative poll of approximately 500 people who watched President Obama give his address to Congress to gauge their reaction in the minutes after the president’s speech.

Though the results are not yet final, here are the preliminary findings.

Seventy-nine percent of speech watchers approve of President Obama’s plans for dealing with the economic crisis. Before the speech, 62 percent approved.

Fifty-two of speech watchers think the president's economic plans will help them personally. Thirty-five thought so before the speech.

Seventy-five percent of speech watchers now say they were able to get a good understanding of Barack Obama’s economic plans, compared to 61 percent before the speech.

Seventy-three percent of speech watchers think President Obama’s plans will make the economy better. Twelve percent think they will make them worse, while 15 percent think they will make no difference.

Seventy-nine percent of speech watchers are optimistic about the next four years with Mr. Obama as president. Seventy-one percent said they were optimistic before the speech.
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/02/24/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4826615.shtml
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty2/25/2009, 12:35 am

You forgot to mention that of those 500 people 499 were employed by CBS news and the last one was from ACORN and was there to tell everybody else how they should answer the questions. Razz

Woe! I see they also found 34 Republicans to be in their poll too just so they could claim it was bipartisan. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty2/25/2009, 12:15 pm

Mirage wrote:
You forgot to mention that of those 500 people 499 were employed by CBS news and the last one was from ACORN and was there to tell everybody else how they should answer the questions. Razz

Woe! I see they also found 34 Republicans to be in their poll too just so they could claim it was bipartisan. Laughing

Yeah, well for the record, here is the breakdown by party affiliation from the poll referenced in the article that Artie posted...

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/AddresstoCongress2009.pdf

Quote :
As is often the case in Presidential addresses, Americans who watched the speech tonight were more likely to be from the President’s political party – 38% were Democrats, 26% were Republicans and 36% were independents.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty2/25/2009, 7:18 pm

Pretty close numbers - 38 to 36 percent.

KarenT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty2/27/2009, 11:51 am

Scorpion wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Yeah, well for the record, here is the breakdown by party affiliation from the poll referenced in the article that Artie posted...

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/AddresstoCongress2009.pdf

Quote :
As is often the case in Presidential addresses, Americans who watched the speech tonight were more likely to be from the President’s political party – 38% were Democrats, 26% were Republicans and 36% were independents.

Yea well any poll conducted by CBS News is already highly suspect. It has about as much credibility as the New York Times anymore.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty2/27/2009, 11:57 am

Mirage wrote:

Yea well any poll conducted by CBS News is already highly suspect. It has about as much credibility as the New York Times anymore.

Would you care to cite any polls that you prefer?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty2/28/2009, 9:39 pm

Obama Approval Rating Increases to 67% Had dropped to 59% prior to his Tuesday congressional address

PRINCETON, NJ -- In the days immediately after Barack Obama's nationally televised address to Congress on Tuesday night, his public support has increased significantly to 67% in Feb. 24-26 Gallup Daily polling, and is now just two points below his term high. This comes on the heels of a term-low 59% reported by Gallup on Tuesday.
Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/1/2009, 8:32 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Obama Approval Rating Increases to 67% Had dropped to 59% prior to his Tuesday congressional address

PRINCETON, NJ -- In the days immediately after Barack Obama's nationally televised address to Congress on Tuesday night, his public support has increased significantly to 67% in Feb. 24-26 Gallup Daily polling, and is now just two points below his term high. This comes on the heels of a term-low 59% reported by Gallup on Tuesday.
Very Happy cheers
...and the Dow-Jones average went down, how many points?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/1/2009, 9:29 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Very Happy cheers

BWG,Are you one of those Repubs that's hoping he fails?
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/1/2009, 10:46 am

Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Very Happy cheers

BWG,Are you one of those Repubs that's hoping he fails?
I'm not hoping he fails, I'm just waiting for the bullshit to end. That's all.
Every time this clown opens his mouth, the Dow falls another 100 to 200 points.
Wish he'd just S.T.F.U.

An approval rating means what? I still love my Barack Obama? Approval ratings are baseless, and useless.
If I stood in the office and opened my mouth and bullshit came out, I'd be on my ear.
And, as I said before, I have NO political affiliation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/1/2009, 1:47 pm

Some people just don't take to change very well.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/1/2009, 7:45 pm

party42 wrote:
Excuse me? Change? What god damned change? The only change I've seen is the Cast of Characters.
For all the promises and pledges this guy made, and the money he's spent, I don't see any change.
And you'd be lying if you said you see any. Granted, he's only been in office a little over a month,
but, the public and especially Wall Street are not receptive of this guy at all. The only people that
approve of his performance are the ones that voted for him and are reluctant to admit they've made
a mistake. Change? Well, maybe in four years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/1/2009, 10:37 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
party42 wrote:
Excuse me? Change? What god damned change? The only change I've seen is the Cast of Characters.
For all the promises and pledges this guy made, and the money he's spent, I don't see any change.
And you'd be lying if you said you see any. Granted, he's only been in office a little over a month,
but, the public and especially Wall Street are not receptive of this guy at all. The only people that
approve of his performance are the ones that voted for him and are reluctant to admit they've made

This guy has only been in office for 39 days. What do you think he should be doing that he isn't? The stock market has been falling 100-200 points every day for the past 5 months. It will rally for a couple of days and then start falling again for several. That has been the way it is for the past 5 months!

This President has a plan for infrastructure, schools, health care. It may not be the plan you want but at least it is a plan. What kind of plan did Bush and the Rep. have? What kind of plan do the Rep. have right now? The answer to both of the questions is NONE. The past 8 years were spent by the last admin. dealing with the biggest mess ever called IRAQ. This country was left for dead by this last President and now you want change but not Obama's change?

Give it some time. You'll see change for the better.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/2/2009, 7:57 am

party42 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:
party42 wrote:

This guy has only been in office for 39 days. What do you think he should be doing that he isn't? The stock market has been falling 100-200 points every day for the past 5 months. It will rally for a couple of days and then start falling again for several. That has been the way it is for the past 5 months!

This President has a plan for infrastructure, schools, health care. It may not be the plan you want but at least it is a plan. What kind of plan did Bush and the Rep. have? What kind of plan do the Rep. have right now? The answer to both of the questions is NONE. The past 8 years were spent by the last admin. dealing with the biggest mess ever called IRAQ. This country was left for dead by this last President and now you want change but not Obama's change?

So the solution is to print money until we run out of ink? In 39 days this guy has spent over 1.5 TRILLION dollars on plans that have no structure. Just today it was announced that we are throwing 38 BILLION more to AIG. Your children and grandchildren have a very bleak future. This mess should have (and will eventually) be handled with tax cuts to the taxpayers and small businesses. That is the root of the stimulus. NOT handouts.

P.S. Another thing that hasn't CHANGED: Blaming George W. Bush for messing up your lives. Your Democratic Congress had a hand in it too.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/2/2009, 8:18 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
This mess should have (and will eventually) be handled with tax cuts to the taxpayers and small businesses. That is the root of the stimulus. NOT handouts.

It is. Did you forget that 95% of Americans will be getting a tax break under Obama?
Quote :

P.S. Another thing that hasn't CHANGED: Blaming George W. Bush for messing up your lives. Your Democratic Congress had a hand in it too.[/b][/color]

What legislation did the Dem congress pass that helped cause this?
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/2/2009, 8:19 am

And yet, another example of BHO CHANGE...
Quote :
Obama will sign spending bill despite earmarks
By PHILIP ELLIOTT, Associated Press Writer Philip Elliott, Associated Press Writer Mon Mar 2, 4:20 am ET

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama will break a campaign pledge against congressional earmarks and sign a budget bill laden with millions in lawmakers' pet projects, administration officials said.

Administration budget chief Peter Orszag and White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel both downplayed the $410 billion spending bill and signaled Obama would hold his nose and sign it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090302/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_spending
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/2/2009, 8:21 am

Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:
This mess should have (and will eventually) be handled with tax cuts to the taxpayers and small businesses. That is the root of the stimulus. NOT handouts.

It is. Did you forget that 95% of Americans will be getting a tax break under Obama?
Quote :

P.S. Another thing that hasn't CHANGED: Blaming George W. Bush for messing up your lives. Your Democratic Congress had a hand in it too.[/b][/color]

What legislation did the Dem congress pass that helped cause this?
$13 a week is NOT a tax cut. It is a joke.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/2/2009, 8:29 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Quote :
By PHILIP ELLIOTT, Associated Press Writer Philip Elliott, Associated Press Writer Mon Mar 2, 4:20 am ET

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama will break a campaign pledge against congressional earmarks and sign a budget bill laden with millions in lawmakers' pet projects, administration officials said.

Administration budget chief Peter Orszag and White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel both downplayed the $410 billion spending bill and signaled Obama would hold his nose and sign it.

That's last years business and plenty of those earmarks came from Repubs.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/2/2009, 8:40 am

Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Quote :

That's last years business and plenty of those earmarks came from Repubs.
But, no effort will be made to postpone the earmarks. Does it really matter whose earmarks they are? They will still go through.
Same old shit.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/2/2009, 9:36 am

No,It's not the SOS. This bill was from last year. Meanwhile,the 2 major bills that passed this year,economic stimulus act and children's health care had no earmarks. I see a lot of progress there regarding earmarks.
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/2/2009, 11:04 am

Last year's business or not, if it isn't right then don't sign it. Send it back to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/2/2009, 12:37 pm

Robin Banks wrote:
Last year's business or not, if it isn't right then don't sign it. Send it back to be fixed.
Exactly my point. BHO had 39 days (maybe 40 by now) to say, "Nancy! We gotta git this pork outa here!" But then Nancy says, "Barry! Just shut up and sign it. There ain't time."
We all know who's pullin' on BHO's strings now, don't we.

Rolling Eyes "Last year's bill. Why are we signing it now?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/2/2009, 2:30 pm

ho- hum..hope, change, change, blah, blah, blah....

Same sad song, same sad dance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/2/2009, 5:28 pm

party42 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:
party42 wrote:

So tell me, how much time should we give Barry to see these wonderful changes take place? Another month, 6 months, a year, two years, 4 years????
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty3/2/2009, 5:41 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
party42 wrote:

So tell me, how much time should we give Barry to see these wonderful changes take place? Another month, 6 months, a year, two years, 4 years????

Well let's see....How long did it take Bush to completely screw up the country? Going by that failure's legacy I think we'll start seeing some progress about 9 months into office. That's about the same time we were attacked while he ignored warnings from a PDB. All in all it should take at 2 terms,since that's how long Bushbaby served.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Positive Reception For Obama Address   Positive Reception For Obama Address Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next