Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama quote

Go down 
+3
happy jack
Artie60438
BigWhiteGuy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty1/29/2009, 10:46 am

. . . lobbyists won't find a job in my White House . . .
- Barack Hussein Obama, President and liar
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty1/29/2009, 4:41 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:

8000 employees and 12 are lobbyists. Sometimes you have to give waivers if you're going to hire the best person for the job. Overall,Obama is keeping his promise.
Back to top Go down

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty1/29/2009, 4:44 pm

ROFLMAO
Nah, it's call "hypocritical"....

Sheesh you'd be all over Bush's arse if this happened under his administration...
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty1/29/2009, 5:06 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

8000 employees and 12 are lobbyists. Sometimes you have to give waivers if you're going to hire the best person for the job. Overall,Obama is keeping his promise.
How would you feel if someone was responsible for hiring 8000 child day-care providers, and 'only' 12 of them were molesters? Would you be OK with that?
Hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty1/29/2009, 5:17 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

How would you feel if someone was responsible for hiring 8000 child day-care providers, and 'only' 12 of them were molesters? Would you be OK with that?
Hypocrite.

Another one of your warped analogies that doesn't deserve a reply.
Back to top Go down

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty1/29/2009, 5:45 pm

yet you still did.

Just admit it's a hypocritical move on Obama's part.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty1/30/2009, 7:33 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

Hypocrite.

No, it does deserve a reply. It's not my fault that you have the inability to formulate one.

... lobbyists won't find a job in my White House . . .

And may I add hypocrite ... both of you.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty1/30/2009, 8:22 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

No, it does deserve a reply. It's not my fault that you have the inability to formulate one.

Try doing some research.....
Quote :

“They are not going to dominate my White House,” Obama said at a rally in this town northeast of Des Moines.

Lobbyists can work in an Obama administration — just not for two years in an area related to their work as lobbyists, according to the candidate’s proposal released earlier this year.

Quote :
“They are not going to run my White House,” Obama said in New Hampton. “And they won’t drown out the voices of the American people.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty1/30/2009, 9:48 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Quote :

“They are not going to dominate my White House,” Obama said at a rally in this town northeast of Des Moines.

Lobbyists can work in an Obama administration — just not for two years in an area related to their work as lobbyists, according to the candidate’s proposal released earlier this year.

Quote :
“They are not going to run my White House,” Obama said in New Hampton. “And they won’t drown out the voices of the American people.

So if 12 lobbyists are acceptable, why not 13?
So if 13 are acceptable, why not 14?
So if 14 are acceptable, why not 15?
So if 15 are acceptable, why not 500?
What is the Magic Number?
(And, by the way, what is the Magic Plan?)
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty1/30/2009, 7:54 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

OK. I did.

http://www.barackobama.com/2007/11/03/remarks_of_senator_barack_obam_30.php

One year from now, we have the chance to tell all those corporate lobbyists that the days of them setting the agenda in Washington are over. I have done more to take on lobbyists than any other candidate in this race - and I've won. I don't take a dime of their money, and when I am President, they won't find a job in my White House. Because real change isn't another four years of defending lobbyists who don't represent real Americans - it's standing with working Americans who have seen their jobs disappear and their wages decline and their hope for the future slip further and further away. That's the change we can offer in 2008.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty1/30/2009, 10:39 pm

“They are not going to run my White House,” Obama said in New Hampton. “And they won’t drown out the voices of the American people.”
December 15, 2007
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty1/31/2009, 6:23 am

Artie60438 wrote:
“They are not going to run my White House,” Obama said in New Hampton. “And they won’t drown out the voices of the American people.”
December 15, 2007

One year from now, we have the chance to tell all those corporate lobbyists that the days of them setting the agenda in Washington are over. I have done more to take on lobbyists than any other candidate in this race - and I've won. I don't take a dime of their money, and when I am President, they won't find a job in my White House. Because real change isn't another four years of defending lobbyists who don't represent real Americans - it's standing with working Americans who have seen their jobs disappear and their wages decline and their hope for the future slip further and further away. That's the change we can offer in 2008.

What part of the highlighted portion above do you find to be ambiguous or open to interpretation? Or is lying just a small part of the Big Plan?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty1/31/2009, 9:02 am

He changed his position to include a very small amount of well qualified people. Big deal! Overall it's a huge step up from previous administrations.

When he starts appointing Arabian Horse Association executives to jobs like heading FEMA,get back to me.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty1/31/2009, 9:50 am

Artie60438 wrote:
He changed his position to include a very small amount of well qualified people. Big deal!

Pardon me, Artie, but aren’t lobbyists the lowest life form in existence? They certainly seemed to be when you wrote this:

http://www.northwestindiana.com/discussionforum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3638&p=41263&hilit=republican+lobbyist&sid=1563dc9fcc615f411c80d452ecde43cd#p41263

Artie60438 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Lobbyists bankrolling McCain's campaign

[size=150]According to Public Citizen, McCain's campaign is supported by 76 fundraising bundlers who are either current or former lobbyists, more than double that of any other candidate of either party who has run for president this election cycle.[/size]
Indeed, in a July 16 article, The New York Times reported that McCain "released an updated list of his top money collectors on Tuesday, revealing that nearly a fifth of those who have brought in the largest amounts for him, more than $500,000 each, are lobbyists or work for firms that engage in lobbying."
http://tinyurl.com/6heu92

Thanks again for proving what a world class hypocrite you truly are.

The facts about Grampa McBush suck,don't they?

And incidentally, Artie; which is the more egregious offense:

A: Allowing lobbyists to help out with one’s campaign (as McCain did), where the lobbyists are in no position of power, or …

B: Placing lobbyists within one’s own administration (as the Messiah has done), where (since they are, according to you, low-life scum unable to keep themselves from wrongdoing) they are in a position to abuse the power they have and actually do some real damage to the American people?

Back to top Go down

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty1/31/2009, 6:15 pm

So I guess Daschle shouldn't be working in anything related to health care, after all, he was a lobbyist for the health care industry wasn't he?
Back to top Go down

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty2/2/2009, 1:05 pm

The best was how he issued an executive order banning them, then turned around a few days later to "exempt" a few to get jobs.

CHANGE indeed. All that has CHANGEd so far, is the source of the stink eminating from DC.

Maybe its time for San Fran to CHANGE the name of the treatment plant again, and name it in honor of #44
Back to top Go down

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty2/2/2009, 4:48 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
He changed his position to include a very small amount of well qualified people. Big deal!

Pardon me, Artie, but aren’t lobbyists the lowest life form in existence? They certainly seemed to be when you wrote this:

http://www.northwestindiana.com/discussionforum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3638&p=41263&hilit=republican+lobbyist&sid=1563dc9fcc615f411c80d452ecde43cd#p41263

Artie60438 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[size=150]According to Public Citizen, McCain's campaign is supported by 76 fundraising bundlers who are either current or former lobbyists, more than double that of any other candidate of either party who has run for president this election cycle.[/size]
Indeed, in a July 16 article, The New York Times reported that McCain "released an updated list of his top money collectors on Tuesday, revealing that nearly a fifth of those who have brought in the largest amounts for him, more than $500,000 each, are lobbyists or work for firms that engage in lobbying."

A: Allowing lobbyists to help out with one’s campaign (as McCain did), where the lobbyists are in no position of power, or …

B: Placing lobbyists within one’s own administration (as the Messiah has done), where (since they are, according to you, low-life scum unable to keep themselves from wrongdoing) they are in a position to abuse the power they have and actually do some real damage to the American people?

I'm honestly surprised Artie hasn't commented to this... hmmm. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty2/2/2009, 6:00 pm

Ohhmama wrote:

Artie60438 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

I'm honestly surprised Artie hasn't commented to this... hmmm. Rolling Eyes[/quote]

Do you honestly think that none of those 76 lobbyists wouldn't have found jobs in a McCain Administration? You think they were just helping out McCain for the fun of it? The difference here is that McCain was completely surrounded by them whereas Obama has but a few.

McCain had more lobbyists than any other Presidential candidate. You can read about here. http://mediamatters.org/items/200802260009
Back to top Go down

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty2/2/2009, 6:04 pm

So you admit that it's okay for Obama but would not have been for McCain?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty2/2/2009, 6:22 pm

Ohhmama wrote:

How many lobbyists overall does Obama employ? It's progress,not perfection.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty2/2/2009, 6:24 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Do you honestly think that none of those 76 lobbyists wouldn't have found jobs in a McCain Administration?
Well, Artie, I guess we'll never know the answer to that question, will we?
But one thing we do know, indisputably and fo' sho', is what the Messiah said concerning lobbyists:

" …and when I am President, they won't find a job in my White House."

And one other thing we know, indisputably and fo' sho', is that the Messiah was lying through His teeth when He said that.

Back to top Go down

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty2/2/2009, 6:27 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

How many lobbyists overall does Obama employ? It's progress,not perfection.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty2/2/2009, 6:27 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
It's progress,not perfection.
Is that the talking point the kos krowd is using now? Can't wait to see what they (and you) are going to come up with to rationalize the Daschle fiasco.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty2/2/2009, 11:20 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
It's progress,not perfection.
Is that the talking point the kos krowd is using now? Can't wait to see what they (and you) are going to come up with to rationalize the Daschle fiasco.

Personally, I think that Daschle is toast. At this point, it would be best if he stepped aside.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty2/3/2009, 4:15 am

Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

tom daschle worked for lobbiest in the health industry as recently as 2 months ago. today he is nominated to be on the cabinant in charge of health and human services.

william lynne his number 2 man at the defense dept is a former lobbyist for ratheon.

william corr tabbed as daschles deputy? lobbied last year as an anti tobacco advocate.

there is more too. the ap has it all in this story printed today

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090203/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_reform_promises_2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Obama quote Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama quote   Obama quote Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama quote
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next