Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama's Inaugural Address

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scorpion

Scorpion

Obama's Inaugural Address Empty
PostSubject: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/20/2009, 10:07 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 1:03 am

I haven't watched an inaugural event since 1981. It's 85% bs anyway.
Anyway, our economy isn't "failed," although it is going through a down cycle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 6:34 am

Failed economy? Multiple millions of people are going to work at this hour.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 7:05 am

MarshallLaw wrote:
Failed economy? Multiple millions of people are going to work at this hour.
"Failed economy" was not in his speech. This is one of the quotes from his speech.
That we are in the midst of crisis is now well understood. Our nation is at war, against a far-reaching network of violence and hatred. Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age. Homes have been lost; jobs shed; businesses shuttered. Our health care is too costly; our schools fail too many; and each day brings further evidence that the ways we use energy strengthen our adversaries and threaten our planet.

I thought it was a well written speech delivered by a superb orator. I was also impressed by the fact that Barack wrote the speech himself.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 7:58 am

I liked this line...

Quote :
To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history; but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 8:07 am

And for the first time in history, a President used the word Muslim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 8:13 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:

Obama's Inaugural Address Obama-muslim
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 8:40 am

ML88 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

You're going to keep dredging up those ridiculous pictures? How well did that work out for you in the election? :rolfcry:
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 9:11 am

Here is one of the sections of the address where Obama used the word Muslim. Later in his address,he directed remarks toward terrorists.I have posted both sections. His words are inspiring,to say the least.

To the Muslim world, we seek a new way forward, based on mutual interest and mutual respect. To those leaders around the globe who seek to sow conflict, or blame their society's ills on the West - know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy. To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history; but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist.
Further in the address,Obama said
We are the keepers of this legacy. Guided by these principles once more, we can meet those new threats that demand even greater effort - even greater cooperation and understanding between nations. We will begin to responsibly leave Iraq to its people, and forge a hard-earned peace in Afghanistan. With old friends and former foes, we will work tirelessly to lessen the nuclear threat, and roll back the specter of a warming planet. We will not apologize for our way of life, nor will we waver in its defense, and for those who seek to advance their aims by inducing terror and slaughtering innocents, we say to you now that our spirit is stronger and cannot be broken; you cannot outlast us, and we will defeat you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 10:10 am

ML88 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

I liked this part of the speech. Some on this board might want to really think about what this means.

To those leaders around the globe who seek to sow conflict, or blame their society's ills on the West - know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 10:18 am

[quote="BigWhiteGuy"]And for the first time in history, a President used the word Muslim.[/quot]

No but President Bush came pretty close when he said this during his speech in Jan. 2005.......

That edifice of character is built in families, supported by communities with standards, and sustained in our national life by the truths of Sinai, the Sermon on the Mount, the words of the koran, and the varied faiths of our people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 12:17 pm

sparks wrote:

To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history; but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist.

This part can't bode well for the existing Lake County political structure, can it?

Of course, more than forty years of various degrees of corruption say he's wrong, at least locally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 12:27 pm

He sure cleaned up Illinois, didn't he?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 1:46 pm

Bill B wrote:
He sure cleaned up Illinois, didn't he?

Exactly what are you referring to?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 1:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 2:19 pm

I for one was very disappointed. His speech was really a dud.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 2:20 pm

Face wrote:
What did you want to hear him address that he didn't bring up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 2:22 pm

I recorded it since I was working at the hospital during the inauguration and did want to see it. I was surprised to see the way he flubbed the oath, but in a way thought it was somewhat sweet cuz it seemed like he was nervous.. but then I thought- crap what if HE GETS THAT 3 AM CALL????? Will he flub then too?? Shocked

I'll tell ya what- the speech was great at getting me to fall asleep last night- thanks Obama! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 2:23 pm

sparks wrote:
Face wrote:
How about the major problem in this country, ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS?
Back to top Go down
Face

Face

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 2:24 pm

I had no real expectations, execpt for the fact when he speaks, he does it well. I thought the speech had hit most of what he wanted to, but I don't feel it had the conviction that he normally speaks with. I have a feeling it was because he wrote the whole speech himself. Just didn't seem to have the "spark" that he speaks with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 2:25 pm

sparks wrote:
Face wrote:

Did you see Stewart's show how he compared Obama's speech to that of Bush's? Sounded curiously familiar...UH-OH, BUSH ALL OVER AGAIN!!

hahahahahaahahahahahaa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 3:01 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
I recorded it since I was working at the hospital during the inauguration and did want to see it. I was surprised to see the way he flubbed the oath, but in a way thought it was somewhat sweet cuz it seemed like he was nervous.. but then I thought- crap what if HE GETS THAT 3 AM CALL????? Will he flub then too?? Shocked

I'll tell ya what- the speech was great at getting me to fall asleep last night- thanks Obama! Very Happy

He was very nervous but he is not the one that flubbed. It was the Chief Justice that flubbed and it's been on the news all day. Turn CNN or any other news channel on and you will see what I mean.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 3:02 pm

party42 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

He was very nervous but he is not the one that flubbed. It was the Chief Justice that flubbed and it's been on the news all day. Turn CNN or any other news channel on and you will see what I mean.

Was Justice Roberts not allowed to be nervous too?
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 3:03 pm

LucyVP wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:
Did you see Stewart's show how he compared Obama's speech to that of Bush's? Sounded curiously familiar...UH-OH, BUSH ALL OVER AGAIN!!
It was simply and inauguration speech. Why do you think I didn't consider content? The only real purpose of the speech is to thank all the people who helped get that newly sworn in person to that podium, and to energize the American people.
Sorry Lucy, past inaugural speeches were very memorable. Remember John F. Kennedy's "ask not what your country can do for you . . . . blah, blah, blah . . .?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty1/21/2009, 3:05 pm

ML88 wrote:
party42 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

Was Justice Roberts not allowed to be nervous too?

Of course he was. Just setting Ohmama straight. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Inaugural Address   Obama's Inaugural Address Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama's Inaugural Address
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next