Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trayvon Martin Death Investigation

Go down 
+5
chuckmo48
Scorpion
edge540
KarenT
sparks
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty6/18/2012, 6:26 pm

happy jack wrote:

Please - either explain how I am "carrying the water for a murderer that stalked and shot an unarmed teen", or stop lying and STFU.
Your choice.
Sleep
Scorpion wrote:
To me. it just seems that Jack is more interested in arguing meaningless semantic points with Artie than actually engaging in a detailed discussion of the issues.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty6/18/2012, 6:30 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Please - either explain how I am "carrying the water for a murderer that stalked and shot an unarmed teen", or stop lying and STFU.
Your choice.
Sleep
Scorpion wrote:
To me. it just seems that Jack is more interested in arguing meaningless semantic points with Artie than actually engaging in a detailed discussion of the issues.

In other words, you can't.
Why not just say so?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty6/21/2012, 5:03 pm

Whose side will you take in this case, Artie?
The victim, Mr. Flores, or the murderous father?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-texas-beating-20120618,0,5653449.story

Beating death of daughter's alleged molester is ruled homicide

By Molly Hennessy-Fiske
June 18, 2012, 9:41 a.m.

HOUSTON -- Investigators have released the name of a man beaten to death June 9 in central Texas when a father allegedly caught him molesting his 5-year-old daughter.
Jesus Mora Flores, 47, of Gonzales, Texas, was an "acquaintance" of the father who had come to help care for some horses at a barn near rural Shiner, Texas, about 130 miles west of Houston, according to statements released by the Lavaca County sheriff's and district attorney's offices to the Los Angeles Times.
The 23-year-old father, whose name has not been released, was working on a horse and was barbecuing shortly before 3:43 p.m. that Saturday when someone alerted him that his daughter had been carried off to a secluded area by Flores, officials said.
The father heard the girl scream, and ran in that direction. He found Flores on top of his child, pulled him off and began hitting him in the head and neck, according to the district attorney's statement.
Someone called 911 to report the incident, and paramedics who responded found Flores' body lying in a pasture near the barn, his underwear down, according to the sheriff's statement. They performed CPR, but could not detect a heartbeat; Flores was pronounced dead at the scene by a justice of the peace at 4:50 p.m., officials said
An autopsy by the Travis County medical examiner's office found that Flores died from "blunt force head and neck injury," and the death was ruled a homicide, according to preliminary results released to The Times by Lavaca County Justice of the Peace Alene Lyons.
Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon said evidence at the scene and witness statements supported the father's account of the incident. He said the father was "distraught" and "very remorseful" and did not intend to kill Flores.
"Despite the other factors involved, this is still a homicide investigation," Harmon said in the statement.
The investigation, assisted by the Texas Rangers, included a physical exam and interview with the girl, according to the district attorney's statement.
"Sheriff Harmon made the right decision in not arresting the father at the time of the incident," Lavaca County Dist. Atty. Heather McMinn said.
Harmon said a grand jury will consider this week what, if any, charges the father will face.
"This case has been very traumatizing on the child, her father and his entire family. I'm thankful the investigation is complete and that the district attorney will be presenting it to a grand jury," the sheriff said in the statement.
It was not clear when the special grand jury will convene; the next regularly scheduled grand jury for the area was not expected to meet until July, McMinn's staff said.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty6/21/2012, 5:39 pm

happy jack wrote:
[b]Whose side will you take in this case, Artie?
I'm gonna go with Off-Topic. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty6/21/2012, 10:29 pm

happy jack wrote:

Thankfully it ended the way it did, preventing Mr. Flores from claiming he was just "standing his ground"...
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty6/22/2012, 11:35 am

Does George Zimmerman's Story Add Up?
Quote :
In a four-page written statement to police on February 26, the night of the shooting (see the document below), Zimmerman says Martin "circled his vehicle" and then disappeared into the darkness as Zimmerman spoke to a police dispatcher on his cell phone. When the dispatcher asked him for his location, Zimmerman wrote in the statement, "I could not remember the name of the street so I got out of my car to look for a street sign."

His stated reason for exiting his vehicle may not be implausible, but it's certainly odd: After all, Zimmerman had lived in the Retreat at Twin Lakes, a small gated community, for many years. And he was a leader of its Neighborhood Watch program; prior to the night he killed Martin, he'd called the police no less than 46 times since 2004 to report alleged incidents in the neigborhood. This is a guy who now doesn't recognize which street he's on in his neighborhood?
Rolling Eyes

Quote :
Also eyebrow-raising is Zimmerman's recollection of the violence that took place after he exited his vehicle. In the written statement, Zimmerman describes reaching for his cell phone to dial 911 as Martin accosts him, comes at him, and punches him in the face. "I fell backwards onto my back," Zimmerman wrote. "The suspect got on top of me."

But in his reenactment at the scene, filmed the day after the shooting by police investigators, Zimmerman describes moving forward after Martin punches him in the face, not falling onto his back. "I think I stumbled," he tells investigators, gesturing forward with his right hand from the spot where he says Martin punched him. "I fell down, he pushed me down, somehow he got on top of me."

An investigator then asks, "On the grass or on the cement?"

Zimmerman points and walks forward about six paces, the camera following him, as he responds: "It was more over towards here. I think I was trying to push him away from me, and then he got on top of me somewhere around here, and that's when I started screaming for help."

Experts see inconsistencies in Zimmerman's account of his encounter with Martin
Quote :
Criminal defense lawyers who reviewed the video for The Associated Press and have no connection to the case said there were some parts that didn’t add up.

Zimmerman claimed Martin confronted him after the neighborhood watch leader had given up searching for him and was walking back to his truck. But there doesn’t appear to be a place to hide in the area where Zimmerman says Martin suddenly appeared, Orlando defense attorney David Hill pointed out.

Zimmerman’s injuries also don’t appear to be consistent with the severity of the attack he described, Hill said.

Attorney Blaine McChesney said he found parts of Zimmerman’s re-enactment difficult to envision, such as his account of how he was able to reach for his gun with Martin on top of him. Zimmerman said he got on top of Martin after the shooting to restrain him.

“I also find it strange that Zimmerman would have attempted to use both his arms to hold Martin facedown, re-holstering his firearm, given those circumstances,” McChesney said. “Once out from under Martin’s alleged attack, it would have been more logical to hold Martin at gunpoint from a few feet away until police arrived.”

He asked Zimmerman to explain why he doesn’t have bruises on his body or broken ribs. The two dozen punches Zimmerman claims he took are “not quiet consistent with your injuries,” Sereno said.

The detective also questioned how Zimmerman could claim he was yelling for help when he also said Martin was smothering him. Sereno pointed out that Zimmerman has offered two explanations for getting out of his car: to look at street signs to give the dispatcher directions and to follow Martin.

For reasons that are still unclear, Zimmerman kept up his pursuit even though a dispatcher told him not to.
As Ricky Ricardo would say..."Georgie....You got some "splaining" to do" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty6/22/2012, 2:34 pm

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Thankfully it ended the way it did, preventing Mr. Flores from claiming he was just "standing his ground"...

Really?
Are you sure that the father is not just a racist who hates Mexicans?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty6/27/2012, 7:25 pm

Man gets 40 years in stand-your-ground case
Quote :
A man who claimed Texas' version of a stand-your-ground law allowed him to fatally shoot a neighbor after an argument about a noisy party was sentenced Wednesday to 40 years in prison for murder.

Raul Rodriguez, 46, had faced up to life in prison for the 2010 killing of Kelly Danaher. He will be eligible for parole in 20 years.
cheers
And now for a little Karma.....
Police: 'Stand your ground' defendant shot dead in Miami
Quote :
MIAMI — A man who won a controversial ruling under Florida's "stand your ground" self-defense law three months ago was fatally shot when he got caught in the crossfire of a gang shooting, police and local reports said today.

Greyston Garcia, 26, was driving home from his convenience store job late Tuesday when gunfire erupted between gang members, The Miami Herald and local TV stations reported.

Officer Kenia Reyes said a bullet struck Garcia, causing him to crash. He appears to have been an innocent victim and died en route to the hospital, she said. Also killed was 16-year-old Ron Jones, who was found lying in the street.

Reyes wouldn't confirm details of the shooting, but the Herald, citing investigators, said Jones had been involved in the gunfight.

Last January, Garcia was in his apartment in Miami's Little Havana district when he saw Pedro Roteta stealing a stereo from his truck. Garcia grabbed a kitchen knife and chased after Roteta for about a block. When Garcia caught up to him, surveillance cameras caught Roteta swinging a bag containing the stereos at him. Authorities said Garcia fatally stabbed Roteta in the chest, picked up the bag of stereos and then went home and went to sleep. He then hid the knife and sold two of the stereos.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty6/29/2012, 12:52 pm

No immediate ruling on bond for Trayvon Martin shooter; judge needs to weigh evidence
Quote :
SANFORD, Fla. - A U.S. judge is not immediately ruling on bond for the neighbourhood watch volunteer who killed unarmed black teen Trayvon Martin. That means George Zimmerman remains in jail in a case that set off national protests.

The judge on Friday did not indicate when he might make a decision.

The judge revoked Zimmerman's $150,000 bond earlier this month when prosecutors told the judge Zimmerman and his wife misled the court about how much money they had.
Strangest bond hearing ever. It took about 3 hrs and they were actually arguing evidence. The defense wanted to put the murderer on the stand but not have him subject to cross-exam.That did not go over too well with the judge who denied the request. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty6/29/2012, 12:59 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
The defense wanted to put the murderer on the stand but not have him subject to cross-exam.
You say "murderer", I say defendant.
To-may-to, to-mah-to, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty6/29/2012, 4:22 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
The defense wanted to put the murderer on the stand but not have him subject to cross-exam.
[b]You say "murderer", I say defendant.
How about we split the difference and just agree on "killer"?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty6/29/2012, 6:37 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
[b]You say "murderer", I say defendant.
How about we split the difference and just agree on "killer"?
There's never been any dispute that Zimmerman killed Martin.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty6/30/2012, 8:52 am

Glad you two could finally find something to agree on.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty7/1/2012, 11:52 am

Study: ‘Stand your ground’ laws result in an additional 4 to 7 killings per month

Quote :
A working paper (PDF) released this week with the National Bureau of Economics Research found that states that have passed controversial “Stand Your Ground” laws, such as the one George Zimmerman is using as his defense to charges that he killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Florida this February, actually ended up seeing more homicides after the laws were passed.

Doctoral student Chandler B. McClellan and Professor Erdal Tekin at Georgia State University decided to test the claim that such laws were “making America safer.”

“Our evidence and certainly some other studies floating around out there find that these laws don’t work in the way they were intended to work,” McClellan said in an interview with Raw Story. “What we do see is a net increase in deaths.”

Passing such laws “with no evidence to back up the logic can lead to unintended results, which is what we see here. We have informed the public policy debate with this,” McClellan said.

Using homicide data from 2006 to 2008, the years after a wave of legislatures passed such laws in 2006, the researchers found that “Stand Your Ground” laws, which provide protection for deadly use of force in self-defense in a public place, results in a “significant increase in the number of homicides among whites, especially white males.” The results are found to be specific to “Stand Your Ground” laws and the effect doesn’t extend to other laws passed in the interest of self-defense.

“According to our estimates, between 4.4 and 7.4 additional white males are killed each month as a result of these laws. We find no evidence to suggest that these laws increase homicides among blacks,” the researchers write in the paper. “Our findings raise serious doubts against the argument that Stand Your Ground laws make America safer.”

“At least some of the people getting killed are bystanders, which is more than enough to raise serious concerns about these laws,” Professor Tekin told Raw Story. He said in research they’re prepping for a published journal article that includes more recent data, they’re actually finding their results will show a stronger effect on net deaths as more data is included.

From the paper itself:

Quote :
The controversies surrounding Stand Your Ground laws have recently captured the nation’s attention. Since 2005, eighteen states have passed laws extending the right to self-defense with no duty to retreat to any place a person has a legal right to be, and several additional states are debating the adoption of similar legislation. Despite the implications that these laws may have for public safety, there has been little empirical investigation of their impact on crime and victimization. In this paper, we use monthly data from the U.S. Vital Statistics to examine how Stand Your Ground laws affect homicides. We identify the impact of these laws by exploiting variation in the effective date of these laws across states. Our results indicate that Stand Your Ground laws are associated with a significant increase in the number of homicides among whites, especially white males. According to our estimates, between 4.4 and 7.4 additional white males are killed each month as a result of these laws. We find no evidence to suggest that these laws increase homicides among blacks. Our results are robust to a number of specifications and unlikely to be driven entirely by the killings of assailants. Taken together, our findings raise serious doubts against the argument that Stand Your Ground laws make America safer.

So, like most Republican/conservative policies, it has nothing to do with making us safer, or improving any aspect of this country in anyway, or helping the American people. Nope. Pure bullshit ideology, all the way, evidence be damned.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty7/1/2012, 12:04 pm

Just some minor collateral damage,right Gun nuts?
Stand Your Ground Laws Caused ‘Net Increase In Deaths’
Quote :
A second academic study, previewed in a working paper released this week, shows that among the unintended consequences of Stand Your Ground laws is a “net increase in deaths,”
according to Raw Story
Quote :
“Our findings raise serious doubts against the argument that Stand Your Ground laws make America safer,”
the authors wrote. Using homicide data from 2006 to 2008, the study by Georgia State University’s Chandler McClellan and Erdal Tekin, found that “between 4.4 and 7.4 additional white males are killed each month as a result of these laws” in states that have adopted them. Tekin told Raw Story: “At least some of the people getting killed are bystanders, which is more than enough to raise serious concerns about these laws.” The analysis mirrors another recent study from Texas A&M University.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty7/5/2012, 2:12 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

cheers Gee? Why would someone have a second passport? Hello Evidence of intention to flee!!!
No, it is not evidence of intention to flee.
It is now. Very Happy The Judge in the case agrees with me 100%.

Judge Sets $1 Million Bond For Trayvon Martin's Killer, "[This] Is Not A Punishment"
Quote :
Today, a Florida judge reportedly set a $1 million bail bond for George Zimmerman, the man who killed 17 year-old Trayvon Martin, in an attempt to keep him in the United States.

If released on bail, Zimmerman would also have to submit to electronic monitoring.

Quote :
A Florida judge today set a $1 million bond for George Zimmerman, who is charged with killing Trayvon Martin, saying he set the substantially higher bail amount out of concern that Zimmerman might try to flee the country. USA TODAY's Yamiche Alcindor reports that Circuit Court Judge Kenneth Lester ordered that Zimmerman remain in Seminole County and submit to electronic monitoring at his own expense. Zimmerman would be required to put up 10% to be freed. It was not immediately clear how long it would take for him to leave jail. (USA Today)
Despite raising his bond by $850,000, Judge Lester claims it is not to punish Zimmerman.

Quote :
"It appears to this court that .. the money only had to be hidden for a short time for him to leave, if the defendant made a quick decision to flee," Lester wrote. The defense attorney Mark O'Mara "presented no evidence to negate the court's impression that the movement of funds and false testimony was to aid and assist the defendant in fleeing the jurisdiction." He said it looked to him that the only reason Zimmerman didn't make a run for it, was because he was tethered to an electronic monitoring device. His plans, Lester said, "were thwarted." "The increased bond is not a punishment," Lester added. "It is meant to allay the court's concern that the defendant intended to flee the jurisdiction and a lesser amount would not ensure his presence in court." (Miami Herald)
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty7/5/2012, 3:39 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
The Judge in the case agrees with me 100%.

Yes, he was just waiting on pins and needles for you to offer your very learned opinion before he rendered his verdict. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty7/5/2012, 6:49 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
The Judge in the case agrees with me 100%.

[b]Yes, he was just waiting on pins and needles for you to offer your very learned opinion before he rendered his verdict.
Yeah well,My opinion was right on the money while yours was as usual,dead wrong.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty7/16/2012, 2:04 pm

A woman who lived in fear for her whole life as a result of the actions of this monster comes forward...
George Zimmerman Family Friend Says He Molested Her For More Than A Decade
Quote :
A woman with close ties to George Zimmerman and his family told investigators that members of Zimmerman’s family were boastfully proud racists and that for more than a decade Zimmerman sexually molested her.

“It started when I was six,” the woman told investigators during an interview on the morning of March 20. “We’d all lay in front of the TV and we had pillows and blankets and he would reach under the blankets and try to do things and I would try to push him off but he was bigger and stronger and older,” the woman said, audibly weeping in the Florida State Attorney's Office interview recording released Monday. “It was in front of everybody and I don’t know how I didn’t say anything, I just didn’t know any better.”

The woman, identified in various reports and in taped interviews with investigators as witness 9, said that from the age of six to 19 Zimmerman repeatedly fondled her, at times penetrating her vagina with his finger.

The woman told investigators that she was coming forward when she did because she thought that Zimmerman might have shot and killed Trayvon Martin because he was black, and that she finally felt safe enough to make a report when Zimmerman had gone into hiding after the shooting.

“This is the first time in my life that I’m not afraid of him,” the woman said. “[H]e cant get to me. If I saw him on the street or saw him anywhere it would just make me break down in tears, but now with everything going on I know that he’s not going to be out in public. I won't go to Target and see him anymore. I’m not afraid of him anymore.”

The molestation continued for years during visits between the families, she said. The Zimmermans lived in Virginia and moved down to Florida -- where the woman lived with her family -- not long after George Zimmerman graduated from high school. The last incident occurred in Lake Mary, Fla., where Zimmerman had moved into a house owned by his family ahead of their arrival from Virginia.

“It's not just me that he did these things to,” she said. The witness said that she talked to another woman who she claims was also molested by Zimmerman, but would not come forward.

The woman’s statements are part of the latest trove of evidence released by the State Attorney’s Office, which is handling Zimmerman’s second-degree murder case. Zimmerman is charged with Martin’s February 26 killing in Sanford, Fla. Other evidence released Monday includes nearly 150 jailhouse calls made to and from George Zimmerman.

Zimmerman’s defense attorney, Mark O’Mara, has argued that witness 9’s statements should not be released and that because her testimony would not be introduced at trial, it was irrelevant. Some of the racial implications made by the witness, he said, could likely cause “widespread hostile publicity.”

But Seminole County Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. issued an order in late June outlining which records prosecutors must release, and named witness 9’s statements.

Witness 9 first made an anonymous call to law enforcement and shortly thereafter met with investigators with the State Attorney's Office. The revelations of alleged sexual molestation were buttressed by the woman's belief that Martin's race may have played a role in his killing by Zimmerman.

“I was afraid that he may have done something because the kid was black,” the witness told investigators. “Because growing up they’ve always made, him and his family have always made statements that they don’t like black people if they don’t act like white people. They like black people if they act white and other than that, they talk a lot of bad things about black people.”

The woman said that Zimmerman’s Peruvian mother was among the more boastfully racist of the clan.

“His mother protested it very loud,” the woman said. During one incident, the woman said that Zimmerman’s mother had come to the witness’s workplace, and during a discussion about President Obama, made it clear how she felt about him and his ethnicity.

“I don’t like Obama,” the woman claimed Zimmerman’s mother stated. “She said, 'because he is black and I am a racist.'”

“I have a black girl that works right behind me and I’m like, what, are you just, let's go, and I kind of just swept her in the back,” the woman recalled. “I can’t believe that she stood there so loud and proud and said that she was a racist.”

The woman's interview is the second testimony in the past week in which people familiar with Zimmerman’s family have intimated that the group harbored negative racial views.

Last week, in another release of evidence which included dozens of interviews conducted by the FBI during its investigation into whether or not racial bias might have played a role in Martin’s killing, an ex-fiancé of Geroge Zimmerman’s said that Zimmerman’s mother resented her because she wasn’t white.

The woman, who described herself as being of Puerto Rican and Argentinean descent, said that Zimmerman's mother would talk openly about her racial views.

Zimmerman's mother would often talk about "marrying into white families in order to improve one's status," she said.

Witness 9 said that her family and the Zimmermans were close and that they would take family trips together and would visit each other’s home at least once a year.

On one occasion, when she was about 12 years old and Zimmmerman a few years older, she said that Zimmerman made her look at and rub on his penis not long after he’d had some sort of surgery on it.

Other times she said that he would take her behind the window curtains in the living room and kiss and fondle her.

Before each encounter he would give her a look, she said.

“Every time that we would go up there I could just look at him and he would give me a certain look and I would know if it was going to happen,” the woman told investigators. “He just got this look in his eye ...”

After each encounter the woman said that Zimmerman would tell her not to tell anyone, to say that the two were just playing or laying down if anyone got suspicious or asked.

“I was a kid, I didn’t know any better,” the woman said. The last encounter happened when the woman was 19, she said. By then Zimmerman had moved to Florida, not long before his parents followed. That time, Zimmerman demanded that she lay down on the bed to receive a massage. Fearful, she said she did, but when he bent close to kiss the side of her face, his erect penis pressed up against her. At that moment she decided to run, she said. Zimmerman chased her to the front door.

“I was scared of what else was going to happen,” she said.

“With him, he like, he was a different person to me. He was very intimidating and the fact that he made everyone love him and made everyone laugh and be so happy around him, I knew if I said anything he would just deny it,” she said.

Meanwhile, George Zimmerman remains out of the public eye and in a safehouse after his release from the Seminole County Jail on July 6 on $1 million bond.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty7/17/2012, 12:34 pm

Just like the killer and child molester Zimmerman,his lawyer gets caught lying and trying to smear the victim....
George Zimmerman’s Attorney Smears Molestation Accuser: Falsely Claims She Tried To Sell Story To People Magazine
Quote :
When a cousin of George Zimmerman, the killer of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, accused him of sexual molestation, Zimmerman’s lawyers were dismissive of the charge. Defense attorney Mark O’Mara immediately attempted to discredit the young woman, telling the Miami Herald she tried to sell her story to People magazine.

The Miami Herald reporter checked with People and tweeted today, “People magazine tells me Zimmerman’s cousin never approached them for money or a story.”
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty7/17/2012, 9:02 pm

Might be time for this lawyer to cut bait and send the alleged child molester and documented killer on his way....
Jail call says defense attorney knew about Zimmerman’s hidden
Quote :
Jail call says defense attorney knew about Zimmerman’s hidden money

Defendant George Zimmerman, accused of shooting Trayvon Martin, sits with his attorney Mark O'Meara, left, during a bond hearing in Seminole circuit court in Sanford, Florida, Friday, June 29, 2012. (Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel/MCT)
In the roughly 37 hours George Zimmerman spent talking on the phone during his first stint in jail, there are several minutes that could land his defense attorney in hot water.

One call suggests defense lawyer Mark O’Mara knew from the start that tens of thousands of dollars in donations had begun pouring in to help Zimmerman.

In a phone call recorded April 14 between Zimmerman and brother-in-law Scott Wilson, the two discuss the new defense lawyer and the attorney’s vision for an upcoming bond hearing. Zimmerman twice said that he told O’Mara that he tried to transfer $37,000 from his online legal defense fund site, but could not complete the transaction because PayPal rules prevent transfers larger than $10,000.

But in court later at Zimmerman’s bond hearing, O’Mara told the judge his client was broke.

O’Mara told The Herald that he does not recall the conversation Zimmerman referred to and would not risk his law license lying to the court.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty7/18/2012, 12:52 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
A woman who lived in fear for her whole life as a result of the actions of this monster comes forward...
Quote :
A woman with close ties to George Zimmerman and his family told investigators that members of Zimmerman’s family were boastfully proud racists and that for more than a decade Zimmerman sexually molested her.

“It started when I was six,” the woman told investigators during an interview on the morning of March 20. “We’d all lay in front of the TV and we had pillows and blankets and he would reach under the blankets and try to do things and I would try to push him off but he was bigger and stronger and older,” the woman said, audibly weeping in the Florida State Attorney's Office interview recording released Monday. “It was in front of everybody and I don’t know how I didn’t say anything, I just didn’t know any better.”

The woman, identified in various reports and in taped interviews with investigators as witness 9, said that from the age of six to 19 Zimmerman repeatedly fondled her, at times penetrating her vagina with his finger.

The woman told investigators that she was coming forward when she did because she thought that Zimmerman might have shot and killed Trayvon Martin because he was black, and that she finally felt safe enough to make a report when Zimmerman had gone into hiding after the shooting.

“This is the first time in my life that I’m not afraid of him,” the woman said. “[H]e cant get to me. If I saw him on the street or saw him anywhere it would just make me break down in tears, but now with everything going on I know that he’s not going to be out in public. I won't go to Target and see him anymore. I’m not afraid of him anymore.”

The molestation continued for years during visits between the families, she said. The Zimmermans lived in Virginia and moved down to Florida -- where the woman lived with her family -- not long after George Zimmerman graduated from high school. The last incident occurred in Lake Mary, Fla., where Zimmerman had moved into a house owned by his family ahead of their arrival from Virginia.

“It's not just me that he did these things to,” she said. The witness said that she talked to another woman who she claims was also molested by Zimmerman, but would not come forward.

The woman’s statements are part of the latest trove of evidence released by the State Attorney’s Office, which is handling Zimmerman’s second-degree murder case. Zimmerman is charged with Martin’s February 26 killing in Sanford, Fla. Other evidence released Monday includes nearly 150 jailhouse calls made to and from George Zimmerman.

Zimmerman’s defense attorney, Mark O’Mara, has argued that witness 9’s statements should not be released and that because her testimony would not be introduced at trial, it was irrelevant. Some of the racial implications made by the witness, he said, could likely cause “widespread hostile publicity.”

But Seminole County Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. issued an order in late June outlining which records prosecutors must release, and named witness 9’s statements.

Witness 9 first made an anonymous call to law enforcement and shortly thereafter met with investigators with the State Attorney's Office. The revelations of alleged sexual molestation were buttressed by the woman's belief that Martin's race may have played a role in his killing by Zimmerman.

“I was afraid that he may have done something because the kid was black,” the witness told investigators. “Because growing up they’ve always made, him and his family have always made statements that they don’t like black people if they don’t act like white people. They like black people if they act white and other than that, they talk a lot of bad things about black people.”

The woman said that Zimmerman’s Peruvian mother was among the more boastfully racist of the clan.

“His mother protested it very loud,” the woman said. During one incident, the woman said that Zimmerman’s mother had come to the witness’s workplace, and during a discussion about President Obama, made it clear how she felt about him and his ethnicity.

“I don’t like Obama,” the woman claimed Zimmerman’s mother stated. “She said, 'because he is black and I am a racist.'”

“I have a black girl that works right behind me and I’m like, what, are you just, let's go, and I kind of just swept her in the back,” the woman recalled. “I can’t believe that she stood there so loud and proud and said that she was a racist.”

The woman's interview is the second testimony in the past week in which people familiar with Zimmerman’s family have intimated that the group harbored negative racial views.

Last week, in another release of evidence which included dozens of interviews conducted by the FBI during its investigation into whether or not racial bias might have played a role in Martin’s killing, an ex-fiancé of Geroge Zimmerman’s said that Zimmerman’s mother resented her because she wasn’t white.

The woman, who described herself as being of Puerto Rican and Argentinean descent, said that Zimmerman's mother would talk openly about her racial views.

Zimmerman's mother would often talk about "marrying into white families in order to improve one's status," she said.

Witness 9 said that her family and the Zimmermans were close and that they would take family trips together and would visit each other’s home at least once a year.

On one occasion, when she was about 12 years old and Zimmmerman a few years older, she said that Zimmerman made her look at and rub on his penis not long after he’d had some sort of surgery on it.

Other times she said that he would take her behind the window curtains in the living room and kiss and fondle her.

“Every time that we would go up there I could just look at him and he would give me a certain look and I would know if it was going to happen,” the woman told investigators. “He just got this look in his eye ...”

After each encounter the woman said that Zimmerman would tell her not to tell anyone, to say that the two were just playing or laying down if anyone got suspicious or asked.

“I was a kid, I didn’t know any better,” the woman said. The last encounter happened when the woman was 19, she said. By then Zimmerman had moved to Florida, not long before his parents followed. That time, Zimmerman demanded that she lay down on the bed to receive a massage. Fearful, she said she did, but when he bent close to kiss the side of her face, his erect penis pressed up against her. At that moment she decided to run, she said. Zimmerman chased her to the front door.

“With him, he like, he was a different person to me. He was very intimidating and the fact that he made everyone love him and made everyone laugh and be so happy around him, I knew if I said anything he would just deny it,” she said.

Meanwhile, George Zimmerman remains out of the public eye and in a safehouse after his release from the Seminole County Jail on July 6 on $1 million bond.

If it is shown that any laws were broken in this case, then Zimmerman should be charged and tried accordingly. Unfortunately, however, this case has zero bearing on whether any of his actions in the Martin shooting were illegal.
Incidentally, there is nothing in this article that, if true, would categorize Zimmerman as a "child molester". The only incidents mentioned places them both as minors, or both as adults.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty7/18/2012, 1:21 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Quote :

The molestation continued for years during visits between the families, she said.

Incidentally, there is nothing in this article that, if true, would categorize Zimmerman as a "child molester". The only incidents mentioned places them both as minors, or both as adults.
Are you out of your freaking mind? Zimmerman started molesting her when she was SIX and it continued until she was 19 Evil or Very Mad Since he was a "few years older" then her,at some point he was over the age of consent and or an adult and was till molesting her. That makes him a child molester and sexual predator.

Nice to see you still defending this monster. Real classy. pig And you wonder why in the past I've referred to Zimmerman as "your hero"?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty7/18/2012, 1:42 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Quote :

The molestation continued for years during visits between the families, she said.

Are you out of your freaking mind? Zimmerman started molesting her when she was SIX and it continued until she was 19 Evil or Very Mad Since he was a "few years older" then her,at some point he was over the age of consent and or an adult and was till molesting her. That makes him a child molester and sexual predator.

Nice to see you still defending this monster. Real classy. pig And you wonder why in the past I've referred to Zimmerman as "your hero"?
First of all, I'm not defending anyone; I'm merely pointing out facts. Nowhere in the article is it claimed that she was molested while he was an adult and she was a minor, which is the criteria for classifying someone as a child molester. Absent that, they were either playing doctor, or they were both adults. I'm not saying that she wasn't molested while he was an adult and she was a minor, only that it has yet to be claimed or demonstrated.
In any event, this case has zero bearing on whether any of his actions in the Martin shooting were illegal.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty7/18/2012, 2:16 pm

happy jack wrote:

Absent that, they were either playing doctor, or they were both adults.
Just curious.
So does jack find it acceptable for a 9 year old or a 12 year old girl playing doctor with a boy that is a few years older?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trayvon Martin Death Investigation
Page 16 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next