Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trayvon Martin Death Investigation

Go down 
+5
chuckmo48
Scorpion
edge540
KarenT
sparks
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty
PostSubject: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/28/2012, 7:25 pm

New Police Video Shows George Zimmerman Unscathed On Night Of Trayvon Martin Shooting
Quote :
ABC News has obtained exclusive video of Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman on the night he shot the Florida teenager, speaking to police. While there is no audio, the video is key evidence, particularly to a public without access to police records other than what has been revealed, because Zimmerman appears healthy and unscathed, when a police report surfacing (and his attorney) claimed Martin had injured Zimmerman’s nose and skull.

The video shows police taking Zimmerman, handcuffed, out of the police car and speaking with him for some time calmly. Zimmerman’s face is visibly unharmed and, even moreso, his skull appears unscathed despite the fact that his attorney Craig Sonner, told Anderson Cooper he had a wound that almost needed stitches. ABC News explains:

Quote :
The surveillance video, which was obtained exclusively by ABC News, shows Zimmerman arriving in a police cruiser. As he exits the car, his hands are cuffed behind his back. Zimmerman is frisked and then led down a series of hallways, still cuffed.
Zimmerman, 28, is wearing a red and black fleece and his face and head are cleanly shaven. He appears well built, hardly the portly young man depicted in a 2005 mug shot that until a two days ago was the single image the media had of Zimmerman.
The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose, and after medical attention it was decided that he was in good enough condition to travel in a police cruiser to the Sanford, Fla., police station for questioning. His lawyer later insisted that Zimmerman’s nose had been broken in his scuffle with 17-year-old Martin.
On the attorney’s front, he admitted he had not even seen Zimmerman in person the last time he was on television (and before marking history as the first man to drive Lawrence O’Donnell into a lengthy tirade against a chair), so he may have been going by a phone interview. But the police’s account of that night, as found by the Orlando Sentinel, corroborated Sonner’s story. And yet, this video seems to defy that.

What do you think? Watch the video via ABC News below:

It sure looks like to me that the "reports" of Zimmerman being punched in the face and his head being slammed into the ground is total BS. Not a mark on this guy and notice how quick and sharp his step is. Not what you'd expect for someone who claimed to have been beaten. His attorney claimed he had a broken nose and lacerations on his skull. See anything that resembles that? I sure didn't.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/28/2012, 8:21 pm

When an unarmed teenager is stalked and shot by a vigilante,it is a murder. Even the Florida legislator who wrote the Florida "Stand your ground" law has said the police have incorrectly interpreted the statue. The protests need to continue until Zimmerman is brought to justice.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/28/2012, 9:35 pm

Not a real clear film, but I sure can't see anything that resembles a wound requiring stitches on the back of his head.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/28/2012, 9:36 pm

However, Martin was shot in the chest - up close and personal.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 8:38 am

happy jack wrote:
Not a real clear film, but I sure can't see anything that resembles a wound requiring stitches on the back of his head.
There is nothing there, nor is there any evidence of a "broken nose."
Quote :
The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose...His lawyer later insisted that Zimmerman’s nose had been broken in his scuffle with 17-year-old Martin.
No blood stains on Zimmerman's shirt from that "broken nose."
Nothing, nada, zilch.
Amazing
Quote :
His attorney, Craig Sonner, finally spoke out to Anderson Cooper last night, and had few answers but one accusation– his client has a broken nose and a laceration on his skull, and that was “an injury done by Trayvon Martin.”
Even more amazing is how that "laceration on his skull" healed in matter of minutes.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 9:03 am

KarenT wrote:
However, Martin was shot in the chest - up close and personal.
Which means exactly what?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 10:07 am

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
There is nothing there, nor is there any evidence of a "broken nose."
Quote :
The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose...His lawyer later insisted that Zimmerman’s nose had been broken in his scuffle with 17-year-old Martin.
No blood stains on Zimmerman's shirt from that "broken nose."
Nothing, nada, zilch.
Amazing
Quote :
His attorney, Craig Sonner, finally spoke out to Anderson Cooper last night, and had few answers but one accusation– his client has a broken nose and a laceration on his skull, and that was “an injury done by Trayvon Martin.”
Even more amazing is how that "laceration on his skull" healed in matter of minutes.
Right before the one minute mark in the film, the cop appears to be checking out the back of Zimmerman's head, but what that means, I don't know. I still can't make out any head lacerations, though. However, it's not necessarily true that a broken nose would be evident in a crap-quality film like that. I've had my nose broken, and the only outward sign was some slight bruising under the eyes.
As far as blood stains? They might be tough to spot on a red jacket.
This film appears to make a pretty good case for the absence of a head laceration, but as far as the broken nose?
Who nose?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 10:20 am

happy jack wrote:
They might be tough to spot on a red jacket.
But not on that shirt that Zimmerman has on.
Doesn't really matter, I'm sure all those cops there will be under oath when they're asked about what they saw or didn't see on Zimmerman that night. There is also a report that Zimmerman was tended at the scene by paramedics.
The truth will come out.
Quote :
I've had my nose broken, and the only outward sign was some slight bruising under the eyes.
And did you go to the ER or see a doctor?
BTW, how do you know that you had a broken nose?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 11:35 am

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

I've had my nose broken, and the only outward sign was some slight bruising under the eyes.
And did you go to the ER or see a doctor?
BTW, how do you know that you had a broken nose?

Yes, I went to the ER and saw a doctor.
I knew I had a broken nose because, aside from the bruising under my eyes, the fracture showed up on x-ray, the nose made noise and hurt like a sonofabitch when the doctor wiggled it, and I had to stay off it for a week.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 12:16 pm

happy jack wrote:
Yes, I went to the ER and saw a doctor.
I knew I had a broken nose because, aside from the bruising under my eyes, the fracture showed up on x-ray, the nose made noise and hurt like a sonofabitch when the doctor wiggled it, and I had to stay off it for a week.
Thanks.
Given the fact that Zimmerman didn't have any blood on his shirt, didn't go to the ER, get an X ray or see a doctor, I find it absolutelystunning that somebody came to the conclusion that Martin broke his nose.
Why would anybody make such a claim?

It looks more and more like Barney, Gomer and Goober "conducted" the investigation....or perhaps the Sanford police chief and the state attorney tried to cover up the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 2:14 pm

edge540 wrote:
Given the fact that Zimmerman didn't have any blood on his shirt, didn't go to the ER, get an X ray or see a doctor, I find it absolutelystunning that somebody came to the conclusion that Martin broke his nose.
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but the evidence that has been made available to us is woefully inconclusive. It's impossible to either verify or to dismiss.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 2:24 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't...
Uh no, it's a FACT that Zimmerman didn't have any blood on his shirt, didn't go to the ER, get an X ray or see a doctor before they took him to the police station.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 3:12 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Uh no, it's a FACT that Zimmerman didn't have any blood on his shirt, didn't go to the ER, get an X ray or see a doctor before they took him to the police station.
I meant that maybe Martin did or maybe Martin didn't break Zimmerman's nose. That is entirely inconclusive, based upon what we've been shown.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 4:33 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/post/why-did-new-york-times-call-george-zimmerman-white-hispanic/2012/03/28/gIQAW6fngS_blog.html | RSS Feed

Posted at 01:52 PM ET, 03/28/2012 TheWashingtonPost

Why did New York Times call George Zimmerman ‘white Hispanic’?

Good question.
Any guesses, anyone?
And I wonder what our white black president thinks about this.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 5:57 pm

happy jack wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/post/why-did-new-york-times-call-george-zimmerman-white-hispanic/2012/03/28/gIQAW6fngS_blog.html | RSS Feed

Posted at 01:52 PM ET, 03/28/2012 TheWashingtonPost

Why did New York Times call George Zimmerman ‘white Hispanic’?

Good question.
Any guesses, anyone?
And I wonder what our white black president thinks about this.

Yeah. Well for the record, according to the US Census, "Hispanic" is an indication of ethnicity. "White" and Black" are indications of race.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States_Census

Quote :
Race and ethnicity are considered separate and distinct identities, with Hispanic or Latino origin asked as a separate question. Thus, in addition to their race or races, all respondents are categorized by membership in one of two ethnicities, which are "Hispanic or Latino" and "Not Hispanic or Latino".

Here's a link to the Census form, if you're interested. See questions 8 and 9...

http://2010.census.gov/2010census/about/interactive-form.php

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 6:19 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Yeah. Well for the record, according to the US Census, "Hispanic" is an indication of ethnicity. "White" and Black" are indications of race.

Yeah, well - for the record - other than in this instance, when have you ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever seen a suspect, defendant, or person of interest in a high-profile case described as a 'white Hispanic'?
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 6:21 pm

My point was that if Martin was shot in the chest from a close distance, I understand Zimmerman using the self-defense defense. I had been under the impression that Zim followed him and shot him in the back.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 6:26 pm

This woman can’t be happy just being fat, ugly, obnoxious, and stupid.
Now she has to be vicious as well.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/roseanne-barr-zimmerman-tweets-893416

Roseanne Barr Joins Twitter Vigilante Crew
Star tweeted home address of George Zimmerman's parents

MARCH 29--The comedian Roseanne Barr last night tweeted the home address of George Zimmerman’s parents to her 110,000-plus Twitter followers, only to delete the posting after “not fully understanding that it was private not public.”
Barr’s posting of the correct Florida address of Robert and Gladys Zimmerman came at the same time Spike Lee was issuing an apology for erroneously disseminating a tweet that purportedly contained the home address of George Zimmerman, who last month killed teenager Trayvon Martin.
The residence cited by Lee is actually the home of an elderly couple with no connection to Zimmerman.
Barr, who deleted her tweet in the face of criticism from some Twitter followers, noted that she first thought it “was good to let ppl know that no one can hide anymore.” That stance quickly changed, with Barr reporting, “But vigilante-ism is what killed Trayvon. I don’t support that.”
But while Barr deleted her original posting, the Zimmermans’s address remains in messages in her Twitter stream. Barr’s original tweet was a retweet of a post by a new Twitter user who appears devoted to disseminating the Zimmermans’s address and phone number, as well as contact information for Joseph Oliver, who has made numerous TV appearances in support of Zimmerman, a friend and former coworker.
Still, the entertainer left open the possibility that she would again circulate the Seminole County address of Zimmerman’s parents. “If Zimmerman isn’t arrested I’ll rt his address again.” She added, “maybe go 2 his house myself.”
There is no indication that Zimmerman, who is reportedly in hiding, is holed up in his parents’s residence.
By tweeting the Zimmermans’s address, Barr appears to have violated Twitter rules that state, “You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission.”
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 6:33 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Yeah, well - for the record - other than in this instance, when have you ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever seen a suspect, defendant, or person of interest in a high-profile case described as a 'white Hispanic'?

To be honest, that's not something that I'd notice. You brought it up, so I was simply pointing out that the usage is correct.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 7:09 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
I hope the media can get a hold of the Paramedics report. If I were Zimmerman I'd want to get it out there ASAP unless of course the report conflicts with his version of events.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 7:33 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

To be honest, that's not something that I'd notice. You brought it up, so I was simply pointing out that the usage is correct.
Thanks, but I wasn’t questioning whether or not the usage was correct. What struck me as odd was the choice of qualifiers in this particular instance, and only in this particular instance. Seeing how the census department considers race and ethnicity to be “separate and distinct identities”, why do we not see people in other cases described as a ‘white Pole’, a ‘white Albanian’, or a ‘white Irishman’, for instance? (What also strikes me as odd is the obsession of the media in general to supply racial and/or ethnic descriptions in the first place. I would think that the only time such descriptions would be necessary would be when describing a fugitive in an All Points Bulletin.)
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 8:19 pm

Good point, Jack - I don't think race needs to be mentioned most times.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 8:35 pm

KarenT wrote:
You’re right - it barely needs to be mentioned at all.
It’s understandable to identify someone by race if some milestone has been reached, such as ‘Jackie Robinson was the first black ballplayer in the Major Leagues’, or if , as I mentioned before, an APB has been issued – “Be on the lookout for a white male, brown hair, brown eyes, 6’3”, with a scar on his left cheek”. But that’s about it. In nearly all other cases, it makes no sense at all to bring up race. And in this case, the emphasis on race serves only to fan the flames and to create potentially dangerous situations for the parties involved, mainly the other members of the Zimmerman family, who are completely innocent.
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

chuckmo48

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 9:21 pm

Here is the real problem in all this...The Stand Your Ground Law:
Quote :
In part it reads:"He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself
The key to all of this:
Quote :
"He or She reasonably believes..."
So if I am a Florida resident and someone pisses me off and I can say that I reasonably believe that person was going to kill me I can legally kill him...
...and if the NRA has its' way everyone in the US will be walking around with a concealed weapon ready to kill anyone that reasonably might have the ability to kill them
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

chuckmo48

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty3/29/2012, 9:26 pm

KarenT wrote:
Question...If you are walking alone down a sidewalk and black male walks towards you with a hoodie over his head...what would go through your mind...NOW compare that to the feeling you would have in the same situation but the person is a white male...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trayvon Martin Death Investigation   Trayvon Martin Death Investigation Empty

Back to top Go down

Trayvon Martin Death Investigation
Page 1 of 37Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next