Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr. Empty
PostSubject: NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr.   NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr. Empty4/18/2011, 10:47 am

EDITORIAL: We endorse McDermott, Saliga in Hammond
Quote :
McDermott deserves credit for a number of city improvements, beginning with the College Bound program that helps fund the college education of homeowners' children. It fulfills two aims, encouraging residents to stay in Hammond and encouraging them to own homes. Renters can easily leave once their lease is up; homeowners can't leave as easily. If the students stay in Hammond once they've graduated, that's a bonus.

Which brings us to the issue of economic development. McDermott has been aggressive in bringing businesses to his city, including Cabela's and Walmart, and in fighting problem businesses. He got rid of the River Park Apartments, which had been a haven for crime, and cleared the site for development. His current focus is going after troublesome bars.

McDermott took heat, but deserves credit, for eliminating the city's health department, even though it nearly cost him the election four years ago.

We endorse McDermott.

Saliga's endorsement? Kinda like being awarded the trophy for being the tallest midget in the Circus.
I predict Mayor Tom also gets the endorsement in the general election.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr.   NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr. Empty4/18/2011, 2:17 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
EDITORIAL: We endorse McDermott, Saliga in Hammond
Quote :
McDermott deserves credit for a number of city improvements, beginning with the College Bound program that helps fund the college education of homeowners' children. It fulfills two aims, encouraging residents to stay in Hammond and encouraging them to own homes. Renters can easily leave once their lease is up; homeowners can't leave as easily. If the students stay in Hammond once they've graduated, that's a bonus.

Which brings us to the issue of economic development. McDermott has been aggressive in bringing businesses to his city, including Cabela's and Walmart, and in fighting problem businesses. He got rid of the River Park Apartments, which had been a haven for crime, and cleared the site for development. His current focus is going after troublesome bars.

McDermott took heat, but deserves credit, for eliminating the city's health department, even though it nearly cost him the election four years ago.

We endorse McDermott.

Saliga's endorsement? Kinda like being awarded the trophy for being the tallest midget in the Circus.
I predict Mayor Tom also gets the endorsement in the general election.
So, Artie60438, who did you endorse/vote for in the Lansing, IL elections, and for the local school districts, including H.S. District 215?

Just curious.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr.   NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr. Empty4/18/2011, 4:16 pm

Artie60438, just curious.

Do you have a McDermott for Mayor sign in your front yard?
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr.   NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr. Empty4/18/2011, 7:54 pm

The Times posted rationally, who they endorsed from the Republican and Democratic side.

What choice was there, anyway?

All I give a shitz about is fearing living in and out of there. I don't feel safe watching over the house anymore, no matter who is the mayor.

Two cars pulled up drug deals, called in.

Rental that just got rented out, got wiped out with new renters who sought refugee from bullets, only to get their house raped.

I took off again. I can't live in fear being a neighborhood watchdog, getting tazed seven times, knowing where the trouble hole is. I am twenty steps ahead, left them twenty steps behind.

I give up. I left Dolton for a reason. Ain't going through that again.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr.   NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr. Empty4/18/2011, 8:14 pm

the times basically said ozcar is a schill for others and has no background indicating hes ready to run a city, premeske is taking credit for something the governor implemented statewide after mcdermott implemented it city wide befoe that...so he has no credibility...and andrade? well he was mia.

so no surprise they endorsed mcdermott amongst that sorry group of opponants.

however whats important...is what they lauded about the mcdermott administration. the economic development in times when our national economy has been shrinking, the college bound program, etc.

the endorsement part is the important part of the article...

as for the repubs...i think saliga was the only one that didnt drool on himself during the interview...congratultions we have a winner!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr.   NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr. Empty4/18/2011, 11:23 pm

the oracle wrote:

however whats important...is what they lauded about the mcdermott administration. the economic development in times when our national economy has been shrinking, the college bound program, etc.

the endorsement part is the important part of the article...
His accomplishments and the improvements he's brought to Hammond are what's going to win the election.
Quote :
as for the repubs...i think saliga was the only one that didnt drool on himself during the interview...congratultions we have a winner!
LOL! In the end all he really did to get the endorsement was put up a decent website and stay as far away from clown alley as he could. He also stayed far,far away from the Preacher.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr.   NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr. Empty4/19/2011, 3:40 am

when a candidate goes preachers show, its time to call in a real priest cuz hes done for.

lets review the list hes had on in the past couple years.....there was philpot originally i like doc but bad judgement their...then the exclusives with pabey and more recently montalvo...of late its been hacker, chico, premeske, janiec none of which are looking particularly good for next month.

poor greg zeoller, someone might want to warn him of the curse of the preacher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr.   NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr. Empty

Back to top Go down

NWI Times Endorses Mayor Tom McDermott Jr.
Page 1 of 1