Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM

Go down 
+2
UrRight
Artie60438
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty
PostSubject: Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM   Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty1/21/2011, 6:01 pm

Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr let it slip today that he's working on a project worth 100 million that would create 100's of jobs. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that this happens. cheers

Prior to the show Gov Mitch Daniels was on the air live with JED and was extremely complimentary when asked about Mayor McDermott. The two of them had spent some time together. It was like an endorsement for his candidacy for another term.
cyclops 👋
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM   Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty1/22/2011, 5:46 pm

"JED" on Twitter tweeted:
Quote :
indiana gov mitch (R) spoke freely on-air this morning w alexis and me... had praise for hammond mayor tom mcdermott (D)... imagine that
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM   Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty1/24/2011, 4:36 pm

What's their problem on the other board?

Don't like compliments...just bitch and bitch?

That seems to rhyme with Mitch.

When a new idea is pitched.

They said the FEDS are "CLOSING IN ON HAMMOND"

START FROM THE TOP...Indianapolis! LOL!!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM   Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty1/24/2011, 9:06 pm

UrRight wrote:
What's their problem on the other board?

Don't like compliments...just bitch and bitch?

That seems to rhyme with Mitch.

When a new idea is pitched.
:rolfcry: It's absolutely killing them that Daniels praised the Mayor.
_____________ _________________________________________________________________
Quote :

They said the FEDS are "CLOSING IN ON HAMMOND"
How long have we been hearing that now?

Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM   Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty1/24/2011, 9:23 pm

Long enough to know that all they do is bitch.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM   Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty1/24/2011, 9:25 pm

We want the Repos and Demos to get along. Peace. Harmony. Work together no matter if it is an "R" or "D" after the freaking name.

They get that, they still bitch.

God. They make my butt itch.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM   Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty2/4/2011, 11:39 am

Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr addressed the snow situation today on his show. While some residents called in about some minor problems,almost all were in agreement that the administration and Hammond city workers did an amazing job clearing the heavy snowfall. The Mayor took note of those few with problems and pledged that their issues would be taken care of quickly.
Back to top Go down
BigFan

BigFan

PostSubject: Re: Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM   Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty2/4/2011, 4:28 pm

I've heard from several hammond residents that the plowing was not very good. Most were upset about the alleys not being cleared until Thursday night / early Friday morning. A city plow driver told me today that they had to payload and remove the snow from all the alleys. No wonder it took so long and amazing they finished the alleys by early Friday. When everyone looks back on the storm, after all the cars are dug out, a majority of residents will be satisfied with the service they receive in our fair city.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM   Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty2/5/2011, 9:55 am

BigFan wrote:
I've heard from several hammond residents that the plowing was not very good. Most were upset about the alleys not being cleared until Thursday night / early Friday morning. A city plow driver told me today that they had to payload and remove the snow from all the alleys. No wonder it took so long and amazing they finished the alleys by early Friday. When everyone looks back on the storm, after all the cars are dug out, a majority of residents will be satisfied with the service they receive in our fair city.
Hammond did a fantastic job compared to Chicago. As of yesterday there were still side streets in Chicago that hadn't been plowed and they announced they would not be plowing alleys,just driving garbage trucks down them to make tracks. Some people will have to wait until their regular garbage pick-up there before they see a garbage truck in their alley.
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

chuckmo48

PostSubject: Re: Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM   Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty2/5/2011, 10:34 am

I know I chimed in on the no salt thread because I go tired of their bitching...now some are complaining about the alleys...give it a rest. jcmt wanted to know why I was concerned about Hammond (isn't he the one that lives in Griffith?) Hey I live in Dyer and we don't have alleys and our streets aren't that great, but no one is complaining. FYI...I lived in Hammond for many years...
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM   Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty2/5/2011, 7:01 pm

You have to figure that within four days the city has plowed every street and alley in the city. There are over 300 miles of street alone...now add the alleys! I am impressed and I did it for nearly twenty years!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM   Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty2/6/2011, 9:12 am

chuckmo48 wrote:
I know I chimed in on the no salt thread because I go tired of their bitching...now some are complaining about the alleys...give it a rest. jcmt wanted to know why I was concerned about Hammond (isn't he the one that lives in Griffith?) Hey I live in Dyer and we don't have alleys and our streets aren't that great, but no one is complaining. FYI...I lived in Hammond for many years...
I saw that exchange Laughing JCMT just hates it when someone responds to his idiotic accusations with truth & logic. I love watching him squirm.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM   Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty2/20/2011, 10:34 am

The usual misfits are once again whining that the Mayor's show screens their callers and only allow those with favorable opinions on the air.

They obviously have no idea of how a call-in show is run and why the producer asks what their topic is. The reason is to keep the flow of conversation going smoothly. Let's say you're talking about the Little Cal river and you have 3 people waiting to discuss it. Someone else calls in and wants to talk about code enforcement. They would only get access after the 3 ahead of them finish their calls.

I really think the process should be explained on the air,in detail,in order to clear up any confusion.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM   Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty2/20/2011, 11:33 am

when i was there thats exactly what i tried to do with the mayors show. didnt have a producer so i more or less talked to people during breaks...just got name and topic and they all went on the air.

i know jed. he wouldnt let the mayor screen calls if he wanted too. jed has never as far as i know screened calls. he has occasionally sped through a caller he found disinteresting or that had called earlier sometimes hell make ya wait an eternity...but he always takes em as they come.

for the naysayers its simple. find something to twist into a legitamate sounding bitch and then bitch until your face turns blue whether it really is legit or not (it never is). as pathetic as it is its all they have. cuz time and time again they find themselves on the losing end of most local issues ie health dept wolf lake development...state line curb...fest of lakes...collegebound...the new sports field developments, hast, and pretty much all the rest of em...theyve opposed them all...never proposed any alternatives...and have done nothing but whined about their defeats not saying everyone agrees on everything mind you....but i think most agree the majority of those above issues have resulted in good things for hammond. they on the other hand think all have been disastors. so i guess its understandable why they dont keep trying to argue thier points. even they know how wrong they;'d appear to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM   Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM Empty

Back to top Go down

Mayor's Show Friday's 7:30AM WJOB 1230AM
Page 1 of 1