Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Show chat???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty8/4/2009, 7:03 pm

What does everyone think about using the chatbox feature of this forum for listeners to converse with each other and interact with the radio show in real time? Honestly with a shorter time period (at least at the beginning) for the show I have been concerned how to go through as many callers as possible without sounding like i am rushing them too much.

But im thinking if we use the live chat (non fowlerandmailman forum members would also have access) that it might eventually enable us to pick info and quips out from the chat to use on the show as well (screen names would be attributed)

wont be to big a deal at the beginning, as honestly i dont think we will have more than 20 or so active members as the show debuts next week. But in a few months who knows? This could grow into a really cool interactive thing.

Oh and by the way. if your home at your computer while the show is on you can also listen and view the studio live through the heyregion.com website

Let me know what you guys think about the idea

-steve-
Back to top Go down
voter3

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty8/4/2009, 7:12 pm

I like it...I am not likely to call in but often but would have no problem throwing out smart ass comments and any pertinent info I might have
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty8/4/2009, 7:18 pm

Good idea
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty8/7/2009, 2:00 am

Admin wrote:
Only members can access the chatbox, so that is fine with me.

We have two chatbox moderators, but one is out of the country (paul87920) and the other isn't here much anymore (party42). We will probably need another chatbox moderator. Let me think about who that should be.

-Admin

Not gone yet, but it's been a busy summer. I fly out on the 26th. Just finished up an internship with Visclosky. I will help out as much as I can though.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty8/7/2009, 5:10 am

hey paul. i dont frequent some of the forums much and didnt know you were headed abroad. good luck and safe journey. but while gone you can
keep up with happennings in the region at least on thursdays at 6 central time through the listen live at heyregion.com link.
Back to top Go down
voter3

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty8/7/2009, 9:16 am

So how did the show go? I was unable to listen due to my sons bday party but am very interested in what was talked about and who called.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty8/7/2009, 9:18 am

voter3 wrote:
So how did the show go? I was unable to listen due to my sons bday party but am very interested in what was talked about and who called.

The show doesn't start until next Thursday the 13th.
Back to top Go down
voter3

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty8/7/2009, 9:58 am

WTF...guess I missed that post!
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty8/7/2009, 2:45 pm

lol sons birthday? ok good enough excuse i guess.
Back to top Go down
voter3

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty8/13/2009, 6:09 pm

cant hear ya on the web music is playin
Back to top Go down
voter3

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty8/13/2009, 6:14 pm

got it now
Back to top Go down
voter3

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty8/13/2009, 6:30 pm

what is the blog address
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty8/13/2009, 7:47 pm

blog address is http://fowlerandmailman.blogspot.com/
all the other various show related links can be found there

couldnt get on chat tonight as i will have to use my laptop and need to figure out how to get on the wireless server at the station.

first show we tried to keep it light. made some of the show seem a bit choppy i think. but i do see where i think this can grow into something decent that we can all have fun with. and down the road i think we will get more topical as well.
Back to top Go down
voter3

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty8/13/2009, 7:51 pm

You guys were all over the place but I guess that is to be expected on the first show...especially with Dave! I do hope at some time you do become political because they are going to drag you into to it one way or another. Better to go quietly into the night then screaming like a little girl. One last thing...I do believe the sponsors are getting their moneys worth!!!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty8/13/2009, 8:13 pm

Great first show,guys! It was nice to see how many people called in without having to be being bribed with a carnival game or an imaginary horse race. I loved the Mailman's comment about intimidation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Show chat??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show chat???   Show chat??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Show chat???
Page 1 of 1