Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

show preview

Go down 
+3
Artie60438
sparks
the oracle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

show preview Empty
PostSubject: show preview   show preview Empty8/11/2009, 7:07 pm

for those that are wondering for the time being the show is not intended to be political. obviously news events of the day may warrent that the on air discussion turn that way. but neither dave nor i are intending to go into this program with a political agenda.

the main reason for this is right now we are only on for an hour a week. and honestly, that isnt enough time for us to thouroughly express ourselves in a well rounded fashion. for us to try to do a political show in such a short time frame each week would undoubtedly put us in a position to leave listeners with more questions then answers without us being able to provide enough information in between to merit that type of show.

so instead. dave and i are going to attempt to entertain listeners region style, in a knowledgeable way. topics will be mostly region related. and as average guys living in the region, we hope to be able to connect to listeners by being able to relate observations that we all share, but dont always openly acknowledge. mind you a lot of our humor will be political related, as we all can identify with the same local politicians or news items. but niether of us entered into this with an ulterior motive of a political agenda, and niether of us are intending to advance any political agenda. obviously both dave and i do have strong political opinions and they will no doubt shine through at times, and again, news of the day could result in short term changes to that format.
the show could also, heck it will likely, evolve over time. but for now that is our honest intent.

also, please feel free to participate either by calling on air or sharing with us in the chat room of this site. also, if you know us, heck feel free to text us during the show as well.

oh...and to those that have asked...yes...strange news will be an occasional part of the show.

hope to see ya thursday night at 6 on am 1230

-steve-
Back to top Go down
sparks

show preview Empty
PostSubject: Re: show preview   show preview Empty8/14/2009, 4:05 pm

How about posting the guests who you are planning on having on the next show?
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

show preview Empty
PostSubject: Re: show preview   show preview Empty8/15/2009, 9:05 am

well i certainly would post about any scheduled guest as i'd like folks to want to tune in to listen, but as of now we dont have any guests planned.

its tough with just one hour a week to bring in guests as that will limit our range pretty significantly. so for right now we arent really planning to have guests. however we are expecting to increase our airtime relatively soon, so that could very well change.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

show preview Empty
PostSubject: Re: show preview   show preview Empty8/15/2009, 9:09 am

the oracle wrote:
however we are expecting to increase our airtime relatively soon, so that could very well change.

A 3PM start would be perfect Wink
Back to top Go down
Penguin

show preview Empty
PostSubject: Re: show preview   show preview Empty8/15/2009, 11:15 am

I would love for those guys to be on every day for a couple of hours. They were great.
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

show preview Empty
PostSubject: Re: show preview   show preview Empty8/16/2009, 6:35 pm

I don't really like to post all that often but I think now is the right time to comment on remarks I've been told Preacher has made about us recently. First off all up until three weeks ago I didn't even realize his show was still on. The times I've listened he has at times went on rants about the city and Mayor McDermott that it was clear he had no idea what he was talking about. I have no problem with this and really have no desire to set the record straight. There is a theory in politics that you want the ones who don"t know what they are talking about. always talking.
When Steve and I talked about doing this, I told him I would if it was a light hearted, loosly based on Roe Conn and Gary Meier type of show, with a "garage band" region type sound to it. Another words pick a topic give our take, and then hear listeners take. Preacher and I have known each other over 20 years and I would say are friends. So sorry if we disappoint you, but we will not do a Bash Preacher or Marsha show, that I will be part of. I just want to possibly entertain and make you think and laugh a little bit, peroid.
Back to top Go down
voter3

show preview Empty
PostSubject: Re: show preview   show preview Empty8/16/2009, 8:32 pm

I understand what you are saying and agree with you. At the same time when things are being misconstrued on purpose or through lack of knowledge the whole story needs to be told by someone.
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

show preview Empty
PostSubject: Re: show preview   show preview Empty8/17/2009, 4:36 am

voter3 wrote:
I understand what you are saying and agree with you. At the same time when things are being misconstrued on purpose or through lack of knowledge the whole story needs to be told by someone.

I get it, but we are trying to develop a type of show that hasn't been heard on WJOB before. One that everyone from caller Marsha, to Joe from Highland can listen to and laugh, and at the end of the day can say were entertained by. Right now we have 13 sponsors which is really too many for one hour, and a list of approx. 25 more waiting to jump on if the opportunity arises for more time. I guess my point is our intention has never been to come on and "GET PREACHER".
My dad always told me "never to argue with an idiot because an idiot always wins". That doesn't mean I'm calling anyone including him an idiot. I just feel that if "Fowler and the Mailman" became a show that was intended to bash or rah rah anyone it would just be more of the same of what you hear already. You ever had an extended conversation with Fowler ? You have to listen real closely at what he says because he has a very subtle sense of humor, and his take on things are very entertaining.
We all know full well that Mayor McDermott does not need two idiots like us to speak for him, I think he has proven over the years that he can speak for himself, and he does what he thinks is best for the city. He doesn"t need us to fight his battles for him. A perfect example of this is, closing the health dept in an election year. Believe me I have never seen a politican take a bigger risk than he did, yet he stuck to his guns and proved he had a bigger set of balls than most. It"s easy to sit behind a microphone or on the telephone and say cut everything than bitch about everything thats cut, believe me the public gets it, I hear from them every day.
So I guess what I'm saying is for those of you who see black helicopters flying over your house, or city officials going through your garbage, or better yet some city planted mole ruining your yard listen to something else. If you want to relax and possibly have a laugh or two along the way than give us a try

Last edited by Mailman on 8/17/2009, 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell check)
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

show preview Empty
PostSubject: Re: show preview   show preview Empty8/17/2009, 4:56 am

wow dave put it a lot better than i could. the only thing i want to add is that we will be discussing whatever big issues of the day happen to come along. its just that our take isnt going to be politically based.

for example if the health dept debate were happenning today rather than tell you why i thought the mayor was right to close the department, we might focus on the previously unknown local problems on either side that the debate brought to light such as the ricketts crisis in the region, the samonela and dissentary outbreaks that were sure to be spawned from the festival of the lakes, as well as typhoid tommy's apparent mission to kill us all.

ok sometimes im not so subtle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

show preview Empty
PostSubject: Re: show preview   show preview Empty8/17/2009, 10:35 am

Mailman wrote:
I guess my point is our intention has never been to come on and "GET PREACHER".

Mailman,Most of us already knew that. Preacher is the one falsely claiming that your show is all part of a plot against him. What scares him the most is that his lies and misleading claims will be exposed and criticized. This whole latest vendetta of his is a direct result of the freeloading mooch not getting a comp ticket to the Mayor's cruise. Boo hoo,boo hoo.
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

show preview Empty
PostSubject: Re: show preview   show preview Empty8/17/2009, 6:40 pm

Wonder if he has gotten a ticket to the steak fry yet? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

show preview Empty
PostSubject: Re: show preview   show preview Empty

Back to top Go down

show preview