Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor Empty
PostSubject: McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor   McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor Empty11/13/2010, 9:00 am

We wish the Mayor the best of luck on his campaign and look forward to his leadership for another 4 years.

Quote :
Quote :
HAMMOND | Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. announced on Friday his intention to seek a third term as mayor.

His announcement came in conjunction with the opening of his campaign headquarters at 7150 Indianapolis Blvd. in Hammond. The election is in May.

"I am seeking re-election because I believe in the potential and opportunity of Hammond," McDermott said. "Over the past seven years, we have been able to establish programs such as the award-winning College Bound Scholarship program, and the Home Bound Home Ownership Program.

"We have increased police patrols, attracted a host of economic development projects, made improvement to our parks, streets and undertaken many other initiatives."

McDermott said that "although Hammond is moving in the right direction, there is plenty of additional work that I would like to see completed over the next four years."

Prior to becoming mayor in 2004, McDermott, a U.S. Navy veteran during the Persian Gulf War, was a practicing attorney with an office in Hammond. He is a graduate of Purdue University with a degree in finance, and earned a law degree at the University of Notre Dame.

The mayor and his wife Marisa have four children.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor   McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor Empty11/13/2010, 12:41 pm

I saw someone posted this on TOB, and someone else asked him why there? I thought the question was silly - it was a Hammond board. Not everyone has to agree (maybe they do - I'm not allowed there anymore!)
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor   McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor Empty11/13/2010, 2:34 pm

KarenT wrote:
I saw someone posted this on TOB, and someone else asked him why there? I thought the question was silly - it was a Hammond board. Not everyone has to agree (maybe they do - I'm not allowed there anymore!)
That whole board is nothing more than a circus. Were you kicked off there? I've never seen you post anything even remotely close to warrant that action.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor   McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor Empty11/13/2010, 7:33 pm

Free and I disagreed about roadblocks. That's the only thing I can remember. We recently had our email changed (Verizon changed to Frontier), and when I changed that, I became "inactivated". They haven't let me back in, but don't have the innards to tell me.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor   McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor Empty11/13/2010, 10:17 pm

KarenT wrote:
Free and I disagreed about roadblocks. That's the only thing I can remember. We recently had our email changed (Verizon changed to Frontier), and when I changed that, I became "inactivated". They haven't let me back in, but don't have the innards to tell me.
Maybe if you email the Admin there directly he'll reinstate you. It might just be a glitch.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor   McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor Empty11/14/2010, 7:36 am

How would I do that? You have to log in to contact the Administrator.
Back to top Go down
hammonite

hammonite

PostSubject: Re: McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor   McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor Empty11/17/2010, 7:16 am

Word on the street is Preacher was camped out in the parking lot, watching all that attended the grand opening of the Mayors Campaign Headquarters. hehehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor   McDermott seeks third term as Hammond mayor Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1