Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Right Wing Tea Parties

Go down 
+6
paul87920
Robin Banks
edge540
Heretic
sparks
Artie60438
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Heretic

Heretic

Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 2:16 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
The freedoms we have to protest are not tolerated unless it is the same ideology as some others.

Well that's odd. The fact that the public teabaggings were held without interference would seem to suggest they were, in fact, tolerated. I am also confused why you seem to think that tolerance means they are beyond criticism or discussion.

I didn't see anyone suggest you couldn't have a protest, just that we thought it was poorly informed and rather disingenuous.

At least the media supported your efforts instead of declaring you unAmerican traitors, in stark contrast to the previous 8 years.

Last edited by Heretic on 4/23/2009, 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 2:17 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:
Wow, it really amazes me what I've read in this thread-

So much for those on the left & their beliefs in diversity, freedom of speech and tolerance. HA!

So in your world I'm not supposed to comment on what I've seen? You're the one being intolerant,not me.
If I posted and said this text was BLACK, you (and several others on this board) would post twenty responses disputing the fact that the text was BLACK. So, why bother?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 2:19 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Tomorrow April 15th,brainwashed wingnuts,supported by Fox News shills,will be gathering in to protest taxes and who knows what else. Maybe someone should point out to these loons that most Americans believe taxes are fair. Shocked

The only winners tomorrow will be the entrepreneurs selling T-shirts & other worthless crap to the suckers that attend. The media that will also benefit by being presented with endless fodder to amuse their viewers and readers.
All in all these "protests" should be almost as effective as the Iraq war protests were Razz

Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

So much for those on the left & their beliefs in diversity, freedom of speech and tolerance. HA!

So in your world I'm not supposed to comment on what I've seen? You're the one being intolerant,not me.

Wrong.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 2:22 pm

Tiger1 wrote:
Artie, I was NOT in Valpo. I was in CROWN POINT.

Great! Here's some pictures from Crown Point....

Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Doc6df8e7ae536ef7f28625759900785021

Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Doc6df8e7ae536ef7f286257599007850212

Those are both from the Times article.

So were you mistaken about the picture you claimed to see on the front page of the Times,or did you just make it up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 2:24 pm

Who the hell cares about a frickin photo. Where you there? Or did Kos tell you blacks, hispanics and asians weren't there so you believe it?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 2:28 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Who the hell cares about a frickin photo.

That dismissive of photographic evidence? Really?

Ohhmama wrote:
Where you there? Or did Kos tell you blacks, hispanics and asians weren't there so you believe it?

No, but there was more than adequate cover of the protests on FoxNews and CNN which clearly suggest that the vast majority of teabaggers were white conservatives.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 2:30 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

If I posted and said this text was BLACK, you (and several others on this board) would post twenty responses disputing the fact that the text was BLACK. So, why bother?

Lois,The photos I've posted don't lie. There were dozens of these tea parties across the US. Find some pictures that prove me wrong when I say that almost all those participating are white.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 2:32 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:

Lois,The photos I've posted don't lie. There were dozens of these tea parties across the US. Find some pictures that prove me wrong when I say that almost all those participating are white.
Response #1. Less than 5 minutes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 2:32 pm

Yes the evil doers of the world...give me a flippin break.

I laugh at all of this because if they were out burning the flag you all would be applauding them. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 2:36 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Who the hell cares about a frickin photo. Where you there? Or did Kos tell you blacks, hispanics and asians weren't there so you believe it?

I'm just going with what I've seen posted and reported by legitimate news organizations. Heck,I'll even include Fox News. Meanwhile,you and the other righties have yet to post anything that proves my claims wrong.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 2:37 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

Tiger my dear, at this point why bother?

The freedoms we have to protest are not tolerated unless it is the same ideology as some others. If you were out protesting the war, you would be applauded; if you were out protesting for the right for an abortion, you would be cheered; if you stood up and said you were for gay marriage you would be given a crown. When you fight for any belief that goes against the ideas of the left, you are an extremist. If you dare challenge those ideas different than yours- you are banished to an "arena"...so really why bother??

Yeah, well speaking for myself, I have no problem with people protesting, about anything that they choose to protest. I do find some protests objectionable, like wack jobs such as Phelps and his followers protests of our veterans funerals. But even the Phelps bunch has a right to protest.

When you say that "the freedoms we have to protest are not tolerated," what exactly are you referring to? Any time you take your cause to the streets, you also open yourself up to ridicule. But that doesn't mean that you don't have the right to your opinion, even if it is ridiculous.

But you can't expect those who disagree with your opinion to just "roll over" and not express their own opinions. BTW - I have yet to see anyone "banished to an arena" on this board for expressing their opinion. From what I've seen, it happens when a poster attacks another poster personally.

For example, IMHO, the post below (from this thread) is an obvious candidate for removal to the arena, and if the rules are being applied fairly, then it will be.

Edited by Admin. Quoted post moved to The Arena.

This kind of garbage has no place on a discussion forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 2:45 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

The freedoms we have to protest are not tolerated unless it is the same ideology as some others. If you were out protesting the war, you would be applauded; if you were out protesting for the right for an abortion, you would be cheered; if you stood up and said you were for gay marriage you would be given a crown. When you fight for any belief that goes against the ideas of the left, you are an extremist. If you dare challenge those ideas different than yours- you are banished to an "arena"...so really why bother??

Yeah, well speaking for myself, I have no problem with people protesting, about anything that they choose to protest. I do find some protests objectionable, like wack jobs such as Phelps and his followers protests of our veterans funerals. But even the Phelps bunch has a right to protest.

When you say that "the freedoms we have to protest are not tolerated," what exactly are you referring to? Any time you take your cause to the streets, you also open yourself up to ridicule. But that doesn't mean that you don't have the right to your opinion, even if it is ridiculous.

But you can't expect those who disagree with your opinion to just "roll over" and not express their own opinions. BTW - I have yet to see anyone "banished to an arena" on this board for expressing their opinion. From what I've seen, it happens when a poster attacks another poster personally.

For example, IMHO, the post below (from this thread) is an obvious candidate for removal to the arena, and if the rules are being applied fairly, then it will be.

Edited by Admin. Quoted post moved to The Arena.

This kind of garbage has no place on a discussion forum.

I agree with freedoms to protest no matter what you have to say (read my signature line).

In all honesty- I'm running out the door- but I will respond to this more later (probably tomorrow when I will be back)-
But on your last point - yeah I agree (but I kinda think there is an unfair bias going on with that).

It also kinda goes with the tolerance towards one's protesting right....But it's just my lil opinion...promise I'll be back l8r...have a great night all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 4:56 pm

While the "ignorant white folks" were protesting the free spending and taxing, the "intelligent black folks" were staging a thank you.
Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Tea-party-frances-rice-web
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 6:56 pm

LoisLane wrote:
While the "ignorant white folks" were protesting the free spending and taxing, the "intelligent black folks" were staging a thank you.

You realize that slogan was dreamed up by wingnuts in Tennessee. The woman in the picture is obviously having some fun with it at their expense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 9:15 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

You realize that slogan was dreamed up by wingnuts in Tennessee. The woman in the picture is obviously having some fun with it at their expense.

Well, Artie, I am not exactly white, I am a mix. In the Times picture, I can see one of the Fillipino ladies in the background. Maybe it's time for a new pair of glasses, EH???
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/23/2009, 9:37 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Actually, that is National Black Republican Association Chairman Frances Rice at one of the "tea parties."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/24/2009, 8:08 am

Scorpion wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Actually, that is National Black Republican Association Chairman Frances Rice at one of the "tea parties."
I guess Democrats cannot see the symbolism associated with this photo. I guess you HAVE to be a white, ignorant taxpayer, right Artie?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/24/2009, 8:15 am

Well then, how about this one.

Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 3373999083_2acc746f65

Wait!!! I think I see a few brothas. They are farmers. Why are they upset with the Messiah?
Must be Black, ignorant taxpayers, right?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/24/2009, 8:24 am

LoisLane wrote:

Wait!!! I think I see a few brothas. They are farmers. Why are they upset with the Messiah?

Congratulations Lois,you found a few needles in the haystack Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/24/2009, 8:28 am

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

A few needles? Hardly. There are many Blacks who are rethinking their support for Obama. This is only the beginning. Let's see what the Messiah has to say Wednesday night.

I see he's backing off of the torture memos. Could it be because there are published reports that Congress knew about them as early as 2002? Includes Nasty Pelosi. They (Democrats) feared their involvement would hurt their chances in the 2008 election. Boy, I hope this blows up in their faces.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/24/2009, 8:39 am

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

A few needles? Hardly. There are many Blacks who are rethinking their support for Obama. This is only the beginning. Let's see what the Messiah has to say Wednesday night.

"Many Blacks"? LOL! Don't get too carried away because you found a couple. What's Wednesday night?
Quote :

I see he's backing off of the torture memos. Could it be because there are published reports that Congress knew about them as early as 2002? Includes Nasty Pelosi. They (Democrats) feared their involvement would hurt their chances in the 2008 election. Boy, I hope this blows up in their faces.

The torture was authorized by the White House,not the Democrats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/24/2009, 8:47 am

Artie60438 wrote:
But, Congress knew about it as early as 2002, and did NOTHING!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/24/2009, 8:54 am

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
But, Congress knew about it as early as 2002, and did NOTHING!

Who was in charge of Congress in 2002? Hint:It wasn't the Democrats
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/24/2009, 10:00 am

Heretic wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
Now Obama wants a carbon tax. Wait until you get YOUR utility bill AFTER this gets started !

The confusion between a "carbon tax" and the far more likely "cap and trade" aside, do you have any actual literature supporting your statement? BigWhiteGuy made a similar statement in the AGW 101 thread but ignored my request for further information; I'm hoping you won't do the same.

Dammit. I hate being right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty4/24/2009, 12:42 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Quote :
The people leading this movement may be recruiting a large number of people who share this unbalanced delusion about taxes and "big government" but it's clear there is also an ugly, nationalist, and frankly racist theme behind this new movement.

The video I saw of these nuts on TV all had one thing in common. All of them were white. Lots of totally ignorant people,none of which looked like they earned anything even remotely close to 250,000 a year (the threshold at which taxes will go higher).

One particular person I know of from posting,earns less than 50,000,had problems paying their Nipsco bill,thinks 12.00 an hr is a good starting wage,and yet drove 40 miles to Valpo to participate in one. Go figure Rolling Eyes

Scorpion wrote:
Ohhmama wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

I said I would respond later so her I am...
My post to Tiger was in response to reading the above post by Artie. I think there are certain leftists (not just Artie) that love to throw out words like diversity, freedoms, tolerance only when it applies to their beliefs, and I for one think that those are the people who are the least tolerant of others opinions.

I like Artie, I'm sure in the real world he's a swell guy, but I think it's a very ignorant statement to say- "...of these nuts on TV all had one thing in common. All of them were white. Lots of totally ignorant people,none of which looked like they earned anything even remotely close to 250,000 a year"...

That's just not true. Plenty of individuals were not white or republican and I'd bet some of them probably made close to the threshhold amount Artie spoke about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Right Wing Tea Parties
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next