Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Right Wing Tea Parties

Go down 
+6
paul87920
Robin Banks
edge540
Heretic
sparks
Artie60438
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/22/2009, 5:55 am

Tiger1 wrote:
I follow no one, as an INDEPENDANT.

The outrage against a government run rampant was justified, and expressed peacefully by the people.

Loons are those who are too stupid to think for themselves, and blindly follow the fake messiah and his false promises.

What exactly are your complaints?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/22/2009, 7:49 am

The government is no longer for the people, by the people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/22/2009, 7:57 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Quote :
The people leading this movement may be recruiting a large number of people who share this unbalanced delusion about taxes and "big government" but it's clear there is also an ugly, nationalist, and frankly racist theme behind this new movement.

The video I saw of these nuts on TV all had one thing in common. All of them were white. Lots of totally ignorant people,none of which looked like they earned anything even remotely close to 250,000 a year (the threshold at which taxes will go higher).

One particular person I know of from posting,earns less than 50,000,had problems paying their Nipsco bill,thinks 12.00 an hr is a good starting wage,and yet drove 40 miles to Valpo to participate in one. Go figure Rolling Eyes
Artie, do you REALLY want to go there? Think it out.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/22/2009, 8:13 am

Tiger1 wrote:
I follow no one, as an INDEPENDANT.

As am I. Congratulations.

Tiger1 wrote:
The outrage against a government run rampant was justified, and expressed peacefully by the people.

But mostly by conservatives/Republicans who have been dead silent over the past eight years during times of even greater spending and "government run rampant", or better yet, people who held quite a bit of animosity towards liberals/Democrats during their protests of the same (as well as by people who plan to benefit from the very tax proposal they're objecting to). Like the article said, it's a bit disingenuous to all of sudden start complaining now.

Tiger1 wrote:
Loons are those who are too stupid to think for themselves, and blindly follow the fake messiah and his false promises.

No, loons are those who are too stupid to think for themselves and blindly follow any ideology they subscribe to over logic and reason, whether it be unfettered liberal worship of Obama or independent Christian fundies who hilariously believe him to the biblical Antichrist.

Tiger1 wrote:

It hasn't been for decades.

Last edited by Heretic on 4/22/2009, 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/22/2009, 8:18 am

Tiger1 wrote:

Could you be more specific? What exactly is it that's affecting you personally?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/22/2009, 8:20 am

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Quote :
The people leading this movement may be recruiting a large number of people who share this unbalanced delusion about taxes and "big government" but it's clear there is also an ugly, nationalist, and frankly racist theme behind this new movement.

The video I saw of these nuts on TV all had one thing in common. All of them were white. Lots of totally ignorant people,none of which looked like they earned anything even remotely close to 250,000 a year (the threshold at which taxes will go higher).

One particular person I know of from posting,earns less than 50,000,had problems paying their Nipsco bill,thinks 12.00 an hr is a good starting wage,and yet drove 40 miles to Valpo to participate in one. Go figure Rolling Eyes

I'm just reporting what I saw on TV reports,Lois. Do have any video or photos of events that dispute my claim?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/22/2009, 10:06 am

Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Quote :

I'm just reporting what I saw on TV reports,Lois. Do have any video or photos of events that dispute my claim?
So, do you REALLY want to go there? Totally ignorant WHITE people? That is YOUR observation, that YOU are compelled to report?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/22/2009, 12:19 pm

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Quote :

So, do you REALLY want to go there? Totally ignorant WHITE people? That is YOUR observation, that YOU are compelled to report?

Obama just passed the biggest tax cut in history and the tax rates today are the lowest they've been in decades. So yeah,I'd say the lunatics protesting are totally ignorant,especially when you consider these "protests" are the brainchild of corporate lobbyists.

I'm still waiting for video or photos of events that dispute my claim that the protesters were almost all white.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/22/2009, 12:56 pm

I'm still waiting for video or photos of events that dispute my claim that the protesters were almost all white.[/quote]

Artie, what a racist statement ! Evil or Very Mad What are you implying, that only certain races or classes of people are allowed to give their opinions/protest? Evil or Very Mad FYI, I wasn't exactly happy with a lot of the stuff Bush did, either.

Have your taxes gone down??? Property taxes, sales tax, tax on some consumer goods, have all gone up. Now Obama wants a carbon tax. Wait until you get YOUR utility bill AFTER this gets started !
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/22/2009, 1:27 pm

Tiger1 wrote:
I'm still waiting for video or photos of events that dispute my claim that the protesters were almost all white.

Quote :
Artie, what a racist statement ! Evil or Very Mad What are you implying, that only certain races or classes of people are allowed to give their opinions/protest? Evil or Very Mad FYI, I wasn't exactly happy with a lot of the stuff Bush did, either.

What's racist about my pointing out that everyone I saw in those protests were white? Here's a photo that supports my claim. Do you have any that supports yours?
Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Slide_1398_20072_large
(Photo courtesy of Jesse Russell in Madison, WI.)

Quote :

Have your taxes gone down??? Property taxes, sales tax, tax on some consumer goods, have all gone up.

None of those have anything to do with Obama,do they?

Quote :
Now Obama wants a carbon tax. Wait until you get YOUR utility bill AFTER this gets started !

Tell me more about this "carbon tax". I don't know that much about it. Paging Heretic!

Last edited by Artie60438 on 4/22/2009, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added Photo courtesy of Jesse Russell in Madison, WI.)
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Added Video   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/22/2009, 2:39 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Tell me more about this "carbon tax". I don't know that much about it.

A "carbon tax" is extremely unlikely, without some means to provide financial relief to ordinary Americans for the higher fuel costs. In any case, most of the proposals being considered use a "cap and trade" strategy, or the increasingly popular idea of a "cap and dividend" strategy. Here's a link to a good explanation of the latter approach:

http://www.capanddividend.org/?q=readfirst

Quote :
When fuel companies buy permits, they’ll pass that cost along to their customers. This is as it should be: the cost of emitting CO2 needs to be paid by energy users. By adding this currently ignored cost, we’ll shift private investment away from fossil fuels and toward efficiency and clean energy.

Higher fuel prices have a downside, however: they take lots of money out of everyone’s pockets. The trillion dollar question is, where does that money go? In traditional cap and trade, the extra money we pay goes to companies who receive free permits. Under cap and dividend, by contrast, it flows into a not-for-profit trust. There it’s divided into equal shares and wired to every American’s bank account or debit card. This happens monthly and automatically. As the price of carbon rises, so do the dividends everyone receives. And no large bureaucracy is needed.

There are some additional links on the left side of the page that are also worth checking out. The Home Page is here:

http://www.capanddividend.org/

Last edited by Scorpion on 4/22/2009, 2:52 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling & Added Video)
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/22/2009, 2:41 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

Tiger1 wrote:

Have your taxes gone down??? Property taxes, sales tax, tax on some consumer goods, have all gone up.
None of those have anything to do with Obama,do they?
Tiger1 wrote:
Now Obama wants a carbon tax. Wait until you get YOUR utility bill AFTER this gets started !
Tell me more about this "carbon tax". I don't know that much about it. Paging Heretic!
The fact is that there is no "carbon tax" being considered by Congress at this time.There is a proposal to finally enact "Cap and Trade" to start to lower the amount of carbon dioxide that is causing global warming.Here is a brief primer on "Cap and Trade". The conservatives continue to pump out all kinds of misinformation about any proposal to limit the emissions of carbon dioxide,while failing to acknowledge any of the catastrophic risks that doing nothing exposes us to. Frankly, I'm not surprised that Tiger1 is misinformed on this topic.
Here is a quick video Heretic posted in the environmental thread that discusses the reasons why
we need to pass Cap and Trade as a first step to reducing Global Warming's impact on the planet.

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/22/2009, 4:57 pm

Thanks to both Scorpion and Sparks for your explanations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/22/2009, 7:57 pm

Hey Artie, I guess you missed the picture on the front page of the Times the day after the protest.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/22/2009, 8:07 pm

Tiger1 wrote:
Hey Artie, I guess you missed the picture on the front page of the Times the day after the protest.

That showed what? I'm still waiting for you to give me a coherent reason for you protesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/23/2009, 7:43 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

That showed what? I'm still waiting for you to give me a coherent reason for you protesting.

That front page picture of the Times showed a mixture of people, young, old, white, hispanic, asian. I guess you missed it.

I am very unhappy with my government, and I have expressed my displeasure, as I have a right to do so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/23/2009, 7:57 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Obama just passed the biggest tax cut in history and the tax rates today are the lowest they've been in decades. So yeah,I'd say the lunatics protesting are totally ignorant,especially when you consider these "protests" are the brainchild of corporate lobbyists.

Very disappointing, Artie!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/23/2009, 8:07 am

[quote="Tiger1"]
Artie60438 wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

That front page picture of the Times showed a mixture of people, young, old, white, hispanic, asian. I guess you missed it.

Probably because it only exists in your imagination. Here's an actual photo of the Valpo gathering.....Show me where there's a "mixture"...

Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Img_0244

Quote :
I am very unhappy with my government, and I have expressed my displeasure, as I have a right to do so.

You still haven't given me reason as to how you've been negatively affected.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: It's all Obama's fault...   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/23/2009, 11:43 am

Tiger1 wrote:

Those are all local taxes, aren't they?

Tiger1 wrote:

The confusion between a "carbon tax" and the far more likely "cap and trade" aside, do you have any actual literature supporting your statement? BigWhiteGuy made a similar statement in the AGW 101 thread but ignored my request for further information; I'm hoping you won't do the same. The reports and studies I've seen on mitigation conclude that it's pretty inexpensive, especially compared to the alternative. And would utilities be as affected by the cap and trade system as a carbon tax?

Tiger1 wrote:

How many people were in it? 10? 20? 400? 250,000? The limited sample may not have been an accurate representation of the whole. I see no evidence to suggest Artie is incorrect in stating that the turnouts for the teabaggings were largely white.

Artie60438 wrote:

Scorp and sparks definitely have a better handle on proposed solutions than I (thanks for the info, guys!). Though I do know that we're committed to at least a 2C warming by the end of century; proposed solutions are merely trying to keep things contained to that level. If we continue on the path were one now (which scientists think is the most likely outcome thanks to all the bullshit skepticism and politicization), we'll get a global increase of 4 to 5C. That translates to 10 to 15F increase over the US as well as rendering the SW a permanent dust bowl. Good times! I wonder what kind of effect that will have on monthly bills...

Oh, and we're running out of oil. And our growth based economy is failing.

So... yeah.

Happy Earth Day! :titanic:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/23/2009, 12:23 pm

Wow, it really amazes me what I've read in this thread-

So much for those on the left & their beliefs in diversity, freedom of speech and tolerance. HA!
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/23/2009, 12:31 pm

Ohhmama wrote:

So much for those on the left & their beliefs in diversity, freedom of speech and tolerance. HA!
How about a specific example from this thread?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/23/2009, 1:04 pm

Artie, I was NOT in Valpo. I was in CROWN POINT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/23/2009, 1:42 pm

Tiger1 wrote:

Tiger my dear, at this point why bother?

The freedoms we have to protest are not tolerated unless it is the same ideology as some others. If you were out protesting the war, you would be applauded; if you were out protesting for the right for an abortion, you would be cheered; if you stood up and said you were for gay marriage you would be given a crown. When you fight for any belief that goes against the ideas of the left, you are an extremist. If you dare challenge those ideas different than yours- you are banished to an "arena"...so really why bother??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/23/2009, 2:12 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

Tiger my dear, at this point why bother?

The freedoms we have to protest are not tolerated unless it is the same ideology as some others. If you were out protesting the war, you would be applauded; if you were out protesting for the right for an abortion, you would be cheered; if you stood up and said you were for gay marriage you would be given a crown. When you fight for any belief that goes against the ideas of the left, you are an extremist. If you dare challenge those ideas different than yours- you are banished to an "arena"...so really why bother??
+1
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty4/23/2009, 2:13 pm

Ohhmama wrote:

So in your world I'm not supposed to comment on what I've seen? You're the one being intolerant,not me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Right Wing Tea Parties   Right Wing Tea Parties - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Right Wing Tea Parties
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next