Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up Empty
PostSubject: Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up   Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up Empty5/19/2013, 6:59 pm

Drudge Report Falsely Attributes Quote to President Obama: “I’m a Black Man”
Quote :
And now, Drudge Report is getting into the false quotation game.

This morning, President Obama gave the commencement speech at Morehouse College, a historically African-American university; it was an inspiring speech calling on members of the African-American community to be good role models and strive to do what’s right.

So naturally, the right wing media are completely losing their shit again. This is Drudge’s take on it, and notice that he went frame by frame through the video until he found what he obviously thought was the most unflattering image possible:

Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up LGF061
Here's a transcript of the prepared speech — the words “I’m a black man,” which Drudge put in quotation marks, do NOT APPEAR in the speech. The link for Drudge’s headline goes to a Washington Post article and the words “I’m a black man” do not appear in that article either. Drudge simply made it up.

Pure-D race-baiting dishonesty from the right wing. In other words, business as usual.
Will our resident troll who's always whining about "mainstream media" conspiracies look the other way on this? :bball:
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up   Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up Empty5/19/2013, 11:19 pm

Rand Paul tells CNN that he "knows" there is a secret IRS document telling them to target Teabaggers. And as we know he is SUCH a reliable source for accurate informaton.
Quote :
Quote :
Courtesy of Mediaite:

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) spoke with CNN’s Candy Crowley on Sunday, weighing in on the scandal involving the IRS targeting conservative groups. Addressing the agency’s insistence that the problem was not politically motivated, Paul suggested there’s likely a memo or “written policy” about officials singling out those opposing President Obama.

Crowley asked Paul whether he could imagine the mistake being simply misguided and stupid without any political motives.

“Well, I think we’re going to have to see the memorandum,” the senator replied. “Apparently there is a policy, and I think that we’re going to find there’s a written policy that says that ‘We were targeting people who were opposed to the president.’”

Once that comes to light, Paul asserted we’d have to find out who wrote and approved it. That remark prompted Crowley to question whether the IRS did actually have a written policy, asking him to clarify his comments.

“Well, we keep hearing the reports and we have several specifically worded items saying who was being targeted,” Paul elaborated. “In fact, one of the bullet points says those who are critical of the president. So I don’t know if that comes from a policy, but that’s what’s being reported in the press and reported orally. I haven’t seen a policy statement, but I think we need to see that.”

"So I don’t know if that comes from a policy, but that’s what’s being reported in the press and reported orally."

Interestingly enough the only references to be found on Google to a secret IRS memo targeting the Teabaggers lead back to this statement by Rand Paul.

Which kind of makes me think that the the only reporting done "orally" for Paul are those reported by the voices in his head.

Don't forget, this lunatic wants to run for President someday.

A textbook example of how out and out wingnut propaganda lies like "Al Gore claimed he invented the Internet" get started.

Rest assured that by tomorrow at least 20% of idiot Republicans will believe it's gospel and will wonder why Obama hasn't turned over a document that in all likelihood never existed. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up   Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up Empty5/29/2013, 5:44 pm

PolitiFact Says Republicans Lie Three Times More Often Than Democrats, According To New Study
Quote :
Republicans lie more — at least according to the Tampa Bay Times’ PolitiFact. A new study found that the fact-checking operation finds Republicans to be less trustworthy than Democrats, based on the number of false claims made during President Obama‘s second term.

The study, by Center for Media and Public Affairs (CMPA) at George Mason University, took into account 100 PolitiFact-checked statements made by Democrats (46 claims) and Republicans (54 claims) in the first four months of Obama’s second term. The results? PolitiFact deemed Republicans were loose with the facts three times as often as their left-leaning counterparts.

Quote :
PolitiFact rated 32% of Republican claims as “false” or “pants on fire,” compared to 11% of Democratic claims – a 3 to 1 margin. Conversely, Politifact rated 22% of Democratic claims as “entirely true” compared to 11% of Republican claims – a 2 to 1 margin.

A majority of Democratic statements (54%) were rated as mostly or entirely true, compared to only 18% of Republican statements. Conversely, a majority of Republican statements (52%) were rated as mostly or entirely false, compared to only 24% of Democratic statements.

CMPA President Dr. Robert Lichter summed it up thusly: “While Republicans see a credibility gap in the Obama administration, PolitiFact rates Republicans as the less credible party.”
Finally,something that Michelle Bachmann can honestly claim as one of her accomplishments.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up   Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up Empty5/30/2013, 12:45 pm

Texas governor cites IRS scandal to veto nonprofit transparency bill

Quote :
Texas Governor Rick Perry on Saturday vetoed Republican-sponsored legislation aimed at reducing the flood of so-called dark money in political campaigns.

“At a time when our federal government is assaulting the rights of Americans by using the tools of government to squelch dissent it is unconscionable to expose more Texans to the risk of such harassment, regardless of political, organizational or party affiliation,” the Republican governor said in a statement. “I therefore veto SB 346.”

Perry claimed the proposed law could be used by the government to “intimidate” political donors, an allusion to the recent scandal involving IRS scrutiny of tea party groups.

Rick Perry. Keepin' it "real."
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up   Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up Empty6/7/2013, 9:36 am

GOP Pledge
Quote :
GOP Pledge-O-Meter
Expand health savings accounts

Will "improve Health Savings Accounts by making it easier for patients with high-deductible health plans to use them to obtain access to quality care."

Sources:

GOP Pledge to America

Subjects: Health Care
Updates:
Little hope in this Congress

Updated: Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 | By Molly Moorhead

As part of their "repeal and replace” answer to Obamacare, Republicans have pitched a number of ideas including the expansion of health savings accounts.

Generally speaking, these accounts let workers set aside earnings before taxes to pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses, such as doctor's office co-pays and prescriptions. They are also sometimes called flexible spending accounts, which have similar rules.
Study: Health Savings Accounts Aren't Working
Quote :
They're leading to more emergency room visits, fewer screenings for cancer and fewer prescriptions.

Consumer-directed health plans such as health savings accounts are resulting in fewer physician visits and prescriptions, and more trips to the hospital, new research says.

They’re supposed to encourage the opposite — more preventive care — by burdening employees with a high deductible, an Employee Benefit Research Institute study says.

EBRI compared employees at two companies, one of which had an HSA for all of its employees for four years, and one which had a more traditional kind of plan. Between the two companies there were nearly 24,000 employees. For the company with the HSA plan, it found:

Quote :
There were 0.26 fewer physician office visits per enrollee per year and 0.85 fewer prescriptions filled, although there were 0.018 more emergency department visits (all of which are considered statistically significant). Additionally, the likelihood of receiving recommended cancer screenings was lower under the HSA plan after one year and, even after recovering somewhat in later years, still lower than baseline at the study’s conclusion.
EBRI notes that more employers have been adopting such plans in lieu of traditional ones because they are cheaper, and more are likely to as the Affordable Care Act fully kicks in next year. EBRI says if employers are going to take the cheaper route, they should do a better job of educating employees and also incentivize preventive care.

“Given these findings, employers should consider providing periodic, ongoing communications t
o enrollees regarding services that are exempted from the deductible,” study co-author Martín J. Sepúlveda says.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up   Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up Empty6/18/2013, 6:57 pm

The jig is up Mr Issa....
Report: Full Transcripts Suggest IRS Targeting Not Tied To White House
Quote :
Democrats on the House Oversight Committee on Tuesday released a full transcript of testimony from a witness in the IRS targeting investigation, which appears to confirm that the initial activity originated with a low-level employee in the agency's Cincinnati office, according to the Washington Post.
The transcript shows a key witness, a self-described conservative Republican and IRS manager who supervised the screens of applications for tax exempt status, claiming that he had no communication with the White House or senior IRS officials about the targeting.

His testimony contradicts House Oversight Committee chairman Rep. Darrell Issa’s (R-CA) previous suggestion that the order to target conservative groups came from Washington. Issa has since refused to release the full testimony transcripts, prompting Democrats on the committee to do so on their own.

The full transcript is available in two parts, part one here and part two here.

So what did Mr Grand Theft Auto have to say about the release of the transcript?
Issa “Deeply Disappointed” About Release Of IRS Testimony Transcript
Another right-wing fishing expedition comes home with an empty boat cheers
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up   Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up Empty6/28/2013, 2:05 pm

Typical....
Pence admits scrubbing gay marriage Facebook posts
Quote :

INDIANAPOLIS | Gov. Mike Pence has confirmed his staff deleted from his official Facebook page comments from Hoosiers opposing the Republican's call to add Indiana's ban on gay marriage to the state constitution.

After claiming Thursday only "abusive" comments were deleted, Pence admitted in a Facebook posting Friday that additional comments were removed for disagreeing with his policy position.

"I regret that this occurred and sincerely apologize to all those who were affected," Pence said.

The first-year governor added that, "In agreement or disagreement, I respect the opinions and the freedoms of all the people of Indiana."

He vowed to develop a Facebook policy that preserves open debate.

Pence's initial claim that only uncivil and name-calling comments were removed fell apart after a website dubbed "Pencership" posted screen images of the governor's Facebook page showing that comments critical of Pence's anti-gay marriage stance also were scrubbed.

The site appears to be the product of Andy Markle, an Indianapolis web designer. He mocked Pence's comment scrubbing attempt by subtitling his site, "When Indiana's governor thought he could censor the web."

Hoosier Democrats pounced on the revelations to advise that "perhaps someone should let Gov. Pence know he's supposed to govern -- and listen to -- everyone."

This is the second controversial incident in the past week involving social media and Republican statewide officeholders.

As first reported by The Times, a staffer for Secretary of State Connie Lawson likely violated state ethics rules on June 21 by using Lawson's official Twitter account to promote her 2014 campaign.

Pencership...when Indiana Gov Mike Pence thought he could censor the web
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up   Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up Empty7/22/2013, 3:54 pm

And the "re-branding" continues...
RNC Chair Priebus: Don’t Worry, Bigots, the GOP Is Not Embracing “Tolerance”

Quote :
Here’s Reince Priebus in an interview with the extreme religious right outfit CBN, dropping all the pretense and openly admitting that the RNC’s “rebranding” initiative was simply a scam.

Which, of course, was already blindingly obvious.

Quote :
Speaking with David Brody of the Christian Broadcasting Network posted today, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus confirmed that the party will try to reach out to groups like gays and lesbians by simply appearing to be more respectful without actually changing its views on issues such as marriage equality.

After Brody said conservative evangelical voters are nervous that the GOP thinks “we have to be more tolerant,” Priebus said there is nothing to worry about. “I don’t know if I’ve used the word ‘tolerance,’ I don’t really care for that word myself. I don’t have a problem with it, I just think it has another meaning politically that can go the other direction,” the party chairman said.

“It’s not what you say, I think, it’s sometimes - like our moms used to tell us - it’s how you say it. And I think that’s really the issue. And quite frankly, I think some of that has been overblown.”

Priebus assured Brody that the GOP will continue to represent “things that are very square with our beliefs as Christians” and recognize that “there’s only one sovereign God.”
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up   Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up Empty7/29/2013, 11:03 am

Classic Mittens....
Mitt Romney on his 47 percent comment: 'Actually, I didn't say that'
Quote :
So I saw this tweet from David Corn...
Quote :
Mitt Romney's Incredible 47-Percent Denial: "Actually, I Didn't Say That."
http://t.co/...
— @DavidCornDC
...and I thought to myself, "No way! Not even Mitt Romney could say something that dumb." But David Corn is the guy who broke the whole 47 percent thing in the first place, so I clicked and sure enough:

Quote :
[Washington Post Reporter Dan] Balz tried to point this out: "But when you said there are 47 percent who won't take personal responsibility—." Romney interrupted: "Actually, I didn’t say that... That's how it began to be perceived, and so I had to ultimately respond to the perception, because perception is reality."

Gee, Mitt, where could that perception possibly have come from? Perhaps the simple fact that it's exactly what you said?

Quote :
There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what… These are people who pay no income tax. [...] My job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.
It'd be one thing if Mitt Romney apologized for his comments—or if he defended them. But pretending that he never even said them in the first place? That's like saying that not only does he believe 47 percent of Americans are lazy freeloaders who refuse to take personal responsibility for themselves, they—along with the rest of Americans—are stupid idiots who would trust Romney's revisionism over their lying eyes. Well, in this case eyes and ears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up   Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up Empty

Back to top Go down

Desperate Right Wing Republicans Now Just Make Stuff Up
Page 1 of 1