Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
UrRight

Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty
PostSubject: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/16/2010, 12:31 pm

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/economy-a-budget/92411-immigration-and-your-taxes-rep-lamar-smith

By not addressing the root of the problem, which is a small equation that adds extra taxation, rea the following: (Note the comments)

Immigration and your taxes (Rep. Lamar Smith)
By Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas) - 04/15/10 10:03 AM ET
President Obama and Congressional Democrats have been talking about giving amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants. Tax Day seems like a good time to examine the impact that such a policy would have on your wallet.

Start with education. Using the average annual American public school elementary and secondary education costs, the Federation for American Immigration Reform has estimated that the total cost of K-12 education for illegal immigrant minors and the U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants is $28.6 billion a year.

Then there’s health care. If illegal immigrants are covered in the health care bill (there is not a strong verification mechanism to ensure they won’t get benefits), it would increase the bill’s costs between $10-$30 billion. Of course, it won’t matter if illegal immigrants receive amnesty since the new law requires health care coverage for everyone.

Social Security is another area of great concern. Claims by amnesty advocates that illegal immigration can “save” Social Security are false.

Last year, the Social Security Administration (SSA) ran the numbers at my request. Here’s what they found: For a single 25-year old male with very low earnings, today’s value of his and his employer’s contributions to the Trust Fund will fall $15,596 short of the value of the Social Security retirement benefits he will eventually receive. A single female will receive $20,936 more in benefits than she pays into Social Security. If the immigrant is married but the sole wage-earner, the couple will eventually drain the Trust Fund by $52,460; if the immigrant is married to another very low earner, the drain on the trust fund will be $39,037. The legalization of one million illegal immigrant couples who work for very low wages would be a $101 billion blow to taxpayers. And amnesty for all illegal immigrants would multiply this figure many times!

When it comes to taxes, amnesty supporters like to say that illegal immigrants will pay their “fair share” of taxes after being granted amnesty. This is deceptive.

Low-skilled workers often pay no taxes and receive a check from the Internal Revenue Service in the form of the Earned Income Tax Credit. Putting illegal immigrants on the IRS rolls will actually cost the federal government money.

Since most illegal immigrants have less than a high school education and have well below average incomes, even those illegal immigrants who pay taxes pay far less in taxes than they (and their families) consume in taxpayer-supported benefits. Robert Rector of the Heritage Foundation found that the average immigrant household headed by an immigrant without a high school degree receives over $19,000 more in total government benefits each year than it pays in federal, state and local taxes!

But the impact goes far beyond these direct costs.

There are nearly 16 million Americans out of work, and about 8 million jobs are held by illegal immigrants. By simply enforcing immigration laws already on the books, we could create millions of job opportunities for American citizens and legal immigrants who played by the rules and entered the U.S. the right way.

Instead, the Obama administration has all but abandoned worksite enforcement efforts. Administrative arrests are down 87 percent; criminal arrests of employees are down 83 percent; criminal arrests of employers are down 73 percent; the number of criminal indictments are down 86 percent; and the number of criminal convictions is down 83 percent since 2008. This insults unemployed and underemployed American workers who need the jobs held by illegal immigrants.

The hit is on your wallet! Illegal immigrants are a fiscal drain on American taxpayers. And the Obama administration’s policies only make it worse.

Crossposted from the Daily Caller.

We have an education crisis in this country, schools are underfunded, dropout rates are college degrees being handed out for math and science are at an all time low and college education cost too much. No form of immigration reform is going solve that. Neither will it solve the problem with social security. Even if you could remove all illegal immigrants and the meager amount of money they pay in sales, excise, property and some federal taxes, but at no additional cost (rounding them up, putting them on trial and deporting them), it won’t make a dent in the education and social security problems. Just because unemployment is up does not mean that there are no jobs available. I’m sure one of the local fast food restaurants are hiring, your neighborhood grocer needs a new bagger, lost of places need janitors, and I’m sure some rich person will pay you to clean their house. Rep. Smith has stated that these jobs are worthless and those who have them don’t pay their “fair share”, even if they were granted amnesty. This is an answer to the unemployment crisis? As unfair as it may seem and even if it does send the wrong message, amnesty, is the most fiscally responsible thing to do. Rounding these people up, putting them through legal proceedings and deporting them, cost more money than it saves. It takes away from funds that could be used for border control. We screwed up already. We need big changes to ensure that the flow of unskilled immigrants is slowed- controlled. There are about 5 maybe 6% of the U.S. population, it is ludicrous to believe that their removal would seriously affect any societal problem we have.

So, the arrogant POTUS wants the Tea Party to "thank him" for lowering taxes. This is just one article devoted to how POTUS doesn't save tax money...and throws us his B.S. lines.

Never went to the root of the problem...but that HealthCare bills sure will cost you taxes!
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/16/2010, 1:04 pm

UrRight wrote:
So, the arrogant POTUS wants the Tea Party to "thank him" for lowering taxes.

Yup. 'Cause he did, and like it or not, our tax rates are the lowest they've been in decades, rendering the current "Poorly Thought Through Teabagger Argument of the Week" moot. Hence the need to move the goalposts. It's not taxes; the real problem is the illegals!!! Honest this time!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/16/2010, 4:24 pm

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/92625-obama-amused-by-tea-party-rallies

He'll be amused when they send him and his Chicago-style cronies back to Chicago.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/16/2010, 4:51 pm

Heretic wrote:
UrRight wrote:
So, the arrogant POTUS wants the Tea Party to "thank him" for lowering taxes.

Yup. 'Cause he did, and like it or not, our tax rates are the lowest they've been in decades, rendering the current "Poorly Thought Through Teabagger Argument of the Week" moot. Hence the need to move the goalposts. It's not taxes; the real problem is the illegals!!! Honest this time!

Rolling Eyes

Yeah, Heretic...nothing comes free. I wish I could find the artice that stated where taxes on this FREE' health reform wll be passed down to taxpayers.

It doesn't cover research, new equipment, etc.
l

That's why you will see rising costs despite the claim that "health care is a right, not a privledge".

If it's so great, why don't they just all join us in the gov't? Because it's a hoax.

Doctors are not going for this, neither are the patients. This POTUS has no clue about economics, war, nothing, except how to throw parties and jet-set when someone objects to something important, such as the man to the moon.

How ridiculous his comments are when he wants to land on a metieor? He's has no economic background, no war background, no nothing. Doesn't even comprhend this endless war that is draining our economy. He is NOT fit to be POTUS. He scammed his way thru like Blago did to be gov. "NO MORE CORRUPTION, NO BACK-ROOM DEALS" What has he done that's anything different than BLAGO? Just the same. Lied.

The great thing is, those that the majority that believed in him, voted for him, realize and regret it. If you call this the leader of the USA, I dare you to put a fifth-grader in charge.

All they do is hide behind doors.

They can bet on millions for campaign money and raising campaign money, but they can't fix the economy..they cant fix anything. They are a waste of space on earth. I don't just blame the demobrats, I blame the REPOS. It's all about votes, and doinjg nothinjg about what our fore-fathers put forth in the U.S. constitution. They forgot about the Constitution and are making up rules of their own.

Wanna save money?

Save the USA first so we can help others.

Quit the wars....pull out today. Billions spent on that that shows there is no end.

Kick the corporations out that moved their companies and products over-seas. Nothing makes me sicker than when I wear a size 3 and it turns out a 1 by those little
chinese idiots.

Why are we not leaders in manufacturing at this point for only 8.00 an hour to produce our own
American made products" There are so many people out of work that 8.00 sounds delicious compared to no job or no prospect of a job.

Kill off the immigrants that cost billions a year....take them. deport them, and tell the Mexican gov't to pay for the illegals.

Oh, try telling that to the jet-wasting fuel FLOTUS used to give a couple of pats on the back of children on Mexico, stating "they are future leaders".

Future leaders of drug wars and crossing the border.

What would we do without grammaw in the White House baby sitting free, having the luxury of the
FLOTUS flying here and there, telling everyone they "can be leaders"?

Lead by example.
Stop the damn jet-setting, stay home, and tele-conference. Cut back and then maybe we'll give you another chance.

All I see is an arrogant family that just lives in the limelight of having a different color skin, which is fine. except as usual, once they "get in" they -party and they jet-set sending stupid messages to countries that are actually evading ours, costing us more than they are worth.

Obama can't speak without someone writing his speeches, which don't come from the heart. He has no experience other than his looks and false hopes and dreams which took this country downward far faster than anyone before. Name one good thing he has done.

Privileged or "Rights"? He's done more damage to this country and thank God, I didn't fall for his snake oil talk. Sometimes I can read a person without meeting them. If it sounds too good to be true...don't go for it. As it turned out, unless you read all the newspapers nation-wide your eyes are not wide-opened. The majority of the comments - they hate him. He lie. He made our country far off worse.

They can't wait to get rid of him and all those that voted for Health Insurance Reform which is no reform at all. When he wants to take away my dad who is suffering cancer -= medicare cuts, he can go to hell. His mom in law gets better care never having to work than a soldier who endured WWII just because she follows her grandaughters around. Give me a break. They made 5.5 million last year...geeze, I guess that is spreading the wealth around. Care to pay my credit cards off? No, sorry, I have no kickbacks to give you.
The banks did.
He will be a ONE TERM POTUS....and unlike he wishes, not a good one. He's a guy out of the gutter with the mouth and and talk, no action. I wonder about his ability to lead this country everyday, cuz it sure doesn't feel like the USA anymore...Just as Chicago is turning into Detroit. GREED & bling.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/16/2010, 7:16 pm

UrRight wrote:
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/92625-obama-amused-by-tea-party-rallies

He'll be amused when they send him and his Chicago-style cronies back to Chicago.
I guarantee you that if he was up for reelection today he would win easily. As of now I see no Republican with a chance at beating him. The R's can't even agree on a candidate right now.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/17/2010, 10:49 am

Artie60438 wrote:
UrRight wrote:

I'll vote for anyone without an R or D next to his name. Anyone is better than these crooks both, R and D.

If an election were held today (if you bother reading across the nation's newspaper artiicles, the comments, he'd be thrown out in a minute if they had their way.

I guarantee you that if he was up for reelection today he would win easily. As of now I see no Republican with a chance at beating him. The R's can't even agree on a candidate right now.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/17/2010, 10:53 am

How is he lowering taxes (this year) but what comes about next year with foreclosure and unemployment?

No one has work to pay the taxes, DUH

Every state is broke this year...so what's his plans for next year? I hope nothing flows in and they can get rid of 1/2 of the politicians that don't even attend meetings.

I witnessed the house of reps - the speaker talking to five people who showed up on CNN Live. Our gov't at work...yep. Hundred of empty seats behind them.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/17/2010, 11:01 am

Artie, Heretic, one in five get employment. It hasn't ended yet,. Foreclosure bailouts was a waste of money. Bailing out the stock market only led to Goldman/Sachs to continue to operate illegally.
Had he spent that money on households, instead of corporate greed, the economy woul have bounced back.

Gov't taking over everything? Well, call us the "NEW CHINA". Wait in line for your health care, make sure you abort baby girls...and this king bowed down to 5 dictators.

What a gross embarrassement. He is NOT "Statemanship". Look at Hillary...she looks like she can't wait to get out of the political arena with POTUS. She's tired, pizzed, and needs to just go home.

Condezza Rice held her head high, and reported on more things than Bush did, and I was sorry to see her go. Clinton is just a puppet.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/17/2010, 12:24 pm

UrRight wrote:

If an election were held today (if you bother reading across the nation's newspaper articles, the comments, he'd be thrown out in a minute if they had their way.

The "comments?" I see. Now I'm beginning to understand where your twisted view of the world. comes from... IMHO, the vast majority of the "commenters" that you refer to are nothing more than a collection of trolls and partisan hacks.

I think it's really amusing that you think that you can take the "pulse" of the entire nation from random "commenters" on newspaper articles and blogs.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/17/2010, 12:59 pm

I can only see the first few posts - is it the board or me?
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/17/2010, 1:01 pm

Now that my post is up, I can read the whole thread.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/17/2010, 6:30 pm

Whoops.

That wasn't the draft button...
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/17/2010, 8:20 pm

It has to be the board, Karen. It happens a lot. I just re-log on and then I can read the rest of the posts.

Darlings...read comments from every article you click on - on the Drudge Report which takes you to Washington Times, The Hill, etc.

The nation is is disgruntled. 100% negative comments.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/17/2010, 8:28 pm

America....the beautiful......ok Karen?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/17/2010, 9:24 pm

UrRight wrote:
...on the Drudge Report...

That explains everything.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/18/2010, 10:29 am

UrRight wrote:

Darlings...read comments from every article you click on - on the Drudge Report which takes you to Washington Times, The Hill, etc.

The nation is is disgruntled. 100% negative comments.

All from wingnut kooks who flock to those right-wing sites. Why not give non-partisan sites like http://factcheck.org/ or http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/ a try.

Tracking Obama’s promises
108 Promise Kept
34 Compromise
19 Promise Broken
83 Stalled
257 In the Works
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty4/18/2010, 10:59 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)   Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties) Empty

Back to top Go down

Totally Disgusted That POTUS said He Lowered Taxes (To Tea parties)
Page 1 of 1