Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Discrimination by gays

Go down 
+4
KarenT
UrRight
Artie60438
Scorpion
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
edge540

edge540

Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/27/2015, 4:24 pm

edge540 wrote:
        You must obviously be bi sexual,

happy jack wrote:
No, I’m not, but I do have that option. I just choose to not exercise that option.
Thanks, now we know that you can "choose" to be attracted to both men and women because you have that option. You obviously don't know that you're bi sexual because you have the capability to be attracted to both men and women. Like I said, I don't have that option given the fact that I was born straight.

Let's try this again:
Gay people say they are born like that and I believe them, don't you? Straight people like myself are born straight.
So why do conservatives, anti-gay hate groups, republicans, religious extremists, bigots and homophobes not believe them?

Please tell us jack.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/27/2015, 4:38 pm

edge540 wrote:

Gay people say they are born like that and I believe them, don't you? Straight people like myself are born straight.
So why do conservatives, anti-gay hate groups, republicans, religious extremists, bigots and homophobes not believe them?

I highly suspect that the reason conservatives, ant-gay hate groups, many republicans, and homophobes refuse to believe that gays and bi people were born that way is that many of the anti-gay people are closeted homosexuals or bisexuals.   For someone like that, it is a choice.

So these people have made their choice, and expect others to choose as they have chosen.  Of course, we often hear of so-called "moral values" politicians and others who have been caught having gay sex.  They claim that they have "back-slided," and given into temptation, and other ridiculous excuses. But a person who is actually heterosexual is never going to be engaging in gay sex. A true heterosexual can't be tempted into "gayness," by definition.

There's no need for "mind reading" here.  Either one is heterosexual or they aren't.  If a "choice" is involved, then the person making that choice isn't really a heterosexual at all.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/27/2015, 4:44 pm

Scorpion wrote:
 But a person who is actually heterosexual is never going to be engaging in gay sex. A true heterosexual can't be tempted into "gayness," by definition.

There's no need for "mind reading" here.  Either one is heterosexual or they aren't.  If a "choice" is involved, then the person making that choice isn't really a heterosexual at all.
Exactly.
Nobody "chooses" to be attracted to males or females, except bisexuals and of course, jack.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/27/2015, 6:29 pm

The arrogance on display here is nothing short of astounding. I’m glad that you can speak for everyone when it comes to their personal feelings and decisions, but I myself don’t have the hubris to do so, and I don’t pretend to know what goes on in anyone’s mind but my own. And with the unashamed hubris that you people possess, I guess it’s not a big mystery why so many of you will vote for someone possessing enough arrogance to say something like this:

http://michellemalkin.com/?p=165093

“Far too many women are still denied critical access to reproductive health care,” Clinton said. “Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will,” she added. And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed.”

I couldn’t see myself voting to elect someone as president who believes it is her prerogative to modify, through the power of government, the “deep-seated cultural codes and religious beliefs” of the ignorant peasants.
I suppose that’s OK with you all, though – when you can’t win through logic, debate, and persuasion, I guess the force of the government is all you have left.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/27/2015, 6:42 pm

I'd be happy to comment on the above post, but not in this thread. I understand why you want to change the subject, but start a new thread.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/27/2015, 7:51 pm

happy jack wrote:
The arrogance on display here is nothing short of astounding.
I agree, look in the mirror, LOL.

When a gay person says they're born like that, you and yours have the audacity to not believe them and claim that they're not.
Now that is arrogance.
Must be nice for bigots to have the ability to know what is in a person’s mind, right jack?

Meanwhile back at the ranch:
CBS host introduces Tony Perkins as ‘anti-gay hate group’ leader: ‘You don’t speak for Christians’
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/cbs-host-introduces-tony-perkins-as-anti-gay-hate-group-leader-you-dont-speak-for-christians/?utm_content=bufferbab22&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/27/2015, 8:34 pm

Scorpion wrote:
I'd be happy to comment on the above post, but not in this thread.  I understand why you want to change the subject, but start a new thread.

Thanks!

What makes you think I’m trying to change the subject?
The Hillary comment was a sidebar, no more and no less.
I'll repost it on the Hillary 2016 thread.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/27/2015, 8:34 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
The arrogance on display here is nothing short of astounding.
I agree, look in the mirror, LOL.

When a gay person says they're born like that, you and yours have the audacity to not believe them and claim that they're not.
Now that is arrogance.
Must be nice for bigots to have the ability to know what is in a person’s mind, right jack?

Me and mine?
Who the hell are me and mine?
All I’ve been saying all along is that I do not have the ability to divine what is in a person’s mind.
Neither do you, of course, yet you claim otherwise.
And you call me arrogant?
Jesus H. -  project much?
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/28/2015, 8:21 am

I see a local religious extremist freaking out.

C.P. pastor blasts Republican 'cowards' on religious liberty

INDIANAPOLIS | Crown Point Pastor Ron Johnson furiously condemned Indiana's Republican leaders Monday, including Gov. Mike Pence, as shameful cowards unwilling to stand for Christian values and religious liberty.

Speaking to some 200 Hoosiers at a Statehouse rally for the original Religious Freedom Restoration Act, Johnson said lawmakers ruined it by adding a nondiscrimination requirement he claimed was forced on them by "the liberal media, large corporations and gay activists."

"We witnessed the cowardly capitulation by our leadership who must now be held responsible for turning a bill designed to protect our God-given, constitutionally enshrined liberties into what is now, effectively, a gay rights bill," said Johnson, who leads Living Stones Church.

Johnson emphasized that Christians do not hate homosexuals, in fact they should help all people "struggling with sexual issues," but he said true believers who live their faith at home, work and church must never be compelled to participate in activities prohibited by the Bible.

"For Christians, sexual sin can never be defined or treated as a civil right," Johnson said. "This is anathema to people of faith. We will not tolerate this. We have been painted in the corner already, that's why we're here — we're sick of it and we're not going away."

Johnson, the executive director of the Indiana Pastors Alliance, said nobody seems to be paying attention to the problem of anti-Christian bigotry, which he said is regularly promoted by the same "corporate thug" and "gay mafia" interests that also defend abortion and seemingly control Indiana politicians.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/c-p-pastor-blasts-republican-cowards-on-religious-liberty/article_8c3e76e9-187f-579c-a503-ac90caf634e4.html
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/28/2015, 8:28 am

Oh my, it's going to be a bad day for conservatives, anti-gay hate groups, republicans, religious extremists, bigots and homophobes .

"Today SCOTUS will determine if the United States is governed by a religion or by a constitution."
Well said.

cheers

Historic Same-Sex Marriage Case Finally Reaches Supreme Court

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/28/supreme-court-same-sex-marriage-arguments_n_7158274.html
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/28/2015, 11:13 am

edge540 wrote:
Oh my, it's going to be a bad day for conservatives, anti-gay hate groups, republicans, religious extremists, bigots and homophobes .

"Today SCOTUS will determine if the United States is governed by a religion or by a constitution."
Well said.

cheers

Historic Same-Sex Marriage Case Finally Reaches Supreme Court

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/28/supreme-court-same-sex-marriage-arguments_n_7158274.html

If I were you, edge, I wouldn't propose to my life partner just yet.
But if you do, I'd be more than happy to bake your cake.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/29/us/supreme-court-same-sex-marriage.html?_r=0

At the start of Tuesday’s arguments, Chief Justice Roberts said that he had looked up definitions of marriage and had been unable to find one written before a dozen years ago that did not define it as between a man and a woman. “If you succeed, that definition will not be operable,” the Chief Justice said. “You are not seeking to join the institution. You are seeking to change the institution.”
Justice Kennedy, who many consider the likely swing vote on the case, weighed in with skepticism as the advocates for gay marriage made their case. He said the definition of marriage “has been with us for millennia.”
“It’s very difficult for the court to say, ‘Oh, we know better,’ ” he said.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/28/2015, 11:32 am

happy jack wrote:

Not to worry jack, unlike you, I have never considered that as an option and never will.

Quote :
Likewise. lol!  Give me two weeks notice.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/28/2015, 11:42 am

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Not to worry jack, unlike you, I have never considered that as an option and never will.

Quote :

Thanks.
Red velvet, cream cheese icing, and both groom cake-toppers wearing chaps, feather boas, and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/28/2015, 11:45 am

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Quote :

Thanks.
Red velvet, cream cheese icing, and both groom cake-toppers wearing chaps, feather boas, and nothing else.

No problem.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/29/2015, 9:35 am

happy jack wrote:

edge540 wrote:

Maybe you just haven't met Mr. Right.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/29/2015, 11:59 am

happy jack wrote:
happy jack wrote:

edge540 wrote:

Maybe you just haven't met Mr. Right.

Nah, I've never had the desire to meet a Mr. Right because unlike you I don't have the capability of choosing to be attracted to men.
Must be something only conservatives are blessed with.
You're very fortunate that you can "choose" to be on the other team.
You lucky dog.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/29/2015, 3:28 pm

edge540 wrote:

Nah, I've never had the desire to meet a Mr. Right because unlike you I don't have the capability of choosing to be attracted to men.

Sure you do, edge.
You just have to dig down deep and find your inner homo - you know you have one.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/29/2015, 3:42 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Sure you do, edge.
You just have to dig down deep and find your inner homo - you know you have one.

Nope I don't think so. I know I have no such thing. Heterosexuals do not have an inner homo but I certainly can understand why you would think that since you have the capability of "choosing" to be attracted to men. Looks like you have it.
Just because you can find it doesn't mean everybody else can.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/30/2015, 6:47 pm

Scorpion wrote:

I highly suspect that the reason conservatives, ant-gay hate groups, many republicans, and homophobes refuse to believe that gays and bi people were born that way is that many of the anti-gay people are closeted homosexuals or bisexuals.   For someone like that, it is a choice.

So these people have made their choice, and expect others to choose as they have chosen.  Of course, we often hear of so-called "moral values" politicians and others who have been caught having gay sex.  They claim that they have "back-slided," and given into temptation, and other ridiculous excuses. But a person who is actually heterosexual is never going to be engaging in gay sex. A true heterosexual can't be tempted into "gayness," by definition.

Bingo!
We have a winner, folks.
N.D. legislator who voted against gay rights bill caught sending pics on Grindr

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/29/n-d-legislator-caught-sending-grindr-pics-after-voting-against-gay-rights-bill/

From the comments:

"Being gay is not a choice. Cowardice and hypocrisy are".

Hey jack, another winner!
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty5/1/2015, 9:10 am

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Sure you do, edge.

Nope I don't think so. I know I have no such thing. Heterosexuals do not have an inner homo but I certainly can understand why you would think that since you have the capability of "choosing" to be attracted to men. Looks like you have it.
Just because you can find it doesn't mean everybody else can.

That poster of a shirtless Barack Obama taped to the ceiling above your bed tells me otherwise.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty5/3/2015, 6:49 pm

happy jack wrote:

That poster of a shirtless Barack Obama taped to the ceiling above your bed tells me otherwise.

No, that's Michelle.
You should get one, it would complement your poster of a shirtless Rush Limbaugh.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty6/27/2015, 8:11 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/us/scotus-same-sex-marriage-gay-culture.html?_r=0

Historic Day for Gays, but Twinge of Loss for an Outsider Culture
By JODI KANTORJUNE 26, 2015

………

And so just as the gay marriage movement peaks, so does a debate about whether gay identity is dimming, overtaken by its own success. “What do gay men have in common when they don’t have oppression?” asked Andrew Sullivan, one of the intellectual architects of the marriage movement. “I don’t know the answer to that yet.”
John Waters, the film director and patron saint of the American marginal, warned graduates to heed the shift in a recent commencement speech at the Rhode Island School of Design. “Refuse to isolate yourself. Separatism is for losers,” he said, adding, “Gay is not enough anymore.”
No one is arguing that prejudice has come close to disappearing, especially outside major American cities, as waves of hate crimes, suicides by gay teenagers and workplace discrimination attest. Far from everyone agrees that marriage rights are the apotheosis of liberation. But even many who raced to the altar say they feel loss amid the celebrations, a bittersweet sense that there was something valuable about the creativity and grit with which gay people responded to stigma and persecution.
For decades, they built sanctuaries of their own: neighborhoods and vacation retreats where they could escape after workdays in the closet; bookstores where young people could find their true selves and one another. Symbols like the rainbow flag expressed joy and collective defiance, a response to disapproving families, laws that could lead to arrests for having sex and the presumption that to be lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender was shameful.
“The thing I miss is the specialness of being gay,” said Lisa Kron, who wrote the book and lyrics for “Fun Home,” a Broadway musical with a showstopping number sung by a young girl captivated by her first glimpse of a butch woman. “Because the traditional paths were closed, there was a consciousness to our lives, a necessary invention to the way we were going to celebrate and mark family and mark connection. That felt magical and beautiful.”
Ms. Kron is 54, and her sentiments seem to resonate among gay people of her generation and older. “People are missing a sense of community, a sense of sharing,” said Eric Marcus, 56, the author of “Making Gay History.”
“There is something wonderful about being part of an oppressed community,” Mr. Marcus said.

………

Just no pleasing some people.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty7/7/2015, 4:44 pm

If you know a homosexual who is comatose, remember, you can always comfort his family by saying, “Look at it this way, folks. He was a fruit, now he’s a vegetable. At least he’s still in the produce section.”

George Carlin
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/6/2017, 5:05 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Once the data began coming in, the responsibility to stop spreading, and hence contracting, AIDS was on the individuals themselves, not on Reagan.
Really? Reagan was POTUS for crying out loud!. Who better to acknowledge the problem and help get the message out? Think he would have stayed silent if a virus that mainly infected Christians was ravaging the country?
Quote :
If the right voices would have stood up and told the gay community to look to their own behavior as a large part of the problem, as well as a large part of the solution, a whole lot of heartbreak could have been avoided.
Yeah,like maybe the Surgeon General of the US at the time? Oh wait....he couldn't..
Quote :
Dr. C. Everett Koop, Reagan's surgeon general, has said that because of "intradepartmental politics" he was cut out of all AIDS discussions for the first five years of the Reagan administration. The reason, he explained, was "because transmission of AIDS was understood to be primarily in the homosexual population and in those who abused intravenous drugs." The president's advisers, Koop said, "took the stand, 'They are only getting what they justly deserve.' "
http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/openforum/article/Reagan-s-AIDS-Legacy-Silence-equals-death-2751030.php
Maybe St Ronnie got what he deserved too. Living out his last years crapping in his pants and not knowing who or where the hell he was. Very Happy

Artie60438 wrote:
Think he would have stayed silent if a virus that mainly infected Christians was ravaging the country?

happy jack wrote:

Which specific behavior do Christians engage in en masse that would cause them to be susceptible to a virus that is spread primarily through promiscuous and unprotected anal sex?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/george-michael-sexual-freedom_us_58e658cbe4b06a4cb30ff985?f0r14rt1ykicqh0k9&

QUEER VOICES
04/06/2017 12:21 pm ET

Sexual Freedom Party To Be Held In Park Where George Michael Cruised For Sex
He wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.

By James Michael Nichols

LGBTQ people and their allies will come together this weekend for a celebration of the life and sexuality of George Michael in a park where the artist used to engage in cruising FOR SEX.
Organized by Queer Tours of London and Camden LGBT Forum, The “Sexual Freedom Party” will take place on Saturday, April 8 at Hampstead Heath. Those involved with the event told The Huffington Post that they wanted to honor the legacy of George Michael while simultaneously celebrating his openness and positivity when it came to sex.
“George created space for the rest of us to have the courage to harness our communities rich history of creativity and defiance to continue the journey towards true liberation,” organizer Dan Glass told The Huffington Post. “In the spirit of this we didn’t want George’s legacy to be co-opted by the very homophobic institutions that caused him such misery. We wanted to create a space for the very things that made George happy amongst all the misery inflicted upon him - so a party for sexual freedom with the London LGBTQI+ community in the space he loved so much - Hampstead Heath - it was to be!”
Glass went on to say that there is immense power in the act of cruising, or looking for sexual partners in public spaces, for the LGBTQ community.
“The significance of cruising is huge,” Glass told The Huffington Post. “In a society where homophobic hate crime is on the rise whilst simultaneously heterosexual communities have actively promoted infrastructure for community building and sexual relationships everywhere ― the LGBTQI+ community have had to be subversive, intelligent and feral in our fundamental human need of desire and connection - and Hampstead Heath is one of our cultural heartlands.”

Ah, yes - harness your innate "immense power" to cruise for sex with completely random and anonymous strangers in parks, then blame the president when you contract AIDS.
Sounds reasonable to me.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty4/6/2017, 5:47 pm

http://www.thetaskforce.org/breaking-trump-administration-omits-lgbtq-people-from-2020-census-and-american-community-survey/

BREAKING: TRUMP ADMINISTRATION OMITS LGBTQ PEOPLE FROM 2020 CENSUS AND AMERICAN COMMUNITY SURVEY

WASHINGTON, DC, March 28, 2017—Today, the Trump Administration submitted to Congress a report of the list of categories of data it plans to collect for the 2020 Census and the American Community Survey (ACS). In this morning’s version of the Administration’s report, while it conspicuously excluded lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBTQ) people on the list of “planned subjects” for the nation’s decennial census and longer form survey, “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” were included as “proposed” subjects in the appendix—indicating that data collection on these categories may have been in the works in an earlier version. Last year, a number of federal agencies urged the Census Bureau to collect sexual orientation and gender identity data, explaining that the information was critical to their ability to implement and enforce the law.
“Today, the Trump Administration has taken yet another step to deny LGBTQ people freedom, justice, and equity, by choosing to exclude us from the 2020 Census and American Community Survey. LGBTQ people are not counted on the Census—no data is collected on sexual orientation or gender identity. Information from these surveys helps the government to enforce federal laws like the Violence Against Women Act and the Fair Housing Act and to determine how to allocate resources like housing supports and food stamps. If the government doesn’t know how many LGBTQ people live in a community, how can it do its job to ensure we’re getting fair and adequate access to the rights, protections and services we need?” said Meghan Maury, Criminal and Economic Justice Project Director, National LGBTQ Task Force.
This decision is part of a string of actions by the Trump Administration to remove sexual orientation and gender identity questions from federal surveys and to stall assessment of programs targeting the LGBTQ community. The Census does collect data on same-sex couples through its “relationship to householder” question; this results in a very narrow depiction of the needs and experiences of our community.
“We call on President Trump and his Administration to begin collecting sexual orientation and gender identity data on the American Community Survey as soon as possible and urge Congress to conduct oversight hearings to reveal why the Administration made the last-minute decision not to collect data on LGBTQ people,” said Maury.
For over a decade, the National LGBTQ Task Force has been at the forefront of national data collection advocacy efforts by urging the President, Congress, and the Census Bureau to collect data that accurately reflects the country’s population of LGBTQ people. In 2010, the National LGBTQ Task Force launched the “Queer the Census” campaign calling on LGBTQ people to urge the Census Bureau to count them in the 2010 Census. More than 100,000 LGBTQ people placed a “Queer the Census” sticker on their 2010 Census envelops, asking the federal agency to count them and collect data on LGBTQ people. Since 2014, Maury has served on the National Advisory Committee on Racial, Ethnic, and Other Populations, where she provides advice to the Census Bureau on this and various other data collection issues.

Apparently, we have moved on from 'Keep the government out of our bedrooms!' to 'Why doesn't the government just install a Barcalounger in our bedrooms and watch us fuck?'
I guess that's progress, of a sort.
It never, ever ends, does it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Discrimination by gays
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4