Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Discrimination by gays

Go down 
+4
KarenT
UrRight
Artie60438
Scorpion
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/28/2011, 12:31 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

I don't see it as discrimination for the simple reason there are only 9 or 10 members on a team. If you don't set some sort of limit it kinda defeats the whole purpose of the league.

The "whole purpose" of the league, in case you haven't figured out from the name of the league, is to limit the participation of people of a specific sexual orientation. That is the very definition of discrimination.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/28/2011, 12:34 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

I thought the exact same thing.
When it comes to equal rights, I had no idea that one party was required to justify his desire to exercise those rights. I mean, seriously - I always thought rights were rights. For example, the 1st amendment doesn't require a citizen to state the reasons he feels he is entitled to free speech, does it?[/b
No,nor does it exclude me from questioning their motives.
By all means, question their motives all you want. But at the end of the day, you must allow them their equal rights.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/28/2011, 12:38 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
[/i]
Yeah,well it clearly states that non-gays are allowed to play. So your statement was dead wrong.
[b]You are absolutely correct - non-gays are allowed to play. So that apparently means that the gays are not discriminating against all non-gays. They are merely discriminating against all non-gays except two. Now that I have admitted my egregious error and have, hopefully, clarified my meaning, I trust that the whinylittlegirlfest instigated by my unintentional misstatement will come to an end. [/b[/quote]
One more notch on my gun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/28/2011, 11:09 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

One more notch on my gun Very Happy
If by "one more notch on my gun" you mean that you caught me making one completely insignificant error while you clouded the entire debate after finding yourself up a tree, then, yes, you have one more notch on your gun. But you might want to put one more notch in your belt to help hold your pants up as you run away from this argument.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/29/2011, 10:53 am

Scorpion wrote:

I am not "derailing the thread" by asking a simple question. My question is just that, a question, and is not an attempt to "frame the debate." It's merely an attempt to ascertain if this is actually discrimination, or if it is something else... and I really don't understand why you're refusing to answer any questions.

Fair enough.
So, in answer to your question - to limit the participation of people of a specific sexual orientation within a given venue is, without doubt, the very definition of discrimination (or so I've been told).
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/29/2011, 5:04 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

I am not "derailing the thread" by asking a simple question. My question is just that, a question, and is not an attempt to "frame the debate." It's merely an attempt to ascertain if this is actually discrimination, or if it is something else... and I really don't understand why you're refusing to answer any questions.

Fair enough.
So, in answer to your question - to limit the participation of people of a specific sexual orientation within a given venue is, without doubt, the very definition of discrimination (or so I've been told).

Was that my question? Let's see...

Scorpion wrote:

OK, is it any different from (for example) barring girls from participating in boys sports? How is it different from not allowing women to compete in the NBA?

Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/29/2011, 9:25 pm

Why is this even an issue to discuss?

Sounds like you want to argue with a stop sign...
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/30/2011, 12:17 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Scorpion wrote:

OK, is it any different from (for example) barring girls from participating in boys sports? How is it different from not allowing women to compete in the NBA?

I'm not aware of any rule stating that women are not allowed to play in the NBA - if I am wrong, please correct me. I believe the fact that there are no women in the NBA has less to do with their ability to obtain permission to play than it does with their inability to credibly compete at that level.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/30/2011, 1:16 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Scorpion wrote:

[b]I'm not aware of any rule stating that women are not allowed to play in the NBA - if I am wrong, please correct me. I believe the fact that there are no women in the NBA has less to do with their ability to obtain permission to play than it does with their inability to credibly compete at that level.[/b

You're still dodging the main question he asked. Rolling Eyes
Quote :
OK, is it any different from (for example) barring girls from participating in boys sports?
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/30/2011, 1:56 pm

I don't know if it holds for every state but in Indiana there are no rules barring girls from competing in what are considered to be boys sports. I know of girls on football and wrestling teams. There is a girl competing in wrestling at Clark, for example, and she is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/30/2011, 2:03 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

Quote :
OK, is it any different from (for example) barring girls from participating in boys sports?
No, I don't think it's much different, other than the fact that it involves gender rather than orientation. I believe that that is also discrimination. If a girl can compete at the same level as a boy, she should be able to.
Now, as to dodging questions - can you answer the one I have been asking, which is:

How is limiting the participation by people of a specific sexual orientation in any given sphere of activity not discrimination?

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/30/2011, 2:12 pm

Robin Banks wrote:
I don't know if it holds for every state but in Indiana there are no rules barring girls from competing in what are considered to be boys sports. I know of girls on football and wrestling teams. There is a girl competing in wrestling at Clark, for example, and she is pretty good.
You are correct. There was a girl who played on my son's otherwise all-male football team, and my daughter played on an otherwise all-male hardball team while her female friends opted to play softball. It was the best thing she could have done, hitting-wise, because when she began playing softball later on, the ball looked to her like a big, slow, floating beach ball as it crossed the plate.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/30/2011, 2:21 pm

Artie60438 wrote:

Speaking of 'dodging', Artie - have you made that post on the other board yet?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty9/23/2011, 11:33 am

Refreshing to see that this was handled well by all concerned, except for the teacher who started the whole thing.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/22/texas-school-punishes-boy-for-opposing-homosexuality/

Texas School Punishes Boy for Opposing Homosexuality

By Todd Starnes
Published September 22, 2011

An honors student in Fort Worth, Texas, was sent to the principal’s office and punished for telling a classmate that he believes homosexuality is wrong.
Holly Pope said she was “absolutely stunned” when she received a telephone call from an assistant principal at Western Hills High School informing her that her son, Dakota Ary, had been sent to in-school suspension.
“Dakota is a very well-grounded 14-year-old,” she told Fox News Radio noting that her son is an honors student, plays on the football team and is active in his church youth group. “He’s been in church his whole life and he’s been taught to stand up for what he believes.”
And that’s what got him in trouble.
Dakota was in a German class at the high school when the conversation shifted to religion and homosexuality in Germany. At some point during the conversation, he turned to a friend and said that he was a Christian and “being a homosexual is wrong.”
“It wasn’t directed to anyone except my friend who was sitting behind me,” Dakota told Fox. “I guess [the teacher] heard me. He started yelling. He told me he was going to write me an infraction and send me to the office.”
Dakota was sentenced to one day in-school suspension – and two days of full suspension. His mother was flabbergasted, noting that her son had a spotless record, was an honor student, volunteered at his church and played on the school football team.
Officials at the high school did not return calls for comment. However, the Fort Worth Independent School District issued a statement that read:
“As a matter of course, Fort Worth ISD does not comment on specific employee or student-related issues. Suffice it to say that we are following district policy in our review of the circumstances and any resolution will likewise be in accordance with district policy.”
After a meeting with Pope and her attorney, the school rescinded the two-day suspension so Dakota would be allowed to play in an upcoming football game.
“They’ve righted all the wrongs,” said Matt Krause, an attorney with the Liberty Counsel. “This should have no lasting effect on his academic or personal record going forward.”
Pope contacted the Liberty Counsel immediately after her son was punished.
“I told the school that he should never have been suspended for exercising his Constitutional rights,” Krause told Fox News Radio. “The principal is sincere in trying to do the right thing and hopefully they will tell the teacher, ‘Do not do that anymore.’ He won’t be pushing his agenda.”
Krause called the incident “mind blowing” and said the teacher had frequently brought homosexuality into ninth grade classroom discussions.
“There has been a history with this teacher in the class regarding homosexual topics,” Krause said. “The teacher had posted a picture of two men kissing on a wall that offended some of the students.”
Krause said the picture was posted on the teacher’s “world wall.”
“He told the students this is happening all over the world and you need to accept the fact that homosexuality is just part of our culture now,” Krause said.
The school district would not comment on why a teacher was discussing homosexuality in a ninth grade German class.
“In German class there should be no talk of being pro-Gay or homosexual topics,” Krause said.
Dakota’s mother said she believes the teacher should apologize.
“He should never have been punished,” Pope said. “He didn’t disrupt the class. He wasn’t threatening. He wasn’t hostile. He made a comment to his friend and the teacher overheard it.”
“My son knows people that are homosexual,” she said. “He’s not saying, ‘I don’t like you.’ He’s saying, ‘I’m a Christian and I believe that being that way is wrong.’”
Krause said school leaders told Dakota that in the future he should be careful when and where he talks about his opposition to homosexuality – suggesting that he talk about such matters in the hallway instead of the classroom.
He said Liberty Counsel will monitor the situation to make sure there is no future retaliation. Meantime, Pope said her son will return to the teacher’s classroom.
“I’ve told him to treat this teacher with respect,” she said. “He is your elder. He is your teacher. What his beliefs are or what they are not – outside the school is none of our business.”

Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty9/23/2011, 6:23 pm

I agree he should have been able to express his opinion without punishment.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty4/26/2012, 9:44 am

Nothing to do with gays, but the situation is similar - discrimination by a traditional 'victim group'.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/thirteen-year-old-boy-barred-from-girls-varsity-field-hockey-team-042612

Boy barred from field hockey team

UPDATED APR 26, 2012 6:13 AM ET
SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y.

Keeling Pilaro is one of the best field hockey players in Southampton, N.Y., and one of the best in his division -- but he is not allowed to play on his high school team because he is too good.
Keeling is all of about 4-foot-8 and 82 pounds, but when he picks up a field hockey stick he is a star -- or at least he was the last two years he played on Southampton High School's varsity team. That is exactly why he is not allowed to play this year.
The 13-year-old is the only boy playing on an all-girls team. After two years, Section XI -- which oversees Suffolk County's high school sports -- determined that as a boy, Keeling is such an impressive player, he is "having a significant adverse effect on some of his opposing female players ... the rules state he would be allowed to play if he wasn't the dominant player."
………
But Section XI's executive director, Ed Cinelli, told FOX's WNYW, "As a sport it's a girls sport. When a boy plays, it leads the way for other male players to come in and take over."
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty4/26/2012, 3:18 pm

Quote :
...the last two years he played on Southampton High School's varsity team. That is exactly why he is not allowed to play this year.

The 13-year-old is the only boy playing on an all-girls team....

Say what?
He played on a high school team when he was 11 years old? ...and now as he's 13 years old IN HIGH SCHOOL?
I think they got something wrong here.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty4/26/2012, 5:54 pm

edge540 wrote:
Quote :
...the last two years he played on Southampton High School's varsity team. That is exactly why he is not allowed to play this year.

The 13-year-old is the only boy playing on an all-girls team....

Say what?
He played on a high school team when he was 11 years old? ...and now as he's 13 years old IN HIGH SCHOOL?
I think they got something wrong here.

That doesn't look kosher, does it?
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty4/27/2012, 8:36 am

In New York you can be on varsity in 7th grade. This practice is done with wrestlers most commonly.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty5/17/2012, 9:00 pm

If anyone is interested, this lad ended up prevailing...

Boy Field Hockey Star Wins Appeal to Play on Girl’s Team

Quote :
Thirteen-year-old Keeling Pilaro scored a huge goal Tuesday night, May 15, when he won the right to play on the South Hampton High School girl's varsity field hockey squad in Suffolk County, Long Island. "I was jumping up and down; I was so excited when I heard," the boy told the Associated Press after the decision was announced by an attorney for the athletics committee. "I can play!"

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/22/2012, 12:24 pm

Classy.
Way to advocate for your cause.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/activists-take-out-frustration-ronald-reagan_647733.html

Activists Take Out Frustration on ... Ronald Reagan

11:18 AM, Jun 22, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

Last Friday, an attaché of important gay people from Philadelphia made a trip to Washington D.C. as invited guests of President Barack Obama for the White House’s first-ever gay pride reception. There, they danced to the sounds of a Marine Corps band; they dined on crab cakes and canapés; they hand-delivered letters from concerned citizens like this 18-year old who has had four people close to him gunned down, and noted rhyming raconteur CA Conrad; and some of them took advantage of photo opportunities to give the late President Ronald Reagan the middle finger.
“It’s not a gesture that I would use in the White House when representing our city and our community,” opines Philadelphia Gay News publisher Mark Segal (center), who opted for a sarcastic thumbs-up pose in front of the portrait of George W. Bush over the more vulgar one demonstrated by his Reagan-loathing peers, Matthew “Matty” Hart (left), the national director of public engagement at Solutions for Progress, and self-taught photographer turned toast-of-the-town Zoe Strauss (right).
“I have friends who work in that building,” Segal explains. “I’m not going to do something that could embarrass them or that could somehow damage a campaign that is so important. ‘Be on your best behavior,’ my staff told me.’ I think they know me too well.”
This wasn’t Segal’s first trip to the White House, having twice visited during Bill Clinton’s gay-friendly tenure. “One of the things on my bucket list was to dance with my boyfriend at the White House,” remarks Segal.”And this is the second time I got to do it. We come up to the main foyer, and what do they play? Barbra Streisand. ‘The Way We Were.’ And I thought, Are they going to play nothing but Barbra, Bette and Lady Gaga? I was waiting for ‘Over the Rainbow.’ I mean, this is the Marine band!” Clearly, Segal, a dedicated activist but also an astute political hobnobber, wants to be invited back.
But his counterparts couldn’t seem to care less. Hart posted his photo on Facebook with the caption, “Fuck Reagan.” Strauss simply posted hers without commentary. After all, the murderous facial expression and double-barreled bird-flipping seem to speak for themselves. Comments ranged from “you forgot to add with a chainsaw” on Hart’s “Fuck Reagan” note, to my personal favorite, “star wars … up yours,” on Strauss’s. ...
“Yeah, fuck Reagan,” reiterates Hart one week after the reception. “Ronald Reagan has blood on his hands. The man was in the WhiteHouse as AIDS exploded, and he was happy to see plenty of gay men and queer people die. He was a murderous fool, and I have no problem saying so. Don’t invite me back. I don’t care.”
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/22/2012, 8:54 pm

Quote :
Geez, I wonder why...

Quote :
"My criticism is that [the gay movement] isn't just asking for civil rights; it's asking for recognition and acceptance of an alternative lifestyle which I do not believe society can condone, nor can I."
-Ronald Reagan
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/23/2012, 6:23 am

edge540 wrote:
Quote :
Geez, I wonder why...

Quote :
"My criticism is that [the gay movement] isn't just asking for civil rights; it's asking for recognition and acceptance of an alternative lifestyle which I do not believe society can condone, nor can I."
-Ronald Reagan
Reagan's AIDS Legacy / Silence equals death
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/23/2012, 10:38 am

edge540 wrote:
Quote :
Geez, I wonder why...
Why?
Because Reagan signed that executive order forcing hordes of gay men to have unprotected and promiscuous sex in bathhouses across the country.
That's why.

edge540 wrote:
Quote :
-Ronald Reagan
This quote has nothing whatsoever to do with AIDS.

Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty6/23/2012, 8:12 pm

happy jack wrote:
Because Reagan signed that executive order forcing hordes of gay men to have unprotected and promiscuous sex in bathhouses across the country.

Take that, Ryan White!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Discrimination by gays
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next