Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Discrimination by gays

Go down 
+4
KarenT
UrRight
Artie60438
Scorpion
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Heretic

Heretic

Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 8:13 pm

happy jack wrote:
This quote has nothing whatsoever to do with AIDS.

But has everything to do with their continued lack of equal rights. Hence their frustration...
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 9:18 pm

Heretic wrote:
Take that, Ryan White!

Oddly enough, those engaging in obscenities in the Obama White House did not identify themselves as spokesmen for Ryan White. They appeared to be more in tune with the bathhouse crowd, those who did not contract AIDS through a contaminated transfusion, but rather as a result of their own irresponsible behavior.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty6/24/2012, 3:25 pm

happy jack wrote:
...but rather as a result of their own irresponsible behavior.

A white teenager = tragedy. Gay man = got what he deserved.

Classy.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty6/24/2012, 5:27 pm

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
...but rather as a result of their own irresponsible behavior.

A white teenager = tragedy. Gay man = got what he deserved.

Classy.

Both are tragedies.
In the case of Ryan White and other victims like him, the tragedy lies in the fact that an already sick kid became even sicker, through no fault of his own.
In the case of countless others, the tragedy lies in the fact that many of the AIDS cases could have been prevented once it became clear that unprotected and promiscuous sex was the primary means of spreading the disease throughout the gay community. They didn’t get what they “deserved”, as you put it, but they did get what many of them should have seen coming. Once the data began coming in, the responsibility to stop spreading, and hence contracting, AIDS was on the individuals themselves, not on Reagan. Unfortunately, many mouthy activists did not want to be stigmatized by having AIDS recognized as a primarily “gay disease”, so warnings about unprotected sex amongst gays were essentially ignored, and myths were spread about the likelihood of the rampant proliferation of AIDS among heterosexuals so that the disease would appear to be mainstream and random rather than concentrated and behavior-selective. If the right voices would have stood up and told the gay community to look to their own behavior as a large part of the problem, as well as a large part of the solution, a whole lot of heartbreak could have been avoided.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty6/24/2012, 6:54 pm

happy jack wrote:
Once the data began coming in, the responsibility to stop spreading, and hence contracting, AIDS was on the individuals themselves, not on Reagan.
Really? Reagan was POTUS for crying out loud!. Who better to acknowledge the problem and help get the message out? Think he would have stayed silent if a virus that mainly infected Christians was ravaging the country?
Quote :
If the right voices would have stood up and told the gay community to look to their own behavior as a large part of the problem, as well as a large part of the solution, a whole lot of heartbreak could have been avoided.
Yeah,like maybe the Surgeon General of the US at the time? Oh wait....he couldn't..
Quote :
Dr. C. Everett Koop, Reagan's surgeon general, has said that because of "intradepartmental politics" he was cut out of all AIDS discussions for the first five years of the Reagan administration. The reason, he explained, was "because transmission of AIDS was understood to be primarily in the homosexual population and in those who abused intravenous drugs." The president's advisers, Koop said, "took the stand, 'They are only getting what they justly deserve.' "
http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/openforum/article/Reagan-s-AIDS-Legacy-Silence-equals-death-2751030.php
Maybe St Ronnie got what he deserved too. Living out his last years crapping in his pants and not knowing who or where the hell he was. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty6/24/2012, 7:29 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Really? Reagan was POTUS for crying out loud!. Who better to acknowledge the problem and help get the message out?

Who better?
I’ll tell you who better.
The advice would have been more strongly heeded coming from the peers of those afflicted. I don’t see them taking the advice of a president they all hated to begin with, do you?

Artie60438 wrote:
Think he would have stayed silent if a virus that mainly infected Christians was ravaging the country?

Which specific behavior do Christians engage in en masse that would cause them to be susceptible to a virus that is spread primarily through promiscuous and unprotected anal sex?

Artie60438 wrote:

Maybe St Ronnie got what he deserved too. Living out his last years crapping in his pants and not knowing who or where the hell he was. Very Happy

Bitter, angry little monkey, aincha?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty6/24/2012, 9:24 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Really? Reagan was POTUS for crying out loud!. Who better to acknowledge the problem and help get the message out?
Who better?
I’ll tell you who better.
The advice would have been more strongly heeded coming from the peers of those afflicted. I don’t see them taking the advice of a president they all hated to begin with, do you?
This may come as a shock to you but the POTUS is supposed to represent and advocate for ALL the people not just those that agree with him.
Artie60438 wrote:
Think he would have stayed silent if a virus that mainly infected Christians was ravaging the country?
Quote :
Which specific behavior do Christians engage in en masse that would cause them to be susceptible to a virus that is spread primarily through promiscuous and unprotected sex?
Sorry but that argument is just plain ignorant. Based on that idiotic logic I guess lung cancer in smokers should be ignored too,right? In 1982 it was found that the disease could be passed on to heterosexual women,yet that coward Reagan still ignored it.
Artie60438 wrote:

Quote :
Sorry to disappoint you but I'm a pretty happy camper when despicable people get what's coming to them. So in St Ronnie's case,a long slow agonizing death suited me just fine. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty6/25/2012, 10:16 am

happy jack wrote:
They didn’t get what they “deserved”, as you put it, but they did get what many of them should have seen coming. Once the data began coming in, the responsibility to stop spreading, and hence contracting, AIDS was on the individuals themselves, not on Reagan. Unfortunately, many mouthy activists did not want to be stigmatized by having AIDS recognized as a primarily “gay disease”, so warnings about unprotected sex amongst gays were essentially ignored, and myths were spread about the likelihood of the rampant proliferation of AIDS among heterosexuals so that the disease would appear to be mainstream and random rather than concentrated and behavior-selective.

Or not:

Quote :
In June 1982, a report of a group of cases amongst gay men in Southern California suggested that a sexually transmitted infectious agent might be the etiological agent, and the syndrome was initially termed "GRID", or gay-related immune deficiency.

Health authorities soon realized that nearly half of the people identified with the syndrome were not homosexual men. The same opportunistic infections were also reported among hemophiliacs, heterosexual intravenous drug users, and Haitian immigrants—leading some researchers to call it the "4H" disease.

By August 1982, the disease was being referred to by its new CDC-coined name: Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS).

I'd not heard the "they kinda brought it on themselves" conspiracy theory before. Thanks for that.

happy jack wrote:
If the right voices would have stood up and told the gay community to look to their own behavior as a large part of the problem, as well as a large part of the solution, a whole lot of heartbreak could have been avoided.

Or B) the Reagan administration could also have taken it more seriously far sooner and actually granted the additional funding the CDC and the NIH were repeatedly asking for, instead of ignoring what's still perceived to be "the gay disease". A whole lot of heartbreak could have been avoided.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty6/25/2012, 10:25 am

Artie60438 wrote:
Based on that idiotic logic I guess lung cancer in smokers should be ignored too,right?

Lung cancer caused by smoking and AIDS caused by high-risk sexual promiscuity are both preventable diseases. It is just a matter of controlling one’s own behavior.

Artie60438 wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you but I'm a pretty happy camper when despicable people get what's coming to them. So in St Ronnie's case,a long slow agonizing death suited me just fine. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty6/25/2012, 10:39 am

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Based on that idiotic logic I guess lung cancer in smokers should be ignored too,right?

[b]Lung cancer caused by smoking and AIDS caused by high-risk sexual promiscuity are both preventable diseases. It is just a matter of controlling one’s own behavior.
So I guess your same nutty logic would also apply to first responders like firemen who enter burning buildings for years. How about the folks who responded to 911 and subsequently have suffered from debilitating respiratory diseases. They get what they deserved too?
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty6/25/2012, 10:49 am

And let's not forget:

The Great Communicator wrote:
It is true that some medical sources had said that [HIV] cannot be communicated in any way other than the ones we already know and which would not involve a child being in the school. And yet medicine has not come forth unequivocally and said, 'This we know for a fact, that it is safe.' And until they do, I think we just have to do the best we can with this problem.

He chose to stoke the fires of paranoia rather than calm them by reiterating what the CDC had stated weeks before, that casual contact poses no risk.

Obviously the right move.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty6/25/2012, 12:20 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

[b]Lung cancer caused by smoking and AIDS caused by high-risk sexual promiscuity are both preventable diseases. It is just a matter of controlling one’s own behavior.
So I guess your same nutty logic would also apply to first responders like firemen who enter burning buildings for years. How about the folks who responded to 911 and subsequently have suffered from debilitating respiratory diseases. They get what they deserved too?

You've finally snapped, haven't you?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty6/25/2012, 4:55 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Game...Set...Match!
Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ3Hb1r7Q9dDUZ7QwVoickGJ9_uMWBiEBekR5QUGy8gksmzqkE5w
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty6/25/2012, 5:16 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Game...Set...Match!
Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ3Hb1r7Q9dDUZ7QwVoickGJ9_uMWBiEBekR5QUGy8gksmzqkE5w

Running into burning buildings to save lives is a duty, a responsibility, and even a calling for some.
Succumbing to the urges of self-gratification by leisurely sucking in lungfuls of known carcinogens or poking someone in the rump with one’s penis is neither a duty, a responsibility, nor a calling.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty4/24/2015, 10:28 am

I don’t see anything “homophobic” about the poster; more like homoneutral, if anything.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/23/straight-pride-posters-youngstown-state-university_n_7120038.html

'Straight Pride' Posters Appear On Ohio's Youngstown State University Campus

The Huffington Post  |  By Nick Visser
Posted: 04/23/2015 5:20 pm EDT Updated: 04/23/2015 6:59 pm EDT

Students at an Ohio university say they were "blindsided" earlier this week after homophobic messages appeared around campus.
Signs advocating for a week of "straight pride" appeared on Ohio's Youngstown State University campus earlier this week. The anonymously posted messages called for students to kick off finals week "by not annoying the shit out of everyone about your sexual orientation," and not "telling everyone how 'different' you are."

Smaller text at the bottom of the sign reads: "Brought to you by the students that are sick of hearing about your LGBT pride. Nobody cares about what you think you are, or what you want to have sex with. We have nothing against your sexual orientation. We just don't give a fuck."

………
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty4/24/2015, 2:08 pm

Do you think that individuals "choose" to be gay?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty4/24/2015, 5:53 pm

Scorpion wrote:

I have no way of knowing what goes on in the mind of any given individual.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty4/24/2015, 7:31 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Well let's see what went on, or is going on in your mind.
Did you "choose" to be gay or straight?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty4/24/2015, 8:20 pm

edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

A gym teacher once offered me an option.
I chose straight.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty4/24/2015, 8:51 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

I chose straight.

Why?
What did you "choose" to be before the gym teacher offered you an option?
In other words, just when exactly did you "choose" to be straight?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty4/24/2015, 8:58 pm

edge540 wrote:
  What did you "choose" to be before the gym teacher offered you an option?

Latvian Orthodox.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty4/25/2015, 1:32 pm

edge540 wrote:

Quote :
I chose straight.

Why?

And just when exactly did you "choose" to be straight prior to this incident?
When did you "choose" to be attracted to females?...or are you attracted to males as well?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty4/27/2015, 10:26 am

edge540 wrote:

………
When did you "choose" to be attracted to females?

The precise date and time elude me, but I would guess that it was about the time I noticed that girls looked and smelled better than boys.

edge540 wrote:

...or are you attracted to males as well?

No, I’m not, but I’ll always have that option, right?
You know, the ‘right to choose’, that thing so many people so vociferously tout when it suits their argument.
But when that very phrase becomes an embarrassing inconvenience to the argument they are trying to make, suddenly it becomes:
Choice?
What do you mean, you made a choice?
Harumph!
We’ll have none of that here!!!!
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty4/27/2015, 12:15 pm

happy jack wrote:
edge540 wrote:

………
When did you "choose" to be attracted to females?

The precise date and time elude me, but I would guess that it was about the time I noticed that girls looked and smelled better than boys.
You're seriously trying to tell me you chose to be attracted to girls? Really, LOL?
So let me get this straight, if you wanted to, you could be attracted to males? Is that what you're telling me?
I know that I could never, ever be attracted to males.

edge540 wrote:

...or are you attracted to males as well?

happy jack wrote:
No, I’m not, but I’ll always have that option, right?
Yeah, I suppose if you are bi sexual you would have that option. You must obviously be bi sexual, otherwise if you are straight why would want to or "choose" to be gay when you're straight?
So you're a switch hitter?
I know I never made any "choice" to be gay or straight, I know I was born straight. I did not "choose" to be straight or gay and I don't know of anybody else who did, EXCEPT YOU jack. Isn't that amazing?
No, I don't have any option of being or "choosing" to be gay like you. Gay people say they are born like that and I believe them, don't you? Straight people like myself are born straight.
So why do conservatives, anti-gay hate groups, republicans, religious extremists, bigots and homophobes not believe them?

Please tell us jack.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty4/27/2015, 3:46 pm

edge540 wrote:
        You must obviously be bi sexual,

No, I’m not, but I do have that option. I just choose to not exercise that option.

edge540 wrote:
        I know I never made any "choice" to be gay or straight, I know I was born straight.

Of course you know that, but you, and only you, knows what goes on in your mind.

edge540 wrote:
        ….  otherwise if you are straight why would want to or "choose" to be gay when you're straight?

I never said that I wanted to be gay.
I like women, remember?

edge540 wrote:

No, I don't have any option of being or "choosing" to be gay like you.

That’s right, you don’t have the option of choosing to be gay like me, mainly due to the fact that I am not gay. See above.

edge540 wrote:
        Gay people say they are born like that and I believe them, don't you? Straight people like myself are born straight.

As I said earlier, I have no way of knowing what is in any given person’s mind.
But it must be nice for liberals to have the ability to know what is in a person’s mind; they certainly seem to know what is in a person’s mind when that person commits a crime against some sacred and protected victim group and that person is then charged with committing a hate crime.
So, there ya go, edge – your mind-reading ability runs the gamut from hate crimes to anal sex, and that’s a pretty good trick.
Do you hire yourself out for parties?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination by gays   Discrimination by gays - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Discrimination by gays
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next