Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Liberal media? What liberal media?

Go down 
+3
KarenT
edge540
Artie60438
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Scorpion

Scorpion

Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty8/30/2019, 5:38 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Kavanaugh?  Seriously?  So now you're blaming the media for the Kavanaugh debacle?

Yes, I am.
If not for the media, who do you think was responsible for propagating the clearly false and nonsensical allegations against him (other than, of course, Christine Ballsy Fjord, Michael Avenatti, et. al.)?

Unfortunately, we cannot know that the allegations against Kavanaugh are "clearly false." We could have known the answer to that question, but the GOP refused to do a complete investigation.

The GOP failed to read the mood of the country, especially the mood of the women in this country. All the GOP had to do was to call for a full investigation. That's all they had to do. There were errors made by both parties, but the most egregious one that was made was the decision to shut down the investigation. Like I said before, now we don't know if a rapist is sitting on the Supreme Court bench.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty9/2/2019, 4:19 am

Scorpion wrote:

Unfortunately, we cannot know that the allegations against Kavanaugh are "clearly false."  

Unfortunately, it is up to the accuser(s) to substantiate allegations they've made against another person. They cannot simply toss out allegations and then demand that the allegations be believed.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty9/6/2019, 3:29 pm

Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Kavanaugh?  Seriously?  So now you're blaming the media for the Kavanaugh debacle?

Yes, I am.
If not for the media, who do you think was responsible for propagating the clearly false and nonsensical allegations against him (other than, of course, Christine Ballsy Fjord, Michael Avenatti, et. al.)?

Unfortunately, we cannot know that the allegations against Kavanaugh are "clearly false."  We could have known the answer to that question, but the GOP refused to do a complete investigation.  

The GOP failed to read the mood of the country, especially the mood of the women in this country.  All the GOP had to do was to call for a full investigation.  That's all they had to do.  There were errors made by both parties, but the most egregious one that was made was the decision to shut down the investigation.  Like I said before, now we don't know if a rapist is sitting on the Supreme Court bench.    

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2019/09/04/christine-blasey-fords-attorney-admits-wanted-asterisk-next-kavanaughs-name-takes-scalpel-roe-v.-wade

………

The Daily Caller obtained a video of Christine Blasey-Ford’s attorney, Debra Katz, speaking to a group of the University of Baltimore’s Feminist Legal Theory Conference in April. Katz admits that part of Blasey-Ford’s motivation for accusing now-Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault in July 2018 was political.
Katz said, “In the aftermath of these hearings, I believe that Christine’s testimony brought about more good than the harm misogynist Republicans caused by allowing Kavanaugh on the court. He will always have an asterisk next to his name. When he takes a scalpel to Roe v. Wade, we will know who he is, we know his character, and we know what motivates him, and that is important; it is important that we know, and that is part of what motivated Christine.”

……...

Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty9/6/2019, 5:48 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Yes, I am.

Unfortunately, we cannot know that the allegations against Kavanaugh are "clearly false."  We could have known the answer to that question, but the GOP refused to do a complete investigation.  

The GOP failed to read the mood of the country, especially the mood of the women in this country.  All the GOP had to do was to call for a full investigation.  That's all they had to do.  There were errors made by both parties, but the most egregious one that was made was the decision to shut down the investigation.  Like I said before, now we don't know if a rapist is sitting on the Supreme Court bench.    

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2019/09/04/christine-blasey-fords-attorney-admits-wanted-asterisk-next-kavanaughs-name-takes-scalpel-roe-v.-wade

………

The Daily Caller obtained a video of Christine Blasey-Ford’s attorney, Debra Katz, speaking to a group of the University of Baltimore’s Feminist Legal Theory Conference in April. Katz admits that part of Blasey-Ford’s motivation for accusing now-Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault in July 2018 was political.
Katz said, “In the aftermath of these hearings, I believe that Christine’s testimony brought about more good than the harm misogynist Republicans caused by allowing Kavanaugh on the court. He will always have an asterisk next to his name. When he takes a scalpel to Roe v. Wade, we will know who he is, we know his character, and we know what motivates him, and that is important; it is important that we know, and that is part of what motivated Christine.”

……...

Just sayin'.

Sayin what, exactly?  I don't see anything in the quote that remotely indicates that "Blasey-Ford’s motivation for accusing now-Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault in July 2018 was political."

What Katz is babbling about is that it was part of the motivation for Ford to come forward and testify. It says nothing at all about her motivation to accuse Kavanaugh.

In any case, Katz shouldn't be running around telling anyone about her interpretation of a client's "motivations."  In reality, this probably says more about why Katz took Ford's case than it does about Ms Ford's "motivations."
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty9/9/2019, 9:10 am

Scorpion wrote:

Perhaps you should have Robert Mueller look into it.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty9/17/2019, 3:55 pm

https://apnews.com/b166b4bf4698411eaf2a13fdf2d4bd9c

The New York Times faces questions over Kavanaugh story
By DAVID BAUDER

NEW YORK (AP) — Between an offensive tweet and a significant revision, The New York Times’ handling of a new sexual misconduct allegation against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh attracted almost as much attention as the accusation itself.
Related coverage: Politics
The story also gave President Donald Trump and his allies fresh ammunition in his campaign against the media, where the Times was already a favorite target.
The revelation that led several Democratic presidential contenders to call for Kavanaugh’s impeachment came in the 11th paragraph of a story labeled “news analysis” that ran in the Sunday opinion section. The story is based on an upcoming book by Times reporters Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly, “The Education of Brett Kavanaugh: An Investigation,” about the junior justice’s brutal confirmation battle last year.

Headlined “Brett Kavanaugh Fit In With the Privileged Kids. She Did Not,” the story was primarily about Deborah Ramirez, a Connecticut woman who alleged that Kavanaugh, as a freshman at Yale in 1983, had pulled down his pants and thrust his penis at her. Kavanaugh has denied those claims.
Yet the authors said they’d uncovered a similar story involving Kavanaugh at another freshman-year party, where he allegedly exposed himself and friends pushed his penis into the hands of a female student. The story said former classmate Max Stier reported the incident to the FBI and senators as Kavanaugh’s nomination was being discussed, but the story said Stier would not discuss it with the authors. Kavanaugh would not comment on the story, a court spokeswoman said Monday.
After the story was posted online but before it was in the print edition, the Times revised the story to add that the book reported that the woman supposedly involved in the incident declined to be interviewed, and that her friends say she doesn’t recall the incident. While an editor’s note pointed out the revision, it did not say why those facts had been left out in the first place. A Times spokeswoman said no one was available for an interview on Monday.

………

…. and when this story dies down, you can bring up the whole Blasey Ford thing again, and when that story dies down, you can revisit that whole Trump/Russia collusion thing again, and when that inevitably fizzles out, etc., etc., etc., etc., ….
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty9/21/2019, 3:28 pm

https://babylonbee.com/news/new-york-times-reveals-source-on-kavanaugh-allegations-was-reputable-nigerian-prince

New York Times Reveals Source On Kavanaugh Allegations Was Reputable Nigerian Prince

September 16th, 2019

NEW YORK, NY—Many people criticized the New York Times' recent piece bringing to light new and recycled Brett Kavanaugh allegations, especially after the website issued a disclaimer admitting basically nobody remembered the alleged incident.
But the Times is standing by its story, going so far as to reveal its source: a reputable Nigerian prince who emailed the investigative reporters offering information in exchange for funds to be wired via MoneyGram.
"The Nigerian prince contacted us and said he had dirt on Kavanaugh, and who were we to question his story?" said Kate Kelly, one of the reporters who worked on the piece and new book on Kavanaugh. "Who  do we look like, Dick Tracy? If Nigerian royalty contacts you asking for a million dollars and promises you information on Kavanaugh, you have to act on that kind of lead."
The Times reproduced the email the Nigerian prince sent them:
SUBJECT: I AM CONTACT YOU IN RESPECT OF FAMILY GOLD TREASURE FOR KAVANAH INFO
Dear sirs and/or madams,
My name is Bob Smith.I have very much need of reliable persons and it is my reason for contacting you today.I have a very big family treasure in the sum of $1,000,000 U.S. pounds and need this money extradited out of the country immediately.I hear you are in need of many information on Bret Kavanah the evil white devil judge.If you help me I am very willing to help you in return with money of a sizable nature.But first I require funds to come via wire and when wired money has come I will be able to leave my country and come to you with even more riches than your most wild imaginations can contain.Thank you for listening today but we will here from you soon.
HIS MAJESTY BOB SMITH
HIGHEST PRINCE OF NIGERIA AND COOL GUY
"As you can see," Kelly continued, "this was pretty well-researched and the source was pretty darn reputable."
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty1/2/2020, 7:56 am

https://nypost.com/2020/01/01/jewish-man-attacked-by-two-women-after-trying-to-film-anti-semitic-tirade/

Jewish man attacked by two women after trying to film anti-Semitic tirade

By Larry Celona, C.J. Sullivan, Craig McCarthy and Ebony Bowden
January 1, 2020 | 4:53pm | Updated

Two female attackers yelled “F— you Jew” and “I will kill you Jews” at a Brooklyn man before shoving him to the ground when he tried to film their anti-Semitic screed, law enforcement sources and witnesses said Wednesday.
The two African American women approached the 22-year-old Hasidic victim at Gerry and Rutledge Streets in Broadway Triangle where they began taunting him with anti-Semitic slurs, the law enforcement source said.
The first woman began yelling at the victim before the second woman grabbed his cell phone, broke it in half and threw it to the ground, the source said.

……...

The victim sustained minor injuries after he was hit in the face with a cell phone, police said, but did not confirm whether the assault was a hate crime.

……...

Well, then.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty2/2/2020, 11:37 am

https://babylonbee.com/news/cnn-criticizes-d-day-soldiers-for-lack-of-diversity

CNN Condemns D-Day Soldiers For Lack Of Diversity

February 1st, 2020

ATLANTA, GA—Everyone was really happy that the Allied forces stopped Hitler. Everyone, that is, except CNN, who published a retrospective on the war this week, zeroing in on the real issue of Operation Overlord: no gay female trans POCs in any of the units.
While most people were really grateful that Hitler was defeated, despite the U.S. military's wider segregation issues at the time, most people are not as woke as CNN, who condemned the entire operation as racist and xenophobic.
"Ugh, look at all these cisgendered males," the CNN opinion piece read. "At some point, you have to ask yourself which is worse: living under Hitler's regime or getting rescued by straight, white males."
"The obvious answer, of course, is straight white males. They're always worse. Then again, you could argue that they're literally Hitler, and you're back to square one."
While CNN acknowledged that many minority soldiers fought both on D-Day and during the wider war, the piece argued that since the Allied task force did not meet CNN's modern diversity standards, the Allied effort should be condemned today.
"Other people focus on the minor things, like the fact that Hitler was ousted, but we've got the real story. Do better, Allies. Do better."
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty4/2/2020, 5:22 pm

CNN Publishes Real News Story For April Fools' Day

April 1st, 2019

ATLANTA, GA—Fooling thousands of readers in a prank that the cable news organization said was "just for fun," CNN published a real news story for April Fools' Day this year.
The story simply contained a list of facts, with no embellishment, editorializing, or invented details. The story also didn't cite shaky "anonymous sources" and only quoted firsthand witnesses to the event. It was completely factual without any errors whatsoever.
Baffled CNN fans immediately knew something was up.
"I was reading this story, and I was like, 'Wait, what is this?'" said one man in New York who relies on CNN for his fake news every morning. "They really got me good. Then I looked up at the calendar and I realized I'd been duped. A classic gag!"
"Those little rascals!" he added, shaking his head and laughing good-naturedly. "As long as they return to their regularly scheduled fake news tomorrow, we're good. We're good."
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty4/25/2020, 4:47 pm

Trump Says To Drink Lots Of Water, Media Reports He Told Everyone To Drown Themselves

April 24th, 2020

WASHINGTON, D.C.—At his press conference last night, President Trump told everyone to stay hydrated and drink lots of water.
"Water's tremendous, very powerful stuff," he said. "You won't believe the things they can do with water. Water balloons. Water slides. Water beds. It's amazing. You can freeze it and make ice, I'm told. Ice is great for lots of things. Ice cream. Ice cubes. Igloos."
"Anyway, drink water."
Horrified journalists scrambled to warn Americans not to drown themselves in their pools and bathtubs.
"Trump says water is good -- but this is very misleading," said Rachel Maddow. "Did you know that water kills many people every year? These dangerous, unhinged remarks from the president could cause many to drown themselves. Plus, do you know what's hidden in water? Sharks. This president wants you to die from a shark attack!"
Representatives for various bottled water companies quickly released a statement distancing themselves from the president's remarks and warning everyone not to submerge themselves in the ocean for minutes at a time.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty5/17/2020, 12:56 pm

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-shooting-georgia/caravan-of-georgia-activists-to-hold-rally-for-slain-black-jogger-idUSKBN22S0E1

Georgia rally for slain black jogger calls for removing district attorneys

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/newsom-christian-murders/

(Some of the details presented in initial press accounts of the crime later proved to be inaccurate: The perpetrators did not cut off Christopher Newsom’s penis or Channon Christian’s breast, they murdered Christian within a day of the kidnapping rather than holding her captive for several days, they poured cleaning solution into Christian’s mouth to eliminate DNA evidence rather than as a form of torture, and they did not shoot Christian or set her body on fire as they did with Newsom.)

Well, that's very different, then.
So, don't you dare march or hold any rallies, you white-privileged cocksucking motherfucking assholes.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty5/18/2020, 11:32 am

Oddly enough, this never became an issue during the Barry Regime.
Imagine that.

https://www.salon.com/2020/05/18/veterans-affairs-tells-salon-it-intends-to-preserve-swastikas-in-us-cemeteries/

Veterans Affairs tells Salon it intends to "preserve" swastikas in U.S. cemeteries
National Cemetery Administration says law protects "divisive" symbols, including swastikas on three Nazi graves

Roger Sollenberger
May 18, 2020 10:00AM

The Department of Veterans Affairs is taking heat from Congress after rejecting a civil rights group's request to remove headstones engraved with Nazi iconography from the national cemetery at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas — as originally reported by Salon — opting instead to "continue to preserve" the markers.

……...
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty8/13/2020, 3:56 pm

http://nsjonline.com/article/2020/08/vigil-scheduled-for-5-year-old-murdered-in-wilson/

https://6abc.com/cannon-hinnant-5-year-old-shot-cnn-boy/6368748/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/cannon-hinnant-boy-shot-cycling-yard-north-carolina-a9667566.html

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/heres-what-happened-to-cannon-hinnant-the-5-year-old-who-was-fatally-shot-in-the-head/ar-BB17VCMC?ocid=uxbndlbing

Here's What Happened to Cannon Hinnant, the 5-Year-Old Who Was Fatally Shot in the Head
Meghan Roos 3 hrs ago

A North Carolina man is in custody and facing first-degree murder charges this week in the fatal shooting of a 5-year-old boy. Several local media outlets reported that the boy, whom police identified as Cannon Hinnant, was shot in the head at point-blank range in Wilson, North Carolina.
On Monday, the Wilson Police Department in North Carolina said they arrested a man who allegedly shot a 5-year-old boy to death.
Officers responded to reports of a shooting at about 5:30 p.m. Sunday evening, the Wilson Police Department said in a news release. After they arrived at the scene along the 5100 block of Archers Road, officers said, they found Hinnant suffering from a gunshot wound, according to the release. Officers and emergency medical services personnel tried to save Hinnant's life before he was taken to the nearby Wilson Medical Center, but he did not survive his injuries, the release said.

After the shooting, a manhunt began for a suspect, whom police identified later that night as 25-year-old Darius Sessoms. The search for Sessoms continued until Monday, when police said officers with the Wilson Police Department and the U.S. Marshals Service's Carolinas Regional Fugitive Task Force had him in custody.

Police said in a later release that officers arrested Sessoms at a home in Greensboro with help from the U.S. Marshals Service's Carolinas Violent Fugitive Task Force, Goldsboro police and the Wayne County Sheriff's Department. Sessoms was not released on bond, police said.
Wilson police did not say in the release if officers have identified a motive in the shooting. They asked anyone with information on the circumstances surrounding the incident to contact the Wilson Police Department or submit a tip to the local Crime Stoppers program.
The Wilson Police Department declined Newsweek's request for further comment.
Allan Wooten, an uncle of Hinnant's, told Goldsboro-based television station WNCN that Hinnant was playing outside with his siblings at the time of the shooting. One of Hinnant's mother's cousins, Rachel Pipkin, told the station that she knew Sessoms and that he has lived in the area for many years.
"We used to play together, and I never thought he'd kill someone," Pipkin told WNCN. "A mother now has to lay her son to rest at 5 years old, which she should never have to do."
Family members told the station Hinnant was scheduled to begin his first day of kindergarten this week.
A funeral is expected to take place Thursday and a candlelight vigil is scheduled on Friday, according to Charlotte-based television station WSOC-TV.
Sessoms was previously arrested multiple times, in 2015 and 2016, on federal and misdemeanor firearms and drug charges, public records from the North Carolina Department of Public Safety show.

Hey, out of curiosity - what were the respective races of the shooter and the victim?
Anyone?
Just axin' - thought that it might be worth mentioning.
On the other hand, it's probably just as well that it's being kept under wraps - wouldn't want all dem white devils stealing 60 inch TVs, would we?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Liberal media? What liberal media?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6