Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Liberal media? What liberal media?

Go down 
+3
KarenT
edge540
Artie60438
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty
PostSubject: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/20/2012, 12:15 pm

Absolute dipshits.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/07/aurora-abc-draws-possible-tea-party-connection-129568.html

ABC draws possible Tea Party connection with alleged Aurora shooter

ABC News has suggested that James Holmes -- the suspect in today's shooting in Aurora, Colorado -- may have a connection to the Tea Party.
ABC's Brian Ross reported this morning that there is "a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site... talking about him joining the Tea Party last year."
"Now, we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes," Ross cautioned "but it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado."
ABC News is the only network or cable news channel to suggest a possible Tea Party connection, according to a survey of the TV Eyes database at 9:30 a.m. ET, though they did not verify that the two individuals were one and the same. (This is the Tea Party Patriots page on which Ross based his report.)
The report has already set off alarm bells on the right. At Brietbart.com, the conservative news site, Joel Pollak has accused ABC News of "scapegoating."
"How interesting that Ross and ABC News should think to look to the Tea Party website first--and to broadcast politically volatile information without verifying if that 'Jim Holmes' is the same as the suspect," Pollak writes. "Look for more scapegoating from the mainstream media and the Democrats in the hours and days to follow."
I have reached out to ABC News for comment on its report, and will update here if and when I hear back.
UPDATE: ABC News apologizes for 'incorrect' Tea party report:
ABC News and Brian Ross are apologizing for an "incorrect" report that James Holmes, the suspect in the Colorado theater shooting, may have had connections to the Tea Party.
"An earlier ABC News broadcast report suggested that a Jim Holmes of a Colorado Tea Party organization might be the suspect, but that report was incorrect," ABC News said in a statement. "ABC News and Brian Ross apologize for the mistake, and for disseminating that information before it was properly vetted."
In a similar statement released minutes earlier, ABC News said the report was "incorrect" but did not include the apology. "Several other local residents with similar names were also contacted via social media by members of the public who mistook them for the suspect," the initial statement read.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/20/2012, 12:55 pm

happy jack wrote:
Absolute dipshits.
How true....Absolute scum of the earth these folks...
Mass Murder in Colorado Prompts Full-on Right Wing Victimhood Binge
Quote :
Right wing blogs are already freaking out in full-on persecuted victim mode, because an early report from ABC News wrongly confused the shooter with another James Holmes in Colorado, who is a Tea Party member.

In response to this incorrect report, for which ABC News apologized soon after, the wingnuts bloggers immediately started digging for evidence that Holmes is connected to the Occupy Wall Street movement.
Joel Pollak blared the headline at Breitbart.com: EXCLUSIVE: CONTRA ABC NEWS, DARK KNIGHT AURORA, CO SHOOTING SUSPECT JAMES HOLMES COULD BE REGISTERED DEMOCRAT.
Oh, but wait — now there’s an update: “UPDATE: NOT REGISTERED?”
Liberal media? What liberal media? ZZ79450B45
What a bunch of hateful clowns.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/20/2012, 4:50 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Absolute dipshits.
Quote :
Right wing blogs are already freaking out in full-on persecuted victim mode, because an early report from ABC News wrongly confused the shooter with another James Holmes in Colorado, who is a Tea Party member.

In response to this incorrect report, for which ABC News apologized soon after, the wingnuts bloggers immediately started digging for evidence that Holmes is connected to the Occupy Wall Street movement.
Joel Pollak blared the headline at Breitbart.com: EXCLUSIVE: CONTRA ABC NEWS, DARK KNIGHT AURORA, CO SHOOTING SUSPECT JAMES HOLMES COULD BE REGISTERED DEMOCRAT.

Multi-billion dollar international media outlet spreading lies as opposed to some obscure blogger spreading lies?
If you have some sort of relevant point to make, please make it.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/20/2012, 5:29 pm

happy jack wrote:
Multi-billion dollar international media outlet spreading lies as opposed to some obscure blogger spreading lies?

Interesting. Didn't know the "liberal media" consisted of just a single individual. Neato.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/20/2012, 5:43 pm

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Interesting. Didn't know the "liberal media" consisted of just a single individual. Neato.
If you truly believe that the Tea Party story got on the air without foreknowledge of the company honchos, then perhaps you'd like to become an investor in my new marketing idea - the Michael Moore Quick Weight Loss Diet Plan.
C'mon - it's a sure thing.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/20/2012, 6:02 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Absolute dipshits.
Quote :

[b]Multi-billion dollar international media outlet spreading lies as opposed to some obscure blogger spreading lies?
ABC at least had the decency to own up to their mistake and admit they were wrong. Brietbart just let it hang out there with "updates" like "Not registered?" If this too is over your head please let me know and I'll do my best to dumb it down for you.

Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/20/2012, 6:11 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Absolute dipshits.
Quote :

[b]Multi-billion dollar international media outlet spreading lies as opposed to some obscure blogger spreading lies?
ABC at least had the decency to own up to their mistake and admit they were wrong. Brietbart just let it hang out there with "updates" like "Not registered?" If this too is over your head please let me know and I'll do my best to dumb it down for you.

Since you seem to be particularly thick and insufferably slow today, I'll repeat myself:

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/20/2012, 6:18 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Absolute dipshits.
How true....Absolute scum of the earth these folks...[/b]
Quote :

Since you seem to be particularly thick and insufferably slow today, I'll repeat myself:

Translation:Since I can't think of an effective rebuttal I'll just troll and repeat myself.
Sleep
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/20/2012, 7:55 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Absolute dipshits.
How true....Absolute scum of the earth these folks...[/b]
Quote :

Translation:Since I can't think of an effective rebuttal I'll just troll and repeat myself.
Sleep

A multi-billion dollar international media outlet should be held to a vastly higher standard than an obscure blogger typing away in his mother’s basement. The ABC story should have never seen the light of day. If the higher-up policy makers at ABC had not wanted that story to run, then it damn well wouldn’t have run. But they did want it to run, and the lame retraction came after their intentional damage was already done, demonstrating that ABC's journalistic standards are gutter-level (if even that high). How many of the viewers who saw the initial story are even aware of the retraction? This Tea Party guilt by association was the same bullshit the media tried to pull with Jared Loughner in the Gabrielle Giffords shooting, and this is also disgustingly reminiscent of the way NBC altered the Zimmerman 911 recording.
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/20/2012, 8:35 pm

Speaking of "absolute dipshits..."
The republican male version of Michele Bachmann speaks:

Quote :
Louie Gohmert: Aurora Shootings Result Of 'Ongoing Attacks On Judeo-Christian Beliefs'

Posted: 07/20/2012
WASHINGTON -- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) said Friday that the shootings that took place in an Aurora, Colo. movie theater hours earlier were a result of "ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs" and questioned why nobody else in the theater had a gun to take down the shooter.

"It does make me wonder, with all those people in the theater, was there nobody that was carrying a gun that could have stopped this guy more quickly?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/louie-gohmert-aurora-shootings_n_1689099.html
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/21/2012, 12:05 pm

Has the shooter made any statements or is this SWAG?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/21/2012, 12:16 pm

KarenT wrote:
Has the shooter made any statements or is this SWAG?
He's not cooperating and has a lawyer.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/22/2012, 9:23 am

happy jack wrote:
f you truly believe that the Tea Party story got on the air without foreknowledge of the company honchos, then perhaps you'd like to become an investor in my new marketing idea - the Michael Moore Quick Weight Loss Diet Plan.

So what he said was completely untrue then? There was no Jim Holmes in the Tea Party as mentioned on air?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/22/2012, 3:51 pm

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
f you truly believe that the Tea Party story got on the air without foreknowledge of the company honchos, then perhaps you'd like to become an investor in my new marketing idea - the Michael Moore Quick Weight Loss Diet Plan.

So what he said was completely untrue then? There was no Jim Holmes in the Tea Party as mentioned on air?

Jesus H. Christ, how dishonest about this do you want to be?
Yes, there was a Jim Holmes in the Tea Party. Unfortunately for ABC, there was no Jim Holmes /Mass Murderer in the Tea Party, a falsehood they were clearly attempting to convey.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/22/2012, 4:05 pm

happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Yes, there was a Jim Holmes in the Tea Party. Unfortunately for ABC, there was no Jim Holmes /Mass Murderer in the Tea Party, a falsehood they were clearly attempting to convey.
Once again for the slow-witted.....
ABC at least had the decency to own up to their mistake and admit they were wrong. Brietbart just let their deliberate attempt to smear the Democratic party hang out there with "updates" like "Not registered?".
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/22/2012, 5:10 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Once again for the slow-witted.....
ABC at least had the decency to own up to their mistake and admit they were wrong. Brietbart just let their deliberate attempt to smear the Democratic party hang out there with "updates" like "Not registered?".

Once again, for the no-witted:

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/22/2012, 10:14 pm

happy jack wrote:

What's your definition of an obscure blogger?
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/23/2012, 10:20 am

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Joel B. Pollak
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/23/2012, 12:13 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:

[b]Joel B. Pollak
You do know that he's a columnist on Breitbart,a site that gets about 1 million hits a month,and is often linked to by Drudge who gets about 13 million hits a month. There is nothing "obscure" about Breitbart or the lies that they promote. If the scumbags there would have had the decency to offer a full retraction like ABC did,I wouldn't have an issue with them,but like most wingnut lie factories they just let it hang out there. Your attempt to minimize their behavior makes you no better than they are. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
edge540

edge540

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/23/2012, 2:26 pm

The GOP absolutely has no shortage of "absolute dipshits:"
Quote :
Ron Johnson: High-Capacity Magazines Are A Constitutional Right (VIDEO)
WASHINGTON -- Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) drew a fairly strict line in the sand on Sunday with respect to the coming debate over gun control, suggesting that there is a constitutional right to buy high-capacity clips and magazines.

"Does something that would limit magazines that could carry 100 rounds, would that infringe on the constitutional right?" host Chris Wallace asked Johnson on "Fox News Sunday."

"I believe so," Johnson replied.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/22/ron-johnson-high-capacity-magazines_n_1692810.html

Yep
No doubt that it's what John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and George Washington wanted.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/23/2012, 4:39 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
[b]Joel B. Pollak
You do know that he's a columnist on Breitbart,a site that gets about 1 million hits a month [/quote]

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/category/evening-news-ratings

Evening News Ratings

EVENING NEWS RATINGS

Evening News Ratings: Week of July 9

By Chris Ariens on July 17, 2012 12:37 PM

“NBC Nightly News Brian Williams” remains #1 in the evenings with a nearly +800,000 lead on #2 “ABC World News with Diane Sawyer” last week.
While all three shows were up in Total Viewers compared to the same week last year, only the “CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley” grew in the demo as well, up +6%, and showed the most growth among total viewers, up +4%.
• Numbers for the week of July 9, 2012:
NBC ABC CBS
Total Viewers 7,808,000 7,011,000 5,776,000
A25-54 2,105,000 1,762,000 1,720,000

1 million hits per month as opposed to 7,808,000 hits in a week.
Yup, obscure blogger.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/23/2012, 5:18 pm

happy jack wrote:

1 million hits per month as opposed to 7,808,000 hits in a week.
Yup, obscure blogger.
So that somehow lets the wingnut lie factory off the hook? Never mind,what other reaction should I have expect from someone who also minimizes child molestation allegations like in the Zimmerman case. Sleep
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/23/2012, 5:30 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Never mind,what other reaction should I have expect from someone who also minimizes child molestation allegations like in the Zimmerman case. Sleep

Why shouldn't I minimize child molestation allegations?
"Allegations" are not "facts".
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/23/2012, 5:56 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Never mind,what other reaction should I have expect from someone who also minimizes child molestation allegations like in the Zimmerman case. Sleep

[b]Why shouldn't I minimize child molestation allegations?
That attitude worked out real well for Penn State,didn't it? Not so much for the victims though. Evil or Very Mad It's people like you that allow these monsters to continue victimizing their prey.
Back to top Go down
chuckmo48

chuckmo48

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty7/23/2012, 6:04 pm

happy jack wrote:
Why shouldn't I minimize child molestation allegations?
So if a relative came to you and said that they were a victim of abuse you would minimize their accusations? If you were an educator that would be against the law...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liberal media? What liberal media?   Liberal media? What liberal media? Empty

Back to top Go down

Liberal media? What liberal media?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next