Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Drive-by shooting at McTaverns last weekend

Go down 
+2
the oracle
sparks
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Drive-by shooting at McTaverns last weekend - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drive-by shooting at McTaverns last weekend   Drive-by shooting at McTaverns last weekend - Page 2 Empty9/6/2009, 11:24 am

LoisLane wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
McTavern's faces opposition to liquor license renewal Two homicides, 88 police calls fuel criticism in Hammond
So why do you care, you live in Illinois...slow posting day?

In case you've forgotten,genius,Hammond borders Illinois. Problems in Hammond can easily spill over into Illinois and vice versa. Supporting and looking out for the interests of neighboring towns is just good citizenship.
Back to top Go down
sparks

Drive-by shooting at McTaverns last weekend - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drive-by shooting at McTaverns last weekend   Drive-by shooting at McTaverns last weekend - Page 2 Empty9/7/2009, 3:29 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
McTavern's faces opposition to liquor license renewal Two homicides, 88 police calls fuel criticism in Hammond
I was really pleased to see the Times run that story in the paper. The hearing was pretty interesting.
It's actually pretty easy to get a liquor license denied at the local level. The only thing that is required is for the people in the community to say they don't want or need that liquor license. There were several moments during the hearing that were pretty funny. The first was when the owner of McTavern's tried to blame the Hammond Police for not showing up every night at closing time to babysit the assorted drug dealers and gang bangers as they leave. This idiot caters to this crowd and then expects the Hammond Police to be his own private police force. Second, he tried to play the race card by claiming the residents don't want minorities in their community. The remonstration petition that I took door to door had several signatures of minorities who don't want bars in their neighborhood attracting criminals, regardless of their race. Finally, McTavern's attorney asked if he could receive a continuance if the board denied their license renewal. I almost broke out laughing when he asked that. Hello, McFly, you can't ask for a continuance after the decision is rendered. I hope this attorney is back for the hearing next month, as McTavern's will be history.
Back to top Go down

Drive-by shooting at McTaverns last weekend
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2