Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shooting Death at McTaverns

Go down 
+4
board monkey
sparks
BigWhiteGuy
stillhere219
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stillhere219

Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty
PostSubject: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/11/2009, 8:25 am

Who didn't see this one coming? Gunfight between a robber and victim breaks out inthe parking lot Saturday night at McTaverns at the robber is killed. That place really needs to be shut down.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/11/2009, 8:33 am

stillhere219 wrote:
Who didn't see this one coming? Gunfight between a robber and victim breaks out inthe parking lot Saturday night at McTaverns at the robber is killed. That place really needs to be shut down.
Hopefully that is the last straw.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/11/2009, 9:11 am

The Mayor's Night out is this Thursday at the Towle theater. Sounds like a good place to bring up the problem.
Back to top Go down
stillhere219

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/11/2009, 9:18 am

I'm sure McDermott is not happy about the situation there and wants it taken care of also. Being he lawyer he knows the correct procedure and it is not simple to close a place down. Some public outcry might make him move faster on it.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/11/2009, 9:27 am

stillhere219 wrote:
I'm sure McDermott is not happy about the situation there and wants it taken care of also. Being he lawyer he knows the correct procedure and it is not simple to close a place down. Some public outcry might make him move faster on it.
Who issues/oversees the liquor license? In Illinois city government, it is the Mayor.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/11/2009, 10:01 am

stillhere219 wrote:
I agree 100%. We don't want another situation like River Park Apt.,where the city is sued because they took hasty actions. The fact that there have been two shooting deaths on that property in the last few months will make a good case for the officials downstate to revoke their license.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/11/2009, 11:03 am

I'm thinking a case could be made that the place is a public nuisance regardless of the liquor license issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/11/2009, 12:05 pm

Mirage wrote:
I'm thinking a case could be made that the place is a public nuisance regardless of the liquor license issue.

That's what I was thinking

If the state revokes the license, there is no guarantee the license will come back to the city

Not that I don't think one less license would be bad, but it is nearly impossible for cities to get those licenses anymore
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/11/2009, 12:06 pm

anyone have a news story about the recent shooting? I haven't heard or seen anything about this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/11/2009, 1:01 pm

don't know the address of Mctaverns, but here is a quick article about it

http://www.thetimesonline.com/articles/2009/01/11/updates/breaking_news/doc496a391913ea0829086636.txt
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/11/2009, 1:24 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
stillhere219 wrote:
Hopefully that is the last straw.

Unfortunately I don't see it that way since it happened outside the bar.
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/11/2009, 1:47 pm

As close as I live to McTaverns I could get hit by a stray bullet. Close up that gang-banger bar and rid Hammond of the Chicago bums that continue to infest our neighborhoods.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/11/2009, 2:44 pm

mike3775 wrote:
don't know the address of Mctaverns, but here is a quick article about it

http://www.thetimesonline.com/articles/2009/01/11/updates/breaking_news/doc496a391913ea0829086636.txt

131st Street -- That's Hegewisch...(Chicago) and that area I know well, if it's off Torrence Avenue. It was gang-infested back in the late '90's and most stretch over to here, now. Some known gang members live off 169th in a set of apartment buildings located across the street, across from that Village Outlet place. I know...they used to live next door to me in Hegewisch, and the whole munchin' family moved into that building. I found out via ex- neighbors.

The one kid works his butt off as an ironworker, and has to send money to the KING of a gang in jail, or he's dead. Any interested investigator...pm me. I'll shout out the name. He once drove a car bullet-ridden. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/11/2009, 5:48 pm

Actually, that isn't Hegewish UR, this is more closer to the Gardens area on the other side of the expressway. You are correct though that this area has always been a gang banger heaven.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/11/2009, 6:51 pm

hang on folks. while im looking for mctaverns to be gone as much as anyone, none of you have the actual story, and in this case mctaverns was not the cause of the incident. according to two witness accounts i have heard....

apparently, this started on the borman expressway. with the attempted robbers (from east chicago, not hammond) car chasing the victims car for an extended period for an as of yet unknown reason. the victims got off of the expressway and went to the nearest occupied business they could find...because they claim they were in fear...and at that time of the night the nearest possible help (any people) they could find just happenned to be at mctaverns. (im guessing thats why the victim exited his car with gun in hand) anyway...at that point the eventual altercation occurred.

none of the people involved were in the bar whatsoever.

so apparently. whether the bar was there or not...this incident was going to happen somewhere anyway. but the bar's being thier likely meant the address of the occurance was in front of mctaverns...instead of the 24 hour gas station a block further down.

its still way early in the investigation. but at this point it doesnt look like any charges are going to be filed for the shooting against the shooter (probable self defense)

just the same, the bar imo still needs to be closed for past incidents. and the threat its current ownership has allowed it to become toward the surrounding neighborhood. but using this incident against it, imo would be an unfair charectorization.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty1/12/2009, 2:12 pm

Chicago radio stations are reporting on this killing today. They are mentioning that a 17 year old from Chicago died in the shooting and that it happened in McTavern's parking in Hammond,IN. I am glad that McTavern's is getting this kind of attention focused on it.The bad publicity means that even fewer people will patronize it and hasten it's demise. McTavern's is far too close to Cabela's and the new theaters that are coming to have this kind of activity continue. The city does not need a bar that caters to gang bangers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Death at McTaverns   Shooting Death at McTaverns Empty

Back to top Go down

Shooting Death at McTaverns
Page 1 of 1