Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mctaverns update

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the oracle

the oracle

Mctaverns update Empty
PostSubject: Mctaverns update   Mctaverns update Empty12/17/2008, 4:32 am

ok. on the old board i think people misunderstood what i explained had happenned regarding a recent community meeting about the place.

to repeat. basically the mayor said until they start following the law, the place will be monitored (repeatedly raided) and forced to be brought into compliance with various laws and ordinances. the most recent occurance, now that word has gotten out that the heat is on, there were less than 100 people in there late on a saturday night (compared to nearly 300 about a month earlier at the same time on a same night) and had much fewer violations regarding underaged and fugitive customers

by my count the place has now been raided at least three times since he made that statement. and word is the owner is now seeking a meeting with the city to resolve his issues.

the thing is. i think the city's issue is, the only issue at hand is that the guy runs a safe establishment and complies with the existing laws and ordinances. no meeting is necessary if he chooses to do that. and the same message needs to be sent to other establishments in the city as well. comply with the laws, or risk being brought into compliance. i see nothing wrong with the police enforcing existing laws. after all, that is their duty and mandate.

the city police in cooperation with the fire marshalls, state excise police and various gang tactical units have been doing an excellent job in recent weeks. i hope they keep it up.
Back to top Go down

Mctaverns update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mctaverns update   Mctaverns update Empty12/17/2008, 4:52 am

Looking at it another way as long as the raids are catching undesirable patrons I really wouldn't want the city to stop the raids. Would anybody? except for the owner and patrons of course.

I say let Hammond be unfriendly to riffraff! I'd love to get that reputation. Wink
Back to top Go down

Mctaverns update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mctaverns update   Mctaverns update Empty12/17/2008, 10:56 am

Oracle, I still think you misheard what the mayor said

He may have said it in a way that was more lawsuit safe if youknow what I mean
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

Mctaverns update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mctaverns update   Mctaverns update Empty12/17/2008, 3:40 pm

i wasnt there, i was only reporting what was told to me.

demanding the place follow the laws or else it will be raided over and over until it does...to me isnt really a legal risk.

as mirage posts above. i think most people would want city government to enforce its laws.
Back to top Go down
the oracle

the oracle

Mctaverns update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mctaverns update   Mctaverns update Empty12/20/2008, 8:56 pm

raided again last night! (friday) cant imagine it was too crowded with all the ice and snow and all...but the state excise boys, had it on the schedule and werent going to skip it.
Back to top Go down

Mctaverns update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mctaverns update   Mctaverns update Empty12/20/2008, 9:06 pm

I want them to follow the law as well.

But to sit there and say publically that they will raid them over and over, I do not think a former lawyer would say it just like that
Back to top Go down

Mctaverns update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mctaverns update   Mctaverns update Empty12/22/2008, 9:53 am

But a current mayor would if he wants to make an example. Wink
Back to top Go down

Mctaverns update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mctaverns update   Mctaverns update Empty12/22/2008, 10:09 am

He might, but I doubt he would, otherwise he would have already told a certain someone to "shut the ?!*?!!* up already" Smile
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

Mctaverns update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mctaverns update   Mctaverns update Empty12/22/2008, 10:36 am

If they are violating the law then they should be prosecuted. If there are underage drinkers shouldn't they at least be fined if not shut down? Can't their liquor license be temporarily revoked? That would get the owner's attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mctaverns update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mctaverns update   Mctaverns update Empty

Back to top Go down

Mctaverns update
Page 1 of 1