Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Creature known as "Preacher"

Go down 
+20
chuckmo48
hammonite
BigWhiteGuy
freekey1
WhitingLib
Simon
John
KarenT
BigFan
Mailman
Robin Banks
Passion
FFScott
Penguin
paul87920
UrRight
voter3
sparks
the oracle
Artie60438
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/3/2009, 8:44 pm

KarenT wrote:
I understand not being happy with an increase in the number of trains. However, if you buy by the tracks, you are going to hear the train! I grew up 1/8 mile from the Grand Trunk (Canadian National) in Valpo - you get used to it!

I always marvel at people who buy property in a flood plain and then complain when it floods.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/4/2009, 1:53 pm

No update today as the Creature was a no show,allegedly taking care of "personal" business. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/6/2009, 5:35 pm

Thursday's show seemed to be unremarkable except for Creature still claiming his side of the street wasn't swept. He didn't dwell on it and I frankly didn't pay too much attention.

Today's Episode: Pavlov's Dog

Ron Harlow sat in again today. I found it funny when the Creature would say something he (creature) thought was funny and start that wheezing laugh,Harlow would just talk right over it because it wasn't.

Everything was going smooth until midway thru the 2nd hr Creature made some comments about the buses. Like Pavlov's dog,the unemployed caller,"Marsha" AKA "Freetime",called in. This was easily the funniest part of the show,and certainly the "stupid creature moment of the day" as the Creature called her a "pretty darned good reporter".The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Rofl (Huh? She hasn't worked as one for years,and her last job was toolman for the Parks Dept.For years she's attacked the Hammond administration non-stop and has never proved one of her idiotic and insane allegations. Since then she's been on the Government gravy train,with no plans to get off. With those qualifications and history,I think all around failure is a more fitting description)

Her opening words were "Want to argue about the buses",thus proving to everyone that arguments are what she lives for.
She then managed to wind up her puppet,Creature, tighter than a drum. Like a virtuoso playing the violin she proceeded to work him up and egg him on into a complete lather about everything Hammond. Buses,the courts,Festival,and Mcdermott,he was off to the races.

Eventually the conversation deteriorated into bashing and defaming their favorite target,"penguin",like it always does.

And that's that! Have a great weekend everybody! 👋
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/9/2009, 3:44 pm

Today's episode: Don't Bank On It.

The Creature spent almost his entire show today complaining about how he was treated by a bank in Hessville. It had something to do with his father's estate. (It sounded to me like he either didn't have the proper documentation or didn't follow the directions given to him. Anyway,he teed off on a "female minority" whom I guess insisted he follow the letter of the law. My question is: Why did he feel the need to identify this woman that he allegedly had a problem with as a "minority"?)

Stupid Creature moment of the day occurred as he was taking a few minutes to bash health care reform. "I don't want the Government running my health care" he said. (Ummmmm.....Dumbass,they already do. What the hell do you think the Medicare program that you're on is? Have you ever considered that there are people with the same conditions that you allegedly suffer from that are unable to get coverage? Why shouldn't they be allowed to be covered by a public plan that they would have to pay into?)

Lastly,a caller asked about the Mailman. Creature went into a long dissertation about how he counseled the MM to not go on the air until his problem was resolved. Then as usual he claimed that all their sponsors want him off the air Rolling Eyes Finally he claimed that his side of the street was still never swept as a result of a political vendetta against him.

That's it for today! Don't forget to tune into Fowler & The Mailman tonight at 6PM and every Mon and Thursday on WJOB.
Back to top Go down
Mailman

Mailman

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/10/2009, 11:38 am

You know the funny thing about yesterday was as I was leaving court, which is a whole other topic, Preacher was walking in the building with a note pad and pen, with a press pad hanging around his neck. He walked right up to me outside the building and shook my hand, and said I hope everything goes ok today. I know todays show will mostly be about how the political fix is in about my case.

So tune in folks it could get interesting.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/10/2009, 2:26 pm

He spent about 30 or so minutes on your case. He was pretty fair,and while doing a lot of speculating,he went at it from both sides.There was no bashing. For example he said if you're convicted you'll claim it was a witch hunt(which I think it is),but if you're found Not Guilty,folks will claim the fix is in. He did say that he "hopes it's just one big misunderstanding" and I thought he came across as sincere.

I'll bet he was using the press pass to try and get preferential treatment relating to paperwork on his late father's estate. (Look at me,I'm a big shot)

The rest of the show was about Morton/Lowell football. He still claimed today that his street has never been swept Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BigFan

BigFan

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/10/2009, 8:28 pm

Ive figured out the creach says and does things out of convenience. For example; he thinks bars should be open on Election Day. Maybe because he DJ's at the only two sponsors he has, that both happen to be BARS!; He disagrees with the smoking bans saying that second hand smoke is harmless. Just listen to his laugh and youll know why he defends cigarettes.;

anyone want to piggyback??
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/10/2009, 11:20 pm

I will say this...if his street wasnt swept there would be a whole HELL of a lot more leaves on it!
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/11/2009, 6:37 pm

Sorry,no update today other than "Geno" sat in with him.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/12/2009, 4:38 pm

Today's episode: Get the Creature some Kaopectate...Stat! He's "sick to his stomach"

Things were once again going smoothly until you know who called in to push the Creature's buttons. More on that @ Eye on Freetime. The chronically unemployed "Marsha" AKA "Freetime" started with a complaint about a "handful of people that obsess on both of us". The Creature of course agreed with her saying they were "going way overboard" with her. Then she launched into her favorite new witch hunt...the promotion of Steve Fowler. After she described his new job Creature then ended the call by saying "I've just been waiting for this to happen and it makes me sick to my stomach".

According to the Creature,Fowler wants to get into one of those new homes on Parrish,and his current job,according to the Creature "didn't pay enough money". He "knew it was coming down the pipeline". (Apparently the Creature is IMO,insanely jealous of Fowler's promotion. Seeing Fowler improve his station in life must be leaving an especially bitter taste in his mouth considering how his radio career is in a steep decline and hasn't gotten a new advertiser in ages)

Here's the stupid Creature moment of the day and IMO qualifies for nomination into the Stupid Creature Moment of the Year contest that will be announced soon.....He went to say "He (Fowler) is the kind of person that comes on the radio and seeks advertisers from areas in Hammond almost exclusively that I have attacked, in order to get back on the air,to attack me. I mean it's sad,it's sad that somebody is that lonely". (Where would you advise him to seek advertisers,genius? He's on a Hammond radio station,for crying out loud!! Btw,I don't think you've attacked the flower or tobacco shop that sponsor. Planning on doing so now? Btw,how's your advertising push going?. How does going on the radio and acquiring sponsors translate into being "lonely"? Can anyone please explain that to me?)

Eventually he started ranting about Festival of the Lakes,as usual. I'll spare everyone the usual claims.(How come that he never,ever,criticized it until this year when he was not invited on the Mayor's boat cruise? Anyone else see the obvious connection?)

Thanks for reading and see ya all tomorrow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigFan

BigFan

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/12/2009, 7:21 pm

He sounded close to tears at the end of the show. He played a long spot dedicated to poking fun at charlie, produced by the creach himself. Not bad production, I have to say. However, this sad man has to play spots ike that during his numerous cig breaks because HE HAS NO SPONSORS! Im so tired of hearing about Freddys Steak House that I no long attend that place. Once they realize he is toxic to Hammond they will drop him too. Then he'll have no job and no sponsors.

He closed the show saying he was far from done. The normal person would wonder how he stays on the air with one sponsor. His only sponsor is the bar he DJ's at and drinks at.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/13/2009, 5:19 pm

Ron Harlo sat in with the Creature today and therefore no recap is necessary. See the Eye on Freetime thread for more. It seems that when he has a co-host it has a calming effect on him and he doesn't go off on any wild tangents.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/13/2009, 5:24 pm

What time is this show on? Where do all of you work so you can listen?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/13/2009, 5:55 pm

KarenT wrote:
What time is this show on? Where do all of you work so you can listen?

Noon to 2PM. I have recording equipment that allows me to go over it in a very short period of time. For instance today took less then 15 minutes.
Back to top Go down
BigFan

BigFan

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/14/2009, 11:27 am

My work keeps me in vehicle most of the day. I just hear bits and peices.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/16/2009, 3:01 pm

Today's show was mostly about the horrors of section 8 affraid It's a shame that he apparently knows so little about the subject. The Creature read off a list that included just about every Democratic POTUS since starting with JFK and naturally blamed them for the problem as he does on a regular basis for all problems facing this nation.

The bill that created it was the "Housing and Community Development Act of 1974" which was started under Republican Richard M. Nixon and subsequently signed into law by Republican Gerald R Ford. Here's what President Ford said about it....

Quote :
IT IS with great pleasure today that I am signing into law S. 3066, the "Housing and Community Development Act of 1974."
Finally, S. 3066 authorizes a more flexible approach to assisting low- and moderate-income families obtain adequate housing. This new lower income housing assistance program should also help increase the supply of housing in areas where vacancies are unreasonably low.

So next time the Creature complains about section 8 housing,tell him to Thank a Republican.

The caller "Marsha AKA "Freetime" called in as usual. More on that at
cyclops on Freetime
Back to top Go down
Robin Banks

Robin Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/16/2009, 3:08 pm

I tried to listen but it was too boring.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/16/2009, 3:54 pm

Robin Banks wrote:
I tried to listen but it was too boring.

I know exactly what you mean. This is becoming a real chore.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/18/2009, 2:59 pm

Nothing to report over yesterday or today,unless you're interested in stupid guess the price contests.Rolling Eyes I will no longer be updating this thread daily unless there is something noteworthy to report.
Back to top Go down
BigFan

BigFan

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/18/2009, 10:01 pm

The game was actually pretty entertaining. 1.5 hours of guessing a price of two packs of cigs, a bag of m&m's, and 2 small snickers bars. over 100 guesses and no one got the price until 5 minutes before 2. wow. The odds were against that happening as more and more hints were given throughout the sshow. I think preach just wanted to pretent he had many many listeners, although it sounded as if the same 20-30 people kept calling. pretty entertaining. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/19/2009, 9:30 am

BigFan wrote:
The game was actually pretty entertaining. 1.5 hours of guessing a price of two packs of cigs, a bag of m&m's, and 2 small snickers bars. over 100 guesses and no one got the price until 5 minutes before 2. wow. The odds were against that happening as more and more hints were given throughout the sshow. I think preach just wanted to pretent he had many many listeners, although it sounded as if the same 20-30 people kept calling. pretty entertaining. Seriously.

Simply another case of where these "contests" can be easily manipulated or fixed. Keep in mind that I'm not accusing him of that,just pointing out that it's possible Wink
Back to top Go down
BigFan

BigFan

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/19/2009, 7:33 pm

Like an old carnival worker trick Question I wonder who won, maybe it was a set up...
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/23/2009, 2:50 pm

Today's episode: How does an alleged MENSA candidate spell festival?

Answer:He can't Rolling Eyes

After the usual 2 early callers called in the unemployed one "Marsha" AKA "Freetime" was eager to start beating the drum on her latest non-story,the Festival of the Lakes. :beathorse: The creature was supposedly unaware of the story so he started to look it up on-line. There was one serious problem though....he couldn't spell "festival" and Free actually had to spell it for him. :rolfcry:

She also called in again a little later but the Creature to his credit,cut her off within seconds. (Do I see a pattern here starting to develop ?Smile)

The rest of the show was the usual pathetic self serving pitch as to why he should be the one in charge of it and running it. (Does anyone in their right mind believe he'd be qualified? He seems to have a chip on his shoulder. He gives me the impression that he feels that he should just be handed a money making opportunity from the city of Hammond without having to work for it,but he never gives a reason as to why.) Throughout the show he made references to his alleged IQ and then claimed he could have joined MENSA,a group for people with exceedingly high IQ's. (Perhaps he meant "mensa" the feminine for "menso", an adjective in Mexican Spanish that means "foolish" or "stupid"?Smile Lest anyone think that I'm just picking on him for not knowing how to spell just that word,I assure you that from what I have observed he is truly a horrific speller and that this is far from a one time occurrence.)

He also was back to making derogatory references about the always intersting "Folwer & Mailman show which can be heard on WJOB 1230AM Monday and Thursday at 6PM.

That's it for today. I sure hope I spelled everything right Wink
Back to top Go down
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/26/2009, 9:46 am

If the Creature could join MENSA, they must have very low standards. Really, anybody that listens to that clown knows that he is not very bright.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty11/26/2009, 11:50 am

Any chance you guys can tele-caption that show for people who can't hear the radio...I can hear if I'm facing ya, but as far as distinguishing between words on a radio, phone, my days ran out. Hee, hee.

My sister knows someone who does that for free. Care to know? Sure would give equal opportunity in this case.

Shitz, I'm late for Turkey. Gotta go to Turkey Run. Bye, bye! :drink:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"   The Creature known as "Preacher" - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Creature known as "Preacher"
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next