Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge Empty
PostSubject: Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge   Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge Empty7/1/2009, 6:38 pm

Wow it's shocking to me that elected officials won't stand for the pledge because of their hatred for another party. Some people seem more worried about the extra-marital affairs of govenors than how leading members of their party behave. It's sickening that these people are so partisan that they cannot even stand and show the respect to this nation by reciting the pledge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge   Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge Empty7/1/2009, 10:40 pm

Nothing? Really?
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge   Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge Empty7/2/2009, 7:13 am

I guess I haven't seen this. It bothers me at events when people don't take their hats off for the pledge. I work in a school, and the principal waits until all is still and quiet before starting the pledge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge   Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge Empty7/2/2009, 12:59 pm

I'm just surprised at those who support the D's who have said nothing.

I'm with you Karen- whenever we go somewhere I make my son remove his hat out of respect.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge   Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge Empty7/2/2009, 1:38 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
I'm just surprised at those who support the D's who have said nothing.

It's a non-issue that was based on infighting in the NY state legislature.

Democrats sat at their desks with hands over their hearts during the Pledge of Allegiance led by Republicans. They stood during their own recitation of the pledge later, as did the Republicans.

Happy now?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge   Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge Empty7/2/2009, 1:54 pm

Ohhmama wrote:
Wow it's shocking to me that elected officials won't stand for the pledge because of their hatred for another party.

Yeah, well from what I've read, this was about not recognizng the Republicans right to call the session to order, rather than a "failure to respect the nation." For the past couple of weeks, there has been an ongoing struggle for control of the chamber.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/06/state_senate_remains_a_house_d.html

Quote :
The drama-filled session came after Democrats locked themselves in the Senate chamber more than two hours before the scheduled start of session, and after Republicans, for the fourth time, led their own, ineffective 31-person session. Democrats attended but protested by remaining seated during the Pledge of Allegiance and saying nothing throughout.

"The only person who can call session is Malcolm Smith," said Sen. David Valesky, D-Oneida.

Both the Republicans and Democrats in the New York Senate have been acting like spoiled children. The Governor had to go to court just to make them all gather in the same room this week.

http://ny1.com/content/news_beats/politics/101528/state-senate-under-court-order-to-meet/Default.aspx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge   Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge Empty

Back to top Go down

Lack of Respect from Democrats in Reciting the Pledge
Page 1 of 1