Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?

Go down 
+5
voter3
the oracle
BigWhiteGuy
KarenT
UrRight
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
sparks

WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 3 Empty6/8/2009, 6:48 am

voter3 wrote:
Thanks Sparks we are trying to get the worst of the bunch but as I have stated before it is a long process. I think we have the grass problem under control other then a few places like Lyman and 173rd. That spot is owned by CSX and the gentleman emailed me that it was to be cut June 2nd and obviously that didnt happen. so now the citation goes out and we start adding up the fine. I hate being lied to!!
There are also several homes north of 173 rd on Lyman that have very high grass. I was surprised to see that Munster is starting to have problems with overgrown grass,too. The area east of Target that flooded last fall is looking bad. Construction debris are still out on front lawns and lawns are not being mowed.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 3 Empty6/10/2009, 12:05 pm

they have already been cited...Munster has more rentals then you would think!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 3 Empty6/13/2009, 10:39 am

sparks wrote:
voter3 wrote:
Thanks Sparks we are trying to get the worst of the bunch but as I have stated before it is a long process. I think we have the grass problem under control other then a few places like Lyman and 173rd. That spot is owned by CSX and the gentleman emailed me that it was to be cut June 2nd and obviously that didnt happen. so now the citation goes out and we start adding up the fine. I hate being lied to!!
There are also several homes north of 173 rd on Lyman that have very high grass. I was surprised to see that Munster is starting to have problems with overgrown grass,too. The area east of Target that flooded last fall is looking bad. Construction debris are still out on front lawns and lawns are not being mowed.
My God...He's in Munster now! I better measure my lawn....Whew, 2 1/2". I'm safe.
Get a life!!!
WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 3 Lawn-police
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 3 Empty6/13/2009, 3:16 pm

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
voter3 wrote:
My God...He's in Munster now! I better measure my lawn....Whew, 2 1/2". I'm safe.
Get a life!!!
There are plenty of people who take pride in their homes and their communities. A few bad apples can drag down an entire neighborhood and I'm glad that Hammond has ordinances to ensure that all property owners maintain their property.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 3 Empty6/14/2009, 9:24 am

sparks wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Get a life!!!
There are plenty of people who take pride in their homes and their communities. A few bad apples can drag down an entire neighborhood and I'm glad that Hammond has ordinances to ensure that all property owners maintain their property.

There was an article written many years ago that dealt with the consequences of ignoring seemingly little things like an overgrown lawn. I believe the author's points still hold true today...

Excerpt:

Quote :
'In a 1982 Atlantic Monthly article titled "Broken Windows," James Q. Wilson and George Kelling argued that disorder in a community, if left uncorrected, undercuts residents' own efforts to maintain their homes and neighborhoods and control unruly behavior. "If a window in a building is broken and left unrepaired," they wrote, "all the rest of the windows will soon be broken. . . . One unrepaired window is a signal that no one cares, so breaking more windows costs nothing. . . . Untended property becomes fair game for people out for fun or plunder."

'If disorder goes unchecked, a vicious cycle begins. First, it kindles a fear of crime among residents, who respond by staying behind locked doors. Their involvement in the neighborhood declines; people begin to ignore rowdy and threatening behavior in public. They cease to exercise social regulation over little things like litter on the street, loitering strangers, or truant schoolchildren. When law-abiding eyes stop watching the streets, the social order breaks down and criminals move in.

'"Stable neighborhoods can change in a few months to jungles," declare Wilson and Kelling. Disorder also can have dire economic consequences. Shoppers will shun an area they perceive as being "out of control." One study analyzing crime in 30 different areas found that the level of disorder of a neighborhood -- more than such factors as income level, resident turnover, or racial makeup -- was the best indicator of an area's lack of safety.'
http://www.theatlantic.com/ideastour/archive/windows.mhtml
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3