Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?

Go down 
+5
voter3
the oracle
BigWhiteGuy
KarenT
UrRight
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
paul87920

paul87920

WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty5/18/2009, 7:35 pm

Tiger1 wrote:
Paul, my daughters favorite was Ireland, with Scotland a very close second. I really hope you have the chance to check things out, but be wary of pickpockets, they are everywhere over there. Get yourself a neck wallet. They are like a thin wallet that you put around your neck like a necklace, and tuck it in INSIDE of your shirt. Put your passport, credit cards, and paper money in it.

Thank you. The Office of International Programs warned me about that too. They suggested a money belt. I'll keep both in mind. I do have layover in Ireland (Flying Aer Lingus) I will make it back there though sometime while I am over there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty5/18/2009, 8:25 pm

Paul, my daughter Alexandra says that the large crowds are where the most pickpockets are, and they generally work in pairs. They will "accidently" bump you and rifle your pockets so quick, you will not even notice. Split up your money, and make photocopies of your ID, and keep it in a seperate place, like maybe one in your moneybelt, and the original in the neck wallet. Make extra photocopies of your ID and credit cards, and leave them home with your mom. Just in case they get stolen, a call to her would give you the information you need to replace them, and stop someone from using them fraudulently.
Alexandra also said to save every brochure from whatever places you visit, for future reference and a souvenier. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty5/18/2009, 10:22 pm

Go, Paul, go! I just had such a unique opportunity to unite with my daughter late last night, before being called "home" to where Grammaw is (my sis-in-law's mom).

I spent 9:00 p.m. until 2 a.m., laughing my butt off, at the videos she took while on tour in wherever Britney went. My daughter said Britney is very shy in real person, and usually jets off with her kids...but the fun part was seeing the pranks the dancers played on the costume makers, the cosmetic woman, etc. I laughed so hard, I wished I was 25 again. My visit got cut short today; gram fell...but I know what I'm meant for, and so does my daughter.

It was so great to have my baby daughter lying next to me, with all the confidence in the world, saying, "Mom, hold me...I miss you sooo much". Anyway, not to brag, but I think I did a good job despite obstacles. She is now doing what she loves and knows best. Communications and PR was her two majors.

What cracked me up was...I did all that at her age, without majors. I was a pro at it...and she doesn't brag. It just comes natural.

Paul, when you are done, she's known about you since I bragged I knew a son on the board. She's beyond her years with such a great sense of humor...I never laughed so much in my life this past 18 hours where she spent 12 hours awake. Gosh, I learned so much about the AIM, the list could go on.

All I ask is, please contact me while in you float. She's been there, did that, and not at all the type of person that is stuck on all she's accomplished. She's all about other's achieving what she's achieved. You two just gotta communicate. A charm you wouldn't want to miss advising you. Ya gotta get in touch and have a bunch of laughs while making that money.

I swear, I'm still laughing from seeing the videos...you would laugh, too. Gotta send them to ya. She preserves her honest persona, doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs...and makes me so proud of her. She was to go to London, but has to start this new business with her boss that created the circus thing with Britney..he turned his whole dependency on her...which I am so proud of.

As in politicis, it's "who you know". In my daughter's case, she exposed herself, her intelligence, applied what she knew...worked for it, and knows how hard it is to seek jobs.

She worked her way up, but she will help those who are in the same profession that need "someone you know". Much like politics.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty5/18/2009, 10:36 pm

Back to the probably 18 inches of grass - I hired a lawn service, billing the son.

All's well! Locking the garage door with no key to gain entrance while mom can't in....well, what goes around, comes around.

The lawn service is in.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty5/19/2009, 12:17 am

Tiger1 wrote:
Paul, my daughter Alexandra says that the large crowds are where the most pickpockets are, and they generally work in pairs. They will "accidently" bump you and rifle your pockets so quick, you will not even notice. Split up your money, and make photocopies of your ID, and keep it in a seperate place, like maybe one in your moneybelt, and the original in the neck wallet. Make extra photocopies of your ID and credit cards, and leave them home with your mom. Just in case they get stolen, a call to her would give you the information you need to replace them, and stop someone from using them fraudulently.
Alexandra also said to save every brochure from whatever places you visit, for future reference and a souvenier. Very Happy

Good tips. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty5/19/2009, 12:20 am

UrRight wrote:
Go, Paul, go! I just had such a unique opportunity to unite with my daughter late last night, before being called "home" to where Grammaw is (my sis-in-law's mom).

I spent 9:00 p.m. until 2 a.m., laughing my butt off, at the videos she took while on tour in wherever Britney went. My daughter said Britney is very shy in real person, and usually jets off with her kids...but the fun part was seeing the pranks the dancers played on the costume makers, the cosmetic woman, etc. I laughed so hard, I wished I was 25 again. My visit got cut short today; gram fell...but I know what I'm meant for, and so does my daughter.

It was so great to have my baby daughter lying next to me, with all the confidence in the world, saying, "Mom, hold me...I miss you sooo much". Anyway, not to brag, but I think I did a good job despite obstacles. She is now doing what she loves and knows best. Communications and PR was her two majors.

What cracked me up was...I did all that at her age, without majors. I was a pro at it...and she doesn't brag. It just comes natural.

Paul, when you are done, she's known about you since I bragged I knew a son on the board. She's beyond her years with such a great sense of humor...I never laughed so much in my life this past 18 hours where she spent 12 hours awake. Gosh, I learned so much about the AIM, the list could go on.

All I ask is, please contact me while in you float. She's been there, did that, and not at all the type of person that is stuck on all she's accomplished. She's all about other's achieving what she's achieved. You two just gotta communicate. A charm you wouldn't want to miss advising you. Ya gotta get in touch and have a bunch of laughs while making that money.

I swear, I'm still laughing from seeing the videos...you would laugh, too. Gotta send them to ya. She preserves her honest persona, doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs...and makes me so proud of her. She was to go to London, but has to start this new business with her boss that created the circus thing with Britney..he turned his whole dependency on her...which I am so proud of.

As in politicis, it's "who you know". In my daughter's case, she exposed herself, her intelligence, applied what she knew...worked for it, and knows how hard it is to seek jobs.

She worked her way up, but she will help those who are in the same profession that need "someone you know". Much like politics.

Aww thank you so much URright. You're so sweet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty5/22/2009, 11:15 pm

will pm ya. Paul tomorrow. Great show!
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty5/23/2009, 8:19 am

voter3 wrote:
my point was that if there is high grass in your neighborhood give me the address and we will see if we can get it cut. No hidden message...but if it gets your grass cut that works to!
230- is looking really bad. Not only is the grass over a foot high, but ReMax's sign is in the ground crooked. It doesn't reflect well on ReMax at all that a home they are selling looks so bad.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty5/25/2009, 4:44 pm

I'll look into it Tuesday...i hate that realtors wont keep the grass cut at homes for sale in hammond. If that house was in munster you know it would be cut!!
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty5/27/2009, 7:18 am

I noticed a few yards with high grass along Highland and Waltham the other day. The houses looked empty. Mostly in the 400 block.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty5/31/2009, 7:09 am

voter3 wrote:
I'll look into it Tuesday...i hate that realtors wont keep the grass cut at homes for sale in hammond. If that house was in munster you know it would be cut!!
I went past that house yesterday, the grass was cut and the sign was fixed. The house is much more likely to sell when it is taken care of. Heading east on 169 th st, from the Speedway at Calumet ave, there were three or four vacant homes that looked overgrown.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty5/31/2009, 12:27 pm

all of them Highland included have been cited and should be cut this week...thanks for the tips!!
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty5/31/2009, 5:10 pm

sparks wrote:
voter3 wrote:
I went past that house yesterday, the grass was cut and the sign was fixed. The house is much more likely to sell when it is taken care of. Heading east on 169 th st, from the Speedway at Calumet ave, there were three or four vacant homes that looked overgrown.
You really believe cutting the lawn and straightening a For Sale sign will enhance any chances to sell a home? If there is a foreclosure down the street, somebody is going to buy it for 2/3 the price, sink $2,000 into it and sell it for 1/2 the price of the house with the freshly cut lawn and the pretty For Sale sign. Get a grip on reality. Maybe a wind turbine in the backyard will clinch the sale.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty5/31/2009, 6:55 pm

take it to the other board Big White guy!!
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty5/31/2009, 6:57 pm

voter3 wrote:
take it to the other board Big White guy!!
Wow...New Board Moderator. Did I post something untrue?
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty6/1/2009, 6:36 am

voter3 wrote:
all of them Highland included have been cited and should be cut this week...thanks for the tips!!
What's going on with the building that is directly east of the main library? It looks like it there was a fire several years ago and most of the roof has collapsed. Does the city have an ordinance that allows you to knock down buildings like that?
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty6/1/2009, 7:05 am

Is it the building across the street and East of the library? if it is I believe the first Baptist may be interested in that building
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty6/1/2009, 10:05 am

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
sparks wrote:
[color=darkblue][b]You really believe cutting the lawn and straightening a For Sale sign will enhance any chances to sell a home?

I certainly do. An unkempt lawn and signs that are falling down do not invite curiosity or interest in a property. Instead,they paint a picture of house that is falling apart.
Back to top Go down
BigWhiteGuy

BigWhiteGuy

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty6/1/2009, 10:12 am

Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:
sparks wrote:
You really believe cutting the lawn and straightening a For Sale sign will enhance any chances to sell a home?

I certainly do. An unkempt lawn and signs that are falling down do not invite curiosity or interest in a property. Instead,they paint a picture of house that is falling apart.
It's USUALLY the case.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty6/1/2009, 3:56 pm

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:
sparks wrote:
You really believe cutting the lawn and straightening a For Sale sign will enhance any chances to sell a home?

It's USUALLY the case.

Yeah it says something about the owner if they are too lazy to even keep a lawn up.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty6/1/2009, 4:55 pm

sparks wrote:
voter3 wrote:
What's going on with the building that is directly east of the main library? It looks like it there was a fire several years ago and most of the roof has collapsed. Does the city have an ordinance that allows you to knock down buildings like that?

If it was the building on Sohl (the old ray and willy's tap ) it has been demolished.
Back to top Go down
sparks

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty6/3/2009, 6:17 am

voter3 wrote:
sparks wrote:
voter3 wrote:

If it was the building on Sohl (the old ray and willy's tap ) it has been demolished.
That's great. That is the building I was talking about. It had been vacant for a long time and was a huge eyesore that everyone who visited the library saw. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty6/7/2009, 12:00 pm

Thanks Sparks we are trying to get the worst of the bunch but as I have stated before it is a long process. I think we have the grass problem under control other then a few places like Lyman and 173rd. That spot is owned by CSX and the gentleman emailed me that it was to be cut June 2nd and obviously that didnt happen. so now the citation goes out and we start adding up the fine. I hate being lied to!!
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty6/7/2009, 5:53 pm

Hey Voter, were they planning on cutting all the way up to Douglas? The weeds between the tracks are getting high on the north end too.
Back to top Go down
voter3

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty6/7/2009, 9:10 pm

I realize that but I do not believe it is CSX property...they will not provide the maps to prove otherwise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?   WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WEATHER IS GREAT, ONE EXCUSE, BUT WHAT'S UP?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next