Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa

Go down 
+4
Heretic
KarenT
sparks
paul87920
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
happy jack

Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa   Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 2:15 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Have you ever actually attended one?

Yes, I've been to countless parades, mainly on the Fourth of July.
Why do you ask?

I was referring to a gay pride parade. Ever attend one?
No.
Why?
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa   Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 4:34 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Why do you ask?

No.
Why?

If you never attended one you're hardly in a position to judge it. Kinda like reviewing a book that you've never read.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa   Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 5:06 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Why do you ask?

No.
Why?

If you never attended one you're hardly in a position to judge it. Kinda like reviewing a book that you've never read.
How much more do I need to know about one of these parades?
I'd say that this is flamboyant behavior, wouldn't you?

Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa - Page 2 Obama-newsome

Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa - Page 2 Gay_pride2
Back to top Go down
board monkey

board monkey

PostSubject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa   Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 6:38 pm

But those aren't the only people that attend the parades. The press just shows you these people to get your attention. I happen to have a few gay/lesbian friends and most of them you wouldn't know it until they told you. Most are normal people with normal jobs just like you and me, Hell, one of them is even a school teacher.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa   Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa - Page 2 Empty4/6/2009, 9:26 pm

board monkey wrote:
But those aren't the only people that attend the parades. The press just shows you these people to get your attention. I happen to have a few gay/lesbian friends and most of them you wouldn't know it until they told you. Most are normal people with normal jobs just like you and me, Hell, one of them is even a school teacher.
Right. That's what I've been saying all along. It's just that those who adapt to the mainstream are not the ones the media choose to focus on.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa   Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa - Page 2 Empty4/7/2009, 12:24 am

happy jack wrote:
It's just that those who adapt to the mainstream are not the ones the media choose to focus on.[/b]

Those that adapt to the mainstream? The "normal" individuals in the homosexual community that you are referring to are not suppressing the urge to run around like the individuals highlighted at those parades; it doesn't exist in the first place.

I don't know if that was what you intended to say, but that's a small but significant difference that I felt needed to be pointed out.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa   Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa - Page 2 Empty4/7/2009, 12:40 am

Heretic wrote:
happy jack wrote:
It's just that those who adapt to the mainstream are not the ones the media choose to focus on.[/b]

Those that adapt to the mainstream? The "normal" individuals in the homosexual community that you are referring to are not suppressing the urge to run around like the individuals highlighted at those parades; it doesn't exist in the first place.

I don't know if that was what you intended to say, but that's a small but significant difference that I felt needed to be pointed out.
If you would clarify that, I'll address it. As it stands, though, I'm not quite sure what you are asking.
Back to top Go down
Heretic

Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa   Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa - Page 2 Empty4/7/2009, 2:46 am

Lemme try to explain...

happy jack wrote:
board monkey wrote:

Right. That's what I've been saying all along. It's just that those who adapt to the mainstream are not the ones the media choose to focus on.

That exchange suggests that all homosexuals would rolling around the street in pink tutus if left to their own devices, and those who do not partake in such behavior are merely suppressing the urge to do so in order to "adapt to the mainstream"; that they're not "normal people with normal jobs" but merely playing the part and secretly wish they were running around half nekkid on TV.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa   Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa - Page 2 Empty4/7/2009, 8:39 am

Heretic wrote:
Lemme try to explain...

happy jack wrote:
board monkey wrote:

That exchange suggests that all homosexuals would rolling around the street in pink tutus if left to their own devices, and those who do not partake in such behavior are merely suppressing the urge to do so in order to "adapt to the mainstream"; that they're not "normal people with normal jobs" but merely playing the part and secretly wish they were running around half nekkid on TV.
I don't have a clue as to which urges anyone, straight or gay, may or may not be suppressing.
Interpret that however you choose.
Back to top Go down

Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional in Iowa
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2