Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath Empty
PostSubject: Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath   Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath Empty1/17/2009, 9:46 am

Funny how that all during the runup to the election,the Repubs couldn't mention his middle name Hussein often enough...

BY JOSEPH MORTON
WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

WASHINGTON - Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, said Tuesday's presidential inauguration will be an extraordinary moment in history, but he takes issue with one part of the ceremony.

The incoming president will use his full name, Barack Hussein Obama, when he is sworn in.

King is no stranger to controversial statements. He started a firestorm in the middle of the presidential campaign when he said terrorists would dance in the streets if Obama won.

King said at the time that he was basing that prediction on Obama's plans to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq and on the candidate's middle name, which King said the terrorists would find meaningful.

During the campaign, Obama supporters criticized those who used the candidate's middle name as a way of implying that he was a Muslim.

Obama, a Christian, criticized King's comments as out of bounds. He was given his middle name in honor of his paternal grandfather in Kenya.

King, who represents western Iowa's 5th District, said he doesn't understand how Obama can now use his middle name for the swearing-in ceremony.

He took issue with the president-elect's suggestion that using all three names is in keeping with tradition. King said while several past presidents have used middle names at their inaugurations, most presidents have used simply a middle initial or no middle name at all.

King's prediction of terrorist jubilation did not happen when Obama won the election. In fact, Osama bin Laden released a tape last week challenging Obama.

King said the reason why terrorists aren't happy is that Obama switched positions on Iraq and now favors a more responsible approach to drawing down U.S. troops.
http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-01-07-voa30.cfm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath   Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath Empty1/17/2009, 10:55 am

I heard he has CHANGEd his speech several times, as much as he CHANGEd his mind on what he promised to CHANGE while campaigning on the CHANGE platform.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath   Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath Empty1/18/2009, 12:35 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Funny how that all during the runup to the election,the Repubs couldn't mention his middle name Hussein often enough...

Funny how that all during the runup to the election, the Messiah couldn't find enough bushel baskets under which to try and hide that name.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath   Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath Empty1/18/2009, 2:02 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Funny how that all during the runup to the election, the Messiah couldn't find enough bushel baskets under which to try and hide that name.

Personally I don't see why the man should have ever had to try to hide or not hide his name. I couldn't tell you what Biden, Palin, or McCain's middle names were. Nor do I care because I formed my opinions on things that they said during the campaign. Obama should use whatever name he's comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath   Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath Empty1/18/2009, 4:04 pm

I agree wth Paul. A name is a name, it doesn't define you.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath   Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath Empty1/18/2009, 5:44 pm

He didn't choose it, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath   Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath Empty1/18/2009, 5:51 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Actually I don't think that is funny at all. He was smart enough to make an effort to hide what he knew, by no fault of his own, would be just about the only thing the Rep. had left to go after him on. And smart enough to know that some men still like to call names and tease about something as personal as a name.
Back to top Go down
UrRight

PostSubject: Re: Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath   Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath Empty1/18/2009, 7:05 pm

You know, we have a new president...I admit I did think he was being unrealistic, and the fact he came from IL, I voted the for McCain.

I respect him now, because he's elected. Let's just focus on what he's out to do...and respect him. I give him a lot of credit for the way he handled his campaign vs. McCain and Clinton, and we need to focus on going forward for the good of the country.

Just respect him. Unless he gives us a reason to not respect him. Anything is better than 8 years of Bush and the other Bush, the father, who wants old'Jed to run for President. I hate political ties, no matter what party. I vote for the individual; not the party.

I truly am going to give this guy an optimistic view, and try and disregard the press. The press is so hard up because of the internet age, they will try and drag him down as it is. Give the guy a chance before we start digging into the negatives like we did before - while they were all campaigning.

I agree with Party42. I hate my own first name, but I'm stuck with it, even though it's rarely used except for legal means. I grew up being called by my second (initial) name. I hated the first name so much, I wanted to change it in court, legally. Holy Moly, not only did my mom do this to me, my cousin has the same second name and she forgoes the first name. She and I share the same first and last name...but go by the second and last name. What's in a name?

Name that "Name"? A name is a damn name. I dropped my first name, so did my cousin. We're both always being confused when especially we write letters or columns for our old home town. They don't know which one of us wrote it in.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath   Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath Empty1/18/2009, 7:10 pm

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

No,he didn't hide anything,Americans just finally woke up to the wingnut smear machine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath   Rep. King R-Iowa: Obama should skip middle name in oath Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1