Let Freedom Reign!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let Freedom Reign!

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Artie60438

Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/2/2012, 10:53 pm

I'm going with Rick Santorum to edge out Ron Paul due to late breaking voters who figure he's not Mitt Romney,and not nearly as crazy as Ron Paul,who finishes a strong second. Weather should be fairly mild so that could help Santorum versus Paul's crazed supporters who would show up to vote even if a Category 5 hurricane was forecast. Mitt Romney ends up 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/4/2012, 3:33 pm

I'm pretty darn happy with the results last night. Very Happy Mittens may have won by a few votes but Santorum is closing fast. Michelle Bachmann is dropping out. Guess where her supporters are going? Hint:Not to the guy whose name rhymes with Sh*t.

Our Crazy Uncle Ronnie Paul finished a respectable 3rd which prompted the "Quitta From Wasilla" "Caribou Barbie" to weigh in with
‘The GOP Had Better Not Marginalize Ron Paul And His Supporters’ After Iowa

Rick Perry has announced that he plans to continue to make a fool of himself and is not dropping out cheers

Last,but not least,with his poor performance last night, there's a good possibility that Newt Gingrich may go off his leash. Me thinks the days of his "positive campaigning" are over. Laughing

Meanwhile we're in for a real treat...Back to Back clown Clown Car Debates this weekend!!! santa
January 7, 2012 9pm ET on ABC
Sponsor: ABC News and WMUR
Participants: TBD

January 8, 2012 9am ET on NBC (Yes, 9am)
Location: Chubb Theatre at the Capitol Center for the Arts in Concord, NH
Sponsor: NBC News, Facebook and the Union Leader
Participants: TBD

[/b]
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/4/2012, 8:41 pm

Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion GOP_freak-show
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/5/2012, 2:36 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
I'm pretty darn happy with the results last night. Very Happy Mittens may have won by a few votes but Santorum is closing fast. Michelle Bachmann is dropping out. Guess where her supporters are going? Hint:Not to the guy whose name rhymes with Sh*t.

Yeah. Well IMHO, Santorum just isn't a viable candidate. He's not going to win in New Hampshire. Or South Carolina. Or Florida.

I wonder who Happy Jack supports... now that the field is set?

I don't think there is any doubt that Romney will win the nomination. And I still think he should pick Huckabee as his running mate.

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/5/2012, 6:18 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Yeah. Well IMHO, Santorum just isn't a viable candidate. He's not going to win in New Hampshire. Or South Carolina. Or Florida.

I don't think there is any doubt that Romney will win the nomination.
If this were a normal year I would totally agree with you but let's face it,this is not the Republican Party of old. It's been hijacked from the right and they don't like Romney. Those debates this week are going to be interesting to say the least. I also think that Romney's refusal to release his tax returns is eventually going to become a major issue. My gut feeling is that he doesn't pay too much in taxes despite being worth between 200 and 250 million dollars.
Quote :
And I still think he should pick Huckabee as his running mate.
Huckabee hasn't endorsed him yet and has said that he's not endorsing anyone until after Fla at the least.
Quote :
HaHaHa. Good luck with that. I've been trying to get an answer out of him since 2008.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/6/2012, 12:01 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
I also think that Romney's refusal to release his tax returns is eventually going to become a major issue. My gut feeling is that he doesn't pay too much in taxes despite being worth between 200 and 250 million dollars.

There is no question that Romney will have to release his returns. The pressure to release them will continue to grow, and the fallout if he continues to delay will definitely be damaging. But who knows? He may wait until after he has the nomination.

Artie60438 wrote:
Huckabee hasn't endorsed him yet and has said that he's not endorsing anyone until after Fla at the least.

Yeah. Well all I'm saying is that Romney will need to pick a running mate that will appeal to the far right. Huckabee fits the bill, and he is also from a Southern state, which would balance the ticket regionally as well.

Artie60438 wrote:

Scorpion wrote:
HaHaHa. Good luck with that. I've been trying to get an answer out of him since 2008.

Actually, I'm just curious. I know that he wanted Christie to run. Now that Christie is out of the picture and the primary season is officially underway, perhaps he'll indicate which of the remaining candidates he prefers... or perhaps not.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/6/2012, 1:21 pm

Scorpion wrote:

There is no question that Romney will have to release his returns. The pressure to release them will continue to grow, and the fallout if he continues to delay will definitely be damaging. But who knows? He may wait until after he has the nomination.
Huntsman brought it up today but I don't think he's going to be in the debates. I think Romney's taxes are a real soft spot. If the other candidates were smart they'd press him on that issue,although I don't think anyone else has released theirs either with the exception of Huntsman. Maybe Ron Paul?

Quote :
Yeah. Well all I'm saying is that Romney will need to pick a running mate that will appeal to the far right. Huckabee fits the bill, and he is also from a Southern state, which would balance the ticket regionally as well.
That makes sense.

Artie60438 wrote:

Scorpion wrote:

Quote :
Actually, I'm just curious. I know that he wanted Christie to run. Now that Christie is out of the picture and the primary season is officially underway, perhaps he'll indicate which of the remaining candidates he prefers... or perhaps not.
I wouldn't hold my breath. The righties love to bash Obama,but when you ask them what candidate they're supporting they clam up,
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/6/2012, 2:51 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Huntsman brought it up today but I don't think he's going to be in the debates.

Yes, Huntsman will be at the debates. His entire strategy is based on doing well in New Hampshire, so he'll be there.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/6/2012, 8:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/9/2012, 3:46 pm

Here is my predicted result of the New Hampshire Primary...

Romney
Paul
Huntsman
Gingrich
Santorum
Perry

IMHO, it's going to be close race for fourth between Santorum and Gingrich.

There is a possibility that Roemer may actually edge out Perry for 6th. I don't know why the hell Perry is still in the race.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/9/2012, 8:11 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Romney
Paul
Huntsman
Gingrich
Santorum
Perry

I'm going with Huntsman for 2nd. He got off what I thought was the best line of the weekend debates when after Romney criticized him for working in the Obama admin,he turned to him and said "That's exactly what's wrong with politics today". He got a big applause. for that.

Quote :
I don't know why the hell Perry is still in the race.
Ego or just plain old stupidity. His best applause line this weekend came when he actually managed to correctly name the the three government offices he'd shut down. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/9/2012, 10:59 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Romney
Paul
Huntsman
Gingrich
Santorum
Perry

I'm going with Huntsman for 2nd. He got off what I thought was the best line of the weekend debates when after Romney criticized him for working in the Obama admin,he turned to him and said "That's exactly what's wrong with politics today". He got a big applause. for that.

Quote :
I don't know why the hell Perry is still in the race.
Ego or just plain old stupidity. His best applause line this weekend came when he actually managed to correctly name the the three government offices he'd shut down. Rolling Eyes

Perry's a spoiler. As long as that list is filled with people, the primaries favor Romney. I for one hope this becomes a long and drawn out battle, and if it's still relevant when they finally get to Indiana you'd better believe I'm going to crash the Republican primary to try to make the fight last a little longer.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/10/2012, 4:35 pm

paul87920 wrote:

Perry's a spoiler. As long as that list is filled with people, the primaries favor Romney. I for one hope this becomes a long and drawn out battle, and if it's still relevant when they finally get to Indiana you'd better believe I'm going to crash the Republican primary to try to make the fight last a little longer.

Yeah. Well to be a "spoiler," Perry needs to actually get some votes. I thnk the fact that Buddy Roemer may beat him speaks volumes about Perry's effectiveness as a "spoiler." If he does actually get beaten today by Roemer, I just can't imagine Perry staying in the race.
Back to top Go down
happy jack

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/10/2012, 9:15 pm

Scorpion wrote:

Romney
Paul
Huntsman
Gingrich
Santorum
Perry

There is a possibility that Roemer may actually edge out Perry for 6th. I don't know why the hell Perry is still in the race.

Damn, Scorpion!!!
Whatcha got for the playoffs and Super Bowl?

Results for New Hampshire Republican Primary (U.S. Presidential Primary)

Jan 10, 2012 (68% of precincts reporting)

Mitt Romney 58,395 38%
Ron Paul 36,104 23.5%
Jon Huntsman 25,779 16.8%
Newt Gingrich 15,037 9.8%
Rick Santorum 14,974 9.7%
Rick Perry 1,134 0.7%
Michele Bachmann 204 0.1%
Other 2,103 1.4%
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/11/2012, 11:36 am

Scorpion wrote:

Yeah. Well to be a "spoiler," Perry needs to actually get some votes. I thnk the fact that Buddy Roemer may beat him speaks volumes about Perry's effectiveness as a "spoiler." If he does actually get beaten today by Roemer, I just can't imagine Perry staying in the race.
Never try to predict what a moron will do. Perry is staying on despite finishing 6th with 0.7% of the vote. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/11/2012, 1:01 pm

happy jack wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

Romney
Paul
Huntsman
Gingrich
Santorum
Perry

Damn, Scorpion!!!
Whatcha got for the playoffs and Super Bowl?

Results for New Hampshire Republican Primary (U.S. Presidential Primary)

Jan 10, 2012 (68% of precincts reporting)

Mitt Romney 58,395 38%
Ron Paul 36,104 23.5%
Jon Huntsman 25,779 16.8%
Newt Gingrich 15,037 9.8%
Rick Santorum 14,974 9.7%
Rick Perry 1,134 0.7%
Michele Bachmann 204 0.1%
Other 2,103 1.4%

Kind of impressive, isn't it? Just lucky, I guess.

Artie60438 wrote:
Never try to predict what a moron will do. Perry is staying on despite finishing 6th with 0.7% of the vote.

Hey, he beat Roemer, didn't he? Perry is on a roll!

Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/11/2012, 7:29 pm

Scorpion wrote:
paul87920 wrote:

If Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich can make comebacks I have no reason to believe that Perry can't. Hell they're letting Ron Paul do things and that's just mildly amusing at best. Just seems like the entire race can be best summed up by saying that you have Romney v. Not Romney.
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/12/2012, 7:41 am

paul87920 wrote:

If Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich can make comebacks I have no reason to believe that Perry can't. Hell they're letting Ron Paul do things and that's just mildly amusing at best.
The difference is that Perry just comes across as being stupid or at the very least just not up to the job. You can get away with saying crazy things but when you keep drawing a blank in the middle of presenting your talking points it looks terrible. Even his attempts at self deprecating humor make him look foolish like on Saturday when he finally was able to recite the 3 gov't agencies he would dismantle and the crowd applauded him more for his being able to remember than to his talking point.
Quote :
Just seems like the entire race can be best summed up by saying that you have Romney v. Not Romney.
True. Even though Romney is firmly in the drivers seat more people vote for someone else.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/12/2012, 2:35 pm

paul87920 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
paul87920 wrote:

If Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich can make comebacks I have no reason to believe that Perry can't.

There is no way that Perry will make a "comeback." Hell, CNN had to bend the rules just to allow Perry to participate in the upcoming debate in South Carolina.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/01/cnn-waives-rules-lets-perry-debate-110534.html

Perry is done. It's long past time to "stick a fork" in him.

paul87920 wrote:

Hell they're letting Ron Paul do things and that's just mildly amusing at best. Just seems like the entire race can be best summed up by saying that you have Romney v. Not Romney.

Yeah. Well I would argue that Paul is a special case, and his support is independent of the "Not Romney" vote. To a lesser extent, the same is true of Huntsman.

If the "not Romney" movement has any chance at all of succeeding, the only 2 viable "spoilers" are Santorum and Gingrich. All Perry can do at this point is draw support from the "not Romney" candidates. If that's what you mean by "spoiler," then you are correct.
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/13/2012, 2:02 am

Santorum's Communist Ties

This article is full of the lols
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/16/2012, 9:12 am

Huntsman to quit GOP race, back Romney
Quote :
Campaign officials say Huntsman will endorse Romney because he believes Romney is the best candidate to beat President Barack Obama in November. Campaign manager Matt David said Sunday that Huntsman will announce his withdrawal at an event in Myrtle Beach, S.C.

A week ago he was saying that Romney is out of touch and "unelectable". Now he's endorsing him? Rolling Eyes Personally Huntsman was the candidate I actually feared the most and thought had the best chance of beating Obama. Luckily the crazed loons of the GOP thought otherwise. Very Happy

Meanwhile,with the the sanest guy in the room now gone,it means more kooky fun on the clown car tour tonight...
Quote :
January 16, 2012 9pm ET on Fox News – Live Stream
Location: Myrtle Beach Convention Center in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Sponsor: Fox News and the South Carolina Republican Party
Participants: Romney, Perry, Gingrich, Santorum, Paul
Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/19/2012, 10:10 am

Glad to see this idiot finally dropping out. He added nothing to the campaign other than showcasing his stupidity...
BREAKING: Perry to indicate support for Gingrich
Quote :
(CNN) – Texas Gov. Rick Perry will indicate his support for former House Speaker Newt Gingrich but will not explicitly endorse him, a source with knowledge of Perry's decision told CNN.

Two sources who spoke to Gingrich in the past half-hour said Perry will campaign for Gingrich in Texas to help secure delegates in the state.

Clown car continues tonight...
8pm ET on CNN – Live Stream
Sponsor: CNN and the Southern Republican Leadership Conference
Participants: Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, Paul

Back to top Go down
Artie60438

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/19/2012, 10:56 pm

Highlight of tonight's nonsense was the crowd giving serial adulterer Newt Gingrich a standing ovation for his expressing his phony moral outrage when moderator John King asked him about his ex-wife's allegation that he wanted an "open marriage".

Romney got booed for waffling on when he would release his prior years tax returns. Gingrich released last years returns during the debate which was a pretty slick move and allowed him to give the answer "an hour ago" when asked when he would release them. Overall I thought Newt was the clear winner tonight.

Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion GOP-PrimaryDebate
Back to top Go down
paul87920

paul87920

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/22/2012, 4:48 pm

Artie60438 wrote:
Overall I thought Newt was the clear winner tonight.

Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion GOP-PrimaryDebate

Quote :
Gingrich, 243,153, 40.4%

Can't argue with numbers like that.

Quote :
Newt Gingrich, who headed into the South Carolina primary facing allegations from his ex-wife that he wanted an “open marriage,” received congratulations on his win from the National Organization for Marriage, which organizes nationally to fight same-sex marriage.

The National Organization for Marriage "congratulates Newt Gingrich on his impressive come-from-behind victory in South Carolina." said the group’s president, Brian Brown. He also noted that Gingrich signed the group’s Marriage Pledge, which calls for investigating the organization's critics and passing a federal marriage amendment. Candidates Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum also signed the pledge.

"It is now clear that the Republican Party will nominate a candidate who is strongly committed to preserving marriage as the union of one man and one woman," Brown said. "We have succeeded in making the preservation of marriage a key issue in this race, and we will continue to do so throughout the primary season, and into the general election against President Obama."

lol!

I didn't realize the rest of that read "One man and one woman... at a time" Something Newt can barely commit to.
Back to top Go down
KarenT

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty1/22/2012, 7:44 pm

I find it amazing Newt can find that many women who want to have sex with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion   Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Iowa Caucus Projections & Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next